The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Hi Donnad,

I don't think that Elizabeth Vidal would call her son before going over to his house.  I think that if Gideon got any advance warning that his mother wanted to come over for a visit, he would have made himself scarce or made excuses as to why his mother couldn't come by for a visit. 

If Gideon hated is mother as much as many people have suggested, then it wouldn't make sense that Gideon would entertain visits from his mother. Could it be that the only way Elizabeth Vidal got to visit her son was by ambushing him either at home or at work?  What does everyone else think?

Yes Gigi totally agree with this

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to the presumed opening scenes of the forthcoming EWY: I think she shows up at the door and he is tipped off that they are under surveillance so he makes her leave without really discussing anything with her (end of reflected),,,  the snippets from both points of view are immediately after when he sneaks into her apt once he's sent her home...like I said in a previous post, I think even at the dance club they are still senaking around so I think the heat is still on...

Getting back to the presumed opening scenes of the forthcoming EWY: I think she shows up at the door and he is tipped off that they are under surveillance so he makes her leave without really discussing anything with her (end of reflected),,,  the snippets from both points of view are immediately after when he sneaks into her apt once he's sent her home...like I said in a previous post, I think even at the dance club they are still senaking around so I think the heat is still on...

Among the people who could have told Gideon about a police tail was Clancy. Stanton made it part of Clancy's job to drive Eva to and from the Krav Maga studio in Brooklyn (did this for Monica's peace of mind.) The Krav Maga studio is where Detective Graves cornered Eva. In a daze, Eva had Clancy drive her straight to Gideon's apartment. Clancy, as both a bodyguard and driver, likely would be able to spot a tail. How much he might have been able to figure out possible reasons for a police tail is something we don't know yet -- but at the very least, Clancy would have figured out it would have something to do with the investigation into Nathan's murder.

When Eva first arrived, Gideon was at the gym, not home. Eva sat up there on his doorstep for some time (we don't know exactly how long). Clancy (and anyone else watching the front door) would have seen Gideon arrive home. Additional possibilities besides Clancy:

• It's highly likely Gideon would have been driven home. The probable driver would have been Angus, though back-up driver Raul is possible.
  • The doorman and/or the person at the lobby desk could have told Angus/Raul that Eva had ridden Gideon's private elevator upstairs.
  • One or more police detectives, who had been waiting for Eva to come out -- and who saw Gideon walk in.

Eva and Gideon never had a chance to really talk then and there, and what glimpses we have into Entwined indicate Eva fled. Gideon slipped into her apartment an hour later, disguised in ordinary beat-up sweat clothes and a baseball cap, so they could talk -- and for some reason, it was "dangerous" for him to have taken this risk. Why did they both consider it to be dangerous? Possible scenarios I can think of:

• Was it a simple case of once it hit Gideon that the cops dragged Eva into the middle of the investigation, did he tell her she should leave his apartment building immediately?
  • Or was it someone showing up next, right behind Gideon, that made them realize it was dangerous for her to be there? And if so, who?

The worst case scenario I can think of would be cops immediately showing up on Gideon's doorstep, right behind him, asking if they could have a word with him and/or Eva. Not that either one of them would be obligated to talk -- in fact, the certain answer in both cases would be "not without a lawyer present." But the message would have been sent -- "Ah hah, we now have eyewitness proof Eva came here to talk to you about this investigation."

There is one more possibility -- if Eva hadn't been tailed by the police to Gideon's doorstep ....

..... Gideon himself might have clammed up and refused to even talk about what Detective Graves told Eva. Because it would be dangerous for Eva to know -- dangerous because if Eva knew the truth for certain and kept her mouth shut, at the very least the cops could try to charge Eva with obstruction of justice. If she did even more than keep her mouth shut -- if she helped Gideon continue to cover up his crime, Eva could possibly even be charged with accessory after the fact.

All those cruel things Gideon did to Eva? They were for her own legal protection. As long as she stayed in the dark -- and the cops could obviously see she was in the dark -- she was safe from being accused of having had something to do with Nathan's killing. Knowing the truth -- before or afterward -- puts her in legal danger. THIS is the trap I think Detective Graves laid -- put Eva into legal danger, betting that Gideon would plea bargain rather than risk Eva going to prison.

I think Gideon's original plan was that the cops would cross him off the list of suspects. Then once enough safe time had passed, he would go back to Eva. He never, ever planned on telling her the truth. He was betting on the fact she loved him enough that she would get back together with him. Instead, everything has gone wrong -- he's the chief suspect and he's forced to continue to live the lie he chose his suddenly-available former fiancee over a girlfriend (Eva) he'd been seeing only a few weeks.

So how's this as another alternative, now that Eva has found out. Gideon immediately reverts to his pattern of refusing to confide in Eva, telling her it would be too dangerous for her to know. She gets mad "that won't cut it, Ace" and she pulls a runner. Gideon, remembering everything Eva said when they took their car ride together the day before, realizes he has no choice but honesty now. If he opens his mouth, he could lose Eva because she couldn't live with what he did. But if he refuses to open up, he WILL lose her anyway. His secret keeping IS the dealbreaker that will guarantee Eva won't ever stay him. So he goes running to her an hour later, but in secret -- to continue to try to protect her from the cops, something that's now more important than ever.

Gosh the anticipation is driving me nuts;;;I think she was tailed leabing the gym,,,I think he's going to start to confide in her, it's the only way they'll go forward together, like she said at the very end of RIY...

waiting on snapshot 12, this is clearly the middle of the book, SD said something like 23 chapters...

There is one more possibility -- if Eva hadn't been tailed by the police to Gideon's doorstep ....

..... Gideon himself might have clammed up and refused to even talk about what Detective Graves told Eva. Because it would be dangerous for Eva to know -- dangerous because if Eva knew the truth for certain and kept her mouth shut, at the very least the cops could try to charge Eva with obstruction of justice. If she did even more than keep her mouth shut -- if she helped Gideon continue to cover up his crime, Eva could possibly even be charged with accessory after the fact.

All those cruel things Gideon did to Eva? They were for her own legal protection. As long as she stayed in the dark -- and the cops could obviously see she was in the dark -- she was safe from being accused of having had something to do with Nathan's killing. Knowing the truth -- before or afterward -- puts her in legal danger. THIS is the trap I think Detective Graves laid -- put Eva into legal danger, betting that Gideon would plea bargain rather than risk Eva going to prison.

I think Gideon's original plan was that the cops would cross him off the list of suspects. Then once enough safe time had passed, he would go back to Eva. He never, ever planned on telling her the truth. He was betting on the fact she loved him enough that she would get back together with him. Instead, everything has gone wrong -- he's the chief suspect and he's forced to continue to live the lie he chose his suddenly-available former fiancee over a girlfriend (Eva) he'd been seeing only a few weeks.

So how's this as another alternative, now that Eva has found out. Gideon immediately reverts to his pattern of refusing to confide in Eva, telling her it would be too dangerous for her to know. She gets mad "that won't cut it, Ace" and she pulls a runner. Gideon, remembering everything Eva said when they took their car ride together the day before, realizes he has no choice but honesty now. If he opens his mouth, he could lose Eva because she couldn't live with what he did. But if he refuses to open up, he WILL lose her anyway. His secret keeping IS the dealbreaker that will guarantee Eva won't ever stay him. So he goes running to her an hour later, but in secret -- to continue to try to protect her from the cops, something that's now more important than ever.

Based on the NYE snippet I can't think that this is the reason.

Gideon says in the snippet that he followed her because HE had to know if she would still want him after what he did so he couldnt wait a moment longer. I don't think refusing to talk to her was even an option to him he just had to do it in a safer place...

Sscrph

I agree. Gideon must still have had Eva followed by his security team. Thus realising Eva was being followed, told Gideon and he sent her away, knowing his apartment was not the place to have a heart to heart. His heart must have been breaking, knowing that he still had to wait to find out if she still loved and wanted him.

Gideon says in the snippet that he followed her because HE had to know if she would still want him after what he did so he couldnt wait a moment longer. I don't think refusing to talk to her was even an option to him he just had to do it in a safer place...

She already knew, when she showed up on his doorstep, what he'd done. Detective Graves had told her. 

Something made Eva run almost immediately. My main theory still is that the cops tailed her and Gideon was immediately alerted. But one alternate theory I have, if the cops weren't hot on Eva's heels, is that Gideon's first reaction was to refuse to discuss any of the ugly details. Either he ordered her to leave for her own good (well, what Gideon thought was her own good.) Or she decided to leave because yet again he was refusing to trust her enough to open up to her.

The main reasons he had kept her in the dark those awful weeks, even though it meant breaking her heart, were two-fold:

• To make sure the cops couldn't implicate her in the case
  • Fear that she'd leave him forever if she knew what he'd done

So maybe, when Gideon thought about it soon after Eva left (or was sent away) he realized keeping his mouth shut no longer was an option, because:

• The cops had dragged her into the case themselves
  • Eva, upon finding out he killed Nathan, went to him anyway instead of deciding to make their recent break-up a forever permanent end to the two of them
  • But now the only way he'll be able to keep Eva in his life is to finally risk being honest with her -- honest about Nathan, honest about his own dark secrets. He's got to trust her, because without trust, they'll never work out permanently.

So under this scenario -- which is only one alternate scenario I have -- he decided to risk everything. Go see her even though being anywhere near her was dangerous. Tell her absolutely everything, no matter how awful, and let her decide whether or not she could live with it -- live with him being in her life anymore.

My gratitude for his gift whispered over his skin: Thankyou...Thankyou...Thankyou. He caught me to him, his arms banded tight around me. His faced pressed into my throat. Where do we go from here?

I held him. "Wherever this takes us. Together."

Oh, yes she still wants him.

My gratitude for his gift whispered over his skin: Thankyou...Thankyou...Thankyou. He caught me to him, his arms banded tight around me. His faced pressed into my throat. Where do we go from here?

I held him. "Wherever this takes us. Together."

Oh, yes she still wants him.

Of course she does. And we see from the Entwined excerpt she's glad Nathan is dead. She loves Gideon more than ever.

But Gideon, as that scene in her bedroom opens, I think is still terrified that Eva will end up leaving for good. The thing that terrifies Gideon more than anything else, Sylvia has explained, is Eva pulling away from him.

He's scared she'll never be able to live with what he did -- and so she'll end up pulling another one of her runners, this time running away from him forever. He's got to know -- is it over now. This is where he's going to start learning how to really trust: trust that Eva will stay with him even knowing now what he did. If he can be honest, she'll quit running.

Sscrph

I agree. Gideon must still have had Eva followed by his security team. Thus realising Eva was being followed, told Gideon and he sent her away, knowing his apartment was not the place to have a heart to heart. His heart must have been breaking, knowing that he still had to wait to find out if she still loved and wanted him.

Yes Julie, but he did not send her away immediately. He said "where do we go from here?" I think it was after this that Gideon was alerted that Eva was followed. Now we go to first chapter of Entwined where Eva is riding in a car back to her place mulling over what had just transpired. She gets home, showers, and comes out of the shower to find her love waiting in her bedroom...

Yes Julie, but he did not send her away immediately. He said "where do we go from here?" I think it was after this that Gideon was alerted that Eva was followed. Now we go to first chapter of Entwined where Eva is riding in a car back to her place mulling over what had just transpired. She gets home, showers, and comes out of the shower to find her love waiting in her bedroom...

When did Gideon know that Eva was at his apartment? I don't think his security team told him before he got in the lift. Because it states as he got out of the lift, he stopped abruptly, surprised to see Eva? If he had known in advance she was there, he wouldn't have been surprised. I reckon she was back in apartment, before you could say, Gideon loves blondes not brunettes!!!

When did Gideon know that Eva was at his apartment? I don't think his security team told him before he got in the lift. Because it states as he got out of the lift, he stopped abruptly, surprised to see Eva? If he had known in advance she was there, he wouldn't have been surprised. I reckon she was back in apartment, before you could say, Gideon loves blondes not brunettes!!!

I suspect he was working out and had not looked at his phone. I think he received the call some moments after they were together in the foyer. Also I think Clancy may have waited on Eva since she was not sure how she would be received by Gideon or she could have taken a taxi as you suggested but definitely not Angus.

Good question Julie. I am under the impression that Gideon is keeping a "watchful eye" on Eva by having Angus tail her. He did "stop abruptly" when he saw her sitting there, so he does seem surprised, but he shouldn't have been if Angus was tailing her.

I suspect he was working out and had not looked at his phone. I think he received the call some moments after they were together in the foyer. Also I think Clancy may have waited on Eva since she was not sure how she would be received by Gideon or she could have taken a taxi as you suggested but definitely not Angus.

I also think he got a phone call while they were in the hallway which is probably why Eva leaves. He had time to check his phone once he leaves the gym, unless of course he got an important business call and wasn't able to check other messages.

I also think he got a phone call while they were in the hallway which is probably why Eva leaves. He had time to check his phone once he leaves the gym, unless of course he got an important business call and wasn't able to check other messages.

I'm sure that Gideon is still having Eva tailed for safety sake. The police are going to be a thorn now! Then coming up will be Brett!

I'm sure that Gideon is still having Eva tailed for safety sake. The police are going to be a thorn now! Then coming up will be Brett!

I want to believe that Brett is a non-issue. After everything Gideon has done for Eva, how can we even consider Brett a threat to their love?

I want to believe that Brett is a non-issue. After everything Gideon has done for Eva, how can we even consider Brett a threat to their love?

I think that Eva and Gideon are tight, but I think Brett is going to try and lure her away from Gideon. After all, he had been holding a torch, hoping she would turn up at one of his concerts.

I think that Eva and Gideon are tight, but I think Brett is going to try and lure her away from Gideon. After all, he had been holding a torch, hoping she would turn up at one of his concerts.

I agree that he will want to try, but is Eva really going for any of that? I was screaming at my kindle when she was kissing him in RIY, I can't even entertain her thinking about having anything with Brett.