The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I wonder what Sylvia thinks about our reactions to Corrine as a character. Certainly amused. Maybe shaking her head.

• Are we all over-reacting, like Eva often did, because Corrine never ever was a rival and we need to quit getting so worked up?
  • Or have those of us posters who have been cutting poor Corrine some slack as a sad character been under-reacting like Gideon -- and will see the "real" Corrine unmasked in Entwined?

Is it June 4 yet?

Is it even May 4 yet?

Sigh .... we're getting there. At least it's not November 4.

I liked Corrine up until her claws came out lol! I'll give Corrine the benefit of the doubt that once Gideon tells her the truth and admits he still loves Eva, she will open her eyes and apologize for her mean girl behavior and slinks away in the sunset back to France. lol I've been counting down the days for both May & June! : )

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using Corinne as the "cover" girl is just too juicy of a story for the tabloids to run with. Former fiancée etc this is just what Gideon is counting on them to do a story about Magdalene wouldn't sell newspapers!!

I'm sure he also didn't consider Corrine was going to become someone with exaggerated expectations either!

Eva told her at the RIY that Gideon was in lover with her and Corinne said will he's spending his time with me.   Get a clue Corinne.  Do you want to be with someone who's not in love with you.   Eva even said he's hurting just be a friend.   Maybe will see in EWY that she starts being a friend.

I'm still trying to get caught up on this site (pg 39).  I explained to my boss that I wouldn't miss any deadlines but I'm hooked and need to read through these posts.  (Bribed her with a copy of Bared to You.  I think she is hooked now too)

Anyway GiGi

I didn't mean to imply that I think Monica or Elizabeth are good mothers.  I think they both have baggage and, as so often happens, bad parents learn their parenting skills from there own bad parents. I do, however, think Elizabeth is the worse.  She must have heard Gideon's screams when he had nightmares. 

I know a couple people from very wealthy (old money) families.  They surprise the out of me when I see how much they allow "the help" to take over where children are concerned.  I do not mean to say that this is the norm.  I obviously only know these folks from work and the conversations we have at lunch. 

I'm still trying to get caught up on this site (pg 39).  I explained to my boss that I wouldn't miss any deadlines but I'm hooked and need to read through these posts.  (Bribed her with a copy of Bared to You.  I think she is hooked now too)

LOL

Mr. Sometimes Clueless Cross. Carefully re-read that first conversation Corrine had with Eva, out of Gideon's earshot, on pages 312 to 314 of Bared. This was immediately after Gideon had taken Corrine aside and tried to convince her to keep quiet about their (his and Corrine's) history for now, given Eva's insecurities. Already, Corrine was using the weapons Gideon just handed to her.

In order, this is what Corrine fed to Eva, acting oh so sweet as she did, the two-faced little ......

Said she and Gideon had been friends for a long time

Suggests Gideon had always stayed in contact with her over the years

Admitted she was still in love with him

Throws down the gauntlet - she wants him back

Told Eva she (Corrine) was grateful to her for getting Gideon to open up

Lands first punch by making Eva fear that maybe her own purpose had been to prepare Gideon for Corrine

Gave her reason for leaving Gideon being afraid at the time he was possessive -- yet she later realized his being possessive had been a good thing

Suggests Gideon is possessive of her still -which is exactly why Gideon had latched right onto Corrine the instant he saw her there, and walked around for some time with Corrine on his arm

Explained that when she found out how serious Gideon was about Eva, she (Corrine) at first was afraid to see them together as a couple

Suggests that something changed so that now Corrine has no reason to fear Eva as a real rival anymore

Oh so casually threw in a mention that when she reached out to him for help to come back to New York, she called him in the middle of some charity event

Corrine knew d*** well she interrupted Gideon on a date with Eva. Corrine scored a knockdown punch here - Gideon had ditched her (Eva) that night to drop everything for Corrine's needs

"He told me he'd met someone. That he wanted you and me to meet when I got into town."

Implication - he never told Corrine he was in love with Eva. Implied that he wasn't even going to tell Eva about Corrine until Corrine got back to town. Made it clear Gideon wants Corrine a part of his social life again. 

I think corrine is also insecure deep down in her icy soul (lol!) & jealous of Eva.  

SScrph

I have a feeling that Monica was emotionally abused.  Her parents disowned her and I think she hoped her baby would give her the love she didn't have from her parents. Not many loving parents would turn out there own child especially if her only crime was getting pregnant.

I think it is hard for us "regular folks" to understand the life of the uber rich.  Again I'm not making excuses for her.  She screwed up big time.  I think she would be easier to like if she turned to Victor when she found out Eva was raped. 

I do think Monica is behind Eva's fear that her dad will find out their little secret.  Maybe she picked up on something said.  It will be interesting how this plays out.  I don't hate Monica at this point but I don't like her very much either.  What gives me hope is that Eva loves her mom so I'm hoping there is some way to justify her behavior. 

Eva told her at the RIY that Gideon was in lover with her and Corinne said will he's spending his time with me.   Get a clue Corinne.  Do you want to be with someone who's not in love with you.   Eva even said he's hurting just be a friend.   Maybe will see in EWY that she starts being a friend.

I agree. Corrine has not been a friend to Gideon when she came back into his life. if she doesn't change her evil ways, she will be kicked to the curb becasue. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt that she will change her evil ways but only time will tell and june 4th can't get here fast enough lol

SScrph

I have a feeling that Monica was emotionally abused.  Her parents disowned her and I think she hoped her baby would give her the love she didn't have from her parents. Not many loving parents would turn out there own child especially if her only crime was getting pregnant.

I think it is hard for us "regular folks" to understand the life of the uber rich.  Again I'm not making excuses for her.  She screwed up big time.  I think she would be easier to like if she turned to Victor when she found out Eva was raped. 

I do think Monica is behind Eva's fear that her dad will find out their little secret.  Maybe she picked up on something said.  It will be interesting how this plays out.  I don't hate Monica at this point but I don't like her very much either.  What gives me hope is that Eva loves her mom so I'm hoping there is some way to justify her behavior. 

Lets just on the way of FSOG and say that Monica was a sh-itty mother!!

Lets just on the way of FSOG and say that Monica was a sh-itty mother!!

I think Monica is praying Victor won't find out the truth because he will blame her for not being around Eva because she was too materialistic and will be mad that she kept it from him. I read FSOG and wow his mom was the queen of s**** mothers but I won't put her in that same category. Elizabeth yes for not believing Gideon but I'm going to give Monica the benefit of the doubt for now until I read EWY and see if she changes from being two dimensional. Yes Monica is materialistic & self absorbed but her guilt is punishing her now and I kind of feel bad for her.

Mr. Sometimes Clueless Cross. Carefully re-read that first conversation Corrine had with Eva, out of Gideon's earshot, on pages 312 to 314 of Bared. This was immediately after Gideon had taken Corrine aside and tried to convince her to keep quiet about their (his and Corrine's) history for now, given Eva's insecurities. Already, Corrine was using the weapons Gideon just handed to her.

In order, this is what Corrine fed to Eva, acting oh so sweet as she did, the two-faced little ......

Said she and Gideon had been friends for a long time

Suggests Gideon had always stayed in contact with her over the years

Admitted she was still in love with him

Throws down the gauntlet - she wants him back

Told Eva she (Corrine) was grateful to her for getting Gideon to open up

Lands first punch by making Eva fear that maybe her own purpose had been to prepare Gideon for Corrine

Gave her reason for leaving Gideon being afraid at the time he was possessive -- yet she later realized his being possessive had been a good thing

Suggests Gideon is possessive of her still -which is exactly why Gideon had latched right onto Corrine the instant he saw her there, and walked around for some time with Corrine on his arm

Explained that when she found out how serious Gideon was about Eva, she (Corrine) at first was afraid to see them together as a couple

Suggests that something changed so that now Corrine has no reason to fear Eva as a real rival anymore

Oh so casually threw in a mention that when she reached out to him for help to come back to New York, she called him in the middle of some charity event

Corrine knew d*** well she interrupted Gideon on a date with Eva. Corrine scored a knockdown punch here - Gideon had ditched her (Eva) that night to drop everything for Corrine's needs

"He told me he'd met someone. That he wanted you and me to meet when I got into town."

Implication - he never told Corrine he was in love with Eva. Implied that he wasn't even going to tell Eva about Corrine until Corrine got back to town. Made it clear Gideon wants Corrine a part of his social life again. 

You know LN I had forgotten about how annoyed I was with Corrine at that dinner when she was talking to Eva. Mr. Sometimes Clueless me off too. Even when he was explaining it all to Eva in the bathroom that night. Of course I can't stay mad at him long. I'm torn with my feeling for Corrine. I hate how she treats Eva, but you have to give the girl credit for pulling out all the stops to re-claim Mr. Sometimes Clueless.

I'm sure he also didn't consider Corrine was going to become someone with exaggerated expectations either!

Well, Gideon has by his own standards already given Corrine "exaggerated expectations" that he and Corrine most certainly ARE dating.

Page 64 of Bared, when Gideon discusses the subject of "exaggerated expectations" (his words) with Eva, she asks him "What's your definition of dating?" His exact answer: "Lengthy social time spent with a woman when we're not actively F(&^***."

Um, he's spending lengthy social time with Corrine lately.

Fast forward to page 327 of Bared, when Gideon is disclosing to Eva some early history of his relationship with Corrine.

"I guess you could say we dated. We were exclusive sexually and we often ended up in the same place as a couple."

Um, these days he and Corrine are going places as a couple.

So according to Gideon's own definitions, Gideon most certainly IS dating her. And if Corrine didn't already know these boundary definitions, well, Magdalene certainly does, so Corrine could find out that way.

I'll bet Corrine's confidently thinking he just hasn't started sleeping with her -- yet. But I'm sure she's being patient, because it's only been a couple of weeks since Gideon started dating her again. Trying to rush things would involve "exaggerated expectations" after all.

Gideon, Gideon, Gideon ..... I suppose the good thing here is that if Detective Graves already has made a run at Corrine, Corrine could tell Graves that she and Gideon started dating again the night he took her out to dinner at Tableau One, the restaurant owned by one of Gideon's good friends. Corrine would believe it to be true -- because Gideon has lied to her by omission. 

He's got that safety net. He needs it too, if it is actually true Graves is attacking the cover. Perhaps Graves already has interviewed Corrine when she (Graves) was picking apart every minute of the party timeline. In fact, I wonder if Corrine did answer questions both about the party and about her relationship status already. Corrine's got no reason NOT to answer any police questions. In fact, it would look very bad for Gideon if Corrine did refuse to talk -- it would look like she's trying to cover for Gideon. 

So .... what happens if Corrine was approached out of the blue by the cops? Wouldn't she get curious about why the cops are interested in Gideon? Hmmmmmmm ....... that could be problematic down the road.

Well, Gideon has by his own standards already given Corrine "exaggerated expectations" that he and Corrine most certainly ARE dating.

Page 64 of Bared, when Gideon discusses the subject of "exaggerated expectations" (his words) with Eva, she asks him "What's your definition of dating?" His exact answer: "Lengthy social time spent with a woman when we're not actively F(&^***."

Fast forward to page 327 of Bared, when Gideon is disclosing to Eva some early history of his relationship with Corrine.

"I guess you could say we dated. We were exclusive sexually and we often ended up in the same place as a couple."

So according to Gideon's own definitions, Gideon most certainly IS dating her. And if Corrine didn't already know these boundary definitions, well, Magdalene certainly does, so Corrine could find out that way.

I'll bet Corrine's confidently thinking he just hasn't started sleeping with her -- yet. But I'm sure she's being patient, because it's only been a couple of weeks since Gideon started dating her again. Trying to rush things would involve "exaggerated expectations" after all.

Gideon, Gideon, Gideon ..... I suppose the good thing here is that if Detective Graves already has made a run at Corrine, Corrine could tell Graves that she and Gideon started dating again the night he took her out to dinner at Tableau One, the restaurant owned by one of Gideon's good friends. Corrine would believe it to be true -- because Gideon has lied to her by omission. 

He's got that safety net. He needs it too, if it is actually true Graves is attacking the cover. Perhaps Graves already has interviewed Corrine when she (Graves) was picking apart every minute of the party timeline. In fact, I wonder if Corrine did answer questions both about the party and about her relationship status already. Corrine's got no reason NOT to answer any police questions. In fact, it would look very bad for Gideon if Corrine did refuse to talk -- it would look like she's trying to cover for Gideon. 

So .... what happens if Corrine was approached out of the blue by the cops? Wouldn't she get curious about why the cops are interested in Gideon? Hmmmmmmm ....... that could be problematic down the road.

I think Graves did interview Corrine and had to find out that Gideon wasn't with her for that amount of time because he was checking on guests and going in and out of the hotel as well as losing all sight of him for a half hour to an hour. She would be all too willing to gush to them that she's dating Gideon again and probably would balk at the idea of why the cops would be interested in Gideon. who knows she might even lie and cover for him by saying she was with him the entire time. I hope we hear that Graves went to Corrine and what was said in that conversation.     

I would think that Corrine had to have been interviewed by the police already. She surely also confirmed she was there with Gideon as his DATE (Grrr...). I wonder if the detectives said they were homocide and investigating the murder, or if they left things vague hoping Corrine would over-share.

I hope any discussion with/about Corrine will include Gideon's explaining his new 'RING' to her.  I'm sure she noticed it knowing he doesn't wear any other jewelry.  

Also, I'm sure any police questioning confused her and wonder what she asked of Gideon after it was over.

So many questions to be answered, beginning to feel like Eva, LOL.  So guess will we start getting answers / insights on Tue with Chapter 1 and then just 4 weeks / 28 days until the whole book is released.   I hope Barnes & Nobles and Amazon's networks are ready to be overloaded on the 4th.  :)   

I hope any discussion with/about Corrine will include Gideon's explaining his new 'RING' to her.  I'm sure she noticed it knowing he doesn't wear any other jewelry.  

Also, I'm sure any police questioning confused her and wonder what she asked of Gideon after it was over.

So many questions to be answered, beginning to feel like Eva, LOL.  So guess will we start getting answers / insights on Tue with Chapter 1 and then just 4 weeks / 28 days until the whole book is released.   I hope Barnes & Nobles and Amazon's networks are ready to be overloaded on the 4th.  :)   

Yes I find it hard to believe Corinne would not have noticed THE ring...she is an example of a woman in denial she knows what that ring means ...it's a promise ring to a woman and its not her LOL!!!

I think Graves did interview Corrine and had to find out that Gideon wasn't with her for that amount of time because he was checking on guests and going in and out of the hotel as well as losing all sight of him for a half hour to an hour. She would be all too willing to gush to them that she's dating Gideon again and probably would balk at the idea of why the cops would be interested in Gideon. who knows she might even lie and cover for him by saying she was with him the entire time. I hope we hear that Graves went to Corrine and what was said in that conversation.     

Really Corinne could have even thought that the murder and the fire are related somehow remember Corinne doesn't know the backstory so it is easy for her to tell the truth and be clueless because she in fact is

I think Monica is praying Victor won't find out the truth because he will blame her for not being around Eva because she was too materialistic and will be mad that she kept it from him. I read FSOG and wow his mom was the queen of s**** mothers but I won't put her in that same category. Elizabeth yes for not believing Gideon but I'm going to give Monica the benefit of the doubt for now until I read EWY and see if she changes from being two dimensional. Yes Monica is materialistic & self absorbed but her guilt is punishing her now and I kind of feel bad for her.

I think her guilt is well deserved .

However Gideon conveyed to Angus to get Eva the h*** out of there immediately, Eva she didn't notice whatever Gideon did, verbally or non-verbally, to convey the order. But I don't think Angus would have decided on his own to leave then and there, not with Gideon in the middle of a serious physical fight with some guy who was a match for him. Angus was not just Gideon's driver - he was an armed bodyguard too. I believe he had to have been ordered by Gideon to leave.

When Eva refused to get into the car voluntarily, Angus turned to Arnoldo for help. Arnoldo bodily picked up Eva and put her into the limo.

That would explain the comment that Angus made about Gideon knowing when to stop. Angus was so in tuned to Gideon after all of these year's so he would more than recognize any look that Gideon would have made.

So many questions to be answered, beginning to feel like Eva, LOL.  So guess will we start getting answers / insights on Tue with Chapter 1 and then just 4 weeks / 28 days until the whole book is released.   I hope Barnes & Nobles and Amazon's networks are ready to be overloaded on the 4th.   :)   

Ahhh!! Yes! i was thinking the same thing about the ring! :) She noticed that he ate left-handed so he wouldn't have to let go of Eva's hand during dinner..so i'm sure she realizes that he's wearing jewlery....something he normally doesn't do.

I think she def got questioned by the cops...why wouldn't she right? She was there w/ the 'suspect'.

Will it come right to my ibooks account at midnight?! So excited!

SScrph

I have a feeling that Monica was emotionally abused. Her parents disowned her and I think she hoped her baby would give her the love she didn't have from her parents. Not many loving parents would turn out there own child especially if her only crime was getting pregnant.

I think it is hard for us "regular folks" to understand the life of the uber rich. Again I'm not making excuses for her. She screwed up big time. I think she would be easier to like if she turned to Victor when she found out Eva was raped.

I do think Monica is behind Eva's fear that her dad will find out their little secret. Maybe she picked up on something said. It will be interesting how this plays out. I don't hate Monica at this point but I don't like her very much either. What gives me hope is that Eva loves her mom so I'm hoping there is some way to justify her behavior.

I agree!

I think corrine is also insecure deep down in her icy soul (lol!) & jealous of Eva.  

one thing that sticks in my mind, is when Gideon tells Eva , that Corrine was surprised that Eva didn't look like her(Corrine), as all his other "partners" did. Did that send alarm bells ringing to Corrine, that he had totally gone off track, and she felt threatened?

Hi Julie,

Fabulous!!

Easter is coming.  So all my forum sisters are invited!  I have a nice big house with lots of bedrooms for all.  Be sure to bring your sleeping bags though ladies!  I also have a nice backyard so whom ever doesn't fit in the house can pitch a tent in the backyard. 

Also, remember to bring sweatpants or stretchy pants.  You ladies are going to eat like there is no tomorrow European style!! :)

P.S.  I should warn you that I have four dogs who think that they are human and they will absolutely kill you with kisses and licks! Oh and they also expect belly rubs and ear rubs too!  So be warned.   :)