The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets talk about what Cary must think about all that has gone on. Don't you think he himself is wondering who murdered Nathan I mean if he wasn't laid up with his injuries he would have been considered a suspect also. Don't you think he secretly suspects Stanton and Monica having a hand in it such as a professional hit after all Cary has seen a lot in his life What do you all think?

That would HELP Eva and Gideon..!! Everything comes into play for Gideon right now, the fight at the concert only shows (cops) he broke up with Eva over this fight, Eva goes to lunch with Brett.! It's all working in his favor..!

Now lets talk about something that might draw suspicion: Eva's email to him before the murder, she spilled her guts out to him and he went there and screwed her brains out.. The next morning she tells Cary about the email and he says to her "baby girl NEVER put stuff like that in writing" emails can be tracked. If anyone (cops) cared to ask Gideon was at the hospital Monday and Tuesday morning..!!

The email itself (which the cops can easily get a copy of) actually reinforces the whole lie -- Eva was heartbroken Gideon was now spending time with Corrine. It could easily be interpreted as Eva being desperate. Because actually, that was the God's honest truth at the time Eva wrote it, and anyone reading it would see that.

Right now, the cops have NO REASON to know Gideon snuck into Eva's apartment within hours of getting that email. So they've no reason to ask Cary about that night. 

However, if they did ask get around to questioning Cary, at least where things stood the day after Gideon snuck in to Eva's room again, here's what Cary could say:

• Gideon let himself into Eva's room weeks ago (on a Wednesday night) in order to "bang" Eva out of his system.
  • He then snuck out before daybreak the next morning (Thursday) while she was still asleep.
  • Later Thursday, he ignored her in the middle of an important meeting in front of her boss. Thursday night, he took Corrine to the hotel.
  • Yes, Gideon came over for dinner Friday night, but that had been planned well over a week before. It was crystal clear however he was all-but finished with Eva. (By coincidence, it had been Friday morning Nathan's body was found.)
  • Saturday morning, Eva found out about Corrine and the hotel, and she dumped Gideon
  • For well over a week after the break-up, Gideon didn't have anything to do with Eva.
  • But finally, after more than a week of ZERO contact, Gideon did something weird - pinned Eva to an elevator wall and put the ring back on her finger. Without any explanation whatsoever to Eva.
  • I'm not sure Eva told Cary about the car ride she took with Gideon the next morning (Tuesday.) But I think she didn't say a word -- never said a word because that could involve telling Cary about the deep dark secrets Gideon revealed to Eva in the car -- some details about the sexual abuse Gideon suffered. If that's true, all Cary knew about was the weird elevator meeting.

Here's where Reflected ends and Entwined immediately picks up:

• Wednesday evening, the cops spilled the beans to Eva. That night, Gideon snuck in and stayed the night with Eva.
  • This next part is conjecture about what Cary could say as things stood at the open of Entwined (well, what we've pieced together thus far here) -- Two nights after the elevator incident, Gideon snuck into Eva's room again. To get laid. Banged her all night then next day went back to all but ignoring her in public. Looks like this time Gideon may have managed to finally bang Eva out of his system.

HOWEVER -- Danger. The cops got Gideon and Eva to spend a night together being physically intimate immediately after they tricked Eva into running to Gideon, lying to her the coast was clear.

Problem is they can't prove using Cary as a witness that Gideon and Eva reconciled -- if Eva kept the real truth from Cary. If that were the case, the most the cops could prove is Gideon f**** Eva. But Cary could "truthfully" say it was nothing more than what Gideon did weeks ago, even when Nathan was still alive -- bang her and then reject her the morning after. So any possible Cary testimony would help the defense, not the prosecution.

Getting back to Brett I think the only way Eva can "prove" to Brett that she is in love with Gideon is to not sleep with him because he knows how hot it was between them so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Brett is probably a big part of the middle of the book but I wonder where the snippet in the dance club comes in, is Brett still in the picture at this point or does he bow out gracefully there are so many angles to be resolved can't wait till June 4th

The email itself (which the cops can easily get a copy of) actually reinforces the whole lie -- Eva was heartbroken Gideon was now spending time with Corrine. It could easily be interpreted as Eva being desperate. Because actually, that was the God's honest truth at the time Eva wrote it, and anyone reading it would see that.

Right now, the cops have NO REASON to know Gideon snuck into Eva's apartment within hours of getting that email. So they've no reason to ask Cary about that night. 

However, if they did ask get around to questioning Cary, at least where things stood the day after Gideon snuck in to Eva's room again, here's what Cary could say:

• Gideon let himself into Eva's room weeks ago (on a Wednesday night) in order to "bang" Eva out of his system.
  • He then snuck out before daybreak the next morning (Thursday) while she was still asleep.
  • Later Thursday, he ignored her in the middle of an important meeting in front of her boss. Thursday night, he took Corrine to the hotel.
  • Yes, Gideon came over for dinner Friday night, but that had been planned well over a week before. It was crystal clear however he was all-but finished with Eva. (By coincidence, it had been Friday morning Nathan's body was found.)
  • Saturday morning, Eva found out about Corrine and the hotel Thursday night, and she dumped Gideon
  • For well over a week after then, Gideon didn't have anything to do with Eva.
  • But finally, after more than a week of ZERO contact, Gideon did something weird - pinned Eva to an elevator wall and put the ring back on her finger.
  • I'm not sure Eva told Cary about the car ride she took with Gideon two days later. But I think she didn't say a word -- never said a word because that could involve telling Cary about the deep dark secrets Gideon revealed to Eva in the car -- some details about the sexual abuse Gideon suffered. If that's true, all Cary knew about was the weird elevator meeting.
  • This next part is conjecture about what Cary could say as things stood at the open of Entwined (well, what we've pieced together thus far here) -- Two nights after the elevator incident, Gideon snuck into Eva's room again. To get laid. Banged her all night then next day went back to all but ignoring her in public. Looks like this time Gideon may have managed to finally bang Eva out of his system.
HOWEVER -- Danger here on that very last point. Wednesday evening, Detective Graves spilled the beans. Wednesday night, Gideon snuck in and spent the whole night with Eva. Uh oh. So they'd know their trick worked in getting Eva and Gideon to go running to one another.

Problem is they can't prove using Cary as a witness that Gideon and Eva reconciled. Not if they never told Cary that was the truth. So the most the cops could prove is Gideon f**** Eva. But Cary could say it was nothing more than what Gideon did weeks ago, even when Nathan was still alive -- bang her and then reject her the morning after. If anything, right now any possible Cary testimony would help the defense, not the prosecution.

True but the detectives don't believe Gideon and Eva confirmed that when she told detective graves that night at Parker's studio that she broke up with him that saturday after they interrupted their dinner..! The detective knew that it was a front on Gideon's part, why would he look like someone just killed his best friend if he had already broken up with her..?? So at the time of the murder the detective know that Gideon was still seeing Eva..! She said he planned to be seen with an ex to throw ppl off but she knew better I'm sure..!! And if she didn't Eva telling her she broke up with him that Saturday surely help put a sticker on it..!

Getting back to Brett I think the only way Eva can "prove" to Brett that she is in love with Gideon is to not sleep with him because he knows how hot it was between them so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Brett is probably a big part of the middle of the book but I wonder where the snippet in the dance club comes in, is Brett still in the picture at this point or does he bow out gracefully there are so many angles to be resolved can't wait till June 4th

I hope Brett does announce she is the girl in golden..! Only thing is why didn't he say it when he did the interview.? Eva was kinda known at the time from being pictured with Cary and Gideon..!

True but the detectives don't believe Gideon and Eva confirmed that when she told detective graves that night at Parker's studio that she broke up with him that saturday after they interrupted their dinner..! The detective knew that it was a front on Gideon's part, why would he look like someone just killed his best friend if he had already broken up with her..?? So at the time of the murder the detective know that Gideon was still seeing Eva..! She said he planned to be seen with an ex to throw ppl off but she knew better I'm sure..!! And if she didn't Eva telling her she broke up with him that Saturday surely help put a sticker on it..!

Exactly, Mrs. Crossfire!!!! This is what the detective KNOWS. But she can't yet PROVE it. Trying to gather evidence in order to establish this truth if the entire reason for the trap.

This goes right back to the legal theory of "plausible deniability" (a term Gideon himself used.) Even if something is true (Gideon never rejected Eva) if the cops cannot present evidence to establish beyond reasonable doubt it's true, then by default Gideon can deny it's actually is true he never rejected Eva in order to cover his tracks.

Right now, all Detective Graves has is a look of anguish on Gideon's face Saturday morning, and the fact Gideon had dinner with Eva's roommate and her father Friday night.

This goes up again against press photos that could counter "prove" that even before Nathan died, Gideon was already done with Eva and had already begun dating his ex fiancee (who very publicly left her husband in France, moved all the way back to New York, and in front of a high society crowd at a fundraising dinner snagged Gideon right out from under Eva's nose.) In fact, one of those photos shows Gideon partying with Corrine the same night "someone" killed Nathan.

Plus it looks like we're about to get even more convincing proof - Eva "cheated" on Gideon with Brett first. Then Gideon dumped Eva on the spot. Then a couple of nights later, a photographer got proof Gideon was dating Corrine again. All of that went down when Nathan was still very much alive.

Even more crucial Mrs. Crossfire is your observation above: "Eva telling her (Detective Graves) she broke up with him Saturday surely helped put a sticker on it" (Meaning Graves found out for certain it was Eva dumping Gideon AFTER Nathan was dead and Gideon being shattered about it, not the other way around -- Gideon rejecting Eva almost a week before the murder (i.e. the night of the concert when he caught Eva in Brett's arms.)

Graves made a HUGE mistake that could cost her the whole case when she tricked Eva into confirming it was true Eva dumped Gideon on Saturday.

• When she approached Eva to set Eva (and Gideon) up by spilling the beans, the very first thing Eva said was she didn't want to talk (i.e. answer any questions) without a lawyer.
  • So Graves said she was going to do all the talking -- Eva could just listen. Which actually does not violate Eva's rights.
  • BUT Graves slipped over the important line when she ASKED Eva, "You broke up with him on the Saturday after we interrupted your dinner, didn't you." Eva nodded yes.
  • Right then and there, because Graves was winging it and pushing hard, she crossed a line into violating Eva's right to have a lawyer present for questioning, a right Eva was careful to remind Graves of upfront.
  • That "nod yes" now potentially is inadmissible as evidence. And if the prosecutor in the case recognizes that right away (or the defense gets a judge to throw the "yes" answer out of evidence) not only is that nod "yes" now poison -- every later piece of evidence Graves might now get as a direct result of Eva's nod is also poison. The whole trap itself might end up infected by legal poison. There's a legal phrase "fruit of the poisoned tree."  

Maybe by the middle of the book the case will be dropped and Eva and Gideon can get back to their daily lives because I just love to read about their day to day activities and hear about their careers and friends etc. Afterall it is a romance novel and then maybe by the end of the book the luggage tags will be put to good use on the private jet to Bali on their honeymoon. YEA!!

Exactly, Mrs. Crossfire!!!! This is what the detective KNOWS. But she can't yet PROVE it. Trying to gather evidence in order to establish this truth if the entire reason for the trap. This goes right back to the legal theory of "plausible deniability" (a term Gideon himself used.) Even if something is true (Gideon rejecting Eva had all been a lie) if the cops cannot present evidence to prove that, then by default Gideon can deny it's true. Right now, all Detective Graves has is a look of anguish on Gideon's face Saturday morning, and the fact Gideon had dinner with Eva's roommate and her father Friday night. This goes up again against press photos that could counter "prove" that even before Nathan died, Gideon was already done with Eva and was now seeing his ex fiancee who very publicly left her husband in France, moved all the way back to New York, and in front of a high society crowd at a fundraising dinner snagged Gideon right out from under Eva's nose. In fact, one of those photos shows Gideon partying with Corrine the same night "someone" killed Nathan. Plus it looks like we're about to get even more convincing proof - Eva "cheated" on Gideon with Brett, and right after that, Gideon dumped her and immediately decided to give Corrine another shot. All of that went down when Nathan was still very much alive. Even more crucial Mrs. Crossfire is your observation above: "Eva telling her (Detective Graves) she broke up with him Saturday surely helped put a sticker on it" (Meaning Graves found out for certain it was Eva dumping Gideon AFTER Nathan was dead and Gideon being shattered about it, not the other way around -- Gideon rejecting Eva almost a week before the murder (i.e. the night of the concert when he caught Eva in Brett's arms.) Graves made a HUGE mistake that could cost her the whole case when she tricked Eva into confirming it was true Eva dumped Gideon on Saturday. 

• When she approached Eva to set Eva (and Gideon) up by spilling the beans, the very first thing Eva said was she didn't want to talk (i.e. answer any questions) without a lawyer.
  • So Graves said she was going to do all the talking -- Eva could just listen. Which actually does not violate Eva's rights.
  • BUT Graves slipped over the important line when she ASKED Eva, "You broke up with him on the Saturday after we interrupted your dinner, didn't you." Eva nodded yes.
  • Right then and there, because Graves was winging it and pushing hard, she crossed a line into violating Eva's right to have a lawyer present for questioning, a right Eva was careful to remind Graves of upfront.
  • That "nod yes" now potentially is inadmissible as evidence. And if the prosecutor in the case recognizes that right away (or a judge throws it out of evidence) not only is that nod "yes" now poison -- every later piece of evidence Graves might now get as a direct result of Eva's nod is also poison. The whole trap itself might end up infected by legal poison. There's a legal phrase "fruit of the poisoned tree."  

BAM: IN THAT ORDER..' Lol I just want a happy ending.!

I think I got it all figured out -- figured out how the murder investigation is gonna go "buh-bye"

If so, starting on June 5 I'm gonna be here in an Entwined spoiler thread saying "told you all so." But only about that part of the story.

But I'm going to enjoy every sweet and every hot scene between Gideon and Eva.

Be absorbed into what Entwined is really about -- Gideon's dark past. Once the murder investigation is out of the way, we can get to what Entwined is really about.

Find out what happens to every character I love (like Cary) to characters I kinda like (Brett - his only mistake is wanting Eva back) to characters I cannot stand (Corrine, Christopher Jr.)

Maybe by the middle of the book the case will be dropped and Eva and Gideon can get back to their daily lives because I just love to read about their day to day activities and hear about their careers and friends etc. Afterall it is a romance novel and then maybe by the end of the book the luggage tags will be put to good use on the private jet to Bali on their honeymoon. YEA!!

I agree! I like their day to day also. Let's not forget the book cover...Luggage tags..HEA! Puuullllease! 

I don't think Brett will be too much  of a pain. He'll probably more help w/ the Gideon/Eva breakup..but she won't let it go anywhere. I just hope that Gideon tells Eva everything he's done asap, she tells him to wean(sp?) Corrine off..asap!...and maybe take up hanging out w/ his sister more..and maybe Eva will make good on her offer to tak Ireland out too...spa day...shopping...lol...   Jus tno cliff hangers for a possible 4th book...just a nicely tied up ending :)

Christopher will probably find out she's 'Golden Girl', maby Brett does anounce it (Snippet/Snapshot) and he (Christopher) tries to get fresh w/ Eva..Then she uses her Krav Maga on him...and-there you go! Maybe something happens at that event, and Brett is the one coming to Eva's aid..finishing off what she started on Christopher lol....and maybe then Gideon doesn't hate him as much? Idk...this waiting is so....ugh...

I would love it if Christopher Jr., sleaze bucket that he is, always trying to get into the pants of any women who ever longed for Gideon, to get his a** handed to him by the love of Gideon's life. Get put into his place by his future sister-in-law -- and it ain't Corrine, either. It'd be Eva with her mad Krav Maga skills. Just let Christopher try to get fresh with Eva once. He'll never do it again.

:)

I would love it if Christopher Jr., sleaze bucket that he is, always trying to get into the pants of any women who ever longed for Gideon, to get his a** handed to him by the love of Gideon's life. Get put into his place by his future sister-in-law -- and it ain't Corrine, either. It'd be Eva with her mad Krav Maga skills. Just let Christopher try to get fresh with Eva once. He'll never do it again.

Yes I think that when Christopher Jr finds out about Golden he will see this as a green light to really come out and make a move on Eva and possibly man handle her and that's when our girl Eva is gonna let him have it! Oh yea!

:)

After reading the snipett, the first thing that popped into my head was that it was New Year's Eve -  why else would there be a Vidal Records tent w/security in Times Square.  And Brett could be the feature act on stage since he is the big thing in music right now ....  Then of course if it is NEY will she kiss Gideon @ midnight  !!!!

Also, thinking that unlike Eva being blinsided when Gideon started 'dating' Corrine again, Eva and Gideon would have discussed any interaction Eva might have with Brett, if for no other reason than to reassure Gideon on how much she loves him and that seeing Brett is only a ruse that she is a free/single women.  Also help to prevent any reoccurance of the fight.

So glad to see Ireland hanging out with Gideon and like others think they will great friends/sisters in the future.

I think I got it all figured out -- figured out how the murder investigation is gonna go "buh-bye"

If so, starting on June 5 I'm gonna be here in an Entwined spoiler thread saying "told you all so." But only about that part of the story.

But I'm going to enjoy every sweet and every hot scene between Gideon and Eva.

Be absorbed into what Entwined is really about -- Gideon's dark past. Once the murder investigation is out of the way, we can get to what Entwined is really about.

Find out what happens to every character I love (like Cary) to characters I kinda like (Brett - his only mistake is wanting Eva back) to characters I cannot stand (Corrine, Christopher Jr.)

Hi LNCronan,

What is your theory about how this murder investigation is going to go away? Yes I know I must be a gutton for punishment, but I just can't help myself. :) All this witty reparte has me coming back for more! :)

If Corrine actually wanted what was truly best for Gideon, she would have wished him all the happiness in the world with the new girlfriend he's told Corrine all about via telephone when Corrine was still in France. He'd started a new serious relationship with someone who (miracle of miracles) was so good for him the new girlfriend was getting him to open up.

Nope, desperate and messed up Corrine crashed an event where Gideon would have been out in public in front of everyone with the new girlfriend. To Corrine's utter delight, it turned out Gideon hadn't even told the girlfriend about Corrine being his friend, much less telling the girlfriend he used to be engaged to Corrine. But Gideon did warn Corrine that Eva was insecure and jealous. Judging by the fact Eva stormed out of the dinner, it was true.

Corrine came back to New York to try to chase Gideon down again just like she first started chasing him ten years ago. She saw with her own eyes that Eva was serious competition -- AND -- Eva had serious weaknesses that would be all too simple to exploit. So that's exactly what Corrine did. To destroy the new relationship and clear the way for her (Corrine) to chase Gideon all the way to the altar this time. Weeks later, it appeared to have worked. Gideon had totally cut Eva out of his life, and he was spending time with one woman alone -- Corrine herself. Nor would he be denying (because he COULDN'T) all the rumors he was dating Corrine again.

Hi LNCronan,

You make a good point about Corinne wishing Gideon all the best with his new relationship, but alas the poor girl didn't and the drama began! You must admit it though, you are loving the drama just as much as everyone else, even me. :)

<p>

Theories about what happens when Brett takes the microphone and openly declares to the crowd (and media present) Golden is none other than the lovely Eva Tramell standing right there out in the crowd:

&nbsp;

• Anger washes over Gideon's face while he's standing next to Eva.
  • Photographer gets a shot before either of them realize a photographer was standing there.
  • People (cops) can misinterpret it as Gideon furious at Eva.
  • One problem solved toward proving the new lie - Gideon dumped Eva over Brett, not Corrine.
&nbsp;

Hi LNCronan,

I must have missed something. Sorry. Could you catch me up please. How would Gideon and Eva be at a concert together? What would the scenario be for that happening? Thanks in advance. :)

&nbsp; &nbsp;

Hi LNCronan,

I must have missed something. Sorry. Could you catch me up please. How would Gideon and Eva be at a concert together? What would the scenario be for that happening? Thanks in advance. :)

No, no, not at a concert. This involves snippet 10 and Chapter 4 snapshot, both of which we got in the past 36 hours.

Synopsis of the snippet 10 - Eva and Cary are in Times Square at some sort of music industry event. Vidal Records just happens to have a tent there.

As the snippet opened, Brett just stepped away from talking to Eva and Cary. It appeared Brett was running off to go do something. As soon as Brett left, Cary spotted Gideon (along with sister Ireland) walking straight toward Eva and Cary. Meanwhile, the Chapter 4 snapshot is a picture of a microphone on a microphone stand.

So the running speculation today we had fun with (see the previous pages) was that Brett had just run off to grab a microphone and let the cat out of the bag -- "the Eva from "Golden" is Eva Tramell, and she's standing in the crowd."

The bullet points were my speculation about what might happen next if Gideon gets caught off guard suddenly, standing next to or even in the immediate vicinity of Eva when Brett takes the mike.

Gideon would have had no idea what Brett had just been talking about to Eva (and Cary). It's obvious Gideon walked over there (using Ireland as a cover excuse) to find out immediately what was up. Imagine Gideon coming up to Eva to get some sort of explanation and suddenly getting surprised by Brett making an announcement. 

Gideon would be furious -- and his anger could blind him to the fact a photographer might go running toward Eva to get a picture of "Golden." By the time the flash went off, it would be too late. He'd get bagged in the immediate vicinity of Eva -- looking furious. But the resulting photo could have a silver lining as far as their police problem goes. The photo could be used as a ruse Gideon is still furious with Eva for having "cheated" on him weeks ago, the reason he "dumped" her. It could further reinforce the "Plan B" cover story. The "real" reason Gideon dumped Eva was Brett, not Corrine. Gideon simply hooked up with Corrine on the rebound, not (the real truth) "conveniently dumped Eva" a couple of days before the murder and used Corrine as a cover.

No, no, not at a concert. This involves snippet 10 and Chapter 4 snapshot, both of which we got in the past 36 hours.

Synopsis of the snippet 10 - Eva and Cary are in Times Square at some sort of music industry event. Vidal Records just happens to have a tent there.

As the snippet opened, Brett just stepped away from talking to Eva and Cary. It appeared Brett was running off to go do something. As soon as Brett left, Cary spotted Gideon (along with sister Ireland) walking straight toward Eva and Cary. Meanwhile, the Chapter 4 snapshot is a picture of a microphone on a microphone stand.

So the running speculation today we had fun with (see the previous pages) was that Brett had just run off to grab a microphone and let the cat out of the bag -- "the Eva from "Golden" is Eva Tramell, and she's standing in the crowd."

The bullet points were my speculation about what might happen next if Gideon gets caught off guard suddenly, standing next to or even in the immediate vicinity of Eva when Brett takes the mike.

Gideon would have had no idea what Brett had just been talking about to Eva (and Cary). It's obvious Gideon walked over there (using Ireland as a cover excuse) to find out immediately what was up. Imagine Gideon coming up to Eva to get some sort of explanation and suddenly getting surprised by Brett making an announcement. 

Gideon would be furious -- and his anger could blind him to the fact a photographer might go running toward Eva to get a picture of "Golden." By the time the flash went off, it would be too late. He'd get bagged in the immediate vicinity of Eva -- looking furious. But the resulting photo could have a silver lining as far as their police problem goes. The photo could be used as a ruse Gideon is still furious with Eva for having "cheated" on him weeks ago, the reason he "dumped" her. It could further reinforce the "Plan B" cover story. The "real" reason Gideon dumped Eva was Brett, not Corrine. Gideon simply hooked up with Corrine on the rebound, not (the real truth) "conveniently dumped Eva" a couple of days before the murder and used Corrine as a cover.

Hi LNCronan,

I could seriously see Gideon's head exploding if Brett tried to pull a stunt like that!  If you couple that with a photographer being nearby and catching a candid shot of his reaction...wow!  I wouldn't want to be around if that were to happen.  In the end, it will depend on how desperate Brett will be to try and get Eva and how threatened he might feel about Gideon.

Yes, it is true that by all outward appearances, Gideon broke up with Eva, but one look in Gideon and Eva's eyes would tell a different story especially if they were in the same space at the same time.   Gideon may be able to hide his feelings but I don't think that Eva would be quite as good at it. 

Everytime they are in a room together, sparks seem to fly.  Anyone who has been around these two has been able to spot that from a mile away. 

Or on the other hand Brett may have purposely run to the microphone at that moment to ###### Gideon off you know what they say about paybacks LOL

Hi Sscrph,

I surely wouldn't want to p*** off Gideon.  Afterall Gideon is the "Golden  Goose" (no pun intended)  and p****** him off could put his career in jeopardy.  Oh boy, the drama!  Sigh!