The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that he will want to try, but is Eva really going for any of that? I was screaming at my kindle when she was kissing him in RIY, I can't even entertain her thinking about having anything with Brett.

As long as Gideon starts talking to Eva, she will know there's a future for them. Couldn't see Victor being thrilled if Eva hooked up with Brett again.

I'm hoping Victor saves his future son-in-law from prison, if Gideons plans go further pear shaped.

I believe Brett coming back to New York is going to be the solution to the Corrine problem. How?

• Sooner or later, the story about the major fist fight between Gideon and Brett a few weeks ago is bound to get out. There were too many witnesses. I suspect the only reason it hadn't gotten out yet was most of the key witnesses (band members, roadies, etc.) were still on the concert tour and they all left the New York area three nights later.
  • If people find out Gideon caught Eva in Brett's arms, it would make sense why Gideon "dumped" her. Even the cops would have a hard time arguing that.
  • Gideon supposedly dumping Eva for cheating -- almost a week before Nathan died -- makes a much stronger cover story that Gideon had no motive to want to kill for her. What guy would kill for a woman who got caught cheating red handed in front of other people?
  • Right now, Corrine is Gideon's cover story, but it's not a strong one, Isn't it just a little too convenient on the timing that Gideon started dating Corrine again a few nights before Nathan turned up dead?
  • It wouldn't be too hard for the authorities to dismantle the Corrine cover -- but the Brett situation is far more a convincing cover.

Mind you -- Eva doesn't have to "go out" with Brett in order for this to work. All she and Gideon need to do is just stand back and keep their mouths shut while the tabloids go nuts.  But once the tabloids do go nuts, no longer does Gideon have to feed them pictures of him out on dates with Corrine.

I believe Brett coming back to New York is going to be the solution to the Corrine problem. How?

• Sooner or later, the story about the major fist fight between Gideon and Brett a few weeks ago is bound to get out. There were too many witnesses. I suspect the only reason it hadn't gotten out yet was most of the key witnesses (band members, roadies, etc.) were still on the concert tour and they all left the New York area three nights later.
  • If people find out Gideon caught Eva in Brett's arms, it would make sense why Gideon "dumped" her. Even the cops would have a hard time arguing that.
  • Gideon supposedly dumping Eva for cheating -- almost a week before Nathan died -- makes a much stronger cover story that Gideon had no motive to want to kill for her. What guy would kill for a woman who got caught cheating red handed in front of other people?
  • Right now, Corrine is Gideon's cover story, but it's not a strong one, Isn't it just a little too convenient on the timing that Gideon started dating Corrine again a few nights before Nathan turned up dead?
  • It wouldn't be too hard for the authorities to dismantle the Corrine cover -- but the Brett situation is far more a convincing cover.

Mind you -- Eva doesn't have to "go out" with Brett in order for this to work. All she and Gideon need to do is just stand back and keep their mouths shut while the tabloids go nuts.  But once the tabloids do go nuts, no longer does Gideon have to feed them pictures of him out on dates with Corrine.

This is going to be an intense two weeks in this relationship. If this had happened in a normal relationship, I think one or the other would have said on your bike by now. Lol

This is very true but I think Brett will be in the picture till the end and not out of it until Eva finally becomes Mrs. Gideon Cross...

This is very true but I think Brett will be in the picture till the end and not out of it until Eva finally becomes Mrs. Gideon Cross...

When Brett asked Eva for a second chance (over lunch a couple of days after the kiss/fight) he wouldn't take "no" for a final answer. He said he wasn't going to give up. When she responded by telling him there wasn't a chance, his response was "prove it."

So I think when she does prove to him that he does not have any chance at all, he will finally give up. But as for now, as he comes back to New York, this is what he knows:

• Eva obviously still finds him sexually attractive. The kiss proved that.
  • When he showed up at her office hoping to possibly get to talk to her, she actually took him out to lunch.
  • They finally (over lunch) got to talk about why she had disappeared on him four years ago.
  • He got the chance to apologize, and she did accept it.
  • She claimed she was in love with Gideon Cross, but it was obvious at the time the relationship was in trouble (which it actually was).
  • The same week Eva kissed him and then took him out to lunch, Gideon Cross (so everyone believes) got back together with his former fiancee. It's even been in the tabloids.

Additionally, if Brett and Cary have been in contact behind Eva's back (which I suspect might be the case) then Brett would have been told Gideon "cheated" on Eva, Eva dumped him because he didn't have the courage to end it himself, and they're not even on speaking terms anymore. And after spending some time licking her wounds, Eva is emerging stronger than ever. 

When Brett asked Eva for a second chance (over lunch a couple of days after the kiss/fight) he wouldn't take "no" for a final answer. He said he wasn't going to give up. When she responded by telling him there wasn't a chance, his response was "prove it."

So I think when she does prove to him that he does not have any chance at all, he will finally give up. But as for now, as he comes back to New York, this is what he knows:

• Eva obviously still finds him sexually attractive. The kiss proved that.
  • When he showed up at her office hoping to possibly get to talk to her, she actually took him out to lunch.
  • They finally (over lunch) got to talk about why she had disappeared on him four years ago.
  • He got the chance to apologize, and she did accept it.
  • She claimed she was in love with Gideon Cross, but it was obvious at the time the relationship was in trouble (which it actually was).
  • The same week Eva kissed him and then took him out to lunch, Gideon Cross (so everyone believes) got back together with his former fiancee. It's even been in the tabloids.
Additionally, if Brett and Cary have been in contact behind Eva's back (which I suspect might be the case) then Brett would have been told Gideon "cheated" on Eva, Eva dumped him because he didn't have the courage to end it himself, and they're not even on speaking terms anymore. And after spending some time licking her wounds, Eva is emerging stronger than ever. 
Cary and Brett knew each other I gather from when they all lived in San Diego. It seems like our Cary does like to do a bit of stirring occasionally. He can't seem to get a grip on his life, shaking up other people's aswell.

Yes Julie, but he did not send her away immediately. He said "where do we go from here?" I think it was after this that Gideon was alerted that Eva was followed. Now we go to first chapter of Entwined where Eva is riding in a car back to her place mulling over what had just transpired. She gets home, showers, and comes out of the shower to find her love waiting in her bedroom...

Hi Sscrph,

wonder whether chapter one will cover all of the questions that members in the forum have been asking since the release of all of the snippets?  I hope it does.  The scenario that you laid out is plausible though.  I am now waiting for May 7th to finally get some answers.

Cary and Brett knew each other I gather from when they all lived in San Diego. It seems like our Cary does like to do a bit of stirring occasionally. He can't seem to get a grip on his life, shaking up other people's aswell.

Hi Julie54,

If you go back to the very beginning of BTY, you could see that Cary liked vto make mischief.  If you look at the scene where Eva, Monica and Cary were at the spa, Cary began to "stir the pot" by asking Monica about Gideon and what she knew about him.  Cary also spilled the beans to Monica about Gideon's interest in Eva.  What was up with that?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Cary's best interest is Eva and the same back.   He wants happily ever after and he keeps on messing up his own life.  I don't believe he actually called Brett but definitely keeping eyes on him.   I wonder if Eva knew EWY (we will soon find out) that Brett was coming back to NY.   Did he call her or did Cary mention it?

I'm not sure how far the gym is from his place but Angus would have driven him.   He was definitely shocked when he saw Eva.  Clancy drove Eva's to Gideon.   I wonder if she was actually followed.   

Hi Julie54,

If you go back to the very beginning of BTY, you could see that Cary liked vto make mischief.  If you look at the scene where Eva, Monica and Cary were at the spa, Cary began to "stir the pot" by asking Monica about Gideon and what she knew about him.  Cary also spilled the beans to Monica about Gideon's interest in Eva.  What was up with that?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

As much as Cary loves Eva , he does love to yank her chain. She tries to help him, but gets it thrown back at her.

Hi Sscrph,

wonder whether chapter one will cover all of the questions that members in the forum have been asking since the release of all of the snippets?  I hope it does.  The scenario that you laid out is plausible though.  I am now waiting for May 7th to finally get some answers.

No Gigi I do not think this is the case .I think the real answers will come in chapter 4 when they are in the tub together (remember the snapshot). As I have stated before, it will serve as a confessional of sorts...

No Gigi I do not think this is the case .I think the real answers will come in chapter 4 when they are in the tub together (remember the snapshot). As I have stated before, it will serve as a confessional of sorts...

So then we are back to the nail biting and hand wringing...sigh!  Oh boy, somehow I think that the release of the first chapter on May 7th may do more harm than good.  How are we going to survive another whole month with that big fat juicy carrot dangling in front of us? :)

I found it an odd coincidence, two evenings before Reflected ends (i.e. Monday evening) Cary just so happened to tell Eva about a radio station interview Brett had given the day before. Cary never showed her the online transcript -- only mentioned that Brett told an interviewer he (Brett) hoped to get back together with Eva. Cary suggested Brett as "rebound man" already lined up. Meanwhile, the snapshots and the Brett snippet strongly suggest Brett's going to show up back in New York in the next few days (i.e. the first couple of days into Entwined.)

I think Brett and Cary have been talking that last week of Reflected. Which one called first? Cary's been sitting around laid up, recovering from his injuries and too much time on his hands. Meanwhile, Brett's been out on the road but probably reading all about Gideon and Corrine online, thinking his (Brett's) way back to Eva is clear. If he wanted to arrange to be able to start actively chasing  Eva as soon as he got back to town, looking for help from her best friend/roommate is a great idea.

One last thing - the same Monday Cary brought up the subject of Brett to Eva happened to be the same day when Gideon and Eva had some limited contact earlier that day at the Crossfire. Gideon had given Eva back her promise ring. Eva confessed being confused. If I were Cary -- seeing how Eva had started to emerge more independent and strong over the last weekend -- was in danger of getting sucked right back into the Gideon heartache, I'd be tempted to help Brett see Eva.

So then we are back to the nail biting and hand wringing...sigh!  Oh boy, somehow I think that the release of the first chapter on May 7th may do more harm than good.  How are we going to survive another whole month with that big fat juicy carrot dangling in front of us? :)

I totally agree I'm not sure I want to read it but I would like more snippets to make that month pass quickly!!

Hi Julie54,

I agree. I think Cary gets off stirring the pot as much as he possibly can.

Yes Julie, but he did not send her away immediately. He said "where do we go from here?" I think it was after this that Gideon was alerted that Eva was followed. Now we go to first chapter of Entwined where Eva is riding in a car back to her place mulling over what had just transpired. She gets home, showers, and comes out of the shower to find her love waiting in her bedroom...

Hi Sscrph,

Is it me or does Gideon have some inkling that Eva isn't going to leave him for good?  Sylvia described the final scene in EWY as Eva saying Where ever this takes us together."  Wouldn't that have been enough of a clue for Gideon to know that Eva wasn't going to leave him?  Is Gideon aware that the detective had been spilling her guts about the murder or did Gideon not bother to ask why Eva had come to his apartment?

Hi everyone,

Just when I thought I was going to get a reprieve here, I lost yet another one of my postings.  So here I go again (one day I will learn to copy and paste my responses just in case I lost yet another posting).   If Gideon did in fact kill Nathan for Eva (to be confirmed June 4th), then what difference would it make to Eva to have all of the information about what happened to Nathan? 

Eva would have known that on some level, Gideon loved or still may love her. 

1. Gideon never killed for Corinne or anyone else (we the reader know of or have speculated about).
  2. Gideon never slept with Corinne anywhere else but at the hotel.  Gideon slept with Eva in many different locations and both initiated s** equally.
  3. Whatever Gideon may have been saying to Eva, his actions spoke volumes.  He eliminated Eva’s greatest physical threat.

Would those actions not have been enough to allay Eva’s insecurities?  Would Eva need to know everything all at once or could she look at the situation and say to herself that she will eventually get all of the pertinent facts from Gideon one day? 

Hi everyone,

Something else just occurred to me, we are all basing our speculations on snippets. Is our Gideon as insecure as he appears to be or are we all being sent on a wild goose chase? All we have to go on are the final words that Gideon and Eva spoke to one another at the end of RIY and those words seemed very positive to me. It didn't seem like one or the other was going to leave their love.

He caught me to him, his arms banded tight around me. His face pressed into my throat. "Where do we go from here."

I held him. "Wherever this takes us. Together."

Those words seem really positive to me. I also think that there is a lot of hope for these two. Could it be that there won't be as much drama in the next book? What does everyone think?

I agree that he will want to try, but is Eva really going for any of that? I was screaming at my kindle when she was kissing him in RIY, I can't even entertain her thinking about having anything with Brett.

Hi Kirsten,

I was wondering do you think that Eva still holds a torch for Brett or do you think that given the circumstances Eva decided to punish Gideon for how he had been acting towards her.  When I went back and read the scene over again, it was Brett who grabbed Eva.  Brett closed in on Eva's space and Eva had nowhere to go or no way to retreat.  If I am not mistaken it was Brett who initiated the kiss as well. 

It seemed like Eva was going to get kissed whether she wanted to or not.  Could it be that for one split second, Eva fell back into that submissive role with Brett.  He took what he wanted without taking Eva's feelings into consideration (just like he used to treat her like crap when she slept with him wherever and whenever he could and then went and bragged about it to his friends). 

Eva never mentioned Brett and she found out about him and his band she did everything within her power to avoid him.  The memory of Brett and how she acted while she was with him, brought back memories of shame and regret.  Eva didn't really mention a physical attraction until he forced his kiss on her and she finally responded.  Is that really attraction or is that just a fond memory being relived?  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

Hi Kirsten,

I was wondering do you think that Eva still holds a torch for Brett or do you think that given the circumstances Eva decided to punish Gideon for how he had been acting towards her.  When I went back and read the scene over again, it was Brett who grabbed Eva.  Brett closed in on Eva's space and Eva had nowhere to go or no way to retreat.  If I am not mistaken it was Brett who initiated the kiss as well. 

It seemed like Eva was going to get kissed whether she wanted to or not.  Could it be that for one split second, Eva fell back into that submissive role with Brett.  He took what he wanted without taking Eva's feelings into consideration (just like he used to treat her like crap when she slept with him wherever and whenever he could and then went and bragged about it to his friends). 

Eva never mentioned Brett and she found out about him and his band she did everything within her power to avoid him.  The memory of Brett and how she acted while she was with him, brought back memories of shame and regret.  Eva didn't really mention a physical attraction until he forced his kiss on her and she finally responded.  Is that really attraction or is that just a fond memory being relived?  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

Eva, started kissing Brett back, to get back at Gideon. She wanted him to feel how she feels when Corrine rears her pretty little head.

She wanted him to feel the pain of her jealousy, which was exactly what happened when Gideon saw them kissing. He basically went into free fall . Must be terrible for the poor girl, feeling like this anyway, then having to watch Corrine flaunt herself at Gideon to try and win him back. What a witch!

Hi everyone,

Just when I thought I was going to get a reprieve here, I lost yet another one of my postings.  So here I go again (one day I will learn to copy and paste my responses just in case I lost yet another posting).   If Gideon did in fact kill Nathan for Eva (to be confirmed June 4th), then what difference would it make to Eva to have all of the information about what happened to Nathan? 

Eva would have known that on some level, Gideon loved or still may love her. 

• Gideon never killed for Corinne or anyone else (we the reader know of or have speculated about).
  • Gideon never slept with Corinne anywhere else but at the hotel.  Gideon slept with Eva in many different locations and both initiated s** equally.
  • Whatever Gideon may have been saying to Eva, his actions spoke volumes.  He eliminated Eva’s greatest physical threat.
Would those actions not have been enough to allay Eva’s insecurities?  Would Eva need to know everything all at once or could she look at the situation and say to herself that she will eventually get all of the pertinent facts from Gideon one day? 
I think that as long as Gideon starts opening up to Eva, this will give her hope that they have a future together. It is his secrets and non disclosure of facts that are causing the problems.

Hey! You just admitted to Gideon eliminating Eva's greatest physical threat? Have you come over to the dark side lady??? Choking on my coffee here!

Hi Kirsten,

Brett definitely initiated the kiss and after a beat Eva did kiss him back and somewhat rather passionately according to later descriptions but I think it was like she said that she was relieved that she was a little more than a quick lay to Brett and it made her feel relieved and a little better about herself back then "it soothed something hurting inside her" is how she described it but she is definitely in love with G