The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I'm not sure where I read but someone said they had suspicions of megumi and wondered why she said gideon was a head trip after he put the ring back on In the elevator the day eva megumi and will had lunch.! But I was reading (AGAIN) and megumi didn't say that, she asked Eva was everything alright and Eva said "I don't know, that man is a f##king head trip, megumi then said keep me updated and Eva said I should just write a book..! I'm not suspicious of megumi now that I re-read that part.!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure where I read but someone said they had suspicions of megumi and wondered why she said gideon was a head trip after he put the ring back on In the elevator the day eva megumi and will had lunch.! But I was reading (AGAIN) and megumi didn't say that, she asked Eva was everything alright and Eva said "I don't know, that man is a f##king head trip, megumi then said keep me updated and Eva said I should just write a book..! I'm not suspicious of megumi now that I re-read that part.!

We're all so wrapped up in the complexities of many of the characters that we've got ourselves thinking "there's got to be more to it" about every character. Because Sylvia did an amazing job of introducing many characters as if they were just minor ones -- and it turned out they were very important, very complex people. Angus is perhaps the best example. When he first cropped up, he was nothing more than the driver -- not even named, hardly mentioned several times. We came to find out bit by bit that Angus was perhaps the only good father figure Gideon ever had.

So now we're all wondering about every character who starts off casually coming up again and again. Like Megumi. Is she really just a background character -- what you see is what you get? Or is she someone really important to the story? Agh!!!!  We've still got at least two and probably three more Crossfire novels to find out what the deal is, or isn't, with people Eva interacts with every day - from Megumi the receptionist to Paul the doorman at Eva's apartment building.

So much fun .......

Speaking of Will, this is a character I'd like to see developed in the upcoming books.

Oh and FYI

SD Said we will get Snapshot 14 Friday and Snapshot 15 Monday because Chapter 1 is coming out Tuesday..! Oh.. No more snippets.!!! Just so you all know..! :)

'Cause we're getting the mother of all snippets - an entire chapter!!!! SQUEEE!!!!!

One thing I'm thinking would be fun to do after each of us finishes Chapter One of Entwined is to go look at the very early pages of this thread, back when we had just Snapshot One -- that "Press" and "Pen" thing. We had all sorts of great theories. Now we get to see how things actually panned out. We get to figure out what Snapshot One actually signified in Chapter One.

'Cause we're getting the mother of all snippets - an entire chapter!!!! SQUEEE!!!!!

One thing I'm thinking would be fun to do after each of us finishes Chapter One of Entwined is to go look at the very early pages of this thread, back when we had just Snapshot One -- that "Press" and "Pen" thing. We had all sorts of great theories. Now we get to see how things actually panned out. We get to figure out what Snapshot One actually signified in Chapter One.

Yup, that sounds like a plan..!!

Speaking of Will, this is a character I'd like to see developed in the upcoming books.

If he's not playing a major role, he can stay right where he is..! It's already baffling haven to figure Eva and Gideon out..!!

I think that once Arnoldo sees that Gideon forgave Eva, and that Gideon is so happy with Eva -- the way Gideon started out that night of the concert, then Arnoldo will forgive her too. Arnoldo thought Eva was great right on up to the moment she did something really stupid that hurt Gideon really badly. Arnoldo saw with his own eyes Eva could complete Gideon or destroy him.

And unfortunately, right now (i.e. where Reflected left off) Arnoldo is probably still furious at Eva and saying "good riddance to bad trash." Last he saw of Eva, he was getting out of the limo and was thinking at the time Angus was driving Eva straight home. Arnoldo chewed Eva out and then watched the limo drive away.

Fast forward to the very next time Arnoldo saw Gideon -- Monday, when Gideon arrived at Arnoldo's restaurant on a "date" with Corrine. And knowing Gideon well, Arnoldo would have been able to read Gideon's body language enough to something was really eating Gideon badly. (Of course, Arnoldo wouldn't have known a thing about the truth -- Nathan had Gideon now terrified.)

P.S. I think Magdalene and Arnoldo actually could end up as a couple. They're both single. They both have a very good, very old mutual friend - Gideon.

Agreed! Arnoldo wants his friend Gideon to be happy and yes once he sees Gideon happy with Eva again, he will forgive Eva. I can totally see Magdalene and Arnoldo being a couple set up by Gideon : )

can't wait for Chapter 1!! It will be the highlight of my day : )

If he's not playing a major role, he can stay right where he is..! It's already baffling haven to figure Eva and Gideon out..!!

I think characters like Will and Megumi are just background characters who are just there in the storyline for Eva to have as friends in the office and to interact with but not get involved fully in the story as main characters. We never do a get a name for the red headed receptionist so she's likely to pop up occasionally as the receptionist who gives eva the sour puss because Eva snagged Gideon. We know Gideon's secretary's name is Scott but not hers lol.

We're all so wrapped up in the complexities of many of the characters that we've got ourselves thinking "there's got to be more to it" about every character. Because Sylvia did an amazing job of introducing many characters as if they were just minor ones -- and it turned out they were very important, very complex people. Angus is perhaps the best example. When he first cropped up, he was nothing more than the driver -- not even named, hardly mentioned several times. We came to find out bit by bit that Angus was perhaps the only good father figure Gideon ever had.

So now we're all wondering about every character who starts off casually coming up again and again. Like Megumi. Is she really just a background character -- what you see is what you get? Or is she someone really important to the story? Agh!!!!  We've still got at least two and probably three more Crossfire novels to find out what the deal is, or isn't, with people Eva interacts with every day - from Megumi the receptionist to Paul the doorman at Eva's apartment building.

So much fun .......

ok. I'll run with this. Could Paul be part of Gideons security team. There! Another name for the mix? Lol

I can't wait for chapter 1, I can't wait to see if he made her leave and what he said.. it proubly wasn't much because in the next snippet or 2 he sneaks into her apartment to see her he couldn't wait to see If she still wanted him.. I have a feeling chapter one will end with him saying he did it and that's it until June 4th.. what does everyone think...

Morning ladies. Oh I hate going to bed. Have a lot of catch up over breakfast. God you woman chat a lot . Lol

I feel like I'm always behind when I'm trying to catch up too the next day. I have to remind myself to go to bed at night or else I'll be up burning the midnight oil. lol

I feel like I'm always behind when I'm trying to catch up too the next day. I have to remind myself to go to bed at night or else I'll be up burning the midnight oil. lol

this forum has completely taken over my life. It's like a drug. Every time I walk past the computer I have to see what's been written. When I'm going to bed you ladies have just startedyour evening and are chatting, god can you talk! But it's so much fun. I'm sure we will be doing it for months to come.

ok. I'll run with this. Could Paul be part of Gideons security team. There! Another name for the mix? Lol

Gideon owns the apartment building Eva (and Cary) live in, so Paul works for Cross Industries. And one of the most important things a doorman does is to provide security -- in the form of a set of human eyes -- at the entrance of a residential building. The whole reason Eva is living in a building like that is to appease her mother that it's "safe".

So let me run with this here .... Cross Industries has a history of human resources excellence. They hire skilled people and pay them well. Paul probably has some sort of solid work history in the security industry and/or had served in the military. It's why he got  a secure, well-paying job with Cross Industries.

Then Eva enters Gideon's life, and within days, Gideon found out she lives in one of his properties. I can see Paul the doorman being given a big raise and some serious behind-the-scenes special new responsibility -- make absolutely certain to keep a good eye on who comes and goes from that building. Keep an especially good eye on Eva.

How much you wanna bet that as soon as Gideon found out Nathan was in town, Paul the doorman got a special briefing, including pictures of Nathan, and got ordered to keep a very close lookout on the sidewalks and the street near the apartment building entrance.

Plus, although I can't find the exact page now, I remember some mention about Angus and Paul being familiar with one another. Eva noticed it in passing once. My guess -- as soon as Gideon made Paul part of the circle of people keeping an eye on Eva, it was Angus who supervised Paul.

OK, now I've really gone deep here. Maybe Paul is just Paul -- like the saying "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Gideon owns the apartment building Eva (and Cary) live in, so Paul works for Cross Industries. And one of the most important things a doorman does is to provide security -- in the form of a set of human eyes -- at the entrance of a residential building. The whole reason Eva is living in a building like that is to appease her mother that it's "safe".

So let me run with this here .... Cross Industries has a history of human resources excellence. They hire skilled people and pay them well. Paul probably has some sort of solid work history in the security industry and/or had served in the military. It's why he got  a secure, well-paying job with Cross Industries.

Then Eva enters Gideon's life, and within days, Gideon found out she lives in one of his properties. I can see Paul the doorman being given a big raise and some serious behind-the-scenes special new responsibility -- make absolutely certain to keep a good eye on who comes and goes from that building. Keep an especially good eye on Eva.

How much you wanna bet that as soon as Gideon found out Nathan was in town, Paul the doorman got a special briefing, including pictures of Nathan, and got ordered to keep a very close lookout on the sidewalks and the street near the apartment building entrance.

Plus, although I can't find the exact page now, I remember some mention about Angus and Paul being familiar with one another. Eva noticed it in passing once. My guess -- as soon as Gideon made Paul part of the circle of people keeping an eye on Eva, it was Angus who supervised Paul.

OK, now I've really gone deep here. Maybe Paul is just Paul -- like the saying "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

i love it. You know the right things to say. But yes I agree with you. Gideon had his security team on Eva 24/7 I reckon, from virtually day 1.

Yes we could be embellishing this a bit to much, but I like the options we bring to the table.

Paul was definetly was keeping a watchful eye out for Nathan. 

Chapter 11:  Paul opend the door for me when we arrived at my apartment and he greeted Angus by name, reminding me that Gideon owned the building.

Paul was definetly was keeping a watchful eye out for Nathan. 

Chapter 11:  Paul opend the door for me when we arrived at my apartment and he greeted Angus by name, reminding me that Gideon owned the building.

Thanks for finding the chapter, Laura.

And it went right over Eva's head that duh, a doorman at one of many, many properties Gideon owns in New York is on a first-name basis with Gideon's chief bodyguard.

Knowing one another by sight, sure, that's understandable. Repeatedly, Eva's been picked up and dropped off by Angus. But first name basis?

Um, hello Eva -- Gideon's having you watched over even more closely than your mother has been. He's just a lot more subtle about it. Paul the doorman probably is reporting directly to Angus now, when normally Paul would be reporting to the building manager. Paul's more than the doorman now -- he's a key person watching over the most important thing in Gideon's entire world.

We know from one of the snippets that Gideon and Eva will have a talk in Entwined about how Gideon tried to balance the need to protect Eva's security with the need for her to have some feeling of independence. Gideon was wise enough to recognize Monica's obsessions and smothering were bad for Eva. But he also for his own sanity needed (still does need to) keep her safe.

Thanks for finding the chapter, Laura.

And it went right over Eva's head that duh, a doorman at one of many, many properties Gideon owns in New York is on a first-name basis with Gideon's chief bodyguard.

Knowing one another by sight, sure, that's understandable. Repeatedly, Eva's been picked up and dropped off by Angus. But first name basis?

Um, hello Eva -- Gideon's having you watched over even more closely than your mother has been. He's just a lot more subtle about it. Paul the doorman probably is reporting directly to Angus now, when normally Paul would be reporting to the building manager. Paul's more than the doorman now -- he's a key person watching over the most important thing in Gideon's entire world.

We know from one of the snippets that Gideon and Eva will have a talk in Entwined about how Gideon tried to balance the need to protect Eva's security with the need for her to have some feeling of independence. Gideon was wise enough to recognize Monica's obsessions and smothering were bad for Eva. But he also for his own sanity needed (still does need to) keep her safe.

you mention about her being kept safe. While in Las Vegas Gideon says "don't think. Just listen, Eva . Who I am and what I've built makes me a target. You know the score, because you know what it's like to live with wealth and the attention it attracts". Their security has to 24/7, Nathan isn't the only nutter. I'm sure that Gideon, had ruffled a few feathers, while doing business.

A note to the men of the world. Get your own dinner on June 4th. The women will be busy reading! Long live Sylvia Day!

A note to the men of the world. Get your own dinner on June 4th. The women will be busy reading! Long live Sylvia Day!

My husband is well aware that 24 hours after the book comes out, I am not to be bothered! LOL