The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Hi LNCronan,

You are correct; Gideon and Eva had discussed and come to the conclusion that they were going to have sex exclusively.  After I sat and thought about everything, I think that Gideon may have said ok to Eva, but he was still compartmentalizing Eva into his life and not really allowing her in. 

I think that because of Gideon choosing to have s** with Eva at his f*** pad.  He had always brought back every other s** partner casual or otherwise to his hotel.  I think that if Eva had known about the nature of that particular space, there is no way that she would have had s** there or maybe she wouldn’t have continued the relationship given how she was being categorized.

I think that prior to the hotel, Gideon had feelings for Eva, strong ones (maybe even love after having s** in the limousine), but I don’t think that Gideon had fully committed or understood what that even meant until Eva decided that she wasn’t going to be treated like one of the masses. 

Only when Gideon actually invited Eva back to his apartment, did I feel that they “actually†started really being “boyfriend and girlfriendâ€.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gigi when Eva is up in Gideon's office he states that he wants to do whatever he has to do to spend as much time with her in and out of bed. Also when they are at Crosstrainer he introduces Eva to Daniel as his girlfriend. Eva herself says they are both so confused about what is happening between the two of them that it is easy to fall back into established patterns like Gideon did by taking her to the hotel. So even though she was offended by it she understood it. Gideon wanted to take Eva back to his place for more than sex he wanted her warmth and her presence there too. I think he was reeling by how he felt when she ran out of he hotel and he was trying to process it. At this point already I think it is beyond girlfriend and probably love. What do you all think?

Hi Sscrph,

When I read the passage and then sat and thought about it, I think that yes Gideon did agree to continue to see Eva but I think that in some way, Gideon was still trying to compartmentalize his relationship with Eva.  Up until that point, Gideon had always gotten his way when it came to women.  Everyone always seemed to go along with his preferences.  Eva was the very first woman who demanded a say in how their s****l relationship would go. 

I hope I am making sense.  I also agree with you.  I think that by the time Gideon brought Eva back to his apartment, he was already in love with Eva.  What does everyone think?

Hi LNCronan,

I just quickly wanted to add that when Gideon took Eva to the Advocacy Dinner he was adhering to the tenants of their first agreement and not the revised edition (as was later agreed upon in Gideon’s office over lunch).

I also wanted to thank you for clearing up that little snippet snafu.  I have read about so many marks (claw, scratch, or otherwise,), that it gets a little interesting in keeping up with everything.  It is almost like playing a game of “Where’s Waldo?†with all the snippets and photos. :) 

Hi Donnad,

Your theory about Cary having contacted Brett is an interesting one.  I wonder if Sylvia will address how and why Brett came into contact with Eva.  It will make for an interesting piece of dialogue.  Thus far, I am still on the fence as to whether Cary did make contact with Brett or not.  I don’t know why he would do that if he did.  Cary knew how much Eva liked Brett back in the day, but he also saw how Eva degraded herself and her body with Brett and also how badly that devastated her when they were in group therapy together.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I keep going back to the same point. I do not understand why the NYPD would be wasting their resources trying to solve the homicide of a convicted rapist/child molester. They themselves have seen the evidence of his heinous acts so for them to even pursue it this far is completely unwarranted let alone trying to convict one of the richest men in the world of this crime. Career suicide or career stupidity take your pick. Not only was Nathan a danger to Eva but he was a nature to others as well. He certainly was not cured of his affliction if anything his situation worsened. So I think we should put this to rest and hope Detective Graves gets fired for her tenacity .

Hi Sscrph, 

I agree with you.  I don't think that any DA, in his/her right mind would touch a case like this with a ten foot pole.  I agree with what Mrsmajessick said.  There simply isn't any evidence.  This entire case is based on supposition and speculation and a detective's theories.  The point is, the case wouldn't be a winnable one and if a DA was stupid enough to try a case like this; he or she would be committng career suicide.

Some ambitious prosecutors get stupid enough to pursue high profile cases they think they can win. Gideon is a celebrity, not just a billionaire. Plus his father, a notorious financial criminal, "escaped justice" by killing himself. There are some prosecutors who would consider him  a career-making trophy.

The detectives DON'T have the final say on whether or not to proceed on this case. It's the district attorney's office that has the sole power to make that call. If authorities really had decided to drop the matter, the district attorney's office would notify Gideon's lawyers. Not have some cop indirectly notifying Gideon via his now-ex-girlfriend who dumped him a couple of weeks ago.

A simple check of the phone records would show a call from Eva's home to Gideon's cell that he took while at the police station. From the devastation on his face, the detective guessed correctly Eva had called to dump him. When the detective later "ran into Eva" (cough, cough) she tricked Eva into confirming Eva dumped Gideon after Nathan was found dead, not Gideon dumped Eva while Nathan had still been very much alive.

Besides, the prosecution may question whether the means justify the ends. Though his goal was to save someone else's life, Gideon took the law into his own hands and committed one of society's worst crimes: first degree murder.

Hi LNCronan,

I just wanted to point out that there isn’t one piece of physical evidence (not one shred…), no finger prints, no fiber evidence, no blood evidence, no foot prints, no videotape, no documentation….no nothing!  The DA would only have supposition and speculation.   I think that in itself would be a cause for concern for any DA who would be considering trying a case like this. 

Just because Gideon’s dad was a ponzi schemer and committed suicide doesn’t mean that Gideon would follow in his father’s footsteps.  I don’t think that a DA could reasonably correlate one with the other. 

I don’t know what the criterion is for justifiable homicide but I am not sure that Gideon would even fit that criterion.  If what you say is true, then Gideon planned this entire situation and to me that reeks of premeditation.  I will have to as Mrsmajessick for clarification on that end. 

Finally I just wanted to also clarify that Gideon is a billionaire first and a public figure second.  Any DA who would be foolish enough to consider taking on a case like this would also have to realize that Gideon has billions of dollars at his disposal for his defense and NO DA would have those types of coffers to try that kind of case.  At the end of the day, you can’t sell suppositions and facial expressions to a jury.

Hi Mrsmajessick,

Could you please explain what the criterion is for justifiable homicide?  Does Gideon's case fall under the justifiable homicide umbrella or is it a case of a premeditated murder scenario?  Your help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi GiGi!

Re: the case against Gideon -- two words: circumstantial evidence. Prosecutors do manage to get convictions based on that alone. They face a bigger uphill battle when they lack direct evidence (stuff from forensics) to bolster. About the only slam dunk evidence is a confession.

And it is possible the detectives do have additional evidence that Eva (and thus we readers) doesn't know about. If Detective Graves is trying to trap Gideon via Eva, I'll bet she fed Eva only enough info to send Eva running back to Gideon. Graves will have known that everything she did tell Eva would get back to Gideon's defense lawyers. So I doubt the detective would have put all her evidence onto the table.

Hi Donnad,

Your theory about Cary having contacted Brett is an interesting one.  I wonder if Sylvia will address how and why Brett came into contact with Eva.  It will make for an interesting piece of dialogue.  Thus far, I am still on the fence as to whether Cary did make contact with Brett or not.  I don’t know why he would do that if he did.  Cary knew how much Eva liked Brett back in the day, but he also saw how Eva degraded herself and her body with Brett and also how badly that devastated her when they were in group therapy together.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

My guess is it was the other way around -- Brett tracked down Cary down via the Internet, finding out which modelling agency represents Cary and getting hold of Cary that way. This method -- use the Internet to discover where someone works -- is exactly what Brett did to track down Eva so he could talk with her a few days after the concert.

Here's a thought: Cary was the one who told Eva he'd found online a transcript of an interview Brett gave a radio station, an interview in which he revealed he was seeking another shot at Eva. Cary made it seem to Eva like he simply stumbled across it. But what if that wasn't the case -- Cary already was in direct contact with Brett and was already planning to play matchmaker. 

Here's a timeline of what I think might have been going on in the background:

• Over the weekend following the fight, Brett started researching Eva (and by extension Gideon) online, discovering photos and stories the pair started dating earlier that summer. However after only a few weeks, Gideon no longer was photographed with Eva (this was because Nathan showed up, but no one else would have known.)
  • Brett wondered whether this meant the relationship was already starting to fizzle even before the concert -- lack of new photos plus eyewitness accounts from his bandmates that during the fight, Gideon had people throw Eva into his limo and get her out of his sight.
  • This suspicion the relationship was in trouble was the reason why he sought Eva out a few days later. He found out where she works and he showed up there. Over lunch, he asked her point blank whether the relationship was serious. The answer he got was Eva was in love, but she was unsure how serious the relationship was (this was true -- remember, Gideon had already begun pulling away and had taken Corrine out the night before. When Eva had lunch with Brett, Eva was feeling very insecure and hurt.)
  • Out on the road, Brett continued to check -- and kept finding stuff that Gideon was with Corrine while Eva was nowhere to be found.
  • As the concert tour neared its end, Brett got Cary's phone number via Cary's modelling agency and called Cary to ask about the Eva-Gideon status. Cary told him Eva had ended things with Gideon. So Brett now knew the coast was clear to go after Eva.
  • That's when Brett used an interview as a public opportunity to state his intentions toward Eva.
  • When Cary told Eva about the interview Monday after Eva got home from work, Cary casually suggested Brett was all lined up to be a rebound guy. Maybe Cary by then was actually secretly working with Brett to try to help Brett.
  • I think that particular interview, given over the weekend just days before Reflected ended, was the first time Brett had actually come out and said he wants Eva back. Knowing the coast to Eva was clear and the concert tour nearing its end, Brett began laying his groundwork to publicly woo Eva.
  • What makes me think this was the first time he told a journalist something like that is because of what happened the following Monday. Gideon finally broke his absolute no-contact with Eva in order to give her back the promise ring and ask her to "wait." I'll bet Gideon had been following Brett online too, and Gideon panicked upon reading for the first time Brett making it clear he'd reconnected with Eva and was seeking another chance (remember, Gideon does not know what Eva and Brett discussed over lunch.)
  • That was Monday. Two days later (Wednesday evening) Reflected wrapped up. The Brett re-appearance is early in Entwined (everything points to it happening in Chapter Four). So my guess is the Times Square event takes place maybe on Friday night or over the weekend. Gideon may have already known even back on Monday, via Vidal Records, the Six-Ninths tour was done and Brett was due back in New York for post-tour publicity.

As expected, the rush of fans racing to the site to see Snapshot #5 has overwhelmed the server, so you may have to wait until later to see for yourselves.

The picture is of a pile of three white terrycloth towels, either hand towel or small bath towel size. They're very neatly folded in a pile and tied up together with red ribbon.

That's what we've got for a clue into Chapter 5 of Entwined.

As expected, the rush of fans racing to the site to see Snapshot #5 has overwhelmed the server, so you may have to wait until later to see for yourselves.

The picture is of a pile of three white terrycloth towels, either hand towel or small bath towel size. They're very neatly folded in a pile and tied up together with red ribbon.

That's what we've got for a clue into Chapter 5 of Entwined.

I'm stumped???

I think today's snapshot shows new sheets...like they are moving in together and setting up house in a new place together.

Maybe Gideon purchased the house in North Carolina and they can lay low there on the weekends till the mess with the cops is cleared up

My first guess is that by Chapter 5, they've worked out a way for Eva to consistently be able to sneak in to see Gideon in his penthouse -- using the service entrance to the building. In fact, after that first night at Eva's, they're now avoiding meeting there and instead are spending their time at Gideon's place.

When I saw the towels neatly tied up, my first thought was "linen service" which then quickly lead me to think "household staff."

In Snippet #7, Eva is on a girl's night out in one of Gideon's clubs, and she jokingly drunk dials Gideon to tease him that she's "being bad." He says "Come home and be bad with me." Given that it's nighttime and probably the weekend by now, it's likely he's home. So his asking her to come home to him means they've already started seeing one another there instead of her apartment.

My theory is that after the night they reunited, with him sneaking into her apartment the evening the cops spilled the beans, they haven't dared use it since, because Cary would still be staying in every night continuing to recuperate at home from his broken bones and other injuries. Basis of this theory:

• It'd be too risky to let Cary know the "truth" at this time. And not just because of the fact the more people know, the higher the danger. Cary is already inexorably tied to the case because of the beating -- that beating is the basis of Gideon's motive to kill Nathan. So just like Gideon had been keeping Eva in the dark for her own legal protection, Cary still needs the same legal protection. If the cops found out he knew Gideon and Eva were secretly involved again and had always been in love period, they'd try to make Cary a key witness for the prosecution.
  • Cary might -- MIGHT -- be captain of Team Brett right now. Especially if Cary thinks that Gideon's sneaking in to spend the night with Eva earlier that week was nothing more than the same thing Gideon had done three weeks earlier: "bang" Eva and then reject Eva the day after, because Gideon's "girlfriend" now is Corrine, not Eva. If Cary (falsely) believes Gideon is using Eva just for sex, something that would continue to agonize Eva, Cary likely would be even more inclined to push Brett as the rebound boyfriend for Eva. 

Cary wants what's best for Eva. If Cary believes (falsely) Gideon is continuing to hurt Eva by confusing her sexually and still rejecting her publicly, Cary would turn very anti-Gideon. Thus, Gideon shouldn't go over to Eva's apartment anymore. The natural alternative is for Eva to go over to Gideon's place.

Remember, Cary has seen most of the ugly (including Gideon's nightmare violence) and very little of the sweet. Just recently, he watched Eva suffer in deep pain for two weeks. Cary was encouraged that after two weeks of the worst, Eva began turning into New Eva, moving on.

Now Brett's back -- and Cary thinks Brett has settled down from the wild guy Brett was four-plus years ago, when Eva had been throwing herself at Brett. Plus Brett now is enjoying commercial success. And a part of Eva is still warm for Brett's form. Plus she forgave Brett (over lunch) for how things had ended four years ago. In Cary's eyes, Brett's the natural choice now.

Ah, if Cary only knew the truth about Gideon. Problem is -- at this early part of the story, the truth is a deeply buried secret between Gideon and Eva -- and the cops.