The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Exactly. I think we are soo wound up in anticipation of EWY that we try to extrapolate hidden meanings when sometime things should be taken at face value. This is just Sylvia saying happy Easter (and question mark as not everyone celebrates Easter potentially) to us fans, inviting us to spend our "Easter" with our favorite loves

I must say, I was soo beyond frustrated by the push back of the release of EWY that I wanted to start a petition (you know, channeling all Eva and stirring up stuff as I got "time on my hands") but Sylvia's genorousity with the snippets and snap shots chilled me out

Although I just make start that petition on Change.org against the publishers just because...lol so be on the look-out for that!!!

Lol..!! We know its not Sylvia's fault but the wait is ridiculous..! My whole thing is I kinda don't want to read EWY if there is going to be a fourth book because of the stunt the publisher pull pushing back the release of EWY.!! Are they going to do it again..?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is just another instance where Gideon sneaks into Eva's bed because they are still keeping their relationship undercover. Maybe it is the middle of the night. What do you all think?

My guess is the today's snippet is the middle of the night somewhere in the story arc between Chapter One (where they reunite in the secrecy of her apartment) and Chapter Two (him waking up in her bed in the morning, the two of them so relieved now they're joking, not desperately holding one another.)

We've seen past instances where one or the other (or sometimes both) have woken up in the wee hours during the times they actually slept together (literally slept alongside one another before Gideon put a halt to it out of fear he might attack Eva again during one of his violent nightmares. Even with the medication, he wouldn't risk it. Since that point, Eva has slept in "her" room when she stayed over at Gideon's. In North Carolina, they made love in the beautiful bed in the master bedroom, but they went to sleep separately.

So it's interesting Gideon felt brave enough the night they reunited to sleep in Eva's bed all night. Especially because he might not have had with him at the time the sleep medication Dr. Petersen prescribed. I suppose it's possible he left some in Eva's bathroom. I doubt he would have grabbed his own bottle when he left his place in order to sneak into her place to talk. He went to Eva's looking for confirmation as to whether his worst nightmare was true -- the knowledge of what he'd done would cause her to turn away from him forever. He went there expecting it was possible he and Eva would talk for the last time.

Interesting too that he didn't make love to almost all night long like the night three weeks earlier when he snuck in to comfort her the week he'd begun to deliberately hurt her as part of his cover plan to hide his motive for killing Nathan. After two straight days of Corrine-related angst, Eva had sent him an agonized email. His response was to sneak into her room and spend all night trying to reassure her of his love even while refusing to explain why he was being so hurtful. She begged him to stay until morning, but he slipped away after she fell into exhausted sleep. That part of the story had bothered me, because whether or not he realized it, that night three weeks earlier constituted a "mercy f***"

So here's how I'm envisioning the night they reunited:

• First they make sad sweet love, crying in relief as they do.
  • Next, they talk about all the awful that transpired the prior three weeks, now that there's no longer any need for Gideon to hide the truth from Eva herself.
  • Once that part is over and they both have a sense of relief, they have incredibly passionate sex where they almost tear one another to pieces, so starved they'd been for one another for weeks.
  • Then they talk some more, this time to formulate plans about what they're going to do now, more afraid of the police than ever. Together they decide how they're going to conduct their reunited relationship in secret for now.
  • Finally, they fall asleep exhausted. Today's snippet is them half waking up in the middle of the night, snuggling closer to one another, and falling back asleep again.
  • Next morning, they wake up so happy they can joke about him being a Christmas present already unwrapped and without batteries needed. The fact Gideon's got claw marks on him shows there had been some wild monkey sex sometime before the morning.

Lol..!! We know its not Sylvia's fault but the wait is ridiculous..! My whole thing is I kinda don't want to read EWY if there is going to be a fourth book because of the stunt the publisher pull pushing back the release of EWY.!! Are they going to do it again..?

That's my fear as well which is why the idea of an all out petition is becoming soooo freaking appealing. I am going to work on that. and piece some narrative together. Lol. Like I said, " I got time on my hands so I can do done harassing (appropriately)

Excellent point, KiMa, about Sylvia saying "Easter morning?" in recognition that while today happens to be Easter Sunday in the United States, she's got fans all over the world, and not every national calendar would note today as "Easter."

Plus it's being culturally sensitive (and politically correct) to note not everyone in her legion of fans observes Easter. Passover began at sunset Friday and lasted through sunset last evening. Meanwhile, for other major world religions, this past weekend had been an ordinary one not marked by any significant religious holidays.

So it was her way of saying to each fan "do you celebrate Easter? If so, happy Easter. And if not, well that's more than OK too. Happy Sunday."

That's my fear as well which is why the idea of an all out petition is becoming soooo freaking appealing. I am going to work on that. and piece some narrative together. Lol. Like I said, " I got time on my hands so I can do done harassing (appropriately)

Just this week on Facebook, Sylvia explained her publisher wants to make sure there's no repeat of the fan disappointment that happened when Reflected came out -- the immediate overwhelming demand far exceeded the number of copies printed, so some fans weren't able to buy books the day Reflected came out. They sold out too fast.

I'm disappointed too, but I'm glad Penguin Books is doing this right -- making sure there are enough books for the bookstores, the huge mail order companies (like Amazon). And making sure the pre-release logistics are all handled right, the way they should for an author who is a number one New York Times best-selling author. It's a lot more complicated to release a book when hundreds of thousands of copies are being made in the first run than it is to release a book when only tens of thousands of copies are being printed on the first run.

My advice: bug Penguin Books, but leave Sylvia out of it. She has zero control over the release date. No author has control over release date, no matter how big the author is. Even with books like Harry Potter, it is the publishing house that makes all those decisions. The author's part of the process ends when he or she turns in the finished manuscript. The publishing company then has work to do. The bigger the author, the more complicated the work the publishing company needs to do. This time, they want to get Entwined's release done right.

If you get it going I'll sure sign..!! My friends keep telling me about these books then when I read the reviews I was like ok I'll read them, with the notion that EWY was coming out 12/31/12 but that then changed to 5/7/13 then it changed aging to 6/4/13 I have no other choice to wait, but release a fourth book...!! Oh man the wait..! Don't think I'd like a repeat of this..! Someone needs to send the publisher a message..! That's not cool..!!

Right now I'm reading the bad boy series by M.leighton. I just finished up to no good by Carl weber (very good book) in between book I listen to BTY and RIY on audible..! I have seven years to sin on audible but I can't seem to get into it..!! But yea I'll take suggestion to.! :)

Right now I'm reading the bad boy series by M.leighton. I just finished up to no good by Carl weber (very good book) in between book I listen to BTY and RIY on audible..! I have seven years to sin on audible but I can't seem to get into it..!! But yea I'll take suggestion to.! :)

I read a sample of Seven Years To Sin on my Kindle, but it just didn't grab me the way the Crossfire novels did, so I decided against buying it. I've never been much of a person for historical fiction -- I mostly read contemporary fiction. I do however enjoy some fantasy and paranormal genre stuff (Harry Potter, Twilight) so I'm considering checking out some of Sylvia's stuff in those genres.

Sylvia also has a new contemporary series coming out this year, with novels due for release in August and November. I'm definitely going to check out the first one, and if I love it (as I'm sure I probably will) I'll check out the second.

I'll check them out. I have pretty much just about read all her other books (getting pretty close). Seven Years of Sin is pretty great and also Ask for It.

I always go back to Gideon & Eva daily and obsessively at that. I have also purchases BTW & RIY on audio and loving it :)

Beth Kerry's Francesa & Ian's story also was okay. And Shannon McKenna is an awesome writer as well!

I read a sample of Seven Years To Sin on my Kindle, but it just didn't grab me the way the Crossfire novels did, so I decided against buying it. I've never been much of a person for historical fiction -- I mostly read contemporary fiction. I do however enjoy some fantasy and paranormal genre stuff (Harry Potter, Twilight) so I'm considering checking out some of Sylvia's stuff in those genres.

Sylvia also has a new contemporary series coming out this year, with novels due for release in August and November. I'm definitely going to check out the first one, and if I love it (as I'm sure I probably will) I'll check out the second.

Idk what it is, I've tried to read it and listen to it but can't get into it..! I'm waiting for afterburn and aftershock by SD..! I like drama a good story line doesn't really matter.!

I'll check them out. I have pretty much just about read all her other books (getting pretty close). Seven Years of Sin is pretty great and also Ask for It.

I always go back to Gideon & Eva daily and obsessively at that. I have also purchases BTW & RIY on audio and loving it :)

Beth Kerry's Francesa & Ian's story also was okay. And Shannon McKenna is an awesome writer as well!

I will check those out.! Your not the only person to tell me Seven Years To Sin was great so I'm going to try to read it on spring vacation In 2 weeks before Samantha Youngs "Down London Road" comes out.!

I really liked the Bad Boy Series, I have read that as well as others by M. Leighton and I enjoyed the books a lot for what it is worth.  I have found quite a few authors that I have also enjoyed reading their books.  KA Robinson, J Kenner, Sydney Landon. Cora Carmack, Raine Miller and Maya Banks (the 2nd of 3rd in the series I am reading is being released on Tuesday) just to name a few :)

I really liked the Bad Boy Series, I have read that as well as others by M. Leighton and I enjoyed the books a lot for what it is worth.  I have found quite a few authors that I have also enjoyed reading their books.  KA Robinson, J Kenner, Sydney Landon. Cora Carmack, Raine Miller and Maya Banks (the 2nd of 3rd in the series I am reading is being released on Tuesday) just to name a few :)

I love cash & Nash to..! I saw Maya Bank on the audible I'll check her out now..!

I think the new snippets all seem to show Gideon sleeping through the night with Eva. I think this is because Gideon's meds have finally started to take effect. I think he was probably prescribed an antidepressant which takes 3 to 4 weeks to kick in as opposed to a typical sleeping pill but I also think that since the Nathan problem has gone away he doesn't seem to have the vengeful nightmares that I think Eva's situation triggered. what do you all think?

I don't think Corrine is as bad a character though. For some reason I think she will suprise us all.

Her and Eva won't be BFF but I don't think she is such a bad person.

I suppose we can always give her the benefit of the doubt but only June 4th will tell. LOL

I think the new snippets all seem to show Gideon sleeping through the night with Eva. I think this is because Gideon's meds have finally started to take effect. I think he was probably prescribed an antidepressant which takes 3 to 4 weeks to kick in as opposed to a typical sleeping pill but I also think that since the Nathan problem has gone away he doesn't seem to have the vengeful nightmares that I think Eva's situation triggered. what do you all think?

One thing is sure.. He needed to feel her close to him..!!

If definitely had been a sleep med, one to be taken on an as-needed basis (i.e. to put him deeply asleep so he wouldn't become violent) Not every night (because he didn't suffer insomnia) nor an anti-depressant. He was treated for a sleep disorder in the same overall class as sleepwalking, though what Gideon had was rarer.

Hi Sscrph,

Gideon had been prescribed a type of sleeping pill.  He isn't on anti-depressants at all.  His problem is specific to para-somnia.  I suspect that he is still having nightmares in part because he hasn't been forthcoming with Eva about his past and as such it still looms over his head.

Gideon also hasn't dealt with his past abuse issues (which is completely understandable given his circumstances).  I think that when Gideon starts being honest with Eva and receiving active therapy for his past abuse issues, then I believe that his nightmares will lessen.  I am not sure that they will go away completely, but their intensity and severity should hopefully lessen.