The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

The internet went down in my house on Friday and as of right now it's not up.   I've been reading on my phone plus a crazy weekend.   Eating lunch at McDonalds and catching up (using there free Wifi).   Thank God for checking on my emails on the phone.   You guys are keeping my entertained.

Just one thing (defending of cops - brother is CO in NYC and dad retired Detective on Homicides) they are not all liars.  

Victor was seeing someone in San Diego and maybe he will move to NYC.   Will definitely see the different sides of Monica.

I don't think Megumi "boyfriend" will be anyone special.   

Gideon's is a "virgin" in serious relationships.   As Sylvia said, he comes from the right side but he's a ###### the way he did it.

I know there's other things but can't think of anything.

Will let me apply for more jobs - the unemployed here.

CAROLINE - just curious where in NJ do you live.   We can always meetup and discuss the book.

Agree with you, Donnad, that not all cops are liars. Real-life detectives I knew from my journalism days will once in a great while -- a great while -- would mislead suspects into believing they (the cops) knew more than they knew for certain at the time. It's an interrogation technique. But flat out lies? Not good cops.

The smartest cops I ever met were the homicide detectives -- smarter than even the big brass cops, such as the chiefs. Politics can help a cop rise through the management ranks, but detectives earn their positions one way and one way only -- clearing cases. Homicide detectives are the elite of the elite. Sylvia was 100% right during that book discussion Caroline got to attend - Detective Graves would be smart and able to read people. That's a real life homicide detective.

We've got the proverbial "good cop, bad cop" in Crossfire. Good cop, Victor Reyes. Bad cop, Detective Graves if she lied to Eva she'd decided to let Gideon go. Oh and Graves definitely violated Eva's right to a lawyer.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that that's how Gideon will get off,,,Graves violating Eva's right to a lawyer when they talked at the gym

That's my main theory about how this case could go away -- and go away for good -- in just a couple of weeks' time. When the police violate constitutional rights, any evidence gained is inadmissable. They cannot use it against someone. But even worse -- for the cops -- the illegal evidence can spread poison to later evidence. "Poison" is the actual word used in the legal world. The phrase "fruit of the poisoned tree" is what defense lawyers put in motions to dismiss evidence they claim was obtained illegally.

If my theory is true, Graves won't be able to use against Gideon the fact he never left Eva. What's more, Graves won't be able to use any of the fruits of the trap she laid with Eva as the bait. The bait is now legal poison.

If the DA loses the evidence, he/she loses key evidence proving Gideon had real motive to murder Nathan. This seriously weakens the whole case, maybe to the point where the DA will decide "we know he did it, but we'll never be able to prove it to a jury."

I would love to see it on the beach in North Carolina with Gideon in a white linen suit and Eva in a flowing gauze number with Victor Cary both giving her away ... Ireland as a bridesmaid and perhaps even Mark, Steven , and Shauna in attendance ...What do you all think? Let's all put down our ideas of what their wedding would be like!!!

I agree with this. A very small wedding with the people who actually care about them.

I think that Gideon is learning low to live on the job,,,that's the problem, he's never had to be invested like this before and he's Fking up as he goes along,,,but I imagine he's learning his leesons as he goes,,,I think its unintentional stupidity and naivete rather than being evil...

Yes totally agree with this...

I like your theory. It helps explain a lot!

Start to finish, Gideon handled the whole thing wrong -- even those of us who feel Nathan's killing was the only guaranteed way to protect Eva from an exceptionally dangerous and insane person who would have murdered her horribly.

I think Gideon took Corrine out Monday night -- and arranged for a photographer to get pictures and leak a blown-out-of-proportion story -- purely to buy some time. He knew his being with Eva was a serious trigger to Nathan. Gideon found out just that Monday morning how much of a trigger it was -- Nathan almost killed Cary just because Nathan thought there might be something going on between Eva and Cary. So pictures of Gideon + Corrine onto the gossip sites in under 24 hours would be the fastest way to buy a little time.

My own belief is Gideon made the decision Tuesday night, after the secret meeting with security people held in his apartment, to kill Nathan as soon as possible. Gideon scrambled to come up with a plan to make sure he had an alibi, as did Eva. He also scrambled to come up with an idea to shield himself from having an obvious motive (and thus indirectly shield Eva from having motive to have been involved in the plot.) That's probably when he decided something along these lines "OK, people already are assuming I'm back with Corrine, why not capitalize on that as my cover. I need an alibi for Thursday night -- the party will cover that. Why not go for a two-fer for extra protection. I need to have the press take a picture proving I was partying at a PR event Thursday night. If I take Corrine as my date, that can provide even stronger cover."

I'll bet he counted on the cops eliminating him as a suspect within days. Instead, his plan blew up in his face. And he paid dearly. I'm sure Graves was telling the truth when she said by the time that call Eva made to him on Saturday morning was over, Gideon looked like someone had just died.

Hi!

I really hope Victor moves to NYC to be closer to Eva!!

I'm in agreement with you regarding Megumi's boyfriend won't be someone special.  

regarding Gideon being a "virgin" in serious relationships. I never thought of it that way but it definitely explains when he f*** ups a lot.

I live in East Brunswick.  It would be great if we could meet up to discuss the book!! None of my friends are interested reading the book much less doing a book discussion about it...They don't know what they're missing lol!!  

The internet went down in my house on Friday and as of right now it's not up.   I've been reading on my phone plus a crazy weekend.   Eating lunch at McDonalds and catching up (using there free Wifi).   Thank God for checking on my emails on the phone.   You guys are keeping my entertained.

Just one thing (defending of cops - brother is CO in NYC and dad retired Detective on Homicides) they are not all liars.  

Victor was seeing someone in San Diego and maybe he will move to NYC.   Will definitely see the different sides of Monica.

I don't think Megumi "boyfriend" will be anyone special.   

Gideon's is a "virgin" in serious relationships.   As Sylvia said, he comes from the right side but he's a ###### the way he did it.

I know there's other things but can't think of anything.

Will let me apply for more jobs - the unemployed here.

CAROLINE - just curious where in NJ do you live.   We can always meetup and discuss the book.

Something to add to the above unfolding plan of Gideon's, at least as far as it applied to Eva -- and it is important to note Sylvia has said the weekend trip to North Carolina was NOT part of Gideon's plan to handle Eva. The plan all started unfolding after they got back to New York and Gideon found out about Nathan's attack on Cary.

Monday:

• In the morning, Gideon was as tender as ever to Eva on Monday at the hospital, stopping by before work. It was during that visit -- we now know thanks to Caroline -- he would have found out Nathan had done it. Monica had taken him aside for a serious talk -- now we know what she said to Gideon.
  • During the day: with Eva at the hospital by Cary's side around the clock, she was in a safe place, and so Gideon could turn to the pressing matter of further investigating Nathan.
  • Monday evening: Gideon blew off calling Eva that night. He was out with Corrine -- he probably didn't dare.

Tuesday:

• Gideon wasn't yet deliberately hurting Eva as part of his killing plan. I believe (again -- I think the decision to kill was made Tuesday night).
  • But Gideon, already under enormous pressure, spent the day serious p******* off at Eva. First, without telling anyone beforehand, she left the hospital to go to work. Gideon freaked when he found out she was walking to the Crossfire. He got mad and sent Angus to fetch her. 
  • Then midday, she defied his "order" to stay in for lunch -- she went out to lunch, with Brett Kline of all people!!!! The short but angry interaction Gideon had with Eva as soon as she got back was genuine anger on his part. Eva at her absolute most unmanageable -- and unwittingly in the worst danger of her life.
  • Tuesday night, he blew her off again while she was at the hospital. He had the all-important security meeting in his apartment. Unfortunately, Eva decided to call him at home, and she figured out he wasn't alone -- and assumed he had Corrine over.

The actual distancing itself, the really deliberate meanness (for lack of a better word) started during the day Wednesday. From that point onward, Gideon was careful about giving the appearance to everyone, including Eva herself, he was pulling away. When Gideon did come to see Eva in the middle of the night to comfort her by making love to her for hours, I'm guessing now he snuck into her apartment building, just like he apparently did when he goes to see her in Entwined.

So why go through with the family dinner on Friday, to meet Eva's Dad when Gideon ought to have cancelled that entirely? Sylvia explained in a spoiler question answer that Gideon feared Eva would never forgive him. In hindsight, he ought to have cancelled, because the situation turned out to be the first major mistake he made as far as the cops go. The homicide detectives showed up while Gideon was still there.

And I still don't understand why he took corrinne out Monday if he didn't decide to kill him until Tuesday??

He was setting the scene. To make it look like things were over between Eva and himself, and to make Nathan think that. To give Gideon some breathing space, to put his plans into action

And I still don't understand why he took corrinne out Monday if he didn't decide to kill him until Tuesday??

I've wondered he same .

But I wondered if on the Monday night going out with Corrine was to show Nathan that he had distant himself from Eva .

But maybe Nathan didn't believe him maybe Nathan turned up at the crossfire on Tuesday morning or got intouch with Stanton me Monica .

Then come Tuesday night then Gideon realised the only way to deal with Nathan was to take him out forever.

That's how I've reasoned Corrine and Gideon oing out publicly prior to killing Nathan

Something to add to the above unfolding plan of Gideon's, at least as far as it applied to Eva -- and it is important to note Sylvia has said the weekend trip to North Carolina was NOT part of Gideon's plan to handle Eva. The plan all started unfolding after they got back to New York and Gideon found out about Nathan's attack on Cary.

Monday:

• In the morning, Gideon was as tender as ever to Eva on Monday at the hospital, stopping by before work. It was during that visit -- we now know thanks to Caroline -- he would have found out Nathan had done it. Monica had taken him aside for a serious talk -- now we know what she said to Gideon.
  • During the day: with Eva at the hospital by Cary's side around the clock, she was in a safe place, and so Gideon could turn to the pressing matter of further investigating Nathan.
  • Monday evening: Gideon blew off calling Eva that night. He was out with Corrine -- he probably didn't dare.

Tuesday:

• Gideon wasn't yet deliberately hurting Eva as part of his killing plan. I believe (again -- I think the decision to kill was made Tuesday night).
  • But Gideon, already under enormous pressure, spent the day serious p******* off at Eva. First, without telling anyone beforehand, she left the hospital to go to work. Gideon freaked when he found out she was walking to the Crossfire. He got mad and sent Angus to fetch her. 
  • Then midday, she defied his "order" to stay in for lunch -- she went out to lunch, with Brett Kline of all people!!!! The short but angry interaction Gideon had with Eva as soon as she got back was genuine anger on his part. Eva at her absolute most unmanageable -- and unwittingly in the worst danger of her life.
  • Tuesday night, he blew her off again while she was at the hospital. He had the all-important security meeting in his apartment. Unfortunately, Eva decided to call him at home, and she figured out he wasn't alone -- and assumed he had Corrine over.

The actual distancing itself, the really deliberate meanness (for lack of a better word) started during the day Wednesday. From that point onward, Gideon was careful about giving the appearance to everyone, including Eva herself, he was pulling away. When Gideon did come to see Eva in the middle of the night to comfort her by making love to her for hours, I'm guessing now he snuck into her apartment building, just like he apparently did when he goes to see her in Entwined.

So why go through with the family dinner on Friday, to meet Eva's Dad when Gideon ought to have cancelled that entirely? Sylvia explained in a spoiler question answer that Gideon feared Eva would never forgive him. In hindsight, he ought to have cancelled, because the situation turned out to be the first major mistake he made as far as the cops go. The homicide detectives showed up while Gideon was still there.

it was unfortunate that the cops turned up. He might have gotten away with it. But he couldn't bow the evening off, because Eva wanted her dad to meet Gideon, her family meeting his family ie Ireland.

Lncronon, I'm alittle confused when you said he was out with corrinne monday night what did you mean when you said he proubly didn't care or dare?? What does that mean??

He probably didn't dare to call Eva, not when he was Corrine -- he needed to go through with the whole public act of them sitting together in a front table at his friend's restaurant, have a photographer shoot pictures. He couldn't leave -- and if Eva said on the phone she needed him, he wouldn't be able to.

I posted this earlier today, but it's easier to re-explain here. I think his taking Corrine out Monday was purely for Nathan's benefit. Not the cops. Nathan was so enraged at the thought of Eva with other men that he almost killed Cary just because he (Nathan) thought Eva was sleeping with Cary. What Gideon did Monday was to trick Nathan into thinking he (Gideon) and Eva weren't a couple anymore. Knowing Nathan was stalking Eva, Gideon was counting on Nathan finding the tabloid gossip online -- Gideon and Corrine, Back Together!!!!!" (or something to that effect.)

In other words, Monday was a pure attempt to defuse Nathan for a little bit in order to buy time.

The Thursday picture of Gideon with Corrine at the party -- that was for the benefit of the cops.

it was unfortunate that the cops turned up. He might have gotten away with it. But he couldn't bow the evening off, because Eva wanted her dad to meet Gideon, her family meeting his family ie Ireland.

Friday night being at Eva's apartment was a huge mistake -- and not just because it was a really bad idea for the homicide detectives seeing him having dinner with Eva's family.

The fact Gideon knew Nathan -- obviously knew Nathan was in New York too -- came out, because Gideon got asked about it right in front of Eva. Had that not happened, Gideon might have been able to keep secret from Eva he ever saw the pictures and video of Nathan raping her. Also, Gideon got asked about where he was Thursday -- and Eva could see he was hiding something. Which he was (where he'd been instead of couples therapy with her -- he was partying with Corrine.)

Bad enough that Gideon knew there was a risk Eva would see the party pictures (which were deliberately set up to go public as part of his alibi.) He never counted on her finding out Nathan had been to see him. But she did -- and her terrible insecurities made her believe the most horrible thing: the sight of her body disgusted Gideon now, and their sexual relationship was ruined forever.

What's worse, Eva was still so insecure she believed the only reason Gideon had stayed with her was because of the sex. So the whole relationship period was ruined forever. Last, but by no means least, Eva had been convinced Corrine always had some sort of sexual hold over Gideon -- and so that's why he started f******* Corrine again, now that he no longer wanted her (Eva).

Saturday morning, Gideon heard for himself Eva pour out all that agony when she dumped him. Things probably wouldn't have gotten that bad if Gideon had only cancelled going to Eva's family dinner on Friday. Sure, Eva would have been furious about the party photos -- look how mad she'd gotten over the photos of him  having dinner with Corrine. But her heart broken into a million pieces and all her sexual demons being let out from the darkest parts of her psyche? That wouldn't have happened if she never found out Nathan went to see Gideon. Thanks to the cops though, she found out (about Gideon knowing Nathan was in town that is -- she found out about the rape photos the next day when her mother, all freaked out Nathan was dead and homicide detectives were now questioning everyone, blurted out they existed.)

Friday night being at Eva's apartment was a huge mistake -- and not just because it was a really bad idea for the homicide detectives seeing him having dinner with Eva's family.

The fact Gideon knew Nathan -- obviously knew Nathan was in New York too -- came out, because Gideon got asked about it right in front of Eva. Had that not happened, Gideon might have been able to keep secret from Eva he ever saw the pictures and video of Nathan raping her. Also, Gideon got asked about where he was Thursday -- and Eva could see he was hiding something. Which he was (where he'd been instead of couples therapy with her -- he was partying with Corrine.)

Bad enough that Gideon knew there was a risk Eva would see the party pictures (which were deliberately set up to go public as part of his alibi.) He never counted on her finding out Nathan had been to see him. But she did -- and her terrible insecurities made her believe the most horrible thing: the sight of her body disgusted Gideon now, and their sexual relationship was ruined forever. What's worse, Eva was still so insecure she believed the only reason Gideon had stayed with her was because of the sex. So the whole relationship period was ruined forever. Last, but by no means least, Eva had been convinced Corrine always had some sort of sexual hold over Gideon -- and so that's why he started f******* Corrine again, now that he no longer wanted her (Eva).

Saturday morning, Gideon heard for himself Eva pour out all that agony when she dumped him. It might not have happened if he'd avoided keeping the family dinner plans on Friday night.

This poor man, he was in a no win situation. Even though he was at the dinner, the atmosphere was strained. Eva herself didn't think he would turn up. Poor Ireland. What must she had felt. Twice she noticed how her brother had acted, nervous in the lift, and tears in his eyes, when Eva and Victor were dancing. Oh Gideon.

This poor man, he was in a no win situation. Even though he was at the dinner, the atmosphere was strained. Eva herself didn't think he would turn up. Poor Ireland. What must she had felt. Twice she noticed how her brother had acted, nervous in the lift, and tears in his eyes, when Eva and Victor were dancing. Oh Gideon.

I can picture Gideon having a sleepless night on Friday.

Saturday morning, I picture him leaving the police station just like Eva left the advocacy center dinner -- struggling to make it to the privacy of the car, the place where it's safe to finally start crying.

I can picture Gideon having a sleepless night on Friday.

Saturday morning, I picture him leaving the police station just like Eva left the advocacy center dinner -- struggling to make it to the privacy of the car, the place where it's safe to finally start crying.

i have often pictured him leaving after that phone call. Devastated, I don't think can begin to cover it. Total desolation. I hope Angus tried to comfort him. :(

i have often pictured him leaving after that phone call. Devastated, I don't think can begin to cover it. Total desolation. I hope Angus tried to comfort him. :(

I imagine Angus being Gideon's rock and support.

A devastated Gideon hurt after Eva's phone call.

Angus telling him that it will all work out and when the time is right Gideon and Eva will be together .

Angus I'm sure knows that Gideon killed Nathan and I'm sure he knows why.

And that Eva will be happy that Nathan no longer breaths the same air and is no longer a threat to her.

Eventually she will forgive and understand Gideon's action .

Cause Gideon and Eva are truly meant to be together !

He knew Eva was shattered, and all her worst old wounds were ripped open. Meanwhile, his abandonment terrors were ripped open: Eva didn't believe him, and she had just left him.

She'd pulled the ultimate runner and he was absolutely powerless to do anything. He couldn't even tell her the awful things she believed weren't true. In fact, he couldn't even contact her in any way.

Because the cops were all over him -- and his lawyer had probably warned him it was now crystal clear the cops considered him a murder suspect.

All his plans had gone horribly wrong. He'd screwed things up in the worst way. I can see him being grief-stricken and the most ashamed of himself he'd ever been -- ashamed for the damage done to Eva. The only comfort he would have felt was knowing Eva was now forever safe from that animal, Nathan.

I imagine Angus being Gideon's rock and support.

A devastated Gideon hurt after Eva's phone call.

Angus telling him that it will all work out and when the time is right Gideon and Eva will be together .

Angus I'm sure knows that Gideon killed Nathan and I'm sure he knows why.

And that Eva will be happy that Nathan no longer breaths the same air and is no longer a threat to her.

Eventually she will forgive and understand Gideon's action .

Cause Gideon and Eva are truly meant to be together !

Angus, I'm sure, helped Gideon kill Nathan. My own theory of how it went down: Angus helped sneak Gideon away from the party and into Nathan's hotel, served as lookout when Gideon slipped into Nathan's room and drove the knife through Nathan's heart, helped sneak Gideon away from the scene and back to the party -- and got rid of the weapon right away. And spent the rest of the night somehow part of Gideon's alibi for Gideon's movements after the party.

He knew Eva was shattered, and all her worst old wounds were ripped open. Meanwhile, his abandonment terrors were ripped open: Eva didn't believe him, and she had just left him.

She'd pulled the ultimate runner and he was absolutely powerless to do anything. He couldn't even tell her the awful things she believed weren't true. In fact, he couldn't even contact her in any way.

Because the cops were all over him -- and his lawyer had probably warned him it was now crystal clear the cops considered him a murder suspect.

All his plans had gone horribly wrong. He'd screwed things up in the worst way. I can see him being grief-stricken and the most ashamed of himself he'd ever been -- ashamed for the damage done to Eva. The only comfort he would have felt was knowing Eva was now forever safe from that animal, Nathan.

i couldn't agree with you more.

When I read the books for the first time-I've lost track of how many times I've read them-I didn't like Gideon. The way he treated Eva was appalling. But I totally change my opinion of him, when I read it a second time, and understood the story better. I understood his fears for Eva, to keep her safe at all cost. Certain things fell into place. You can't just read this series once. When I explained certain scenes to a friend, she said she understood it better.

i couldn't agree with you more.

When I read the books for the first time-I've lost track of how many times I've read them-I didn't like Gideon. The way he treated Eva was appalling. But I totally change my opinion of him, when I read it a second time, and understood the story better. I understood his fears for Eva, to keep her safe at all cost. Certain things fell into place. You can't just read this series once. When I explained certain scenes to a friend, she said she understood it better.

I totally agree with you I didn't like Gideon at first either but I think that's part of the reason we can't get these two out of our heads and we are on this board day and nite discussing them.Their story is so tragic you feel the pain of their childhood being snatched from them.

We feel their desperation and we so want them to have their happy ending...