The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

My first guess is that by Chapter 5, they've worked out a way for Eva to consistently be able to sneak in to see Gideon in his penthouse -- using the service entrance to the building. In fact, after that first night at Eva's, they're now avoiding meeting there and instead are spending their time at Gideon's place.

When I saw the towels neatly tied up, my first thought was "linen service" which then quickly lead me to think "household staff."

In Snippet #7, Eva is on a girl's night out in one of Gideon's clubs, and she jokingly drunk dials Gideon to tease him that she's "being bad." He says "Come home and be bad with me." Given that it's nighttime and probably the weekend by now, it's likely he's home. So his asking her to come home to him means they've already started seeing one another there instead of her apartment.

My theory is that after the night they reunited, with him sneaking into her apartment the evening the cops spilled the beans, they haven't dared use it since, because Cary would still be staying in every night continuing to recuperate at home from his broken bones and other injuries. Basis of this theory:

• It'd be too risky to let Cary know the "truth" at this time. And not just because of the fact the more people know, the higher the danger. Cary is already inexorably tied to the case because of the beating -- that beating is the basis of Gideon's motive to kill Nathan. So just like Gideon had been keeping Eva in the dark for her own legal protection, Cary still needs the same legal protection. If the cops found out he knew Gideon and Eva were secretly involved again and had always been in love period, they'd try to make Cary a key witness for the prosecution.
  • Cary might -- MIGHT -- be captain of Team Brett right now. Especially if Cary thinks that Gideon's sneaking in to spend the night with Eva earlier that week was nothing more than the same thing Gideon had done three weeks earlier: "bang" Eva and then reject Eva the day after, because Gideon's "girlfriend" now is Corrine, not Eva. If Cary (falsely) believes Gideon is using Eva just for sex, something that would continue to agonize Eva, Cary likely would be even more inclined to push Brett as the rebound boyfriend for Eva. 

Cary wants what's best for Eva. If Cary believes (falsely) Gideon is continuing to hurt Eva by confusing her sexually and still rejecting her publicly, Cary would turn very anti-Gideon. Thus, Gideon shouldn't go over to Eva's apartment anymore. The natural alternative is for Eva to go over to Gideon's place.

Remember, Cary has seen most of the ugly (including Gideon's nightmare violence) and very little of the sweet. Just recently, he watched Eva suffer in deep pain for two weeks. Cary was encouraged that after two weeks of the worst, Eva began turning into New Eva, moving on.

Now Brett's back -- and Cary thinks Brett has settled down from the wild guy Brett was four-plus years ago, when Eva had been throwing herself at Brett. Plus Brett now is enjoying commercial success. And a part of Eva is still warm for Brett's form. Plus she forgave Brett (over lunch) for how things had ended four years ago. In Cary's eyes, Brett's the natural choice now.

Ah, if Cary only knew the truth about Gideon. Problem is -- at this early part of the story, the truth is a deeply buried secret between Gideon and Eva -- and the cops.

Hi LNCronan,

I agree that it would probably be better at this point for Cary to remain in the dark about Gideon and Eva.  That boy likes to make “mischiefâ€.  :)   I seriously can’t figure out what Cary’s motives are for keeping Eva in the dark about Brett.  I don’t know if he is testing Eva’s relationship with Gideon or whether he doesn’t want Eva to be with Gideon.  I can completely understand Cary’s reservations about Gideon.  Quite frankly Gideon hasn’t had a stellar reputation when it comes to Eva. 

You also bring up another very good point, will Cary find out about Gideon’s deep dark past?  I wonder if that would sway Cary’s opinion of Gideon.  Again there are so many questions that are followed by more questions and so on and so on and so on…

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Eva is seeing Gideon in secret at his penthouse where is she telling Cary that she has been all night? She usually calls Cary to tell him when she stays out all night.

Hi Sscrph,

That is a good question.  I hope that Sylvia gives us a few more snippets...sigh!  All this waiting is torture! :)

Hi gals !

I'm returning thoughts to snapshot 1 the newspaper .

With that in mind the Tuesday that Eva had lunch with Brett she took him to the restaurant that her and Cary had been at and papperazzi had photographed then.

So then with that in mind could the papperazzi done the same with her and Brett ?

Witha little digging they surely would have found out that Eva Tramell is the Eva in "Golden"

Breaking that news prior to the concert in time square with a quote from Brett that he wanted to hook up with Eva and make it work.

Any other thoughts ??

Interesting. Something none of us thought about when Snapshot #1 hit. Good job of connecting the dots to Snapshot #4.

Adding an additional possibility: what if the tabloids have a little "help" (cough, cough) in finding out about Brett and Eva. The help being that master of media manipulation, Gideon. The story about the fight is bound to come out sooner or later anyway -- why not make it sooner in order to help get the cops to finally back down?

Gossip that Gideon dumped Eva over Brett is a lot stronger cover story than the current version Gideon put out there the week Nathan died, Gideon dumped Eva over Corrine.

What if Eva and Gideon decided together the night they reunited to go with the stronger story, Gideon-Eva-Brett love triangle, because obviously the cops haven't bought the Eva-Gideon-Corrine love triangle?

Because, among things, it lessens the need for Gideon to spend time with Corrine. Gideon probably isn't going to like anything that makes Brett come running, but hey, tough luck. Things are getting scary.

I just had a thought, what if Victor came back to town? Guest towels??

Hi Sscrph,

I really hope we get to see Victor in the next book.  I have so many unanswered questions that I hope will be resolved in the next book. How much did Victor know about what was going on in his daughter's life?  Will Eva tell him about her past?  WIll Monica reveal the secrets that she has been hiding from Victor?  Will Victor be able to forgive Monica for hiding such a huge secret from him?  See more questions... :)

Hi gals !

I'm returning thoughts to snapshot 1 the newspaper .

With that in mind the Tuesday that Eva had lunch with Brett she took him to the restaurant that her and Cary had been at and papperazzi had photographed then.

So then with that in mind could the papperazzi done the same with her and Brett ?

Witha little digging they surely would have found out that Eva Tramell is the Eva in "Golden"

Breaking that news prior to the concert in time square with a quote from Brett that he wanted to hook up with Eva and make it work.

Any other thoughts ??

Hi ShazScott1980,

How would the paparazzi find out that Eva is the girl in "Golden"?  I think that Eva would have kept a low profile, even back in her groupie days.  Do you think that someone in the band spilled the beans or maybe even Brett himself?  How do you think that they would have made the connection?  Any thoughts?

The papperazzi only need to put two and two together Eva int a common name.

She goes out for lunch with him.

Someone at the concert not necessarily Brett or the band members(a groupie or stage hand ) could spill to the press about the fight with Gideon and Brett .

I think if questioned about Eva being the girl in golden I think that he would say.

When Brett was interviewed by a radio station near the end of Reflected (the weekend before - Reflected ends on Wednesday evening with Eva on Gideon's doorstep), he was asked if there really was an Eva out there.

Based on what Cary told Eva, Brett simply confirmed there was (i.e. didn't go into any great detail, especially not Eva's full name.) However, Cary just mentioned the interview in passing to Eva after she got home from work on Monday. He didn't show Eva the full transcript, which was online.

So what if Cary neglected (cough, cough) to tell Eva everything -- like Brett actually said a lot more about Eva during that interview. Who, Cary -- overlook giving Eva fair warning when it comes to Brett? Um, kinda like overlooking telling her Six-Ninths was the new name of Brett's band, so Eva got blindsided when she went to the concert. Yeah, that Cary (LOL).

So, let's say Brett got a lot more detailed about Eva in that interview. It happened down in Florida, so it's conceivable that the full story hadn't yet made it's way to Eva's ears up in New York when Reflected ended just 48 hours later. Especially if the New York media had not yet caught wind of it.

But Gideon probably has seen the full text of that weekend interview, so if there's a lot more to it, he already knows. Why else did he break 12 days of no contact with Eva midday Monday (without explanation, cornering her in an elevator at the Crossfire to put the promise ring back on her hand and simply ask her "wait.") Something Brett said must have spooked Gideon badly.

So ..... obviously, Gideon and Eva have a lot of catching up to do in Chapter One of Entwined, now that there's no longer any need for secrecy. Gideon never did get to hear what had gone on three weeks earlier when Eva took Brett to lunch. What if Gideon asks Eva about the lunch, now that he's at last entitled to ask her about anything. And when they start talking about Brett, Eva finds out the full details of what Gideon read online a few days earlier.

When Brett was interviewed by a radio station near the end of Reflected (the weekend before - Reflected ends on Wednesday evening with Eva on Gideon's doorstep), he was asked if there really was an Eva out there.

Based on what Cary told Eva, Brett simply confirmed there was (i.e. didn't go into any great detail, especially not Eva's full name.) However, Cary just mentioned the interview in passing to Eva after she got home from work on Monday. He didn't show Eva the full transcript, which was online.

So what if Cary neglected (cough, cough) to tell Eva everything -- like Brett actually said a lot more about Eva during that interview. Who, Cary -- overlook giving Eva fair warning when it comes to Brett? Um, kinda like overlooking telling her Six-Ninths was the new name of Brett's band, so Eva got blindsided when she went to the concert. Yeah, that Cary (LOL).

So, let's say Brett got a lot more detailed about Eva in that interview. It happened down in Florida, so it's conceivable that the full story hadn't yet made it's way to Eva's ears up in New York when Reflected ended just 48 hours later. Especially if the New York media had not yet caught wind of it.

But Gideon probably has seen the full text of that weekend interview, so if there's a lot more to it, he already knows. Why else did he break 12 days of no contact with Eva midday Monday (without explanation, cornering her in an elevator at the Crossfire to put the promise ring back on her hand and simply ask her "wait.") Something Brett said must have spooked Gideon badly.

So ..... obviously, Gideon and Eva have a lot of catching up to do in Chapter One of Entwined, now that there's no longer any need for secrecy. Gideon never did get to hear what had gone on three weeks earlier when Eva took Brett to lunch. What if Gideon asks Eva about the lunch, now that he's at last entitled to ask her about anything. And when they start talking about Brett, Eva finds out the full details of what Gideon read online a few days earlier.

Hi LNCronan,

Is it what Brett said about Eva or is it what Gideon saw when Brett showed up at the Crossfire Building and when they went out to lunch?  If Gideon had security detail on Eva before Nathan was killed then I am sure that Gideon would have continued to have Eva’s movements tracked.  What if one of Eva’s security details reported back to Gideon that they were both spotted having lunch together?  Gideon probably saw with his own eyes Brett and Eva meeting in the lobby of the Crossfire Building.  Do you think that would be enough to set his insecurities off? 

Hi LNCronan,

Is it what Brett said about Eva or is it what Gideon saw when Brett showed up at the Crossfire Building and when they went out to lunch?  If Gideon had security detail on Eva before Nathan was killed then I am sure that Gideon would have continued to have Eva’s movements tracked.  What if one of Eva’s security details reported back to Gideon that they were both spotted having lunch together?  Gideon probably saw with his own eyes Brett and Eva meeting in the lobby of the Crossfire Building.  Do you think that would be enough to set his insecurities off? 

By the time Eva got back from lunch, Gideon knew d*** well who she'd gone to lunch with. The elevator Eva tried to take to her own office floor, the 20th, kept going all the way to the top, where a very angry Gideon was waiting in the elevator lobby. 

However, Eva was just as mad about having seen online pictures of Gideon having taken Corrine out to dinner the night before. Gideon wouldn't (couldn't) explain himself -- so Eva refused to explain herself. Thus Gideon never got to know, even by the time Reflected ended three weeks later, exactly what Brett and Eva spent nearly an hour discussing.

That lunch was two days before Nathan died, and by then Gideon knew how much danger Eva was in. He was furious period that she'd defied an order from him to eat at her desk (Yeah, right -- simply order Eva without explanation and think she'd do what you said, Nice try, caveman Gideon.) He was even angrier, obviously, about who she'd gone to lunch with. 

Someone told Gideon, probably security when Brett showed up at the downstairs desk to ask to see Eva. I'll bet Gideon watched over live video Eva go down to the lobby, then leave with Brett. He'd have had his own people tail her to the restaurant and follow her back to the Crossfire. Gideon then probably watched video to see which elevator she boarded -- and he made sure the elevator made an express trip to the top floor (other people in the elevator had been puzzled it wasn't stopping on other floors, but Eva quickly figured out why.)

Bottom line:

• Eva and Brett had some sort of serious talk three weeks ago, and when Reflected ended, Gideon still had no idea what was said nor how the two of them (Eva and Brett) left off.
  • He'd been in no position to demand Eva explain herself weeks ago, because at the time he was refusing in return to explain himself about his sudden renewed contact with Corrine.
  • Later that same week, Eva dumped him after learning Gideon had taken Corrine to a work-related party at the f*** pad hotel. For the next twelve days, Gideon had absolutely no contact whatsoever with Eva.
  • Fast forward to the weekend before Reflected ended, Brett talked about Eva in an interview down in Florida. It's obvious Gideon found out about the interview. At the time, he still was completely out of contact with Eva.
  • He broke the no-contact stance on Monday. So my guess is the weekend interview spooked Gideon, because Gideon could no longer claim Eva publicly. Privately, he must have been terrified that Eva might possibly run straight into to Brett's arms as soon as Brett got back to town.
  • When they did talk a little on Tuesday (the car ride) they'd still not yet discussed Brett.  
  • Gideon and Eva still need to talk about both their exes -- what really had (and had NOT) gone on over the three weeks Gideon pushed Eva away and then Eva dumped him.
  • I expect they'll talk about Brett and Corrine plus a great deal more Wednesday night, when they reunite in Eva's apartment during Chapter One of Entwined.

Hi LNCronan,

Well he sure did know about the lunch because if you remember Angus was there waiting for Eva and he took her back to the Crossfire

555608_504665442934176_1146783354_n.jpg

This has been mentioned on some threads today, but I wanted to bring it over here.

Yay!!!! Thanks for posting the Tweet, Kirsten, as visual proof.

Sylvia has hinted for a while now, even in the FAQ section of her website, that the Crossfire series was originally planned to be a trilogy -- but -- maybe the story was going to extend beyond a trilogy. Now we have official proof via social networking that a 4th book is in the works.

Hopefully she'll start saying more about this right away, not waiting until late May, when the buzz about Entwined's pending release has the media all whipped up and watching closely.

Yay!!!! Thanks for posting the Tweet, Kirsten, as visual proof.

Sylvia has hinted for a while now, even in the FAQ section of her website, that the Crossfire series was originally planned to be a trilogy -- but -- maybe the story was going to extend beyond a trilogy. Now we have official proof via social networking that a 4th book is in the works.

Hopefully she'll start saying more about this right away, not waiting until late May, when the buzz about Entwined's pending release has the media all whipped up and watching closely.

She has been hinting for months that their story is not done. My question really is has she finished writing and they are cutting it into two books? Or does she still have more writing to go? I'm really just anxious to know when we will get the conclusion. Plus she has said a few times over the past few days when someone asked if this would be made into a TV show or a movie her reply is generallly just "YES". I'm anxious to have Gideon wherever I can get him.

I thought I read via tweet? that Sylvia said she has been doing nothing else but writing The Crossfire Series, I'm hoping that means the 4th book is already written or nearly written.  I read so much of these forums and tweets I can't really remember when or where I read that.  I sure don't want to wait another 6 months for the 4th installment.

That would be awesome if she is already done writing the 4th book. Hopefully that means we won't have to wait long for it to be released.

Sylvia has two volumes of a new contemporary series (a new romantic couple we haven't yet met as characters) coming out this year - the first volume in August and the second in November.

What if Crossfire # 4 is released in mid-autumn between the two.

Entwined in You is guaranteed to hit the New York Times best-selling list in June. The publisher rides that wave the rest of the summer, enticing readers to check out volume of the new series in August. Then Crossfire #4 releases in the fall, and its momentum helps drive sales of the second new series volume in November.

I hope it plays out that way instead of Crossfire #4 being released in early 2014 instead.

She has been hinting for months that their story is not done. My question really is has she finished writing and they are cutting it into two books? Or does she still have more writing to go? I'm really just anxious to know when we will get the conclusion. Plus she has said a few times over the past few days when someone asked if this would be made into a TV show or a movie her reply is generallly just "YES". I'm anxious to have Gideon wherever I can get him.

That would be awesome if she is already done writing the 4th book. Hopefully that means we won't have to wait long for it to be released.

I hope they make it on HBO...a couple of hours for each book :)

Yes jls! I've been saying the same! lol...hope it won't be too long :)

OK, I can see the fans who demand Entwined includes The Wedding now frantic.

But I've always believed that Entwined would involve Gideon and Eva marrying. Sylvia has said, when she started floating the possibility of a fourth volume, that Gideon "still has a lot of work" to do on himself. What if the 4th volume continues his journey with Eva still alongside, but now alongside as his wife instead of his girlfriend.

Plus when Eva becomes Mrs. Gideon Cross, she goes full-fledged celebrity. So now her own past might become a threat by people wanting to use it to hurt her (or hurt Gideon through her.) 

Another thing, as Entwined digs into Gideon's dark past, including the cover-up of the abuse, there's going to be one or more present-day showdowns. What if those folks (like Dr. Lucas, Gideon's stepfather) decide to fight back. Volume four could concern now-open enemies circling the newlyweds. 

Hey ladies I tweeted SD and she said yes there will be a 4th installment in the crossfire series but she will not discuss at this time because hearing from everyone about EWY is all she can take at once!! Sorry I don't know how to screenshot from my phone at post it..!

But we have something to look forward to..!