The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi LNCronan,

I like the fact that Gideon took his sister to the Vidal Record Event instead of Corinne. I think that Gideon was taking Eva’s suggestion about him getting to know his sister better and it would also be a really kind way of not rubbing the Corinne relationship/alibi in Eva’s face. The thought of Corinne still upsets Eva somewhat, so what Gideon did was nice. What do you think? What does everyone think?

Seriously, though -- Gideon asked Eva to trust him blindly about Corrine back when Gideon was behaving in a way (lying by omission to Eva) that gave Eva every single good reason to NOT trust him. But on her own, facing her own inner demons while Gideon still was lying to her, Eva herself came to trust Gideon wasn't sleeping with Corrine and never would again.

Now Gideon, by his own doing, is forced into a position where he's got to trust Eva about Brett. No matter what Brett tries to say or tries to do to win Eva back, Gideon has got to trust none of it will work. And now Gideon's got the scarier task, because Gideon knows a part of Eva does want to jump Brett's bones, while Eva is safe knowing Gideon doesn't desire Corrine at all.

Great growth opportunity for Gideon to work on his own inner demons about insecurity and jealousy.

Hi LNCronan,

I think that part of the storyline could be one of the best parts of the book. Although Eva does have some feelings for Brett, they pale in comparison to what she has with Gideon!

With Gideon she has her self respect(she came into the relationship with her own sense of self respect and dignity), with Brett she never had any (she lost her self respect and dignity). With Gideon she is trying to establish open and honest communication (well she is trying and thick headed Gideon is dragging his feet), with Brett she had none.

Hi LNCronan,

I agree with you. Hold on….have the heavens opened up? :) I think that the budding relationship between Gideon and Ireland could be a really good thing for both of them. It would give Gideon the sense of family that he never had and Ireland the opportunity to get to know the brother she has always idolized.

I also think that by bringing Ireland along, Gideon avoids putting any undue stress or pressure that is on his and Eva’s relationship (or lack thereof right now). It would at any rate, help their future relationship. What do you think? What does everyone think?

I sincerely hope we are right in assuming that the new snapshot photo of the coffee and business page refers to Eva's blossoming career. In the last book when Eva became "new" Eva she mentions that she got caught in the orbit of a rich and powerful man and it will be nice to see her put her professional foot forward and hopefully on her way to happiness both personally and professionally.

Hi LNCronan,

I agree with you. Hold on….have the heavens opened up? :) I think that the budding relationship between Gideon and Ireland could be a really good thing for both of them. It would give Gideon the sense of family that he never had and Ireland the opportunity to get to know the brother she has always idolized.

I also think that by bringing Ireland along, Gideon avoids putting any undue stress or pressure that is on his and Eva’s relationship (or lack thereof right now). It would at any rate, help their future relationship. What do you think? What does everyone think?

Yes Gideon is well aware of how much he hurt Eva with CORINNEGATE and probably even somewhat worried about her interactions with Brett at this point so I think he doesn't want to do anything else to rock the boat.

Hi everyone,

Something just occurred to me. Thus far, the media hasn’t caught wind of this entire Nathan murder fiasco. The good detectives haven’t spilled the beans and no one regardless of their camp is going to say a d**n thing about this entire scenario, so how on earth would it come out that Gideon is the main person of interest?

Wouldn’t the detectives be shooting themselves in the foot if they leaked that kind of information to the media? Thus far, all they have are a bunch of suspicions and suppositions. They don’t have one piece of physical evidence or any tangible proof. So if the media gets wind of this story who would be the first to leak the information. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter? What does everyone think?

Hi everyone,

Something just occurred to me. Thus far, the media hasn’t caught wind of this entire Nathan murder fiasco. The good detectives haven’t spilled the beans and no one regardless of their camp is going to say a d**n thing about this entire scenario, so how on earth would it come out that Gideon is the main person of interest?

Wouldn’t the detectives be shooting themselves in the foot if they leaked that kind of information to the media? Thus far, all they have are a bunch of suspicions and suppositions. They don’t have one piece of physical evidence or any tangible proof. So if the media gets wind of this story who would be the first to leak the information. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter? What does everyone think?

I think the detectives have to be very careful where Gideon is concerned because he is a very wealthy and powerful man but mostly because they have no hard evidence just a far fetched theory that he would be able to start a fire in his own hotel undetected and leave for half an hour to kill a man .I mean when you say it like that it just sounds ludicrous and they look like fools for proposing such a scenario..What do you all think?

Hi everyone,

Trust me -- and this is coming from 12 years of having been a reporter who covered cops & court, including murder cases from bodies being found to killers being sentences -- the cops almost never publicly name suspects prior to making an arrest. Probably the only exception to the rule is in domestic killings, where they might indicate a spouse/partner is under suspicion.

In fact, the cops say as little as possible to the media about the circumstances of the death itself. For very good reason too. If a person (be it the suspect himself/herself trying to cover tracks, or a witness) knows facts that were never made public, that's proof the person has actual knowledge about what happened. 

Honest to God, prior to any arrest being made, it was like pulling teeth to get the cops to release any sort of details beyond the name of the deceased, how/when the body was discovered, and the official cause of death (and with that last one, most of the time they made us reporters wait until after the autopsy was done.)

Why do you think when the cops showed up at Eva's, Gideon cleverly side-stepped the question about knowing who Nathan was. The main reason was if he said "no" he'd be caught in a lie. But equally important -- the cops had not yet even said Nathan was dead, let alone murdered. So Gideon played dumb about why the cops would even be asking about Nathan.

Interesting that Gideon brought Ireland and not Corinne to this event...

Ireland's father and or brother, Christopher Jr., would have brought her along to a Vidal Records event, not Gideon. As a rule, he went out of his way to avoid family functions, which is one of the reasons he barely knew Ireland. My guess is Gideon showed up on his own, possibly knowing ahead of time Brett Kline would be in attendance. Gideon latched onto Ireland (or more likely she latched onto him) after he arrived.

But it's a pretty safe bet Gideon didn't bring Corrine along. Eva's insecurities about Corrine is what had been driving Eva into Brett's arms in the past (from the kiss at the concert to taking Brett to lunch in direct retaliation for Gideon having taken Corrine to dinner.) Even though Eva appears to have finally moved past her raging insecurity/jealousy issue about Corrine, Gideon wouldn't have taken any chances. Because he's got insecurity/jealousy issues about Brett for good reason -- a part of Eva does want to jump Brett's bones.

Ireland's father and or brother, Christopher Jr., would have brought her along to a Vidal Records event, not Gideon. As a rule, he went out of his way to avoid family functions, which is one of the reasons he barely knew Ireland. My guess is Gideon showed up on his own, possibly knowing ahead of time Brett Kline would be in attendance. Gideon latched onto Ireland (or more likely she latched onto him) after he arrived.

But it's a pretty safe bet Gideon didn't bring Corrine along. Eva's insecurities about Corrine is what had been driving Eva into Brett's arms in the past (from the kiss at the concert to taking Brett to lunch in direct retaliation for Gideon having taken Corrine to dinner.) Even though Eva appears to have finally moved past her raging insecurity/jealousy issue about Corrine, Gideon wouldn't have taken any chances. Because he's got insecurity/jealousy issues about Brett for good reason -- a part of Eva does want to jump Brett's bones.

You're right ---your explanation makes more sense.

Would LOVE to hear the conservation that took place between Gideon/Ireland and Eva/Cary!

I love that this new snippet includes more characters that just Gideon and Eva .

I think Ireland is there as part of the Vidal family. But I wonder that when she sees Eva she seeks Gideon out to go and talk with Eva

Ireland sees how Eva effect Gideon in a good way how he listens to Eva am sure Ireland wants them together as accouple as much as .â€we the reader want them together .

I love that this new snippet includes more characters that just Gideon and Eva .

I think Ireland is there as part of the Vidal family. But I wonder that when she sees Eva she seeks Gideon out to go and talk with Eva

Ireland sees how Eva effect Gideon in a good way how he listens to Eva am sure Ireland wants them together as accouple as much as .â€we the reader want them together .

Excellent point, Shaz. Ireland most certainly would be on Team Eva. Here's my theory of events that immediately came before this snippet:

• Ireland's father and or brother Christopher brought her to this event in Times Square, where Vidal Records happens to have a tent.
  • Gideon probably knew ahead of time Brett Kline would be there (it is, after all, a PR-type of event, which are very carefully planned in advance.)
  • Because Brett would be there, Gideon couldn't help himself from going -- if anything just to keep an eye on the guy from a distance.
  • Eva may or may not have known beforehand Brett would be there. I get the impression though, she was caught by surprise, and the only reason she had even gone to this event was Cary talked her into it. It wouldn't be the first time Cary "forgot" to warn her Brett was gonna be somewhere (remember the concert.) She also may have assumed Gideon wouldn't be in the Vidal Records tent (because Gideon avoids his family whenever possible.)
  • As soon as Ireland spotted Gideon, she latched onto him.
  • As soon as Brett spotted Eva, he latched onto her.
  • Then Ireland spotted Eva and Cary, and decided to talk Gideon into going over to talk to Eva. The last time Ireland saw Gideon and Eva together was the night before they broke up. Now Ireland, idealistic teenager she is, has decided to jump at a chance to get maybe Gideon to talk to Eva. So   Ireland immediately started pestering Gideon "let's go talk to Eva and Cary."
  • Gideon probably carefully watched from a distance as Brett buzzed around Eva and Cary, not yet daring to approach. Kept saying "no" to Ireland, who continued to pester him instead of taking "no" for an answer.
  • Soon as Brett stepped away, Gideon acted like he "gave in" to Ireland and agreed to allow himself to be dragged over to see Eva and Cary with her.

All of the assumptions below are are based on my guess that at this exact moment of the story (the snippet) three things are still secret: 1. Gideon and Eva are sneaking around 2. Folks don't yet know Eva is "Golden" (but I bet the secret's about to get out.) 3. No one knows yet about the Brett-Eva kiss, Brett-Gideon fight yet (another secret that might get out before this PR event is over.) If all three facts are true, then:

• It would have been dangerous for Gideon to approach Eva on his own and be seen talking to her on his own, even with Cary standing there. It's especially dangerous because photographers lurk at PR events. 
  • In any case, it would have been really risky for Gideon to go anywhere near Eva when Brett was standing right next to her, (given what happened the last time the three of them were in immediate proximity.)
  • But Ireland being the one to approach Eva, with Gideon going along but then hanging back to let Ireland chat with both Eva and Cary would be OK. Just as long as Gideon is careful to make sure he doesn't get too close and there aren't any photographers near Eva nor following him.
  • Gideon could stand there off to the side looking distant but simply indulging Ireland, nothing more. Ireland is still only a teenager, so Gideon could convincingly argue that if Ireland insisted on wanting to go see Eva and Cary, it was only proper for Gideon to walk her over there.
  • Meanwhile, Gideon could eavesdrop on the whole Eva-Ireland-Cary discussion.
  • As an added bonus, when Brett came walking back toward Eva, if he saw Gideon nearby, he might do the smart thing by staying back. Brett too would be smart enough to realize it'd be risky (bad career move) to be within the proverbial 100 feet of Gideon Cross, especially with Eva there.

Excellent point, Shaz. Ireland most certainly would be on Team Eva. Here's my theory of events that immediately came before this snippet:

• Ireland's father and or brother Christopher brought her to this event in Times Square, where Vidal Records happens to have a tent.
  • Gideon probably knew ahead of time Brett Kline would be there (it is, after all, a PR-type of event, which are very carefully planned in advance.)
  • Because Brett would be there, Gideon couldn't help himself from going -- if anything just to keep an eye on the guy from a distance.
  • Eva may or may not have known beforehand Brett would be there. I get the impression though, she was caught by surprise, and the only reason she had even gone to this event was Cary talked her into it. It wouldn't be the first time Cary "forgot" to warn her Brett was gonna be somewhere (remember the concert.) She also may have assumed Gideon wouldn't be in the Vidal Records tent (because Gideon avoids his family whenever possible.)
  • As soon as Ireland spotted Gideon, she latched onto him.
  • As soon as Brett spotted Eva, he latched onto her.
  • Then Ireland spotted Eva and Cary, and decided to talk Gideon into going over to talk to Eva. The last time Ireland saw Gideon and Eva together was the night before they broke up. Now Ireland, idealistic teenager she is, has decided to jump at a chance to get maybe Gideon to talk to Eva. So   Ireland immediately started pestering Gideon "let's go talk to Eva and Cary."
  • Gideon probably carefully watched from a distance as Brett buzzed around Eva and Cary, not yet daring to approach. Kept saying "no" to Ireland, who continued to pester him instead of taking "no" for an answer.
  • Soon as Brett stepped away, Gideon acted like he "gave in" to Ireland and agreed to allow himself to be dragged over to see Eva and Cary with her.

All of the assumptions below are are based on my guess that at this exact moment of the story (the snippet) three things are still secret: 1. Gideon and Eva are sneaking around 2. Folks don't yet know Eva is "Golden" (but I bet the secret's about to get out.) 3. No one knows yet about the Brett-Eva kiss, Brett-Gideon fight yet (another secret that might get out before this PR event is over.) If all three facts are true, then:

• It would have been dangerous for Gideon to approach Eva on his own and be seen talking to her on his own, even with Cary standing there. It's especially dangerous because photographers lurk at PR events. 
  • In any case, it would have been really risky for Gideon to go anywhere near Eva when Brett was standing right next to her, (given what happened the last time the three of them were in immediate proximity.)
  • But Ireland being the one to approach Eva, with Gideon going along but then hanging back to let Ireland chat with both Eva and Cary would be OK. Just as long as Gideon is careful to make sure he doesn't get too close and there aren't any photographers near Eva nor following him.
  • Gideon could stand there off to the side looking distant but simply indulging Ireland, nothing more. Ireland is still only a teenager, so Gideon could convincingly argue that if Ireland insisted on wanting to go see Eva and Cary, it was only proper for Gideon to walk her over there.
  • Meanwhile, Gideon could eavesdrop on the whole Eva-Ireland-Cary discussion.
  • As an added bonus, when Brett came walking back toward Eva, if he saw Gideon nearby, he might do the smart thing by staying back. Brett too would be smart enough to realize it'd be risky (bad career move) to be within the proverbial 100 feet of Gideon Cross, especially with Eva there.

I love your thinking . Add this thought to it. Snap shot 1 the newspaper and pen. Keep that in mind.

Brett leaks to the newspaper prior to their concert in Time Square that Eva Tramell is the Eva in golden the song penned while they were apart but now he hopes they will re connect!

That might be the reason Gideon attends the Vidal records concert to keep an eye on Brett and a chance o se his angel

I'm convinced, Shaz, that Eva and Gideon are conspiring to make sure the story about the fight gets out. It was bound to get out sooner or later anyway, but the story can be be a huge help in getting the cops to back off. Eva is NOT going to actively use Brett like Gideon did with Corrine, but she is going to allow Gideon, master of media manipulation, to let pieces of the supposed Brett-Eva story slip out.

If the tabloids start screaming that Eva "cheated" on Gideon with her old lover, Brett the rock star who wrote a hit love song about Eva, that would have given Gideon an excellent reason to have dumped Eva. Dumped her almost a week before "someone else"  killed Nathan. So why would Gideon kill Nathan over a cheating now-ex girlfriend?

Not only does this help solve the cop problem, it makes it less necessary for Gideon to keep maintaining the first cover story -- he dumped Eva because Corrine came running back to him and begged him for another shot -- a chance he decided to give Corrine.

Trust me -- and this is coming from 12 years of having been a reporter who covered cops & court, including murder cases from bodies being found to killers being sentences -- the cops almost never publicly name suspects prior to making an arrest. Probably the only exception to the rule is in domestic killings, where they might indicate a spouse/partner is under suspicion.

In fact, the cops say as little as possible to the media about the circumstances of the death itself. For very good reason too. If a person (be it the suspect himself/herself trying to cover tracks, or a witness) knows facts that were never made public, that's proof the person has actual knowledge about what happened. 

Honest to God, prior to any arrest being made, it was like pulling teeth to get the cops to release any sort of details beyond the name of the deceased, how/when the body was discovered, and the official cause of death (and with that last one, most of the time they made us reporters wait until after the autopsy was done.)

Why do you think when the cops showed up at Eva's, Gideon cleverly side-stepped the question about knowing who Nathan was. The main reason was if he said "no" he'd be caught in a lie. But equally important -- the cops had not yet even said Nathan was dead, let alone murdered. So Gideon played dumb about why the cops would even be asking about Nathan.

Hi LNCronan,

I believe you. I think that thus far, there would be no reason for anyone (i.e. the general public or even the media) to be alerted to the fact that Gideon is a person of interest in Nathan’s murder. Each and every single person who is involved with case (i.e. Monica, Stanton, Gideon, Eva, etc.) would have every reason to keep quiet. No one from this clan would want any more attention brought to this subject than necessary.

I think the detectives have to be very careful where Gideon is concerned because he is a very wealthy and powerful man but mostly because they have no hard evidence just a far fetched theory that he would be able to start a fire in his own hotel undetected and leave for half an hour to kill a man .I mean when you say it like that it just sounds ludicrous and they look like fools for proposing such a scenario..What do you all think?

Hi Sscrph,

I agree completely. If Gideon did infact kill Nathan than he planned his alibi in a brilliant way! All the cops have is speculation and supposition! There is no way they would risk getting the media involved. If anything I think that the media would end up running the cops up a flag pole without any physical evidence or proof of their theories. What do you think? What does everyone think?

Hi LNCronan,

Do you think that what Eva said to him earlier in BTY was running through his mind when he brought Ireland to the Vidal Records Event (…You set the precedent for how we deal with exes…). Or do you think that it may have been a fun way for Gideon to spend some time with his sister AND get a chance to see Eva in an innocent way? Surely Gideon couldn’t be penalized either by the cops, DA, or the public by spending an afternoon with his sister, listening to great music, and getting to meet rock stars/great bands. Then if Gideon happened to “innocently†run into Eva well…. oh well.

You are right, there is no way of knowing who exactly brought Ireland to this event, but at some point Ireland connected with her brother and Gideon took responsibility for her and took her around to the different events (you know the ones where Eva would be…). :) A brother chaperoning his sister always makes for a good cover. What do you think? :)

Hi LNCronan,

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Cary seems to be really good at “talking†Eva into things? He also tends to be a tad forgetful about certain important details (like who is going to be there, etc.)... (Cough, cough…. :)). Sigh, Cary can be so naughty sometimes! :)

In this instance I think that Gideon having a “little†sister could be a very advantageous thing! He now will have all sorts of reasons to bump into Eva or run into her and Brett wouldn’t be able to do a darn thing about it. After all, Ireland likes Eva and they have started forming a friendship, regardless of what Eva’s relationship may or may not be with Gideon.

Brett would come off looking like a real dog if he suggested or even insisted that Eva have no contact with Ireland. Or could it be that Ireland knows that Gideon and Eva make a good couple despite their problems so she decides to play “matchmaker†and pesters her older brother (whom she adores) to take her to events that she knows Eva will be at? When little girls want something, they will move heaven and earth to get it! Anyway you cut it; this is a win win situation! What do you think? What does everyone think?

I love your thinking . Add this thought to it. Snap shot 1 the newspaper and pen. Keep that in mind.

Brett leaks to the newspaper prior to their concert in Time Square that Eva Tramell is the Eva in golden the song penned while they were apart but now he hopes they will re connect!

That might be the reason Gideon attends the Vidal records concert to keep an eye on Brett and a chance o se his angel

Hi ShazScott1980,

Do you think that Brett will be the one to ultimately tell the media that Eva is one in "Golden Girl"? What do you think that Brett will hope to gain by spilling the beans? Do you think that Brett hopes that they will get back together or is he afraid that Gideon may pose a bigger threat to his plans? Eva has already said that Brett doesn't stand a chance with her.

Hi LNCronan,

I believe you. I think that thus far, there would be no reason for anyone (i.e. the general public or even the media) to be alerted to the fact that Gideon is a person of interest in Nathan’s murder. Each and every single person who is involved with case (i.e. Monica, Stanton, Gideon, Eva, etc.) would have every reason to keep quiet. No one from this clan would want any more attention brought to this subject than necessary.

I once had the real-life professional satisfaction of backing a state police homicide squad into a corner on a yes/no question about the identity of a murder suspect. The suspect had been arrested just an hour before after a high-speed chase, and though he had not yet been charged with the murder, I knew he would be within the next 24 hours. I scrambled and worked harder and faster than I ever had to nail down the name. I was 110% certain I was right, and I was the the only reporter, period, who had the information. And we were right on deadline. In fact, we were holding up the presses.

The cops kept trying to stonewall me with the big "No Comment." Essentially they were hoping, because they had not yet officially put out the name in a press release authorized by a prosecutor, that we'd hold off on running the accused's name itself as part of the story we would publish in the next edition. Meanwhile, we had a huge scoop ready to roll (to boot, the murder victim was very prominent in the community, so it was a high profile case.) We weren't taking no comment for an answer.

So I sicced my managing editor onto the guy in charge of the homicide detectives, and my editor told him (actually, she all but yelled at the guy) "Listen, we're going to run the story you just arrested so-and-so for the murder. If that's not true, you tell me RIGHT NOW. Because unless you tell us it's not true, it's going on page one." It painted that commander into a corner where if he said "no, that's not the name" he would have flat out lied to a high-ranking editor. Very bad career move, most especially if doing so s***** a news organization out of a scoop. The commander couldn't say "you're wrong about the guy's name and that we're about to charge him with murder." So that meant "yes" we were right.

Hi ShazScott1980,

Do you think that Brett will be the one to ultimately tell the media that Eva is one in "Golden Girl"? What do you think that Brett will hope to gain by spilling the beans? Do you think that Brett hopes that they will get back together or is he afraid that Gideon may pose a bigger threat to his plans? Eva has already said that Brett doesn't stand a chance with her.

I think Brett will spill that Eva is golden girl in the hope that this will show he has commitment by making his feelings known about her.

but this will back fire on him but will help Gideon and Eva out in the long run.

Brett can't compete with the chemistry that Gideon and Eva have , he missed his chance with her.