The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Just sitting here thinking, it's like 2 stories, running along side by side. If you don't get the clues and red herrings, the story still makes sense. Then you get down to the nitty gritty. Everything we discuss here gives the story so much more depth. All the possibilities are endless.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Detectives have anything to do with Geoffrey Cross.   

I agree. But I wonder whether one of the prosecutors higher up on the food chain had something to do with Geoffrey Cross -- had been the prosecutor who charged Geoffrey with the Ponzi scheme and was thrilled to be able to prosecute such a high profile case that would also earn that prosecutor lots of personal brownie points among the rich and powerful of New York.

Geoffrey slipped through the prosecutor's fingers by blowing his own head off. That was around 23 years ago -- not so long ago that everyone involved in that financial crime case would have been retired by now. So wouldn't it be a "gift" to be able to cap off a long career by sending Geoffrey Cross' only son, a billionaire, to prison.

I agree with you KiMa that every last thing Detective Graves told Eva is NOT absolutely true. Graves may think she's got it all figured out. But she may have gotten some things wrong. It's even possible she said certainly things to deliberately mislead Eva (cops do mislead people when trying to trap them.) Some of the stuff Graves said may have been half truths or even lies.

All we know right now is "these are the things that Graves said to Eva." That is NOT the same thing as "this is exactly what happened." As far as Graves goes, there's only one thing we know for certain - Nathan is dead.

But as far as Sylvia saying "Yes. Yes he did" when an interviewer asked her point-blank whether Gideon killed Nathan for Eva, that part is true. On her Facebook and Twitter pages, hours before that live interview was scheduled to happen, Sylvia announced she was going to appear live on that radio show, and she gave fans links to be able to tune into the radio station via live Internet streaming.

Several members of this forum listened live, including me -- and the former journalist in me took careful notes. She said he did it -- and she said it in a very straightforward manner. Nothing evasive about it -- the interviewer asked her a point-blank yes/no question, and she answered yes. She knew beforehand too that the host was planning to ask what really happened at the end of Reflected in You, because the guy said so as much very early in the live interview.

You know LN when she said Yes. Yes he DID. I was floored. Of course I thought Gideon did it, but hearing her confirm it, all I could think is did she really just say that? Then I thought oh she must be reading our back and forth, I felt like she was talking to our crew here. :)

You know LN when she said Yes. Yes he DID. I was floored. Of course I thought Gideon did it, but hearing her confirm it, all I could think is did she really just say that? Then I thought oh she must be reading our back and forth, I felt like she was talking to our crew here. :)

I was floored too, Kirsten -- floored that she actually answered that question. All along, I believed he had. But I was shocked that Sylvia would actually answer the ultimate Reflected spoiler question instead of sidestepping it with a "wait until June."

But when I thought about it more, I realized we all were going to find out before June 4 anyway. She's releasing Chapter One of Entwined early, on May 7. That picks up right where Reflected leaves off, and Reflected leaves off with Eva now in Gideon's arms, and him knowing she just found out about the murder investigation directly from Detective Graves herself. And from the official book excerpt, we know that one hour later, Gideon sneaks into Eva's bedroom in order to have the most important conversation they'll have ever had as a couple.

I was floored too, Kirsten -- floored that she actually answered that question. All along, I believed he had. But I was shocked that Sylvia would actually answer the ultimate Reflected spoiler question instead of sidestepping it with a "wait until June."

But when I thought about it more, I realized we all were going to find out before June 4 anyway. She's releasing Chapter One of Entwined early, on May 7. That picks up right where Reflected leaves off, and Reflected leaves off with Eva now in Gideon's arms, and him knowing she just found out about the murder investigation directly from Detective Graves herself. And from the official book excerpt, we know that one hour later, Gideon sneaks into Eva's bedroom in order to have the most important conversation they'll have ever had as a couple.

True, but still I'm shocked. :) I know Sylvia posted that blurry picture of the opening paragraph of EWY. Do you think Eva is on her way back to her apartment where Gideon shows up an hour later? LN since you are familiar with the business why do you think they pushed back the date of EWY?

Sylvia's explained the reasoning about why June 4 was set in stone as the date the novel comes out -- so that the logistics are all in place to make sure the release goes smoothly. Among the things they want to avoid have happening is running out of copies right away in some places, like what happened with Reflected.

I was delighted to hear the first chapter is coming out as a teaser on May 7. The early release of the first chapter of a coming best-seller does happen in the publishing world with big authors sometimes. For example, later this year Stephen King has a sequel to the book The Shining is being released in September. But the first chapter of that book, Dr. Sleep, already is out and has been for a while now.

True, but still I'm shocked. :) I know Sylvia posted that blurry picture of the opening paragraph of EWY. Do you think Eva is on her way back to her apartment where Gideon shows up an hour later? LN since you are familiar with the business why do you think they pushed back the date of EWY?

We don't know yet why it is Eva apparently had to run away from Gideon's place almost right away, before they had a chance to really talk. But we do know that for some reason it was "dangerous" for him to come to her apartment an hour later to talk -- so it had to have somehow been dangerous for her to be at his place that evening.

My guess: the cops followed her when Clancy drove her from the Krav Maga studio to Gideon's apartment building. Sometime soon after, Gideon arrived home from working out to find Eva sitting on his doorstep. What happened next, after they hugged?

Only May 7 will tell, when we get to read that entire first page -- that entire first chapter.

This really doesn't have anything to do with the topic, but; does anyone know if Gideon has a middle name?

Maybe we will find out it was all one of Eva's nightmares and Gideon didn't commit actual murder (ha ha)

Nope, we don't know Gideon's middle name. But we do know Eva's -- it's Lauren. 

Sorry for chiming in soo late on this and not to add fire to the flame but I think the potential confusion which has resulted in such passionate defense/comments stem from the fact that when SD "supposedly" confirmed Gideon killed Nathan and hinted that this was the only option, folks took this and stretch this in such a way to believe the details surrounding Nathan's death is as described by Detective Graves...

I for one do not believe Nathan'a demise was as described by Detective Graves, and with SD's follow-up hints that Nathan was in mental institution and that is where he would have gone back to, makes me think there are VARIOUS pertinent details that we need and we should just (as frustrating as it is) wait for June 4th ( in my case till the final page turner before I will fully understand things and see how things play out)

Hi KiMa
You make a very keen observation.  I agree that everything may not be as it seems.  In order to have all the facts we will have to wait until June 4th to come to a final decision.  I think that the good detective is a liar.  I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth.  Again we will have to wait and see. 

I'm guessing because Gideon didn't go to the vidals the only way his mother would or could see him is if she went to him, that would explain her being in his house.!

Hi MrsCrossfire,

I think that may be an accurate assessment of the facts.  Quite frankly I couldn't see Gideon inviting his mother over for tea or to watch a football game. 

Hi Donnad,
I don't think that Elizabeth Vidal would call her son before going over to his house.  I think that if Gideon got any advance warning that his mother wanted to come over for a visit, he would have made himself scarce or made excuses as to why his mother couldn't come by for a visit. 

If Gideon hated is mother as much as many people have suggested, then it wouldn't make sense that Gideon would entertain visits from his mother. Could it be that the only way Elizabeth Vidal got to visit her son was by ambushing him either at home or at work?  What does everyone else think?

Soon after this forum started buzzing about the fact Sylvia confirmed in an interview that Gideon did it, she popped into the discussion threads to tell us some important background stuff about Nathan, stuff I can pretty much sum up like this:

Had Nathan murdered Eva, he never would have stood trial. It's likely he would have been declared mentally incompetent and hospitalized in a locked psychiatric unit. And probably would have gotten out some day. Just like he did all those years ago after being locked up in a mental hospital because he raped Eva. He got out eventually -- even though he was still crazy and still very dangerous.

That's not what Sylvia said.  Let all the forum members go back and read for themselves what exactly Sylvia said.  She said it was a concern or a possibility.  Sylvia was having that discussion with me, not you.  Do not put your two cents into this.  Each forum member can decide for themselves how exactly this would have played out.  You are taking one or two postings out of context.

Please, to the forum members, if anyone cares about what went on, go back for yourselves and read the entire thread.  The questions and comments that I made will make more sense.  Thank you. 

This cop is after promotion, or revenge? Could she or a relation, have been ripped off by Geoffrey Cross as well? They all seem to blame Gideon even though he was a defenceless child.

Hi Julie54,

I agree the detective is definately out to make a name for herself.  I just don't know if she will be able to convince a DA to take on prosecuting Gideon Cross.  If the man/woman has half a brain he/she wouldn't touch a case like this with a ten foot pole. 

Hi Donnad,

I don't think that Elizabeth Vidal would call her son before going over to his house.  I think that if Gideon got any advance warning that his mother wanted to come over for a visit, he would have made himself scarce or made excuses as to why his mother couldn't come by for a visit. 

If Gideon hated is mother as much as many people have suggested, then it wouldn't make sense that Gideon would entertain visits from his mother. Could it be that the only way Elizabeth Vidal got to visit her son was by ambushing him either at home or at work?  What does everyone else think?

Your right there Gigi .

At the Vidal garden party, Eva said, "he greeted her with all the warmth of an article storm". As you say the only way Elizabeth was going to see her son, was to turn up unannounced.

Soon after this forum started buzzing about the fact Sylvia confirmed in an interview that Gideon did it, she popped into the discussion threads to tell us some important background stuff about Nathan, stuff I can pretty much sum up like this:

Had Nathan murdered Eva, he never would have stood trial. It's likely he would have been declared mentally incompetent and hospitalized in a locked psychiatric unit. And probably would have gotten out some day. Just like he did all those years ago after being locked up in a mental hospital because he raped Eva. He got out eventually -- even though he was still crazy and still very dangerous.

I agree!  I think that's what scared Gideon the most (if Nathan was arrested) and why he felt that he had to murder Nathan--

He would never again be a threat to Eva..