The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Actually, Detective Graves has figured out the truth that Gideon loved Eva so much he killed to protect her from a dangerous maniac. When I say "fool the cops"I mean that even though the cops know the truth, they have an uphill battle trying to prove that love.

They're up against a possible defense strategy of "No way can you convince a jury Gideon Cross loved Eva Trammel so much he had very good motive to commit murder. Because their short lived relationship fell apart while Nathan Barker was still very much alive. And it fell apart for very good reason too. So someone else must have done it."

Right now, Gideon's defense strategy would be pretty much this: "There's only one woman Gideon Cross ever had a serious long-term relationship with -- Corrine. They were together for three years, including engaged for one year. She broke it off, married someone else, and moved away. He never really got over her though. And now suddenly she's moved back, has left her husband, and has made it crystal clear she's still in love with Gideon. She's decided after all these years to go back to him. Soon after she came back, he dumped Eva Trammel, who he'd been seeing just a few weeks, and decided to see if he and Corrine could work out again." It's kinda convincing, because a lot of it is true -- the Corrine side of things, anyway, and the fact they actually did have a serious long-term relationship.

BUT .....

The timing of Gideon "getting back together again with Corrine" is just a little too convenient. He started dating Corrine again only a few days before Nathan died. A prosecutor might be able to convince a jury to accept what's the actual real truth here: Corrine is nothing more than part of the plot Gideon built. Gideon's cover story is kinda lame. But what can you expect -- he threw everything together on short notice -- and he made several huge mistakes too.

SO ..... 

A much better possible defense strategy would be "Gideon Cross went to Corrine for comfort after Eva Trammel hurt him so badly he dumped Eva. In front of witnesses, he caught Eva in the arms of an ex-lover -- a rock star no less who happens to signed with Vidal Records. She made him look pretty bad. We've got a long list of people who were there that night who could testify how angry Gideon got, including having Eva forcibly removed from his sight. Why would Gideon Cross kill Nathan Barker nearly a week later?" It's a pretty good cover because most of it is true -- the part about what happened at the concert, that is.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind what's actually in the pictures are props that the agency creating these pictures for Sylvia has handy. We have to be careful against being too literal. Like that throw pillow on the white couch in one of the earlier snippets. That throw pillow was u-g-l-y, IMHO, something neither Eva nor Cary would own.

The elevator lobby was something the photographers found that in real life matches the fictional description of the marble and aluminum decor theme of the Crossfire's interior. The Aston Martin is some sort of stock photo.

But yes, Peaches, you and me (and all the ladies here) are purists who know more than the agency folks. That photo of what's obviously Eva's shed clothing should include stockings and a garter belt, not pantyhose. We all know she wears stockings because it's a big turn-on for Gideon.

I think the look the photographer was going for was women's business clothes thrown to the floor: pumps and stockings, a nice white blouse -- stuff a woman working in a business-attire dress code would be wearing to work.

The snapshot just before this showed elevators. This one shows parts of a woman's work outfit thrown onto a floor. Gideon and Eva just had a nooner -- or -- he met her right after work, is my guess.

are you sure your not Sylvia Day in disguise, leading us up the garden path. Lol

Actually, Detective Graves has figured out the truth that Gideon loved Eva so much he killed to protect her from a dangerous maniac. When I say "fool the cops"I mean that even though the cops know the truth, they have an uphill battle trying to prove that love.

They're up against a possible defense strategy of "No way can you convince a jury Gideon Cross loved Eva Trammel so much he had very good motive to commit murder. Because their short lived relationship fell apart while Nathan Barker was still very much alive. And it fell apart for very good reason too. So someone else must have done it."

Right now, Gideon's defense strategy would be pretty much this: "There's only one woman Gideon Cross ever had a serious long-term relationship with -- Corrine. They were together for three years, including engaged for one year. She broke it off, married someone else, and moved away. He never really got over her though. And now suddenly she's moved back, has left her husband, and has made it crystal clear she's still in love with Gideon. She's decided after all these years to go back to him. Soon after she came back, he dumped Eva Trammel, who he'd been seeing just a few weeks, and decided to see if he and Corrine could work out again." It's kinda convincing, because a lot of it is true -- the Corrine side of things, anyway, and the fact they actually did have a serious long-term relationship.

BUT .....

The timing of Gideon "getting back together again with Corrine" is just a little too convenient. He started dating Corrine again only a few days before Nathan died. A prosecutor might be able to convince a jury to accept what's the actual real truth here: Corrine is nothing more than part of the plot Gideon built. Gideon's cover story is kinda lame. But what can you expect -- he threw everything together on short notice -- and he made several huge mistakes too. god you've got a good imagination. Ever thought of writing a book? Your theories could be spot on. Only June will tell. Keep them coming.

SO ..... 

A much better possible defense strategy would be "Gideon Cross went to Corrine for comfort after Eva Trammel hurt him so badly he dumped Eva. In front of witnesses, he caught Eva in the arms of an ex-lover -- a rock star no less who happens to signed with Vidal Records. She made him look pretty bad. We've got a long list of people who were there that night who could testify how angry Gideon got, including having Eva forcibly removed from his sight. Why would Gideon Cross kill Nathan Barker nearly a week later?" It's a pretty good cover because most of it is true -- the part about what happened at the concert, that is.

yes that's what Syvia had said ~ BIY was supposed to be Eva's story and RIY was supposed to be Gideon's but now EWY will be his story and I'm guessing book 4& 5 will be their story together dealing with his past.

If this book is supposed to be about Gideons story, surely this murder investigation can't go on for too long. Eva's story practically took up 2 books. Wasn't the original plot supposed to be a book each? Im sure there's a lot to tell from Gideons story.

where is it posted? Is that the henry cavill as gideon page? I saw it when I linked onto her twitter feed...but I didn't know how recent that was or where it was from,,,

but btw I vote for him in the mini series too...I was watching Nurse jackie on showtime and that's lionsgate too,,,I vote for Showtime for this series...

Ladies, I am NOT Sylvia Day. I wish I were her. She's an amazing author who has really captured my imagination. Plus after ten years of working hard as a romance novelist, she's turned into what she was destined to be - a famous best-selling author. What's more, between book sales and having sold the movie rights for Crossfire to a major film/TV studio, she's got fortune to go along with fame.

I'm just a huge fan who also happens to be a writer -- a writer of a different sort, not a novelist. I write non-fiction for a living -- public relations these days, and in my last career as a newspaper reporter.

So I love to organize information as I try to figure things out :)

OK, so I figured it out -- it's a just-released article of an interview Sylvia gave, written specifically for fans of actor Henry Cavill. Sylvia has become a big fan -- hands down, Cavill is her choice to play the role of Gideon in any movie or mini-series. She talks about some of the reasons why Cavill is her choice.

The online article is hot off the presses today on Henry Cavill's fan site. Here's the link to read it:  http://henrycavill.org/en/exclusive/interviews-articles/item/405-crossfire-series-writer-sylvia-day-talks-writing-and-henry-cavill

AND .....

The article does get into the Crossfire series a little bit. Probably the most important thing this article says about Crossfire is the series confirmation of what we've already been hearing: at this point, Sylvia expects Crossfire will be a five-book series -- and there's no schedule set yet -- yet -- on when books four and five will come out. She'll be able to better focus on Book Four after Entwined comes out a little over a month from now.

Also -- and this part is soooooo sweet, she talked about going back to writing about Gideon and Eva.

It’s easy to return to writing Gideon and Eva’s story, even after spending months crying over them, because I love them so much and I very much want them to find their happily ever after. I want them to get there sooner rather than later — they’ve already been through so much — and that’s only going to happen if I sit down and put the words on the page.

Ladies, I am NOT Sylvia Day. I wish I were her. She's an amazing author who has really captured my imagination. Plus after ten years of working hard as a romance novelist, she's turned into what she was destined to be - a famous best-selling author. What's more, between book sales and having sold the movie rights for Crossfire to a major film/TV studio, she's got fortune to go along with fame.

I'm just a huge fan who also happens to be a writer -- a writer of a different sort, not a novelist. I write non-fiction for a living -- public relations these days, and in my last career as a newspaper reporter.

So I love to organize information as I try to figure things out :)

your just so knowledgeable about what you write about. I love reading your theories, mixed with a little evil humour. They all sound so credible. Keep it up.

I think Henry Cavill is spot on Gideon. He is a bigger guy with the fantastic physique and the hair that is slightly long over the collar amazing blue eyes and he's even the exact age so ....... Sylvia sign him up!!!LOL

where can we vote for him? He's got my thumbs up!

your just so knowledgeable about what you write about. I love reading your theories, mixed with a little evil humour. They all sound so credible. Keep it up.

Come June 4, I'll be in an Entwined spoiler thread alternating between saying "I knew it!!! I saw it coming!!!" and "Boy am I eating some crow here. Some of my crazy theories were just that - crazy theories." I expect it'll be a combination of the two along with a lot of "OMG!!!! I can't believe how the (fill in the blank) storyline twisted. I never saw any of that coming!!!!"

Come June 4, I'll be in an Entwined spoiler thread alternating between saying "I knew it!!! I saw it coming!!!" and "Boy am I eating some crow here. Some of my crazy theories were just that - crazy theories." I expect it'll be a combination of the two along with a lot of "OMG!!!! I can't believe how the (fill in the blank) storyline twisted. I never saw any of that coming!!!!"

i hope you have written them all down, so you can tick them off, one by one. Lol :)

They may seem crazy, but with all the red herrings, possible. Tuesday will give us an insight of what's to come. I wish I had a time machine, could do a Back To The Future. Just need a Delorean car! Lol

There's only one firm prediction theory I do have. After we've all read Entwined and are deep into the discussion thread, any of you fellow fans get to say either "you were right" or "you were wrong".

My theory is this: the reason the murder case will go away soon and probably for good was that Detective Graves questioned Eva without Eva's lawyer present. Graves f****** up very badly.

How I think it will unfold: It was only one question -- about the phone call Eva made to Gideon on Saturday. The answer Graves tricked out of Eva (by getting Eva to nod "yes") is proof Gideon never dumped Eva before Nathan died; Eva dumped Gideon after Nathan was killed. But Graves blew it, because she violated Eva's rights. So now the prosecution won't be able to build a good enough case to be able to bring it to trial. Because the motive side of the case is permanently ruined. The evidence Graves got is totally inadmissible in court.

There's only one firm prediction theory I do have. After we've all read Entwined and are deep into the discussion thread, any of you fellow fans get to say either "you were right" or "you were wrong".

My theory is this: the reason the murder case will go away soon and probably for good was that Detective Graves questioned Eva without Eva's lawyer present. Graves f****** up very badly.

How I think it will unfold: It was only one question -- about the phone call Eva made to Gideon on Saturday. The answer Graves tricked out of Eva (by getting Eva to nod "yes") is proof Gideon never dumped Eva before Nathan died; Eva dumped Gideon after Nathan was killed. But Graves blew it, because she violated Eva's rights. So now the prosecution won't be able to build a good enough case to be able to bring it to trial. Because the motive side of the case is permanently ruined. The evidence Graves got is totally inadmissible in court.

it seems although, that is not going to happen early in the book, because they are still creeping around, at least a third of the way through. This is so tantalisingly infuriating. I'm sure my hair is going grey through worrying over these two lovers. :(