Books as good as the Crossfire series

HI Sheens,

I just wanted to add, you made corrections on the abbreviated List. When I posted the Master List; it included both the Romantic and Non Romatic Book List.  My Word Document lists everything in numerical order but when I copied and pasted it, everything comes back as 1, 1, 1,....(huge pain in the tushie). 

So I tried to correct it but the second Non Romantic List got cut off...sigh!! Oh, well what can you do...:)  I have the Master and if anyone wants it let me know and I will send an email with a word document attachment.  Or if someone can tell me how to attach a document; step by step, on this thread, let me know and I will do that.  Thanks. 

GiGi  :)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A BiG THANKS   to whoever told us about the 2 prequels to the Blackstone Affair.  They were perfect and tied in the modern day story perfectly and it sounds like #4 will continue the old/new relationship.   :)

You will have to educate me here, what are the Blackstone Affair, I have heard it before but for the life of me I cannot remember what those books were or their titles and the authors, can you help please :)

Books:

1. Maya Banks :  KGI Series
  • The Darkest Hour (1)
  • No Place To Run (2)
  • Hidden Away (3)
  • Whispers In The Dark (4)
  • Echoes At Dawn (5)
  • Shades of Grey (6)
  • Forged In Steele
  • ? (December release expected)
  1. Maya Banks:  The Colter Legacy Series
  • Understood
  • Overheard
  • Undenied
  • Be With Me
  1. Samantha Young:  Standalone Titles
  • On Dublin Street
  • Down London Road
  • Until Fountain Bridge
  • Jane’s Melody
  1. Diana Gabaldon Series:  Historical, Contemporary, Romance, Suspense, Time Travel, Scottish and American History:  Outlander Series
  • Outlander (1)
  • Dragonfly In Amber (2)
  • Voyager (3)
  • Drums Of Autumn (4)
  • The Fiery Cross (5)
  • A Breath Of Snow And Ashes (6)
  • Echo In The Bone (7)
  • Lord John Gray Series (Intertwined with Outlander Series)
  1. Shayla Black:  Wicked Series
  • Wicked Ties
  • Decadent
  • Delicious
  • Surrender To Me
  • Belong To Me
  • Mine To Hold
  • Wicked All The Way
  • Ours To Love
  1. Olivia Cunnings:  Sinners Series
  • Backstage Pass
  • Rock Hard
  • Hot Ticket
  • Wicked Beat
  • Double Time
  1. Olivia Cunnings:  One Night With Sole Regret Series
  • Try Me
  • Tempt Me
  • Take Me
  • Share Me
  • Touch Me
  • Tie Me
  1. Arianne Richmonde:  The Pearl Trilogy (a mature woman around 40 meets an young millionaire under 30 and falls in love, takes place in New York, California, France
  • Forty Shades of Pearl
  1. Kyra Davis:  Just Another Night Series
  2. Raine Miller:  The Blackstone Affair (A dominant alpha male British, 32 & an American Girl, 24, meeting over a naked photo)
  • Naked
  • All In
  • Eyes Wide Open
  • Prequels:
  • His Perfect Passion (1)
  • The Undoing of Libertine (2)
  1. Sylvain Reynard:  Gabriel Series
  • Gabriel’s Inferno
  • Gabriel’s Rapture
  • Gabriel’s Redemption
  1. Deborah Harkness
  • Discovery of Witches
  • Shadow of The Night
  • Not Yet Out (2014/15)
  1. H.W. Ward
  • Damaged
  • Damaged 2
  • The Agreement
  • Stripped
  1. Sylvia Day:  Georgian Series
  • Ask For It
  • Passion For The Game
  • Passion For Him
  • Don’t Tempt Me
  • The Stranger I Married
  • Pride and Pleasure
  • Seven Years To Sin
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  1. Jasinda Wilder
  • Falling Into You
  • Falling Into Us
  1. Maya Cross:  Locked Trilogy (Takes place in Sydney)
  • Lock-Out
  • Unlocked (coming August 18th)
  1. Evie Hunter
  • Pleasure of Winter
  • A Touch of Winter
  • Pleasure of Summer (intertwined with Winter)
  1. J.S. Taylor:  The Spotlight Series (takes place in England, contains BDSM/ not hard core)
  • Up Close And Personal
  • The Berkley Method
  • Director’s Cut
  • Book 4 Due July/August
  1. J. Kenner:  Stark Trilogy
  • Release Me
  • Claim Me
  • Complete Me (July 30th)
  1. Paulina Simmons:  The Bronze Horseman Trilogy
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  1. Douglas Kennedy: Books
  • The Moment
  • The Pursuit of Happiness
  1. Tarryn Fisher Books
  • The Opportunist
  • Dirty Red
  • Thief
  1. Sally Beaumann:  Books
  • Destiny
  1. J.D.  Robb:  In Death Series
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  1. Amanda Berry:  Books
  • L.A. Cinderella
  • Father By Choice
  1. E.L. James:  Fifty Shades Trilogy
  • Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Fifty Shades Darker
  • Fifty Shades Freed
  1. Georgia Cates: 
  • Beauty From Pain
  • Beauty From Surrender
  • Beauty From….(To Be Announced)
  1. Georgia Cates:  Other Books In Other Series:
  • Going Under
  • Shallow
  1. Emma Chase Books:
  • Tangled
  1. Gail McHugh:  Books
  • Collide
  • Pulse (this released early :) )
  1. Alice Clayton Books:
  • Wallbanger
  • The Unidentified Redhead
  • The Redhead Revealed
  1. A.L. Jackson Books:
  • Lost To You
  • Take This Regret
  1. J.A. Redmierski Books:
  • The Edge of Never
  • The Edge of Always (TBR  inNov )
  1. Colleen Hoover Books:
  • Hopeless
  • Losing Hope (released)
  1. Christina Lauren Books:
  • Beautiful B*tch
  • Beautiful B*stard
  • Beautiful Stranger
  1. Nina Lane Books:
  • Arouse
  • Allure
  • Awaken (TBR…)
  1. Jojo Moyes Books:
  • Me Before You
  •  

Thanks for this Gigi! couple of corrections....I'm going to try and edit it w/in your type

Thanks again  Gigi! :)   A couple more corrections...

Non-Romance Books:

• Gillian Flynn Books:
  • Gone Girl
  • Sharp Objects
  • Dark Places

• Suzanne Collins Books:
  • The Hunger Games

•  

• Khaled Hosseini Books: 
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns
  • The Kite Runner

• Mitch Albom Books:
  • Tuesdays With Morrie
  • The Five People You Meet In Heaven
  • The Time Keeper
  • Have A Little Faith

• Kathryn Stockett Books:
  • The Help

• Yann Martel Books:
  • The Life of Pi

• Leo Tolstoy Books:
  • Anna Karenina
  • War and Peace
  • Master and Man
  • The Kreutzer Sonata

• Nathaniel Hawthorne Books:
  • The Scarlet Letter

• F. Scott Fitzgerald Books:
  • The Great Gatsby
  • Tender Is The Night
  • Benjamin Button
  • This Side of Paradise
  • The Beautiful And Damned

• Alexandre Dumas Books:
  • La Dame Aux Camellias

• Fyodor Dostoyevsky Books:
  • Crime & Punishment
  • Notes From Underground
  • Poor Folk
  • The Gambler
  • Gustave Flaubert Books:
  • Madame Bovary

• Marcel Proust Books:
  • Swann’s Way
  • In Search Of Lost Time
  • Pleasures And Regrets

• Sophie Kinsella Books:
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic
  • Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
  • Shopaholic Ties The Knot
  • Shopaholic And Baby
  • Mini Shopaholic
  • Shopaholic & Sister
  • Can You Keep A Secret?
  • Remember Me?
  • Twenties Girl
  • The Undomestic Goddess

• Elie Wiesel Books:  (Fantastic!!!)
  • Night
  • Dawn
  • Day

• Victor Frankel Books:
  • The Meaning Of Life

You will have to educate me here, what are the Blackstone Affair, I have heard it before but for the life of me I cannot remember what those books were or their titles and the authors, can you help please :)

Sheena   They are by Raine MIller.  The 2 historic ones in order His Perfect Passion and The Undoing of a Libertine.  Then the modern day ones are #1 Naked, #2 All In and #3 Eyes Wide Open.  #4 The Muse comes out later ths summer it sounds like it will another historic one and then maybe there will the modern tie in later.    

Hi Sheens & Ladies,

On number 11 of the Master List is a copy of Raine Millers Books:

1. Raine Miller:  The Blackstone Affair (A dominant alpha male British, 32 & an American Girl, 24, meeting over a naked photo)
  • Naked
  • All In
  • Eyes Wide Open
  • The Muse (TBR…)
  • Prequels:

Hi Sheens & Ladies,

1. Raine Miller:  The Blackstone Affair (A dominant alpha male British, 32 & an American Girl, 24, meeting over a naked photo)
  • Naked
  • All In
  • Eyes Wide Open
  • The Muse (TBR…)
  • Prequels:

Hi Sheens & Ladies,

• Naked
  • All In
  • Eyes Wide Open
  • The Muse (TBR…)
  • Prequels:

I would like to correct the information above.  First I would like to say that I am a HUGE fan of Raine Miller's and enjoyed reading the Blackstone Affair books so much, that I went and read her historical pieces (or prequels, as they are mentioned above) which I also loved, even though historical pieces are not typically my favorites.

The 4th book in the Blackstone Affair is actually a standalone book and it is NOT The Muse.  The 4th book is about Brynne and Ethan, but can be read by itself (meaning without having read the first three, which I still recommend to read so that you know the characters). 

The Muse is actually the first of a two part series.  In the Blackstone Affair we meet Ethan's cousin Ivan and Brynne's roommate Gabrielle.  The Muse is a historical piece about Ivan's family the Rothvale's and then the next book (I do not believe it is titled yet) will be a modern piece about Ivan and Gabrielle. 

I hope that helps clear up any confusion.  Again though I STRONGLY recommend reading Raine's five books that are for sale.  I would start with the Blackstone Affair (Naked, All In and Eyes Wide Open) and then read His Perfect Passion and The Undoing of Libertine.

I would like to correct the information above.  First I would like to say that I am a HUGE fan of Raine Miller's and enjoyed reading the Blackstone Affair books so much, that I went and read her historical pieces (or prequels, as they are mentioned above) which I also loved, even though historical pieces are not typically my favorites.

The 4th book in the Blackstone Affair is actually a standalone book and it is NOT The Muse.  The 4th book is about Brynne and Ethan, but can be read by itself (meaning without having read the first three, which I still recommend to read so that you know the characters). 

The Muse is actually the first of a two part series.  In the Blackstone Affair we meet Ethan's cousin Ivan and Brynne's roommate Gabrielle.  The Muse is a historical piece about Ivan's family the Rothvale's and then the next book (I do not believe it is titled yet) will be a modern piece about Ivan and Gabrielle. 

I hope that helps clear up any confusion.  Again though I STRONGLY recommend reading Raine's five books that are for sale.  I would start with the Blackstone Affair (Naked, All In and Eyes Wide Open) and then read His Perfect Passion and The Undoing of Libertine.

Hi Fayeth,

Your corrections have been  added to the Master List.  Thanks for your corrections.  It is so nice to have members who know these books, that can add their input.  I will post the Master List again in August and forum members are always welcome to add or correct any mistakes that might be in the list.

Thanks again.

I had a crazy reading weekend.  I stayed home on Friday because I was sick and in bed most of the weekend.  I read three novella's by Maya Banks Understood, Overheard and Undenied.   These were written following the same premise of the KGI series.  They are about a group of friends and how their lives intertwine. Each book focuses on one character but the others are part of the story.  I love the KGI series and bought these as soon as I finished KGI.  The e-books are very inexpensive so this must be an older series. 

Sheena suggested Jane's Melody and I have to say thank you, thank you, thank you.  OMG what a great story.  I don't know if it is because the main character is a little older (40) or what but I just empathized with Jane.  I cried and laughed with Jane, felt her fear and joy.   It is one of those great stories that takes you through every emotion.  Thanks Sheena.

I downloaded Sylvia's historical novels but I won't have too much time to read over the next couple weeks.  We are now in our peak season meaning extra hours and I'll be exhausted when I get home. 

I had a crazy reading weekend.  I stayed home on Friday because I was sick and in bed most of the weekend.  I read three novella's by Maya Banks Understood, Overheard and Undenied.   These were written following the same premise of the KGI series.  They are about a group of friends and how their lives intertwine. Each book focuses on one character but the others are part of the story.  I love the KGI series and bought these as soon as I finished KGI.  The e-books are very inexpensive so this must be an older series. 

Sheena suggested Jane's Melody and I have to say thank you, thank you, thank you.  OMG what a great story.  I don't know if it is because the main character is a little older (40) or what but I just empathized with Jane.  I cried and laughed with Jane, felt her fear and joy.   It is one of those great stories that takes you through every emotion.  Thanks Sheena.

I downloaded Sylvia's historical novels but I won't have too much time to read over the next couple weeks.  We are now in our peak season meaning extra hours and I'll be exhausted when I get home. 

I bought the book Jane's Melody from Amazon this weekend will begin it next..I just finished Safe With Me and it was such a good book, laughed and cried during it too this weekend.  

I bought the book Jane's Melody from Amazon this weekend will begin it next..I just finished Safe With Me and it was such a good book, laughed and cried during it too this weekend.

Hi Barbara

You will need tissues for Janes Melody. Read it Sunday. So beautiful and emotional. You will love it. :)

Hi Sharon,

I hope you are feeling better now.  I agree and thank you and the other ladies for recommending Maya Banks KGI Series.  I have been devouring them thus far!  So many great books...so little time. :)

GiGi 

Hi Barb,

Who wrote Safe With Me?  If you could provide me with the names of the books (if it is a series) and the authors' name then I can add it to the Master List for any/all of the forum members who may want the list.  Thanks in advance.

I am so glad you liked Jane's Melody, I knew you would, I just loved it, I know Ryan appreciates it when people leave messages on Good Reads or FB or Amazon telling how much they liked or did not like the book so please leave a review. :)  He replies back to you as well which is really cool

Well crap I needed a box of tissues for Safe With You so I am in trouble then!!  

Who wrote Safe with you then?, I have not heard of that one.  

It was Kirsten who originally told me about Jane's Melody :)