Books as good as the Crossfire series

Hi GLH,

I agree.  I think it is a great series.  I have really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next book which is to be released December 31, 2013.

Hi GLH~

Does the KGI series have a lot of BDSM? I don't mind a little but not crazy about it and certainly not when it is heavy. Thanks so much!    Shannon~

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Shannon--

I have read 3 of the books and so far, no BDSM at all.  I like that.  The se x is part of the story and only where it belongs.  The books are about a family of men who are kind of like mercenaries but for good to help rescue.  Very gripping.  Suspenseful.  Totally different from her BREATHLESS books.  They are full of BDSM.  In those books, the se x is the primary focus of the story.  Not so with the KGI books.  Nice change of pace.

Hi GLH~

Does the KGI series have a lot of BDSM? I don't mind a little but not crazy about it and certainly not when it is heavy. Thanks so much!    Shannon~

There isn't any BDSM that I recall.  There is one time that one of the guys ties a woman to the bed but it is more fun play than anything else.  I've read them all and like them a lot.  I classify them as romantic adventure or romantic mystery.

Hi GLH~

Hi Shan,

I read the entire KGI series recently.  The ladies are correct, there isn't any BDSM at all.  It is a great read! 

GiGi :)

Hi Shannon--

I have read 3 of the books and so far, no BDSM at all.  I like that.  The se x is part of the story and only where it belongs.  The books are about a family of men who are kind of like mercenaries but for good to help rescue.  Very gripping.  Suspenseful.  Totally different from her BREATHLESS books.  They are full of BDSM.  In those books, the se x is the primary focus of the story.  Not so with the KGI books.  Nice change of pace.

Thank you GLH, Sharon and GiGi for answering my question. I just finished reading the Breathless trilogy and I just don't care for the whole dominance thing (BDSM). I love books with a rich powerful man, with hot se.x  but not to crazy about the BDSM.  I'm going to start reading Gabriel's Inferno next, it looks like this series is well liked. Thanks again ladies.

Thank you GLH, Sharon and GiGi for answering my question. I just finished reading the Breathless trilogy and I just don't care for the whole dominance thing (BDSM). I love books with a rich powerful man, with hot se.x  but not to crazy about the BDSM.  I'm going to start reading Gabriel's Inferno next, it looks like this series is well liked. Thanks again ladies.

Shannon-I think you will enjoy the Gabriel books. The third one comes out in Dec.and I can't wait! When he speaks Italian to her, I get all mushy.

Shannon-I think you will enjoy the Gabriel books. The third one comes out in Dec.and I can't wait! When he speaks Italian to her, I get all mushy.

Gotta agree with this.  I adore these books and am waiting for the third.  Gabriel is something else.  I just reread the 2 because my husband and I are going to Italy next week.  

Sounds like the Glass Tower books are similar to the KGI books.  Gotta try them also.

Nothing beats Crossfire, though.

Hi everybody,

I want to recommend Glass Towers Trilogy and Her Power His Shame series by Adler and Holt.

That books are erotic romance with slick suspense thriller.

I think all Crossfire lovers will love that books. :)

Hi M1lkt4ddy,

Your suggestions have been added to the ever-changing updated Master List.  :)

GiGi  :)

Gotta agree with this.  I adore these books and am waiting for the third.  Gabriel is something else.  I just reread the 2 because my husband and I are going to Italy next week.  

Sounds like the Glass Tower books are similar to the KGI books.  Gotta try them also.

Nothing beats Crossfire, though.

I agree GLH...now where is the next Crossfire book?  :)

Still hanging out waiting for Captivated!!!!

Been reading to fill in time :)

Really enjoyed the Play by Play series by Jaci Burton.

To add to the list

Lucy Monroe - Ready

- Willing

- and Able

(three books about Mercenaries and their love lives) The characters also apear in Lucy's other books

- Watch over Me

- The Spy who wants me

- Satisfaction Guaranteed

- Deal with this

For the non erotica-

From Notting Hill with Love Actually - by Ali McNamara

Nice light fun romance.

Was looking at the KGI series next - after the recommendations above it seems the way to go :)

Thanks heaps

Hi KiwiChicky,

Thank you for the Jaci Burton suggestions.  They are on the list.  I have also included some of her other books:

1. Jaci Burton Books:  Play By Play Series
  • The Perfect Play
  • Changing The Game
  • Taking A Shot
  • Playing To Win
  • Thrown By A Curve
  • One Sweet Ride
  • Holiday Games (Novella TBR…November 19, 2013)

1. Jaci Burton Books:  Wild Riders Series
  • Riding Wild
  • Riding Temptation
  • Riding On Instinct
  • Riding The Edge (Novella in “Nauti and Wild†Anthology)
  • Riding The Night

Thanks again.

Still hanging out waiting for Captivated!!!!

Been reading to fill in time :)

Really enjoyed the Play by Play series by Jaci Burton.

To add to the list

Lucy Monroe - Ready

- Willing

- and Able

(three books about Mercenaries and their love lives) The characters also apear in Lucy's other books

- Watch over Me

- The Spy who wants me

- Satisfaction Guaranteed

- Deal with this

For the non erotica-

From Notting Hill with Love Actually - by Ali McNamara

Nice light fun romance.

Was looking at the KGI series next - after the recommendations above it seems the way to go :)

Thanks heaps

Hi KiwiChicky,

Thank you for your suggestions.  They have been added to the Master List.  Thanks again.

P.S.  I think you will really like the KGI Series.  I really enjoyed them myself.  :)

Ok ladies, I've been busy busy w/ my Kindle...maybe too busy filing the time until CBY is released ( really??no news at all yet??) :(

I've read:

-And the Mountains Echoed: Khaled Hosseini:.....very emotional like his other books...lots of stories in one book

-The Opportunist  (love me w/ lies 1, 2 & 3) by Tarryn Fisher...omg...talk about angst!! and miscommunication!!

-Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay....another emotional one

-The Slammed series by Colleen Hoover....very cute fun and yes, emotional...def tears in there

-Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover ....omg!!! Love Holder! I thought I loved him in Hopeless....forget about it now! <<sigh>> amazing. Colleen Hoover posted a teaser for a novella that she'll be releasing in Nov for Daniel I believe...Holder's friend

-Down London Road by Samantha Young.....This was good! I loved On Dublin St. more though..but...I've decided I really like her writing :) she's got another book out now Into the Deep, but it's a series /w the second one not releasing until next year. I've bought it, but haven't read it....trying really hard not to ....darn series!

-Damaged by HM Ward.....eh...this was ok...

-Burn by Maya Banks...not crazy about this either. What's w. the male adults in her books that can't make complete sentences?

I think that's it. :)

I'm debating between starting the KGI or the Gabriel series... hmmm.  Inputs on which is better?

I skimmed the list and didn't see these, so I thought I'd share.  I just finished the Highlander series and really liked them.  They are very easy reads ~300 pages or so each. 

Karen Marie Moning - Highlander Series

Beyond the Highland Mist

To Tame a Highland Warrior

The Highlander's Touch

Kiss of the Highlander

The Dark Highlander

The Immortal Highlander

Spell of the Highlander

KB--I LOVED the Gabriel series.  There are 2 so far and the third in Dec.  I am in the middle of the KGI series.  They are totally and completely different series.  The KGI series is like a mystery series with love and romance mixed in.  The male characters are kind of like mercenaries but for good.  Gabriel is a professor of Dante at the University of Toronto.  The books mix in art, music, and literature.  Very romantic.  I remember Gigi wanted books that followed one couple.  Gabriel series does that where the KGI books follow a lot of couples.  Hope that helps.

KB--I LOVED the Gabriel series.  There are 2 so far and the third in Dec.  I am in the middle of the KGI series.  They are totally and completely different series.  The KGI series is like a mystery series with love and romance mixed in.  The male characters are kind of like mercenaries but for good.  Gabriel is a professor of Dante at the University of Toronto.  The books mix in art, music, and literature.  Very romantic.  I remember Gigi wanted books that followed one couple.  Gabriel series does that where the KGI books follow a lot of couples.  Hope that helps.

Thank you!  Decision made... I'll start with the Gabriel series.  :)

Ok ladies, I've been busy busy w/ my Kindle...maybe too busy filing the time until CBY is released ( really??no news at all yet??) :(

I've read:

-And the Mountains Echoed: Khaled Hosseini:.....very emotional like his other books...lots of stories in one book

-The Opportunist  (love me w/ lies 1, 2 & 3) by Tarryn Fisher...omg...talk about angst!! and miscommunication!!

-Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay....another emotional one

-The Slammed series by Colleen Hoover....very cute fun and yes, emotional...def tears in there

-Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover ....omg!!! Love Holder! I thought I loved him in Hopeless....forget about it now! <<sigh>> amazing. Colleen Hoover posted a teaser for a novella that she'll be releasing in Nov for Daniel I believe...Holder's friend

-Down London Road by Samantha Young.....This was good! I loved On Dublin St. more though..but...I've decided I really like her writing :) she's got another book out now Into the Deep, but it's a series /w the second one not releasing until next year. I've bought it, but haven't read it....trying really hard not to ....darn series!

-Damaged by HM Ward.....eh...this was ok...

-Burn by Maya Banks...not crazy about this either. What's w. the male adults in her books that can't make complete sentences?

I think that's it. :)

Hi Nathalia,

Your suggestions have been added to the Master List.  Thanks again.

Hi GLH,

I read Maya Banks KGI Series and I really liked it.  It had; action, adventure and romance.  You are correct, I really enjoy one couple relationship novels.  Polyamorous romance novels aren't really my cup of tea per say.  I am waiting for the next installment of the KGI Series (due out at the end of December), but I still have several other books on the "go" right now.

When I get a chance, I will have to give the Gabriel Series a chance.  :)

I'm debating between starting the KGI or the Gabriel series... hmmm.  Inputs on which is better?

I skimmed the list and didn't see these, so I thought I'd share.  I just finished the Highlander series and really liked them.  They are very easy reads ~300 pages or so each. 

Beyond the Highland Mist

The Highlander's Touch

Kiss of the Highlander

The Dark Highlander

The Immortal Highlander

Spell of the Highlander

Hi KBisMe,

Thank you for your suggestions.  Your suggestions have been updaed to the Master List.  Thanks again.

Beyond the Highland Mist

The Highlander's Touch

Kiss of the Highlander

The Dark Highlander

The Immortal Highlander

Spell of the Highlander

I love the KGI series.  I love mysteries with a little hot romance. 

Hi GLH,

I read Maya Banks KGI Series and I really liked it.  It had; action, adventure and romance.  You are correct, I really enjoy one couple relationship novels.  Polyamorous romance novels aren't really my cup of tea per say.  I am waiting for the next installment of the KGI Series (due out at the end of December), but I still have several other books on the "go" right now.

Hi GLH,

Hi Gigi just finished the Gabriel series books and absolutely loved them. I judge a book by its ability to distract me from "The Crosses" LOL and they certainly did that but as you see I am back to blogging and anxiously awaiting EWY!! ENJOY :)