The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Friday! Twice-weekly snapshot will come this morning (likely around 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time based on when all the other ones thus far have hit the Internet.)

Today will be a glimpse into Chapter 12. Recap of the snapshots of chapters 1-11:

1. The word "Press" over a fuzzy shot of a newspaper page, and a fancy pen in the foreground.

2. Unwrapped Christmas present boxes

3. The word "Business" next to a cup of coffee

4. A microphone on a stand

5. A pile of neatly-folded white terrycloth towels, wrapped in a red ribbon.

6. A bathtub in a modern-style bathroom

7. An open bottle of red wine, nearly full, and in front of it, one wine glass holding some wine. Near it is a small vase holding four red roses.

8. Two different types of pills in blister packs plus a bottle of some sort of liquid medication. The meds are on a glass coffee table in front of a white couch.

9. Fuzzy shot of a crowded dance floor. One woman in the center of the shot is in semi-focus.

10. A diamond and gold women's watch.

11. An Aston Martin sports car

Here's the link for the page where the snapshots (and snippets) are posted:

http://www.sylviaday.com/category/snippet/

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GiGi,

It's definitely a possibility Sylvia is crafty like that:)

Hi everyone,
Something else just occurred to me, we are all basing our speculations on snippets. Is our Gideon as insecure as he appears to be or are we all being sent on a wild goose chase? All we have to go on are the final words that Gideon and Eva spoke to one another at the end of RIY and those words seemed very positive to me. It didn't seem like one or the other was going to leave their love.

He caught me to him, his arms banded tight around me. His face pressed into my throat. "Where do we go from here."

I held him. "Wherever this takes us. Together."

Those words seem really positive to me. I also think that there is a lot of hope for these two. Could it be that there won't be as much drama in the next book? What does everyone think?

I think that Monica and Eva are from California. Monica met Victor in San Diego.

I think so too. For one thing, this would have made it easier for Victor to be able to have visits with Eva when she was younger. We know he made an effort to be in her life, and that would have been easier when she was little if they lived in the same state.

It might make further sense that Eva decided to get her own place in San Diego when she was approximately age 20. It was somewhere around this time that Monica would have married Stanton. Wherever Monica had been living prior to getting married for the third time, she obviously moved to New York City once she did marry Stanton. So Eva didn't follow at that time -- she decided to stay in California.

It is clear that when Bared opens, Eva had just moved to New York City, specifically to start her new career in advertising, and that she never lived in New York before.

I do wonder how Victor's visitation with Eva was arranged back when she was so young. It's made clear Victor and Monica had little if any face-to-face contact. Perhaps Eva's paternal grandmother (Victor's mother) was the go-between. Her name also had been Eva -- Monica kindly compromised when she refused to give the baby Victor's last name, Reyes, and instead insisted on the last name Trammel, which was Monica's last name (her maiden name). She did give the baby her Grandmother Reyes' first name.

Snapshot #12 just went up. Here's the link: http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/04/26/entwined-snapshot-12/

It's an elevator lobby. The doors are brushed steel and the foyer walls/floor are golden-veined marble. This has to be the Crossfire. The overall decor theme of marble and brushed steel is on page 4 of Bared to You.

Ah hah -- makes sense we have been re-reading the early chapters of Bared this week.

The first description we have of the Crossfire, from page 4 of Bared to You

The Crossfire was seriously impressive, a sleek spire of gleaming sapphire that pieced the clouds. I knew from my previous interviews that the interior on the other side of the ornate copper-framed revolving doors was just as awe-inspiring, with golden-veined marble floors and walls and brushed-aluminum security desk and turnstiles.

The walls and floor in this snapshot are that kind of marble, and the elevator doors are brushed-aluminum (which would keep in the overall theme of using that sort of metal in the interior.

Gideon and his elevators!!!! Carries around that master key to make it easier to corner Eva!

The first description we have of the Crossfire, from page 4 of Bared to You 

The Crossfire was seriously impressive, a sleek spire of gleaming sapphire that pieced the clouds. I knew from my previous interviews that the interior on the other side of the ornate copper-framed revolving doors was just as awe-inspiring, with golden-veined marble floors and walls and brushed-aluminum security desk and turnstiles.

The walls and floor in this snapshot are that kind of marble, and the elevator doors are brushed-aluminum (which would keep in the overall theme of using that sort of metal in the interior. Gideon and his elevators!!!! Carries around that master key to make it easier to corner Eva!

Ok got it..! This is the crossfire building..!

Now, my first thought, connecting this with the previous chapter in which there was a sports car, is thinking there has been some sort of dramatic shift forward in the murder case -- in the attempt to dismantle Gideon's cover story he had no motive.

What happened when Gideon first broke his total "radio silence" with Eva (that week-plus of absolutely no contact whatsoever in any way)? He approached her on a crowded elevator in the lobby of the Crossfire, boarding that elevator in front of witnesses (and in view of the lobby-level security camera system). That same week, the cops seized copies of office security footage from Stanton, so it's a safe bet they've been pulling video from Gideon too.

What happened the next day? Gideon and Eva ended up taking a ride alone together in one of his cars. While they were parked and Eva was sitting in his lap to hold/comfort him, a street cop broke it up - threatening to cite them for indecency unless they moved right away. It's possible the cop ran the plate on the car.

Two big risks Gideon took in as many days. And by the next evening (when Reflected crosses over into the open of Entwined), what's happened? Detective Graves has spoken to Eva (probably to set her and Gideon up). Eva ran right to Gideon. Then she left almost right away. Fast forward to the excerpt of Entwined, one hour later, Gideon disguised himself to sneak into her bedroom to see her -- it was "dangerous" for him to do so.

My guess -- here in Chapters 11 and 12, about halfway into the novel, is the outcome of the trap Graves laid in her (Graves') attempt to bust Gideon's cover of having dumped Eva, just like Graves busted a hole in Gideon's alibi.

My hope is that finally, in Chapter 12, the murder case will go away -- will go away because of a theory I have: Detective Graves messed for just one instant, but very badly, when she laid the trap for Eva and Gideon.

• When Graves approached Eva, Eva immediately made crystal clear she didn't want to talk to her without a lawyer. Eva expressly invoked her constitutional right to have an attorney present for any questioning.
  • Graves immediately made crystal clear she (Graves) wasn't there to question Eva. Graves said she (Graves) would do all the talking. Simply talking to Eva doesn't violate the right-to-an-attorney. Cops sometimes do this, walk that line, when they're pushing hard -- talk at someone (suspect, witness), often to rattle the person because he/she is refusing to be questioned.
  • Graves screwed up badly because she stepped over the line when she got Eva to confirm that the cell phone call Graves saw absolutely devastate Gideon on Saturday morning was Eva breaking up with Gideon. She asked Eva a question. Violated Eva's right to a lawyer. That poisons the evidence she got (that answer about the break-up) as well as other evidence that answer leads to.

It could be that the DA's office is forced to give up any plans to prosecute Gideon because of a police mistake irrevocably poisoned a crucial part of the case: evidence Gideon did have motive to kill Nathan.

There are a couple of theories I have about why the murder case could finally go away almost immediately (in under two weeks from when Reflected ended). My main theory is that Graves screwed up badly enough that they'll have an almost insurmountable task to get a conviction. So the DA is going to decide against charging Gideon, period, because proving motive is going to be too hard.

Hi Kirsten,

I was wondering do you think that Eva still holds a torch for Brett or do you think that given the circumstances Eva decided to punish Gideon for how he had been acting towards her.  When I went back and read the scene over again, it was Brett who grabbed Eva.  Brett closed in on Eva's space and Eva had nowhere to go or no way to retreat.  If I am not mistaken it was Brett who initiated the kiss as well. 

It seemed like Eva was going to get kissed whether she wanted to or not.  Could it be that for one split second, Eva fell back into that submissive role with Brett.  He took what he wanted without taking Eva's feelings into consideration (just like he used to treat her like crap when she slept with him wherever and whenever he could and then went and bragged about it to his friends). 

Eva never mentioned Brett and she found out about him and his band she did everything within her power to avoid him.  The memory of Brett and how she acted while she was with him, brought back memories of shame and regret.  Eva didn't really mention a physical attraction until he forced his kiss on her and she finally responded.  Is that really attraction or is that just a fond memory being relived?  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

I agree that she fell back into an old pattern Gigi. I think I wanted her to try and push away from him, although it all happened so quickly that I'm honestly not sure that she had time.

My issue with Brett being back is exactly what you mentioned. It's something from her past that she's not proud of, and I felt like when she went to lunch with him, she realized that he was not something she wanted to "re-do" so to speak. So I realize the value of bringing him back in EWY I just can't entertain Eva even thinking about having anything with him, as Cary has suggested in one of the snippets. Eva loves Gideon, he's it for her.

Hi everyone,

Just when I thought I was going to get a reprieve here, I lost yet another one of my postings.  So here I go again (one day I will learn to copy and paste my responses just in case I lost yet another posting).   If Gideon did in fact kill Nathan for Eva (to be confirmed June 4th), then what difference would it make to Eva to have all of the information about what happened to Nathan? 

Eva would have known that on some level, Gideon loved or still may love her. 

1. Gideon never killed for Corinne or anyone else (we the reader know of or have speculated about).
  2. Gideon never slept with Corinne anywhere else but at the hotel.  Gideon slept with Eva in many different locations and both initiated s** equally.
  3. Whatever Gideon may have been saying to Eva, his actions spoke volumes.  He eliminated Eva’s greatest physical threat.

Would those actions not have been enough to allay Eva’s insecurities?  Would Eva need to know everything all at once or could she look at the situation and say to herself that she will eventually get all of the pertinent facts from Gideon one day? 

GiGi I can't tell you how many times I lose a post on Goodreads and I always say I'll cut and paste, but am to impatient to do it. :)

I would think they would be enough, but Gideon has told Eva countless times that he will never give her up, and that there will never be an "end" to them but that hasn't alleviated her fears. At one point I am sure he also tells her he'd kill for her, but he won't give her up... should have realized that was foreshawdowing when I read it the first time around.

Hi everyone,

Something else just occurred to me, we are all basing our speculations on snippets. Is our Gideon as insecure as he appears to be or are we all being sent on a wild goose chase? All we have to go on are the final words that Gideon and Eva spoke to one another at the end of RIY and those words seemed very positive to me. It didn't seem like one or the other was going to leave their love.

He caught me to him, his arms banded tight around me. His face pressed into my throat. "Where do we go from here."

I held him. "Wherever this takes us. Together."

Those words seem really positive to me. I also think that there is a lot of hope for these two. Could it be that there won't be as much drama in the next book? What does everyone think?

I'm hoping it's light on drama between Gideon and Eva but heavy on drama with Gideon and Eva taking on the world TOGETHER.

Eva never could have loved Brett anyway back in the day. She was still too much of a hot mess to have been able to love any guy.

Her thing with Brett back then was pure sex-driven desperation, one of the serious symptoms of how the damage Nathan did was messing up her life. She was looking for love in the wrong place -- strictly through sex -- and she was so desperate in her attempts she'd even degrade herself.

But right around the time this was going on, she'd also started therapy with Dr. Travis. I see Eva walking away from Brett back then as one of the first major steps on her road back to sanity. She figured out she was degrading herself -- and more importantly, she decided she deserved better than that. She grew some self respect.