Books as good as the Crossfire series

Hi Moonfeather,

I located the author that you mentioned:

• Marique Maas (a.k.a. Esther Verhoef) Books: Walls Of Glass Series
  • Muren Van Glas/The Encounter

I read the synopsis and it sounds really interesting. I am wondering if I can find a Dutch translation. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you for your suggestion. It has been added to the Updated Master List. Thanks again.

GiGi :)

Muren van glas- De ontmoeting is the dutch translation.

I've read it myself and found it a enjoyable read! Cant wait for part 2 "Harde Grenzen" , i really want to know what Daniels issues are. I say if u get the chance to read it, just do it :-)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had started reading the Alpha series a while ago and thought it was just fluff and tons of hot sex.  But the third book is out and I am loving the story now.  It really should have been one book.  The first 2--which i reread since I forgot the story--really are just background for the real story.  So, if you decide to read them, then read them altogether.  

HAH! Funny you should mention Kallypso Masters-I downloaded those first two because they were free! Haven't started them yet. So after the 4, there are 3 more? I'm currently reading Maya Cross' Alpha Group Trilogy. I'll tackle the Masters books after.

Yes.  According to K. Masters' website, her next book is due out Sept or Oct.  She doesn't have a firm date yet. 

I have just started the "This Man" series by Jodi Ellen Malpas.  OMG.  I really hate to put it down and come to work days.  Jesse Ward and Ava O'Shea are interesting characters with a real sizzle between them.  :Fan :Fan... 

This Man

Beneath This Man

This Man Confessed

Hi Avid_Reader,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

Muren van glas- De ontmoeting is the dutch translation.

I've read it myself and found it a enjoyable read! Cant wait for part 2 "Harde Grenzen" , i really want to know what Daniels issues are. I say if u get the chance to read it, just do it :-)

Hi Moonfeather,

I have added the second book to the Master List.  Could you please tell me what the English translations is of the second book?  I tried to look for it yesterday and I wasn't able to find it.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

GiGi  :)

Hi Moonfeather,

I have added the second book to the Master List. Could you please tell me what the English translations is of the second book? I tried to look for it yesterday and I wasn't able to find it. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

GiGi :)

The title of the 2nd book is "Hard Limits", thats how i should translate it. (Just like the bdsm terms of the hard and soft limits).

The title of the 2nd book is "Hard Limits", thats how i should translate it. (Just like the bdsm terms of the hard and soft limits).

Hi Moonfeather,

Thanks for the information.  I have added the English translation to the Master List. You now have my interest peaked even more.  The synopsis of the first book sounds really interesting and I hope that I can find an English translation.  Fingers crossed here...:)

Thanks again,

I just reread this whole thread since I finished UNLOCKED, the final book in the Alpha series.  It was good and as I said, better if you read all 3 books at once.  I thought about ALL the books I have read recently and have come to the conclusion that Sylvia's books for the most part are my favorites, but I adore the THIS MAN  series next to hers,  Then the GABRIEL books.  Loved the STARK series a lot also but I think because Stark reminds me a lot of Gideon.  Still number one man.  

So, I read the BEAUTIFUL series.  I read the ON DUBLIN ST. series.  JANE'S MELODY.  RUSH, BURN, FEVER.  THE REMEMBRANCE series.  Scared myself by how many books iI read.

What would you ladies recommend next? The master list is daunting with so many books.  HELP!!!!!

I had started reading the Alpha series a while ago and thought it was just fluff and tons of hot sex.  But the third book is out and I am loving the story now.  It really should have been one book.  The first 2--which i reread since I forgot the story--really are just background for the real story.  So, if you decide to read them, then read them altogether.  

I finished the series last night (the third book took me about 3 hours to read; they're fairly short).  I think Maya Cross has a great imagination; I imagine the world she built for these books has been in her head for a long time, and I think it's a good start for a new author.  But I think the books could have been stronger with an editor.  I'm not talking about grammar and idiom, here, I'm talking about developing and fleshing out the story in places so that we can experience the world as clearly as she does.  One thing I love about Day's novels is that they stand up to pretty close scrutiny and seem very professional.  Of course, she's been doing this for quite a while, now!

I just reread this whole thread since I finished UNLOCKED, the final book in the Alpha series.  It was good and as I said, better if you read all 3 books at once.  I thought about ALL the books I have read recently and have come to the conclusion that Sylvia's books for the most part are my favorites, but I adore the THIS MAN  series next to hers,  Then the GABRIEL books.  Loved the STARK series a lot also but I think because Stark reminds me a lot of Gideon.  Still number one man.  

So, I read the BEAUTIFUL series.  I read the ON DUBLIN ST. series.  JANE'S MELODY.  RUSH, BURN, FEVER.  THE REMEMBRANCE series.  Scared myself by how many books iI read.

What would you ladies recommend next? The master list is daunting with so many books.  HELP!!!!!

If you liked Maya Banks her KGI series is excellent especially if you like adventure mixed with romance.  I also like how Maya keeps her readers up-to-date with what she is working on with FB posts, tweets and her website.  She is very forthcoming with snippets and teases.  The next KGI book is due out in Dec.

Hi GLH~

I can recommend Collide and Pulse by Gail McHugh and The Blackstone Affair by Raine Miller, these were all very good. I have read most of what you have read here except Jane's Melody, The Remembrance series and Unlocked. I would be curious if they are similar to the other books we seem to both like? Oh I also read the book Tangled by Emma Chase, it was a good book.  

Hi GLH~

I can recommend Collide and Pulse by Gail McHugh and The Blackstone Affair by Raine Miller, these were all very good. I have read most of what you have read here except Jane's Melody, The Remembrance series and Unlocked. I would be curious if they are similar to the other books we seem to both like? Oh I also read the book Tangled by Emma Chase, it was a good book.  

Jane's Melody is excellent.  I'm sure you will like it.

Hi GLH~

Hi Shan--

I liked Jane's Melody, didn't love it.  The Remembrance series is very, very romantic.  Good love scenes but not as erotic as Sylvia's. More like the love scenes in the GABRIEL series which I adore.  I enjoyed the whole series.  UNLOCKED  is the final book in the Alpha series.  As I said upthread, you really should read all 3 together as they really are only 1 book sort of sliced up.  The real story is in the third book, UNLOCKED.  The other 2 are kind of like background and hot se x.  I also read COLLIDE.  I forget most of it.  I think I liked it, but I did not read  PULSE which I think is about another of the triplets?  Will definitely look into THE BLACKSTONE AFFAIR.  Thanks.

I just saw that A PASSION FOR HIM is another book from Sylvia's Georgian series.  How I missed it, I am not sure.  I am gonna look into that today as I love historical fiction.

Hi Shan--

I liked Jane's Melody, didn't love it.  The Remembrance series is very, very romantic.  Good love scenes but not as erotic as Sylvia's. More like the love scenes in the GABRIEL series which I adore.  I enjoyed the whole series.  UNLOCKED  is the final book in the Alpha series.  As I said upthread, you really should read all 3 together as they really are only 1 book sort of sliced up.  The real story is in the third book, UNLOCKED.  The other 2 are kind of like background and hot se x.  I also read COLLIDE.  I forget most of it.  I think I liked it, but I did not read  PULSE which I think is about another of the triplets?  Will definitely look into THE BLACKSTONE AFFAIR.  Thanks.

I just saw that A PASSION FOR HIM is another book from Sylvia's Georgian series.  How I missed it, I am not sure.  I am gonna look into that today as I love historical fiction.

GLH

You need to read, Passion for the Game, first. Passion for Him came after, to make sense.

They are good.

GLH

You need to read, Passion for the Game, first. Passion for Him came after, to make sense.

They are good.

HI Julie--

Yeah, I kind of figured that.  I did dread PFTG  a while ago and since i read so much, I needed to reread it.  The Georgian books are great and the characters intermix even though each book can stand alone.  But since I just read ASK FOR IT, I realize there is an order to them.  I will probably finish PFTG tomorrow and then go for PFH.  

Hi GLH~

Hi Shan/GLH/Ladies,

Could someone please refresh my memory; who wrote the Remembrance Series?  I just wanted to make sure that it is on the Master List.  Thanks again.

Ok ladies. New books to read

Education Of Sebastian

Education Of Caroline.

By Jane Harvey-Berrick

So much passion angst, heartwarming and heartbreaking, and sexy as he*l. Do not miss this story.

Read them both-she used to have a blog site with Sebastian's and Caro's POV. Can't find it anymore. She has a 50 Shades blog and does a pretty good fan fiction with Taylor's POV and both Ana and Christian's.

Hi Gigi--

Author is Kahlen Aymes.

Hi GLH,

Thank you for the information.  I am not familiar with many of the authors, so when someone discusses which books; from which series, I don't have a frame of reference.  I am sure that with so many choices, I will eventually read many of these books.

Ok ladies. New books to read

Education Of Sebastian

Education Of Caroline.

By Jane Harvey-Berrick

So much passion angst, heartwarming and heartbreaking, and sexy as he*l. Do not miss this story.

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the information.  The books have been added to the updated Master List. 

Hi Everyone,

Here are the books that Julie was kind enough to recommend.  There is also an e-book from the same author which is apparently quite popular.

1. Jane Harvey-Berrick Books:  The Education Of…Series
  • Education Of Sebastian
  • Education Of Caroline

1. Jane Harvey-Berrick Books:
  • Dangerous To Know & Love