The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Eva is seeing Gideon in secret at his penthouse where is she telling Cary that she has been all night? She usually calls Cary to tell him when she stays out all night.

My guess: Eva probably isn't staying the whole night at Gideon's. That might cause Cary to figure out she's staying with Gideon, something that needs to be kept secret for now, even from Cary. She could let Cary think she's out clubbing a lot, staying out late and having fun. Remember, Cary's still home recuperating. He went out with Eva and Monica/Stanton one night, but it was tame: a small supper club. Cary's in no shape for dance clubbing yet.

My immediate thought was NC or a new hotel a Fu@@ Pad just for them..! I thought about it being Gideon's penthouse but why the ribbon.? And if they are keeping cary in the dark what will eva tell cary about where she is.!? When you see something like that it usually repersents guest... (I'm guessing)..!! Maybe it has nothing to do with the two of them.

Whatever Eva knows she has told Cary.  

Not yet, I'm certain. Too dangerous for everyone involved, even Cary himself.

If Eva were to tell Cary the truth while the cops were still after Gideon, there's a terrible risk the cops could try to force Cary to testify for the prosecution. And if what I suspect is true -- the cops are trying to destroy Gideon's dumped-Eva-for-Corrine cover story, they're going to start questioning people. Cary would be high on the list.

Worst case scenario: Imagine Cary in that awful position months later -- him being dragged up onto the witness stand and forced to testify for a prosecutor determined to send  Gideon to prison for the rest of Gideon's life. By then, Cary would have already known Gideon risked everything for Eva and they love one another deeply. But Cary would be trapped being used as a weapon for an ambitious prosecutor looking to make his career by convicting Gideon for having taken the law into his own hands.

Gideon and Eva can't risk putting themselves -- and Cary himself -- into a possible position like that.

AFTER the case goes away (most likely finally actually getting dropped), and Gideon/Eva know for certain the coast is finally clear, THEN they can tell Cary the truth.

I agree with LN Cronan i don't think they will bring Cary in the loop till the coast is clear. And they may never fully tell him the truth about Gideon killing Nathan. It could be risking having too many people with this big of a secret. Not that Cary would ever intentionally hurt Eva but i think its too risky to tell him about the murder.

I agree with LN Cronan i don't think they will bring Cary in the loop till the coast is clear. And they may never fully tell him the truth about Gideon killing Nathan. It could be risking having too many people with this big of a secret. Not that Cary would ever intentionally hurt Eva but i think its too risky to tell him about the murder.

I agree. I think Gideon and Eva will take that secret to their graves and no one else will ever know.

My immediate thought was NC or a new hotel a Fu@@ Pad just for them..! I thought about it being Gideon's penthouse but why the ribbon.? And if they are keeping cary in the dark what will eva tell cary about where she is.!? When you see something like that it usually repersents guest... (I'm guessing)..!! Maybe it has nothing to do with the two of them.

I agree I think a possibility is an alternate hotel in town for secret meetings since there may be surveillance at Gideon's and Eva's.

How ironic another F---P--. LOL

It would be ironic if Gideon and Eva set up a love nest at one of his many hotel properties. But ironic in a way that could actually give them something else to joke about in bed (because it looks like by Chapter 2, they're back to being happy enough in one another's arms to laugh in bed.)

Before Eva, the only place Gideon ever had sex was at a hotel -- at only one particular hotel he started using in college with his first girlfriend, Corrine, and purchased outright sometime in the ensuing years. He continued to use that hotel for casual sex partners until Eva became only the second serious girlfriend in his life. Gideon used the room to feel "safe" and in control -- it was a serious hang-up of his.

Eva cured Gideon of that particular sex hang-up, and so they've done stuff in lots of different places, from his office to a nightclub in the middle of a concert. Wouldn't it be funny that they'd temporarily revert to using a hotel room as the only safe place to make love -- safe from the cops, that is.

It's safe to say, though, that of the many properties Gideon now owns in his financial empire, we can cross off two hotels from the love nest list: 1. the place he used to maintain the f*** pad. 2. the hotel where Nathan died.

Hi GiGi!

Re: the case against Gideon -- two words: circumstantial evidence. Prosecutors do manage to get convictions based on that alone. They face a bigger uphill battle when they lack direct evidence (stuff from forensics) to bolster. About the only slam dunk evidence is a confession.

And it is possible the detectives do have additional evidence that Eva (and thus we readers) doesn't know about. If Detective Graves is trying to trap Gideon via Eva, I'll bet she fed Eva only enough info to send Eva running back to Gideon. Graves will have known that everything she did tell Eva would get back to Gideon's defense lawyers. So I doubt the detective would have put all her evidence onto the table.

Hi LNCronan,

I guess it will remain to be seen whether the "good detectives" have any more information.  Thus far the reader has been lead to believe that Detective Graves only has theories and speculation.  I can hardly wait for June 4th, so we can finally put some of these lingering questions to rest. :)

My guess is it was the other way around -- Brett tracked down Cary down via the Internet, finding out which modelling agency represents Cary and getting hold of Cary that way. This method -- use the Internet to discover where someone works -- is exactly what Brett did to track down Eva so he could talk with her a few days after the concert.

Here's a thought: Cary was the one who told Eva he'd found online a transcript of an interview Brett gave a radio station, an interview in which he revealed he was seeking another shot at Eva. Cary made it seem to Eva like he simply stumbled across it. But what if that wasn't the case -- Cary already was in direct contact with Brett and was already planning to play matchmaker. 

Here's a timeline of what I think might have been going on in the background:

• Over the weekend following the fight, Brett started researching Eva (and by extension Gideon) online, discovering photos and stories the pair started dating earlier that summer. However after only a few weeks, Gideon no longer was photographed with Eva (this was because Nathan showed up, but no one else would have known.)
  • Brett wondered whether this meant the relationship was already starting to fizzle even before the concert -- lack of new photos plus eyewitness accounts from his bandmates that during the fight, Gideon had people throw Eva into his limo and get her out of his sight.
  • This suspicion the relationship was in trouble was the reason why he sought Eva out a few days later. He found out where she works and he showed up there. Over lunch, he asked her point blank whether the relationship was serious. The answer he got was Eva was in love, but she was unsure how serious the relationship was (this was true -- remember, Gideon had already begun pulling away and had taken Corrine out the night before. When Eva had lunch with Brett, Eva was feeling very insecure and hurt.)
  • Out on the road, Brett continued to check -- and kept finding stuff that Gideon was with Corrine while Eva was nowhere to be found.
  • As the concert tour neared its end, Brett got Cary's phone number via Cary's modelling agency and called Cary to ask about the Eva-Gideon status. Cary told him Eva had ended things with Gideon. So Brett now knew the coast was clear to go after Eva.
  • That's when Brett used an interview as a public opportunity to state his intentions toward Eva.
  • When Cary told Eva about the interview Monday after Eva got home from work, Cary casually suggested Brett was all lined up to be a rebound guy. Maybe Cary by then was actually secretly working with Brett to try to help Brett.
  • I think that particular interview, given over the weekend just days before Reflected ended, was the first time Brett had actually come out and said he wants Eva back. Knowing the coast to Eva was clear and the concert tour nearing its end, Brett began laying his groundwork to publicly woo Eva.
  • What makes me think this was the first time he told a journalist something like that is because of what happened the following Monday. Gideon finally broke his absolute no-contact with Eva in order to give her back the promise ring and ask her to "wait." I'll bet Gideon had been following Brett online too, and Gideon panicked upon reading for the first time Brett making it clear he'd reconnected with Eva and was seeking another chance (remember, Gideon does not know what Eva and Brett discussed over lunch.)
  • That was Monday. Two days later (Wednesday evening) Reflected wrapped up. The Brett re-appearance is early in Entwined (everything points to it happening in Chapter Four). So my guess is the Times Square event takes place maybe on Friday night or over the weekend. Gideon may have already known even back on Monday, via Vidal Records, the Six-Ninths tour was done and Brett was due back in New York for post-tour publicity.

Hi LNCronan,

I guess for me the question is: Why now?  Why would Brett choose now of all the times to contact Eva?  It seems like several years have passed between the time Brett and Eva were dating (if you can even call it that, more like just having s**), so why pick now as the time to contact an old "groupie"?  Any thoughts?

Hi gals !

I'm returning thoughts to snapshot 1 the newspaper .

With that in mind the Tuesday that Eva had lunch with Brett she took him to the restaurant that her and Cary had been at and papperazzi had photographed then.

So then with that in mind could the papperazzi done the same with her and Brett ?

Witha little digging they surely would have found out that Eva Tramell is the Eva in "Golden"

Breaking that news prior to the concert in time square with a quote from Brett that he wanted to hook up with Eva and make it work.

Any other thoughts ??

As expected, the rush of fans racing to the site to see Snapshot #5 has overwhelmed the server, so you may have to wait until later to see for yourselves.

The picture is of a pile of three white terrycloth towels, either hand towel or small bath towel size. They're very neatly folded in a pile and tied up together with red ribbon.

That's what we've got for a clue into Chapter 5 of Entwined.

Hi LNCronan,

It almost looks like either terry cloth towels or maybe even bed sheets.  I couldn't honestly tell from the photo.  Maybe the photo quality is a little different on my computer.  Anyway, if they are towels, could it be that Eva is getting a "wedding shower gift"?  Could Eva and Gideon be moving in together? Hmmm....?

If the Times Square event happened on Friday night maybe Gideon whisks Eva out of town to one of his hotels(hence the towels) to get her away from Brett if he is allowed to leave town.. What do you all think?

Hi Sscrph,

I like the idea of Gideon and Eva getting away together.  I wonder how Gideon could have made that happen given all of the turmoil and suspicion that they are both under.  I can hardly wait for June 4th...sigh!

Hi LNCronan,

I guess for me the question is: Why now?  Why would Brett choose now of all the times to contact Eva?  It seems like several years have passed between the time Brett and Eva were dating (if you can even call it that, more like just having s**), so why pick now as the time to contact an old "groupie"?  Any thoughts?

For years, Brett had gone around hoping that some day, Eva would show up at a concert and approach him. Though he never actively sought for her after she walked out of his life without warning in San Diego, he never stopped thinking about her. It was that wish-come-true: there was Eva, near the stage door after a concert, that re-ignited the flame for him. Especially that kiss.

He tried to start talking over stuff then and there, outside the concert, but obviously never got too far before Gideon put an end to things. So Brett decided to follow up by attempting to see Eva on his own a few days later, just before he had to leave the New York area to continue the concert tour. He used the Internet to track her down -- and I'll bet he's been using the Internet since in order to try to find out info on her, especially find out what the deal was (in this case wasn't) between her and Gideon.

Hi LNCronan,

It almost looks like either terry cloth towels or maybe even bed sheets.  I couldn't honestly tell from the photo.  Maybe the photo quality is a little different on my computer.  Anyway, if they are towels, could it be that Eva is getting a "wedding shower gift"?  Could Eva and Gideon be moving in together? Hmmm....?

It's only Chapter 5, so it's way too early for a wedding or even moving in together. I know we're all expecting the happy ending that romance novels promise, but we've got 22 Chapters in the story. I'd feel cheated if all the awful were somehow neatly wrapped up by Chapter 5. Nope -- Gideon's got a lot of explaining to do about a great deal of things, from his childhood to the h*** he put Eva through for three weeks.

It's either having a guest or guests - Victor and maybe the girl he started seeing (it would be funny if she was a cop too -  I don't think they mention what she did) or they do have a private place for the 2 of them.   The Easter snippet when do you think that would happen.   She's sleeping in that one and he comes and sleeps next to her.   Gideon will start working on his demons but I really think there will be more of Brett in this one than Corinne.

Hi gals !

I'm returning thoughts to snapshot 1 the newspaper .

With that in mind the Tuesday that Eva had lunch with Brett she took him to the restaurant that her and Cary had been at and papperazzi had photographed then.

So then with that in mind could the papperazzi done the same with her and Brett ?

Witha little digging they surely would have found out that Eva Tramell is the Eva in "Golden"

Breaking that news prior to the concert in time square with a quote from Brett that he wanted to hook up with Eva and make it work.

Any other thoughts ??

Yes I agree I think that's exactly what snippet 1 is the gossip column page 6 is the press and the pen is referring to the song Brett wrote for Eva