The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

So nice to get a little taste of Gideon and Eva today:)

Hi Jls1216, 

Can you or someone catch me up please.  Did Sylvia post another snippet or something?  I swear I leave this forum for a day and everything completely changes. Sigh! :)  Wha did I miss?  :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY THEORY IS THAT AFTER DETECTIVE GRAVES CONFRONTED EVA AT KRAV MAGA WITH HER MURDER THEORY,EVA RAN TO GIDEON"S APARTMENT AND WAITED FOR HIM IN THE FOYER OF HIS APARTMENT. THEN, AFTER HE CAME IN AND SAW EVA, HE RECEIVED A CELL PHONE CALL FROM HIS SECURITY NOTIFYING HIM THAT THE  COPS HAD FOLLOWED HIM AND EVA AND HAD SURVALENCE POSTED OUTSIDE.   BEFORE THEY COULD TALK AT ALL, EVA HAD TO LEAVE GIDEON RIGHT AWAY TO DIFFUSE THE SITUATION.  THEN, AN HOUR LATER, GIDEON SNUCK UP THE BACK WAY TO EVA'S APARTMENT.  T HEN, EWY BEGINS.

Hi barbiemitch, 

I think that Gideon might have said something to Eva.  I think that they talked a little bit.  I don't think that they had an indepth conversation, no, but I do believe that he said something to her.  It wouldn't make sense for Gideon to just say nothing.   

I am personally not on Team Gideon killed Nathan but I do believe that Gideon did say something comforting to Eva and then sent her on her way.  Now what exactly, if anything, Gideon said, we will have to wait until June 4th to find out.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?  :)

Hi Jls1216, 

Can you or someone catch me up please.  Did Sylvia post another snippet or something?  I swear I leave this forum for a day and everything completely changes. Sigh! :)  Wha did I miss?  :)

Link is here: http://www.sylviaday...sunday-snippet/

In case you can't access the page, here's the text -- very brief:

“Angel.â€

Gideon’s voice and the feel of his hands on me pulled me from sleep. I mumbled a protest as he shifted me onto my side, and then the heat of his body was warming my back. One of his muscular arms wrapped around my waist, tucking me close.

Spooned with him, the biceps of his other arm hard beneath my cheek, I slid back into unconsciousness.

Hi barbiemitch, 

I think that Gideon might have said something to Eva.  I think that they talked a little bit.  I don't think that they had an indepth conversation, no, but I do believe that he said something to her.  It wouldn't make sense for Gideon to just say nothing.   

I am personally not on Team Gideon killed Nathan but I do believe that Gideon did say something comforting to Eva and then sent her on her way.  Now what exactly, if anything, Gideon said, we will have to wait until June 4th to find out.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?  :)

GiGi, I'm not sure what #team I'm on..! In a way I think gideon did kill Nathan himself because like detective Graves said "it's personal.. You're personal" but on the other hand I don't think he did it, but he had knowledge of it and what went down.!! I truly think its going to be silent communication between Gideon and Eva, that it would be one of those things they don't talk about..! I don't think we will get the actual story of how the murder happen..! (Although I hope we do)

Link is here: http://www.sylviaday...sunday-snippet/

In case you can't access the page, here's the text -- very brief:

“Angel.â€

Gideon’s voice and the feel of his hands on me pulled me from sleep. I mumbled a protest as he shifted me onto my side, and then the heat of his body was warming my back. One of his muscular arms wrapped around my waist, tucking me close.

Spooned with him, the biceps of his other arm hard beneath my cheek, I slid back into unconsciousness.

Hi KiMa,

Oh wow!   Thank you for posting the link and the text.  I really appreciate it.  The link didn't quite work, but the text was great!  So thanks again! :)  "Here comes Peter cotton tail.... :)"  Wouldn't that be the greatest thing, Gideon and Eva spending their holidays together? Sigh! :)

I really hope that Gideon and Eva wind up together.  Otherwise posting these incredible snippets would simply be cruel! Sigh!  First Christmas and now Easter....sigh! :)

Hello everyone I can finally post...YIPPEEE

I have a feeling the newspaper article will be a page 6, the gossip column.   The column will be about the fight between Gideon and Brett and mentioning the Eva being the woman.   Brett announces about Eva is here,   Gideon, of course, will be upset.   He can hide his emotions though (he did it in that one meeting).   Going back to RIU, Eva did tell Gideon to keep his hand off of Corinne or I will break your fingers.   This is right after the Dr. Lucas visit.   He will stay away from Corinne.  

I have to go and will post later on my theories.

Hi Donnad, 

Welcome to the forum. :)  I was wondering how much you think that the media will be involved in the whole Gideon and Eva thing?  What's your theory?  :)

Most -- emphasis most -- of the time, Gideon is a master at maintaining a cool mask to the world, a mask he sometimes lowers in private but has always been exceptionally careful to maintain in public settings. This is why early in Bared, he told Eva "I can't be in public right now" as he was struggling to regain his composure and the pair of them were standing in the middle of a restaurant at the time.

Background: The "now" had been him shaking in relief (and underneath still terrified) because Eva had pulled her first "runner" on him mere hours into the official start of their full-fledged boyfriend/girlfriend status. After work they'd ended up at a hotel where he made love with her for the second time they'd known each other. And just like the first time, something happened right afterward that almost destroyed what he had with her. This time, it was because the "hotel room" turned out to be his "f*** pad" -- something Eva figured out on her own while he was in the shower. She ran away and ended up wandering into a nearby restaurant. A very badly rattled Gideon found her there, and to both make things up to her and get them out of public view, he took Eva home to his penthouse for the first time.

So keeping this ^^^^ in mind, imagine the shock that could come if some paparazzi got a photo of Gideon Cross when Gideon's careful public mask had slid off his face. Like him getting really upset in the middle of Times Square because Brett Kline has grabbed a microphone and begun singing the love song he wrote for Eva.

Oh boy. The buzz a photo like that would create.

Hopefully, the long-term ramification would actually work in Gideon and Eva's favor by making the public think he's still furious about what happened weeks ago, when he caught his then-girlfriend in Brett's arms (who became his ex-girlfriend that very night.) This will help bolster the stronger cover story they could use to make the cops back down -- Gideon dumped Eva over Brett, not left her for Corrine the week before Nathan was murdered.

Hi LNCronan, 

I just wanted to clarify that the first time Gideon and Eva had s** at the hotel they weren't boyfriend and girlfriend, they had consented to start having a fling of sorts.  It was only after a fight and Eva going up to Gideon's office that they then decided to start going out as boyfriend/girlfriend. 

When they had s** at the f*** pad, things were going according to Gideon's plan.  He was hoping that Eva would fall into one of his s** partner roles.  That's it.    :)

Entwined's story takes place in the summer, so the "Easter morning ...." is figurative, not literal .... just like the Christmas present (snapshot 2) was figurative, not literal.

Easter morning is when we got to wake up to today's holiday snippet. Snapshot 2 tied into a peek we have of Eva joking in bed, telling Gideon waking up to him is like waking up to presents on Christmas morning.

Hi LNCronan,

I think that somewhere deep down we are all hoping to see a little "holiday" action between these two.  Hey if the reader happens to get a surprise treat on a holiday...all the better! :)

I don't think Corrine is as bad a character though. For some reason I think she will suprise us all.

Her and Eva won't be BFF but I don't think she is such a bad person.

Hi KiMa, 

I agree with you.  I don't think that Corinne is a bad person either.  I think that she has lost herself in Gideon.  I hope that the smoke clears from her eyes and she gains some kind of perspective.  I am really hoping that the character of Corinne will surprise all of the readers.  :)

GiGi, I'm not sure what #team I'm on..! In a way I think gideon did kill Nathan himself because like detective Graves said "it's personal.. You're personal" but on the other hand I don't think he did it, but he had knowledge of it and what went down.!! I truly think its going to be silent communication between Gideon and Eva, that it would be one of those things they don't talk about..! I don't think we will get the actual story of how the murder happen..! (Although I hope we do)

Hi MrsCrossfire,

I think that Gideon probably said something along the lines ofâ€â€¦it will all be ok, I will explain everything later….I can’t talk now….the cops are on their way….† I think that given the circumstances, Eva would have accepted a simple explanation knowing that they would be able to discuss everything at a later date.

At this point, Eva is aware of what is going on and that Nathan was a very serious threat to her life.  She also realizes that someone had the wherewithal and the strength to eliminate the Nathan threat for good.  The sacrifice that person made for Eva, was of great personal sacrifice to them.  I think that Eva recognizes that. 

I don’t think that Eva is that same insecure person that we the reader first met in Bared To You.  A lot has happened since we first met her.  I think that in the next book, we will see a more empowered woman, who is filled with compassion and love.  I think that she will have a better handle on her insecurities and jealousies.  I can hardly wait!  What do you think?  What does everyone think? :)

Hi LNCronan, 

I just wanted to clarify that the first time Gideon and Eva had s** at the hotel they weren't boyfriend and girlfriend, they had consented to start having a fling of sorts.  It was only after a fight and Eva going up to Gideon's office that they then decided to start going out as boyfriend/girlfriend. 

When they had s** at the f*** pad, things were going according to Gideon's plan.  He was hoping that Eva would fall into one of his s** partner roles.  That's it.    :)

GiGi I'm sure that when Eva and Gideon went to the hotel they were boy/girlfriend.

This was the Monday after the advocacy dinner.

She had been to his office that lunchtime and had consented to be exclusive .

After the gym and then the follow trip to the f*** pad for s** led to Gideon taking Eva to his home which he had never done with a woman.

Hi LNCronan,

The last time Gideon and Eva made love in RIY, Gideon knew that he was going to have to separate himself from Eva (if he did kill Nathan and I am not saying that he did) for whatever reason (Eva’s protection in that Nathan didn’t think that they were together any longer, etc.).  So it would make sense that he was tormented. 

I wonder however, how Sylvia will describe their reuniting in the next book?  It will be interesting to see the difference in the emotion of the characters.  I think that Gideon could have been tormented for many reasons.  He had received a very ugly visit from Nathan, who also had hideous photos and videos in tow with him.  I could very much see Gideon feeling torment for Eva, and empathy and so many other emotions that would be connected to his own personal experiences of being a child of repeated rape as well.  There could be so many ways that a person reading that passage could interpret that.

Your final comment about Gideon having “claw†marks on him from his and Eva’s wild pre-morning fit of passion; could it be that Gideon had “claw marks†on him from his fight with Nathan?  I am just throwing it out there…I don’t know exactly what kind of “claw marks†they were.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

GiGi I'm sure that when Eva and Gideon went to the hotel they were boy/girlfriend.

After the gym and then the follow trip to the f*** pad for s** led to Gideon taking Eva to his home which he had never done with a woman.

Hi ShazScott1980,

I think that I didn't quite see them really consenting to being together until after Gideon brought Eva back to his apartment.  Up until that point, the only place that Gideon had ever had sex with other partners had been at his f*** pad.  That's why I thought that although Gideon had agreed to Eva's demands, he still wasn't in the relationship.

I am not sure if that makes sense to you.  I think that Gideon was saying what he needed to in order to get Eva into bed.  At that point, I know that Gideon desperately wanted Eva, I think that Gideon really liked her (may have even loved her), but I think that everything was cemented when Gideon let his guard down and took her back to his apartment.  I think that is when the real boyfriend/girlfriend thing started. What do you think?  What does everyone think?  

Hi Gigi when Eva is up in Gideon's office he states that he wants to do whatever he has to do to spend as much time with her in and out of bed. Also when they are at Crosstrainer he introduces Eva to Daniel as his girlfriend. Eva herself says they are both so confused about what is happening between the two of them that it is easy to fall back into established patterns like Gideon did by taking her to the hotel. So even though she was offended by it she understood it. Gideon wanted to take Eva back to his place for more than sex he wanted her warmth and her presence there too. I think he was reeling by how he felt when she ran out of he hotel and he was trying to process it. At this point already I think it is beyond girlfriend and probably love. What do you all think?

Hi LNCronan, 

By the time they ended up at that hotel, they most definitely had become boyfriend/girlfriend. Gideon decided to further break all his rules by combing sex and dating. He did that sometime over the weekend after leaving Eva at the advocacy dinner -- and he had to work like crazy to change Eva's mind, because after that dinner disaster, she'd initially decided she was cutting him off.

Friday evening in the nightclub, Eva had agreed to a fling on the modified condition Gideon at least get to know her a little. They specifically agreed getting to know one another a little bit would NOT be dating. They were going to be sex partners who were friendly to one another.

But sometime Saturday, Gideon further bent his rules by taking Eva out as a social companion -- a public date in other words. His practice was he didn't sleep with women he dated and didn't date women he slept with. He ended up doing both with Eva that night, then proceeded to go on a headtrip that almost ruined everything.

Eva had refused to have lunch on Monday -- he got her to change her mind. But she went up to his office to tell him to his face she didn't want to see him anymore. He got her to change her mind again by making it clear they would be a couple in bed and out of it. And during lunch, they decided that plans after work would include sex that night.

From snippet # 2, GiGi:

"His arms were wrapped around his pillow, showing off chiseled biceps and a muscular back adorned with scratches and crescent marks from my nails." 

More recently, when she started combining snapshots and snippets, Sylvia connected the dots for us that snippet #2 is from Chapter Two of Entwined.

The snippet also makes clear they're in Eva's bed and very strongly suggests it's now morning, with Gideon waking up there after the pair of them repeatedly had sex the night before. Here's the link to the full snippet:  http://www.sylviaday.com/2012/11/22/entwined-snippet-2/

Happy Easter Everyone,

I believe Gideon will start backing off from Corinne.   Eva “trusts†Gideon but doesn’t “trust†Corinne.   Corinne did “crash†the event.   Besides Gideon telling Corinne about Eva, I’m sure that she saw the “kissing†in public pictures and I’m sure Magdalene added fuel to the fire.   Remember the next day is when Eva saw Corinne coming out of Crossfire “looking smashed up.†  She did this on purpose.  Also Eva threatened to “break†Gideon’s fingers if he touched Corinne’s back again.  Corinne wants to be a “trophy wife†and the biggest trophy would be a one of the richest men in the world that she let go.

This book will be more about the threat of Brett.   Gideon deep down knows that Eva still has feelings (slight) but they are still there.   Brett has written a love song about Eva.  Times Square will be the announcement of who Eva is.

Now the actual killing of Nathan, I really believe Gideon did it.  Clancy or Angus maybe.   The person knew exactly where to stab Nathan with precision.   Also, Gideon knows when to stop and I’m sure Clancy and Angus do.  The police, at one point, will drop the investigation.   If it did go to court, as other people said, it’s career suicide.

How much Gideon will tell Eva.   He will of course start opening up but I don’t think he will tell her about the actual night of the murder.   He wants to protect Eva at all costs.  

Cary is only there for Eva.   He wants Eva to be happy.   He’s probably more pro Brett because he has seen what Gideon has done to Eva.   I don’t think Cary contacted Brett.  Brett I’m sure has seen the events on google.

Vidal family – I will put this under the Vidal family thread.

I keep going back to the same point. I do not understand why the NYPD would be wasting their resources trying to solve the homicide of a convicted rapist/child molester. They themselves have seen the evidence of his heinous acts so for them to even pursue it this far is completely unwarranted let alone trying to convict one of the richest men in the world of this crime. Career suicide or career stupidity take your pick. Not only was Nathan a danger to Eva but he was a nature to others as well. He certainly was not cured of his affliction if anything his situation worsened. So I think we should put this to rest and hope Detective Graves gets fired for her tenacity .

I keep going back to the same point. I do not understand why the NYPD would be wasting their resources trying to solve the homicide of a convicted rapist/child molester. They themselves have seen the evidence of his heinous acts so for them to even pursue it this far is completely unwarranted let alone trying to convict one of the richest men in the world of this crime. Career suicide or career stupidity take your pick. Not only was Nathan a danger to Eva but he was a nature to others as well. He certainly was not cured of his affliction if anything his situation worsened. So I think we should put this to rest and hope Detective Graves gets fired for her tenacity .

Some ambitious prosecutors get stupid enough to pursue high profile cases they think they can win. Gideon is a celebrity, not just a billionaire. Plus his father, a notorious financial criminal, "escaped justice" by killing himself. There are some prosecutors who would consider him  a career-making trophy.

The detectives DON'T have the final say on whether or not to proceed on this case. It's the district attorney's office that has the sole power to make that call. If authorities really had decided to drop the matter, the district attorney's office would notify Gideon's lawyers. Not have some cop indirectly notifying Gideon via his now-ex-girlfriend who dumped him a couple of weeks ago.

A simple check of the phone records would show a call from Eva's home to Gideon's cell that he took while at the police station. From the devastation on his face, the detective guessed correctly Eva had called to dump him. When the detective later "ran into Eva" (cough, cough) she tricked Eva into confirming Eva dumped Gideon after Nathan was found dead, not Gideon dumped Eva while Nathan had still been very much alive.

Besides, the prosecution may question whether the means justify the ends. Though his goal was to save someone else's life, Gideon took the law into his own hands and committed one of society's worst crimes: first degree murder.

No way a look on someone's face can convict a man of first degree murder. As far as we know there is no murder weapon and no one placing him at the scene. There is no physical evidence linking him to this crime and it is a stretch that he could have walked to the hotel committed the murder and walked back in time to resume the party. Their evidence is weak at best. It is Detective Grave's interpretation of the look on Gideon's face ; perhaps he was just gassy LOL

No way a look on someone's face can convict a man of first degree murder. As far as we know there is no murder weapon and no one placing him at the scene. There is no physical evidence linking him to this crime and it is a stretch that he could have walked to the hotel committed the murder and walked back in time to resume the party. Their evidence is weak at best. It is Detective Grave's interpretation of the look on Gideon's face ; perhaps he was just gassy LOL

It's circumstantial evidence, which isn't as strong as other forms of evidence (like forensic evidence, eyewitnesses and most especially confessions). But cases are brought to trial on the basis of circumstantial evidence. It's risky to do so -- but trust me, in the real world, it's done.

Hi ShazScott1980,

You are absolutely correct, Gideon and Eva had solidified their relationship status prior to s** at the hotel.  I was reading and answering from a different perspective.  :)

Don't mind me, I have been down with the flu these past few days and as such my thoughts hae been somewhat scattered. :)