The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As all of you will be reading the book, I will be with Sylvia Day (and God knows how many other people) in Paramus, NJ, with a reserved and signed copy.  

SQUEEEEEE!!!! We'll want deets, Donna, deets, right here afterward. (Well, after you've both met Sylvia and finished Entwined.) Tell us all about the experience of seeing her live in person!!!!

Ps- it just dawned on me also that other than Eva. Gideon's Mom was the only other woman to visit his apartment.

I find that sooo interesting and hopefully it will be explained re: the circumstances. Obviously she is no longer permitted to visit his home and the like

Ps- it just dawned on me also that other than Eva. Gideon's Mom was the only other woman to visit his apartment.

I find that sooo interesting and hopefully it will be explained re: the circumstances. Obviously she is no longer permitted to visit his home and the like

More of Gideon's control issue, I think:

• He refuses to step foot in the house he grew up in (the Vidal mansion). 
  • Given how cold he is to his mother, he probably avoids her as much as possible in public (I mean, look at how he avoided his brother Christopher at the advocacy dinner and avoided everyone but Eva when he came to "rescue" Eva from the garden party.)
  • What's the only place where Gideon has not only control but privacy? Inside his office and inside his home. Makes sense that the only place he'll allow his mother to meet him would be in either place.

Also, Gideon completely re-arranged his days and nights once he and Eva became a couple. Except during those awful times when they're estranged (a few days in Bared and a few weeks in Reflected) he spends as much time as possible with Eva. I'll bet there's a lot of people he started blowing off, and his mother would have been high on his list.

More of Gideon's control issue, I think:

• He refuses to step foot in the house he grew up in (the Vidal mansion). 
  • Given how cold he is to his mother, he probably avoids her as much as possible in public (I mean, look at how he avoided his brother Christopher at the advocacy dinner and avoided everyone but Eva when he came to "rescue" Eva from the garden party.)
  • What's the only place where Gideon has not only control but privacy? Inside his office and inside his home. Makes sense that the only place he'll allow his mother to meet him would be in either place.
Also, Gideon completely re-arranged his days and nights once he and Eva became a couple. Except during those awful times when they're estranged (a few days in Bared and a few weeks in Reflected) he spends as much time as possible with Eva. I'll bet there's a lot of people he started blowing off, and his mother would have been high on his list.
I wonder how often he saw his mother, given their strained relationship. I would say not often.

I agree its to easy.. For one I think Gideon would not just commit murder remember "he knows when to stop" as strong minded and powerful as Gideon is I think be has more control then that.. Do I think he killed him yes, but I think it was somehow during a struggle... Sylvia's answer is because of how it was done that were not aware of yet.. I also think Monica and straton were involved..what does everyone think??

Sorry for chiming in soo late on this and not to add fire to the flame but I think the potential confusion which has resulted in such passionate defense/comments stem from the fact that when SD "supposedly" confirmed Gideon killed Nathan and hinted that this was the only option, folks took this and stretch this in such a way to believe the details surrounding Nathan's death is as described by Detective Graves...

I for one do not believe Nathan'a demise was as described by Detective Graves, and with SD's follow-up hints that Nathan was in mental institution and that is where he would have gone back to, makes me think there are VARIOUS pertinent details that we need and we should just (as frustrating as it is) wait for June 4th ( in my case till the final page turner before I will fully understand things and see how things play out)

Sorry for chiming in soo late on this and not to add fire to the flame but I think the potential confusion which has resulted in such passionate defense/comments stem from the fact that when SD "supposedly" confirmed Gideon killed Nathan and hinted that this was the only option, folks took this and stretch this in such a way to believe the details surrounding Nathan's death is as described by Detective Graves...

I for one do not believe Nathan'a demise was as described by Detective Graves, and with SD's follow-up hints that Nathan was in mental institution and that is where he would have gone back to, makes me think there are VARIOUS pertinent details that we need and we should just (as frustrating as it is) wait for June 4th ( in my case till the final page turner before I will fully understand things and see how things play out)

I agree with you KiMa that every last thing Detective Graves told Eva is NOT absolutely true. Graves may think she's got it all figured out. But she may have gotten some things wrong. It's even possible she said certainly things to deliberately mislead Eva (cops do mislead people when trying to trap them.) Some of the stuff Graves said may have been half truths or even lies.

All we know right now is "these are the things that Graves said to Eva." That is NOT the same thing as "this is exactly what happened." As far as Graves goes, there's only one thing we know for certain - Nathan is dead.

But as far as Sylvia saying "Yes. Yes he did" when an interviewer asked her point-blank whether Gideon killed Nathan for Eva, that part is true. On her Facebook and Twitter pages, hours before that live interview was scheduled to happen, Sylvia announced she was going to appear live on that radio show, and she gave fans links to be able to tune into the radio station via live Internet streaming.

Several members of this forum listened live, including me -- and the former journalist in me took careful notes. She said he did it -- and she said it in a very straightforward manner. Nothing evasive about it -- the interviewer asked her a point-blank yes/no question, and she answered yes. She knew beforehand too that the host was planning to ask what really happened at the end of Reflected in You, because the guy said so as much very early in the live interview.

Soon after this forum started buzzing about the fact Sylvia confirmed in an interview that Gideon did it, she popped into the discussion threads to tell us some important background stuff about Nathan, stuff I can pretty much sum up like this:

Had Nathan murdered Eva, he never would have stood trial. It's likely he would have been declared mentally incompetent and hospitalized in a locked psychiatric unit. And probably would have gotten out some day. Just like he did all those years ago after being locked up in a mental hospital because he raped Eva. He got out eventually -- even though he was still crazy and still very dangerous.

I was listening live as well but I am more interested in the blow by blow as seems the level of danger was so I tense that Nathan was stalking Eva (and I think she knew deep down but didn't trust her instincts....) I think the physical symptoms she exhibited was proof she was aware but not wanting to admit.,,

Was thinking were thousand of miles apart but what about we arrange a time that as many as possible were on line together on 3 June discuss what we hope to find out in EWY 

And the again on 5th after we've read EWY 

Although some of us speed readers will have finished it before 4th has finished ! 

Anyone up for the idea ?

I'm in:)

Knowing that big spoiler question was going to come up later in the interview, I had pen and paper ready to take down exact quotes.

When the interviewer asked the question, he posed it in what's known in the media profession as a "close-ended question" -- a yes/no question. It's the most direct way to get a definitive answer about something. I know verbatim exactly what the question was and verbatim exactly what the answer was. "Yes. Yes he did."

What's interesting, though, is that the interviewer did NOT press Sylvia for details about exactly how Gideon did it. Because questions like that would be spoilers for Entwined, not Reflected. Reflected told us (via what Detective Graves said to Eva) how the police think he did it. But in Entwined, Eva will (finally!!!!) get the truth from Gideon himself, not second hand from a cop who clearly has an agenda of her own.

Was thinking were thousand of miles apart but what about we arrange a time that as many as possible were on line together on 3 June discuss what we hope to find out in EWY 

And the again on 5th after we've read EWY 

Although some of us speed readers will have finished it before 4th has finished ! 

Anyone up for the idea ?

I'm in:)

SPOILER THREADS, SPOILER THREADS, SPOILER THREADS!!!!!

Because yes, every one of us reads at different speeds. So there will be people already done with the book and raring to talk OMG!!!! even while other fans are still in the midst of reading. And who do NOT want the end ruined for themselves.

So we can start discussion threads very clearly marked "spoiler" -- fair warning to everyone who hasn't finished the book that if they don't want anything spoiled for them, hold off on entering the discussion until they've finished the book.

Knowing that big spoiler question was going to come up later in the interview, I had pen and paper ready to take down exact quotes.

When the interviewer asked the question, he posed it in what's known in the media profession as a "close-ended question" -- a yes/no question. It's the most direct way to get a definitive answer about something. I know verbatim exactly what the question was and verbatim exactly what the answer was. "Yes. Yes he did."

What's interesting, though, is that the interviewer did NOT press Sylvia for details about exactly how Gideon did it. Because questions like that would be spoilers for Entwined, not Reflected. Reflected told us (via what Detective Graves said to Eva) how the police think he did it. But in Entwined, Eva will (finally!!!!) get the truth from Gideon himself, not second hand from a cop who clearly has an agenda of her own.

This cop is after promotion, or revenge? Could she or a relation, have been ripped off by Geoffrey Cross as well? They all seem to blame Gideon even though he was a defenceless child.

This cop is after promotion, or revenge? Could she or a relation, have been ripped off by Geoffrey Cross as well? They all seem to blame Gideon even though he was a defenceless child.

We'll find out for sure what Graves' own motives are as the case plays out.

But right now, I don't believe for a second she and her partner unilaterally decided to drop the case. Cops, even homicide detectives, don't have that power -- it rests with the district attorney's office.

Nor do I believe her claim she burned her notes. Cops don't destroy investigation records,least of all in homicide cases, because there is no expiration date on arresting someone for murder (i.e. there is no "statute of limitations). Besides burning her notes wouldn't make the case file disappear anyway. What about that security videotape the cops seized from Stanton's office? Along with the warrant paperwork for the tape? How about the transcript of the interview Gideon gave Saturday morning at the police station? Did Graves burn all that stuff too? I think -- NOT.

Plus there's probably a lot more stuff in the file -- interview transcripts, copies of tapes and records gotten via warrants, that Eva doesn't even know about. Graves never mentioned a thing about the cops looking into Stanton, much less seizing copies of office videotape. Eva's mother told her about that. Who knows what else Graves kept from Eva. For that matter, who knows what Monica has been keeping from Eva as well. Monica has a very long, very bad habit herself of keeping things from Eva.

We'll find out for sure what Graves' own motives are as the case plays out.

But right now, I don't believe for a second she and her partner unilaterally decided to drop the case. Cops, even homicide detectives, don't have that power -- it rests with the district attorney's office.

Nor do I believe her claim she burned her notes. Cops don't destroy investigation records,least of all in homicide cases, because there is no expiration date on arresting someone for murder (i.e. there is no "statute of limitations). Besides burning her notes wouldn't make the case file disappear anyway. What about that security videotape the cops seized from Stanton's office? Along with the warrant paperwork for the tape? How about the transcript of the interview Gideon gave Saturday morning at the police station? Did Graves burn all that stuff too? I think -- NOT.

No one would drop such a high profile case as this, after such a short time, even if the victim was a scumbag.