Books as good as the Crossfire series

The beautiful series is amazing!!!

Hey Jen,

I know you told me before but I forgot to write it down, can you tell me who wrote this series again?

I have not started the Gabriel Inferno series yet, still on the first Stark Trilogy :)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many of the books on the master list are hot/open door/explicit (like Crossfire) and how many are more traditional romance novels.  I've noticed that there's a lot of variation, even within Sylvia Day's books.  Some of the Renegade Angels books are more explicit than others.

GiGi, I mentioned that I read the newest Anita Blake book.  I'm not really sure how to explain that series.  It's by Laurell K. Hamilton, who writes two series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, and Merry.Gentry.  Both series are contemporary and paranormal.  The Anita Blake books (there are currently 22) have been marketed different ways.  They are mysteries.  They've been sold as fantasy and horror.  There's explicit violence, and, starting midway through the series, increasingly explicit sex. They are not romance novels; the arc of each novel doesn't follow the love story.  Hamilton's books are bestsellers, but the writing, well . . .  I've heard similar criticisms to Twilight, Fifty Shades of Grey, etc.  It can get a little clunky and sometimes the writing distracts from the story.  But Hamilton's a storyteller who has created an interesting world that I find compelling.  The Anita books are about humans, vampires, wereanimals, zombies, etc. all living in a contemporary America.

The Merry Gentry books are more sexual right from the beginning, but also violent, and each novel also follows a mystery arc.  That series is about ancient European courts of faerie relocated to contemporary America.

http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/

Just finished the last book in the stark trilogy, I really enjoyed the books, no where near as good as Crossfire obviously but still a good read and the final book tied up alot of loose ends altho the last few chapters did feel a little rushed!

Now what to read next?!

I just finished it too. I really enjoyed it but i am still going through Gideon withdrawl.

Ah well. I'm just reading it again. I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms too. Alistair is helping to alleviate the yearning!!! Lol

Going to start the Crossfire books again. :)

Thats a good plan:) I have a few other books that i am going to finish and then i will go back and re-read crossfire because its my obsession. 

Thats a good plan:) I have a few other books that i am going to finish and then i will go back and re-read crossfire because its my obsession.

I haven't touched the Crossfire series for three weeks now, been reading Sylvia's Georgian books-brilliant reads. Read Janes Melody-very good read. On Dublin Street-very good read.

Also got Afterburn coming out in 2 weeks. :) just in time when I finish with Gideon. :)

I haven't touched the Crossfire series for three weeks now, been reading Sylvia's Georgian books-brilliant reads. Read Janes Melody-very good read. On Dublin Street-very good read.

Also got Afterburn coming out in 2 weeks. :) just in time when I finish with Gideon. :)

I really enjoyed chapter 1 of Afterburn what did everyone think of it??

Yes they are my obsession too but I just love Entwined With You the most ; I could probably reread it once a week and sadly I almost do I just can't get into anything else right now until I'm done with Gideon and Eva and I know it's really over!! :)

Yes they are my obsession too but I just love Entwined With You the most ; I could probably reread it once a week and sadly I almost do I just can't get into anything else right now until I'm done with Gideon and Eva and I know it's really over!! :)

This is how I feel love EWY reread alot or just parts of it.  :)

I really enjoyed chapter 1 of Afterburn what did everyone think of it??

I really looking forward to the new book. Reading chapter 1 and the snippets, it looks promising. I love the idea of the Italian family. After reading Sylvia's Georgian series, which I loved I need a new outlet. Before Captivated comes out!

Hey Jen,

I know you told me before but I forgot to write it down, can you tell me who wrote this series again?

I have not started the Gabriel Inferno series yet, still on the first Stark Trilogy :)

Hi Sheens,

1. Christina Lauren Books:
  • Beautiful B*tch
  • Beautiful B*stard
  • Beautiful Stranger

I wonder how many of the books on the master list are hot/open door/explicit (like Crossfire) and how many are more traditional romance novels.  I've noticed that there's a lot of variation, even within Sylvia Day's books.  Some of the Renegade Angels books are more explicit than others.

GiGi, I mentioned that I read the newest Anita Blake book.  I'm not really sure how to explain that series.  It's by Laurell K. Hamilton, who writes two series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, and Merry.Gentry.  Both series are contemporary and paranormal.  The Anita Blake books (there are currently 22) have been marketed different ways.  They are mysteries.  They've been sold as fantasy and horror.  There's explicit violence, and, starting midway through the series, increasingly explicit sex. They are not romance novels; the arc of each novel doesn't follow the love story.  Hamilton's books are bestsellers, but the writing, well . . .  I've heard similar criticisms to Twilight, Fifty Shades of Grey, etc.  It can get a little clunky and sometimes the writing distracts from the story.  But Hamilton's a storyteller who has created an interesting world that I find compelling.  The Anita books are about humans, vampires, wereanimals, zombies, etc. all living in a contemporary America.

The Merry Gentry books are more sexual right from the beginning, but also violent, and each novel also follows a mystery arc.  That series is about ancient European courts of faerie relocated to contemporary America.

http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the link.  Your suggestions have been added to the Master LIst.

1. Laurell K. Hamilton Books:  Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series
  • Guilty Pleasures
  • The Laughing Corpse
  • Circus Of The Damned
  • The Lunatic Cafe
  • Bloody Bones
  • The Killing Dance
  • Burnt Offerings
  • Blue Moon
  • Obsidian Butterfly
  • Narcissus In Chains
  • Cerulean Sins