The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Hi Julie,

Somehow I am so glad that Corinne is just a fictional character.  I swear at this point that girl would only be safe in a witness relocation program.  I think that if many of you saw her out in public, she may meet her demise. :)

hi Gigi

I've just spat my coffee over the dog. Soooooo funny. :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely true Eva might as well get used to the security when she becomes Mrs.Cross !!

She's agreed to revise and revisit her position in Entwined, cutting Gideon some slack, if Snippet 4 is any indication:

Scowling fiercely, he crouched in front of me. “###### it. Do you think Iwant to micromanage you? There have been extenuating circumstances. Give me credit for trying to balance your independence with keeping you safe.â€

Wow. Hindsight didn’t just make things crystal clear; it smacked me upside the head and knocked some sense into me. “I get it.â€

I don’t think you do. This†–he gestured impatiently at himself– “is just a F(&^*** shell. You’re what drives me, Eva. Can you understand that? You’re my heart and soul. If something ever happened to you it would kill me, too. Keeping you safe is goddamned self-preservation! Tolerate it for me, if you won’t do it for yourself.â€

I surged into him, knocking him off-balance and onto his back. I kissed him hard, my heart pounding and blood roaring in my ears.

"I hate to freak you out,†I murmured between desperate kisses, “but you’ve got it real bad for me.â€

I'm rereading RIY someone had said Gideon had Eva taken out of his sight when he was fighting brett but I don't see were he said anything to Arnoldo or Angus..Was it something they did on there own or did I miss something??

However Gideon conveyed to Angus to get Eva the h*** out of there immediately, Eva she didn't notice whatever Gideon did, verbally or non-verbally, to convey the order. But I don't think Angus would have decided on his own to leave then and there, not with Gideon in the middle of a serious physical fight with some guy who was a match for him. Angus was not just Gideon's driver - he was an armed bodyguard too. I believe he had to have been ordered by Gideon to leave.

When Eva refused to get into the car voluntarily, Angus turned to Arnoldo for help. Arnoldo bodily picked up Eva and put her into the limo.

Thank you Ln cronan do u think he wanted her to leave more because he was upset seeing what she did or he didn't want her to see him so mad and fighting ??

Fury at her is my guess, based on how icy cold he was the next time he saw, a little bit later when he had Angus drive her back with him (Angus) to pick Gideon up.  Usually, when Gideon gets angry, he turns icy. (Which makes the fact he got incredibly hot-headed toward Brett even more noteworthy -- Gideon going postal is extremely out of character for him).

There are times that Gideon, still kinda clueless about relationship dynamics, treats Eva badly. This time, furious at her, he starts out by treating her as a s***. He keeps it up even after she accuses him of doing exactly that (even though something like pain does flash through his eyes). But by the time their sex-fueled fight ends, he'd finally gotten that anger out of his system.

<<====== With my avatar, some of the words are cut off because it doesn't quite fit in the box. But the full phrase it contains is "I wander through fiction to find the truth."  I know that for me, the reason this saga currently has me hooked is because the story contains so much pain and joy that it taps into my own personal dark side as well as my lightness. Some of my favorite fiction, from Shakespeare to Crossfire, deals with the complexities of darkness and light together inside an individual.

Every one of us has faced pain and healing in some form or another -- no one escapes getting hurt by life. We all carry baggage. For some people, their emotional baggage is one carry-on size. For others, it's steamer trunk size. Gideon and Eva have entire matched sets of emotional baggage, something that every one of us can relate to either through our own personal experience or through being close to someone who struggles with heavy burdens.

You brought tears to my eyes with, "I wander through fiction to find the truth".. its so true, things have happened to me in my life that I was never able to talk about..when I read this book back in august I new there was something about it that I couldn't place why I was so drawn to it .. for me this book has allowed me to talk about the dark in my life with my husband of 22 years and gave me a sense of freedom I never had.. I know that may sound weird but every once in a while there is that book that touches u and this was it for me this is why in a way I can't wait for this series to be over to see how it ends not that it would effect my outcome, I have the best husband but to see that there can be a happy ending even with darkness in your life I have found mine and I want all the Eva's in the world to find there's!!

<<====== With my avatar, some of the words are cut off because it doesn't quite fit in the box. But the full phrase it contains is "I wander through fiction to find the truth."  I know that for me, the reason this saga currently has me hooked is because the story contains so much pain and joy that it taps into my own personal dark side as well as my lightness. Some of my favorite fiction, from Shakespeare to Crossfire, deals with the complexities of darkness and light together inside an individual.

Every one of us has faced pain and healing in some form or another -- no one escapes getting hurt by life. We all carry baggage. For some people, their emotional baggage is one carry-on size. For others, it's steamer trunk size. Gideon and Eva have entire matched sets of emotional baggage, something that every one of us can relate to either through our own personal experience or through being close to someone who struggles with heavy burdens.

Well Said

Hi Jenny,

Wowie zowie lady!!  Corinne drugging Gideon?  Wow, wow, wow!  I am starting to bite my nails in anticipation here.  I hope our happy couple gets their happily ever after. :)

LOL!! I want marriage, babies, the whole she-bang!!! But we can never forget how desperate Corinne is and how she will stop at nothing to get the "one that got away".

I don't think Corrine is going to be as much as a problem as we think. The only power she had over Gideon was the fact that he felt bad about how he wasn't honest with her. However if she was honest with herself she would have known all along that he was not "in love" with her. She set her self up this time knowing that he is involved and in love with someone else. She is trying to manipulate him by using their past together. I don't think she realizes just how important and irreplaceable Eva is to him. I think once he makes that clear she will vanish. She needs to keep her pride in check. And i don't think she is a horrible person, she just fell for the wrong guy. We have all been there. But it is time for her to get over it and move on!

I don't think Corrine is going to be as much as a problem as we think. The only power she had over Gideon was the fact that he felt bad about how he wasn't honest with her. However if she was honest with herself she would have known all along that he was not "in love" with her. She set her self up this time knowing that he is involved and in love with someone else. She is trying to manipulate him by using their past together. I don't think she realizes just how important and irreplaceable Eva is to him. I think once he makes that clear she will vanish. She needs to keep her pride in check. And i don't think she is a horrible person, she just fell for the wrong guy. We have all been there. But it is time for her to get over it and move on!

I think Corrine lost most, if not all, of her guilt power over Gideon when she deliberately hurt Eva. Just one day after he'd worked so hard to convince Corrine to not hurt insecure Eva, Corrine pulled that stunt. Gideon saw the picture Eva took with her (Eva's) cell phone camera.

My guess: between that day and the day weeks later that Gideon started using Corrine as part of his desperate plot to stop Nathan, Gideon had little if any contact with Corrine. Certainly, all his free time was with Eva, so he had no time to see her and little time to talk on the phone.

The night Eva found out about Corrine, she told Gideon to stow the guilt, warned him Corrine was stalking him, and told Gideon to start weaning Corrine off. Maybe that's what turned out happening the very next day through Corrine's own fault for playing dirty in her pursuit of him.

I think Corrine lost most, if not all, of her guilt power over Gideon when she deliberately hurt Eva. Just one day after he'd worked so hard to convince Corrine to not hurt insecure Eva, Corrine pulled that stunt. Gideon saw the picture Eva took with her (Eva's) cell phone camera.

My guess: between that day and the day weeks later that Gideon started using Corrine as part of his desperate plot to stop Nathan, Gideon had little if any contact with Corrine. Certainly, all his free time was with Eva, so he had no time to see her and little time to talk on the phone.

The night Eva found out about Corrine, she told Gideon to stow the guilt, warned him Corrine was stalking him, and told Gideon to start weaning Corrine off. Maybe that's what turned out happening the very next day through Corrine's own fault for playing dirty in her pursuit of him.

Yeah she needs to get a clue! Move back to France Corrine. Game OVER! LOL

It doesn't matter to me what Sylvia does or doesn't do to rehabilitate Monica's character...I detest her!! How lazy or disconnected can you possibly be not to participate in daily care of your child. I'm sure she had gobs of servants at her beck and call to do all the mundane household duties like laundry and cooking etc. Do you mean this would not leave her enough time to care for your beautiful little girl?? And how could she not notice the relationship between Eva and Nathan surely it must have been strained and I've said this before don't you think Eva was afraid to sleep in her own bed or had nightmares ?? Monica is a neurotic self absorbed woman and I don't care how beautiful she is I don't see how a smart guy like Stanton can tolerate her for any length of time LOL

I am on your side with this!!! Between her and Gideon's mother, it's no wonder both of these poor individuals are so screwed up in the head!!!

This is so true

After the fight and they started down to NC and Gideon used his torture method for Eva  to admit what she did.   She didn't realize why she did it.   Once she realized it and said it out loud, Gideon started making it up to her on the way down.   He said he wanted to be inside of her.

I do agree with whoever stated on another post that Monica probably would have lost Eva to CPS if she had not divorced Mr. Barker so I don't think it was that honorable. Any mother that loses custody of their child is looked upon with disdain and you know how Monica is all about appearances...

Monica would have lost Eva to Victor. Victor would have been given custody of Eva. Which is probably why Monica didn't want Victor to know.

After the fight and they started down to NC and Gideon used his torture method for Eva  to admit what she did.   She didn't realize why she did it.   Once she realized it and said it out loud, Gideon started making it up to her on the way down.   He said he wanted to be inside of her.

I can't wait till we get to that chapter to discuss the trip to NC because I do think Gideon was very cruel to Eva at the outset and I have a hard time putting that aside...I love Gideon as much as the next girl but if Eva wasn't so broken I wonder if she would have put up with all that turmoil and got out of that dam car!!!

Why would Gideon even tell Corrine she was insecure. Does he truly not realize this woman is still in love with him? Why give her that type of an emotional advantage over Eva?

I can't wait till we get to that chapter to discuss the trip to NC because I do think Gideon was very cruel to Eva at the outset and I have a hard time putting that aside...I love Gideon as much as the next girl but if Eva wasn't so broken I wonder if she would have put up with all that turmoil and got out of that dam car!!!

he understood , as I hadn't, that the night had fallen apart because of my jealousy and the deep-seated need I had to make him feel it for himself. Phew that was one car journey! I can hear Eva now saying-what my kids would say on a car journey-are we nearly there yet!!!

When the pair of them had long talks over the weekend, Gideon had come to understand his portion of the blame for the Brett incident. He recognized that he had underestimated just how intolerable the Corrine situation was to Eva. He admitted that he used to think Eva was over-reacting to Corrine, but when he himself had been hit with jealousy and insecurity over Brett, Gideon "got" that the Corrine situation was tearing Eva apart.

So on one level, the post-concert kiss/fight turned out to be a good thing for their relationship. Yes, on some levels, Eva had been over-reacting to Corrine -- but -- Gideon finally realized he'd been under-reacting to the same situation.

Which is why I want to scream in his face "You idiot!!!!" for turning around and using Corrine as a cover story. What, did he think that Eva was going to settle down, now that they'd fought about the whole issue Friday and over the weekend? Duh!!!! Um, no. He took Corrine out, and she immediately got even by taking Brett out. Then Gideon painted himself into a corner where he couldn't even talk to Eva while Brett's out there on the road talking about having reconnected with Eva and wanting another shot at a relationship.

If Gideon absolutely had to use another woman as a cover to make it look like he'd left Eva for the other woman, why didn't he pick Magdalene? Magdalene probably would not have had "exaggerated expectations" -- and Gideon had been socially dating Magdalene long enough in the past that she could have been sufficient cover.