The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Hi Kirsten,

thank you. that explains a lot. : ( hopefully they will be working again soon.

Hi ladies the emo's are in the top of the Reply to this topic box when you go to write a reply. Unfortunately they have not been loading properly the past few weeks so if you just use a : and ) you can get the :) emo to come up or : and ( will get you the :( of course, but I can't get the other ones up.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lots of good questions were asked but I wish I could've remembered some that were talked about on here. next time I have the meet and greet I'm bring a notepad with questions! lol Sylvia said you will see in some of her books there will be characters popping up from her other books. Ex: someone on here said they said Gideon being mentioned in another book. I can't remember at the moment what book that was something with blood for flowers in the title. They only appear in a small paragraph. even something like a building described in one of her books can be mentioned in another book. : )

I'm on a high from you meeting her too Caroline. :) We all really appreciate all the news you brought to us.

I think we as a group have a lot to be happy about --Corinne will be gone and Victor's coming back! I can't wait to get more insights into Monica's life even though I still detest her!! Thanks again Caroline for all the spoilers; the regulars on this forum are all smiles I'm sure-you made our weekend!!!

I totally agree!

Hi Everyone,

In an effort to keep up with my homework assignment here are a few favorite quotes that I really liked from a few of the chapters. 

Chapter 5: 

1. Page 70 Eva states “I’m not looking for happily-ever-after, Cary, especially not with a mega-mogul like Cross.  I’ve seen what it’s like to my mom being connected to powerful men.  It’s a full-time job with a part-time companion.  Money keeps Mom happy, but it wouldn’t be enough for me.†

In that passage the reader gets the opportunity to understand Eva better.  Eva knows herself and knows what it is like to grow up in a privilege (with wealth and connections) and yet isn’t willing to sacrifice her personal sense of self (emotional health and such) for a comfortable lifestyle.  What does everyone think?

Chapter 6:

1. My chest hurt and I rubbed at it (page 81).  I thought my dad might still love my mom.  He’d never married.  That was one of the reason I never told him about what happened to me.  As a cop, he would’ve insisted on pressing charges and the scandal would have destroyed my mother.  I also worried that he’d lose respect for her or even blame her, and it hadn’t been her fault.    As soon as she’d found out what her stepson was doing to me, she’d left a husband she was happy with and filed for divorce.

That passage peaked my interest for many reasons.  One hand the reader is left questioning what happened to Eva’s attacker. Why wasn’t this man brought to justice?  How this case was dealt with and did Eva ever really get justice?  As a reader I suspect that Eva never got justice for herself and no one got justice for her.  Sylvia’s words, or lack-there-of, lead me to think along those lines.

That paragraph also gave me insight into Eva’s state of mind when she remembered those events.  From a reader’s perspective, it seems like Eva feels guilty about having being raped and about how her rape affected her mother (her mother left a marriage that she was perfectly happy with).  Prior to that, Eva never mentioned how she felt about how being raped made her feel or how it affected her emotionally, physically or even if she correlated her past bad behaviour with the effects of having been raped (very eye opening). 

Eva also related the events of the rape to everyone else.  She worried about how her dad would react and how he would react towards Eva’s mother Monica.  For whatever reason Eva felt badly about the fact that her mother and father never married.  She worried that if her father found out about Eva’s rape that Victor would have lost respect for Monica.  Eva was busy playing mother to Monica and not the other way around.  Eva was also worried about how her father would react toward her mother which wasn’t her place to do so.  She was a child and didn’t deserve to bear those responsibilities.  Eva wasn’t and isn’t supposed to clean up her mother’s mistakes, yet it seems that through her silence, she is doing just that.  It also seems that Eva is allowing her father to maintain the illusion that Monica is this perfect siren of a woman who can do no wrong. 

It also wasn’t Eva’s responsibility if her father found happiness or not.  It seems like Eva put herself on the hook for these things. I am sorry if I am not explaining this properly.  Feel free to jump on in here ladies.  I hope you get what I mean. 

Lastly Eva blames herself for her mother having left a marriage she was perfectly happy with.  At no point does Eva step and take a look at the situation in its entirety.  I suspect that Monica wouldn’t have had much choice in the matter.  If Monica had continued to stay with Mr. Barker then she most likely would have lost custody of her child.  If there was even the possibility of coming into contact with Nathan, then there is no way the CPS would have released Eva into Monica’s care.  The only prudent thing Monica could have done was to divorce Mr. Barker.

What I find most interesting is why Eva didn’t take herself into consideration or question her mother about why she was so completely clueless about what going on during those years?   Has Eva really forgiven her mother or has she just become accustom to placating her mother?  Eva constantly takes everyone else’s feelings into consideration before she takes her own into account (often to her detriment).    What does everyone think?

Chapter 7:

1. “You’re beautiful, Gideon.† The words fell out of my mouth without conscious thought. (Page 112).

This was a simple verse coming from a woman who had let her guard down for a split second.  Eva let the walls down and exposed a very vulnerable side of her to Gideon and it was a very beautiful thing to see.  Eva is in love and she just doesn’t know it yet or doesn’t want t admit it to herself.   In the next instant, Eva’s walls went right back up and her vulnerability was walled off.  It was a good example of; the “come closer yet stay away from me†type of relationship that Gideon and Eva are having.  What does everyone think? 

Hi everyone,

I am sorry I can’t remember who posted that they wished Sylvia would come to Orlando, but I noticed something on her website:

Book Signing and Appearance

APPEARANCE & BOOKSIGNING
June 29, 2013

•  

• Book Bash
      Hilton Doubletree
      60 South Ivanhoe Boulevard
      Orlando, FL 32804

Come join us for a fun-filled day with over 40 of our favorite authors! Have your favorite books signed during our 4-hour book signing, participate in an author Q&A panel, and then let’s go on some author tours Saturday night at Universal City Walk! www.bookbash.net

Hi everyone,

I too, think that Megumi’s lack of mentioning her boyfriend by name may not be such a big deal.  Thus far Megumi and Eva are still in the very early stages of their friendship and as such I don’t know whether she would go into great detail about what was going on in her personal life.  There may also not have been enough time.  Most things that they said to one another were in passing; going to lunch or coming back from lunch.  I think the amount of information that Megumi gave Eva was probably just the right amount given those circumstances.  If Megumi continues to see the “mystery†man and still doesn’t reveal any information to Eva, then I might find that a little suspect. 

What I did however find a little suspect, was that Megumi was meeting the “mystery†man’s parents after such a short time.  I would think that most people would continue to go out, then date exclusively before considering having one partner meet the other’s parents.  What does everyone think?

hi Gigi~ In a way I got to be in a small discussion group when I went to the meet & greet with Sylvia last night in Somerset with a great bunch of ladies and men! it was supposed to be an hour but turned into three hours! Not many authors would take the opportunity to spend more time with their fans after their allotted time schedule ended and that's why Sylvia ROCKS!! I had a blast last night. She said book signings are rough because they rush you and you only get 2 min with to talk to a fan. I was expecting that yesterday but I was able to talk to her earlier when I got my book signed.  I heard she is doing the Jacob Javits Center but I can't go to that or the one in Paramus so I'm glad I went last night.  our meet and greet group was a group of about 16 women and two men one of which was my husband who never read the books but fit right in! lol I wish I had taken some notes because I did bring a notepad and wish I brought a recorder but I was just in awe to be in the same room with Sylvia much less sitting a smaller room and in a circle!

Here are some things we touched upon last night. If anyone was in the group with me last night please feel free to add in any missing info I might have missed and I apologize in advance if any of this is repeated from past forum conversations.

• Sylvia says she hates when people think or make out cops to be stupid because they're not. She said Det. Graves is almost on the mark.She knows how to read people
  • Since Corrine was Gideon's first consensual sexual relationship, he felt obligated to her to take the phone calls and remain friends but Eva is his first and foremost concern in his life and if anyone is treating Eva miserably such as Corrine did, he will not be keeping her (Corrine) in his life.
  • Magdalene & Corrine ~. Gideon and Magdalene grew up together and were friends because their mothers were friends and what was interesting is that

Syvia said Corrine's parents were friendly with Gideon's parents back then. again if I misinterpreted that please correct me. I'm trying to be as accurate as possible.

• Christopher Jr. ~ When Eva went out to lunch with Christopher toward the end of Reflected and didn't go off on him like she did with Dr. Lucas, Elizabeth and Corrine, partly because he was 5 when Gideon was raped. She also said the storyline went downhill on that part. I'm trying to remember how she was describing it. anyway she also said that Christopher Jr. was not going to have a big part in EWY but he will be come up more in book 4 which is she halfway through writing
  • We will learn more about Monica in EWY. It was brought up how Monica was nonchalant around Eva after the breakup and not trying to fix her up with someone else or being more supportive during the breakup. Monica was 2 dimensional.
  • The series will be a quintent. BTY was supposed to be about Eva and RIY was supposed to be Gideon's but halfway through writing RIY both she and her editors said it was more about Eva then Gideon and that's why she is doing more books which I'm glad because of the time frame and getting his story. I only wish there was a Gideon POV book! 
  • It was also established that Gideon told Monica and Stanton that he was taking Eva away for the weekend because he knew Monica would worry endlessly about Eva knowing Nathan was still out there. The phone call Gideon took at the hospital was his contact on how was behind the attack. 
  • Victor is coming back which I'm happy about because I love him. He loves Eva so much and since he is prejudice against rich people, he wouldn't let his prejudice stand in the way of Eva's happiness if he knew how much Gideon loves and wants to protect Eva.
  • someone brought up the subject of Cary being spun off into another book and she said Eva wouldn't be able to move on with her HEA if Cary was not in a good place nor would doing a prequel of Cary and Eva in San Diego and how their lives were back then pre -Gideon because the fans wouldn't like it without Gideon being in the story which I agree!

Again if anyone wants to correct me or add more info, please feel free to because I'm sure I missed a few more pieces of information. I'm going back to read chapters 4& 5 now 6 since I wasn't able to yesterday.  

Hi Caroline 628,

It must have been very thrilling to have the opportunity to meet and spend some time with Sylvia.  It must have been so exciting to sit in a room with a beloved author who was willing to take time out of her busy schedule and answers her fan’s questions.  I also just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to post all of this information for us.  I greatly appreciate it as I am sure that many others are as well.

After thinking about your notes I had a few thoughts of my own, (as I am sure that many others had as well):

• I wonder if people think that cops are stupid or just can’t stand cops and detectives because they can be pathological liars (I am using Detective Graves as my example before everyone gets the knickers in a knot).  I said it from the beginning as I am sure that many others thought the same thing.  I don’t think that Detective Graves has one altruistic bone in her body.  I always felt that she was being less than honest (if not lying outright).  I personally think that she will do whatever is necessary to try and nail Gideon and if lying to Eva accomplishes that goal then….oh well.

• As far as the Corinne thing is concerned, I wonder how Gideon will extricate her from his life.  Many in the forum have speculated that Gideon will be just as ruthless in his dismissal of Corinne as Corinne was in her cruelty towards Eva.  I however believe that Gideon may have a heart and not completely destroy the woman.  I am hoping that Gideon may have taken some time to reflect on his actions and the part that he played when he helped to create this dysfunctional situation.  Others thirst for blood I know; I just don’t think that the situation warrants that drastic an action.  I don’t see that what Corinne did rises to that level (nasty yes but not completely evil).  Only Sylvia knows and maybe on June 4th we the readers will get some answers (or some blood). 

• I mentioned before and others have been playing match-maker, I hope that Magdalene gets together with Arnoldo and Corinne gets together with Brett.  It may seem odd, but given all the personalities, they seem to fit. 

• In a way, I am glad that Christopher Jr. will not be in the next book.  He is a creepy little fellow and as such I wouldn’t want to give him the time of day, but on the other hand I do hope that we the readers will find out what his back story is. I understand that jealousy issues Christopher Jr. has towards his brother, but I get the feeling that something more is going on.  Again, time will tell…

• As for Monica, I am so glad that we will get to find out what the deal is with her.  Thus far, this woman stinks as a mother!  I think that many in the forum would agree.  I also think that maybe people want to know why she is such a crappy mother.  Your description (or Sylvia’s) of Monica being two dimensional is right on the money!! 

• If Monica and Stanton knew that Gideon was taking Eva away for the weekend then my question would be just how much did each of these individuals discuss what was going on with Eva and her safety?  Were they all in collusion with one another?  Why did they never once think to keep Eva in the loop as to what was going on? 

• Caroline and Everyone, it was my understanding that Eva had absolutely no idea that Nathan was in town and most definitely was not aware that Nathan was attempting to blackmail Gideon, Monica and Stanton.  Eva was also not aware that Nathan had photos and videotapes of him raping Eva. 

• I am glad that Victor is coming back.  Personally I don’t like the idea of Victor getting together with Detective Graves.  That idea just makes me want to vomit.  I hope that Victor does put down his torch for Monica and that he lays down the law in what she did and how she handled/mishandled this entire Nathan thing was wrong…oh so wrong!!

• I also hope that Cary gets a happily ever after, I just don’t know how he would accomplish a goal like that in such a short period of time.  Thus far, we the readers have been fed information about our beloved Gideon and Eva in two to three week increments.  That this rate we will wind up old women before all the characters wind up with a happily ever after.  So it will be interesting to see how Sylvia tackles the timeline issue.

I just wanted to thank you as well for taking time out of your busy schedule to go to the meet and greet.  You have given people some much needed insight.  You also may have tortured a few of the forum members who wish that they could have been at the meet and greet, there right with you. Thanks again.   :)

Hi ladies the emo's are in the top of the Reply to this topic box when you go to write a reply. Unfortunately they have not been loading properly the past few weeks so if you just use a : and ) you can get the :) emo to come up or : and ( will get you the :( of course, but I can't get the other ones up.

hi Kirsten

Thanks for the reply.

Morning ladies.

My heart goes out to Gideon. Not only as he got his own baggage and work schedule to contend with, but he has taken Eva's well being on board too.

After he saw her nightmare, I can quite understand his motives for not telling Eva that Nathan was on the scene, and that he could protect her with a security team. His heart was in the right place, but Eva should have been told. She is an adult. I wonder what would have happened if she had come face to face with Nathan? Any thoughts?

Yes this is why I think if Gideon and Eva do marry or at least get engaged in Entwined as the luggage tags suggest it will be at the end of the book; so at least we will have two more books where we can read about their HEA. I think that's something positive to keep us going till then...

Yes this is why I think if Gideon and Eva do marry or at least get engaged in Entwined as the luggage tags suggest it will be at the end of the book; so at least we will have two more books where we can read about their HEA. I think that's something positive to keep us going till then...

Engaged, definitely. Possibly eloping. When Gideon gave her the promise ring in Bared, he really wanted to give her an engagement ring -- but was smart enough to know she wasn't ready for that.

I don't think they will spend too much time engaged both Gideon and Eva both want EVERYONE to know that they belong to each other.

Besides, I can't see some big church wedding for Eva (much to Monica's disappointment.) Because could you imagine the groom's side of the church?

Aside from Ireland, Gideon really wouldn't want the rest of the "groom's family" there -- and Elizabeth would likely want to boycott it anyway if it's Eva that Gideon is marrying. Gideon's friends? Arnoldo probably would be best man. The only others we could count on for Gideon's side of the church would be two employees very close to Gideon: Angus and Scott. Perhaps Magdalene, who had been Gideon's closest female friend, might show up out of wishing Gideon happiness. That'd be it for anyone we know of that would actually mean something to Gideon at his wedding. I'm sure he could fill his side of the church with people who care about him for his riches -- but not for him as a person.

I can see a quiet wedding, but could you see Monica accepting it. She would want the works. Could be interesting.

And Eva, even though she could do without the works, would at least want her Dad giving her away. And probably would want the person she considers her brother, Cary, to be part of the wedding too.

Ireland as a bridesmaid

I would love to see it on the beach in North Carolina with Gideon in a white linen suit and Eva in a flowing gauze number with Victor Cary both giving her away ... Ireland as a bridesmaid and perhaps even Mark, Steven , and Shauna in attendance ...What do you all think? Let's all put down our ideas of what their wedding would be like!!!

Ireland as a bridesmaid

Trade-off: Ireland as maid of honor in return for Cary as best man. Both are siblings to the couple: Ireland literally and Cary emotionally.

And if I could take a quick minute for a sweet little personal story about my being a member of a wedding party last year, in which my real-life Cary got married. This friend is my brother in all but blood, the only sibling in my life and one of the greatest friends I have ever had. He wanted me in the wedding -- a wedding that had two grooms (same-sex marriage). I described myself as a "groomsmaid."