SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Kristen will have a lot more information since she was working the event and sitting with Sylvia but I'll pass on what I have. 

My two favorite topics are Brett & Corinne so I'll start there. 

When I asked about Corinne (I tried to rephrase my question a couple times) regarding how soon in book 4 she would hang around.  Sylvia said that was a spoiler questions.  However, the way she said it and her facial expression makes me think we haven't seen the last of Corinne, especially since we are going deeper into Gideon's story.

Brett again not too much information because the question was a spoiler but she did tell me that Eva is toying with fire a little.  This is because there is a tug of ware happening within her.  She is confused about what she sees as a complete 180 with Brett.  Brett played a big part in messing with her self-esteem issues and her self-esteem was already severely damaged by the abuse.  (I didn't get this part verbatim but almost) Eva is still playing with her former need to self destruction and this self destruction need to end. She has to put it to rest and that will happen via Brett.

This is very helpful .Can't thank you enough for sharing.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not clearly stated. I got the impression they were from Gideon's own words...... I'm going through the books again, but it will take me some time to find the right passage. I'll let you know as soon as I find it.

Hi Gabri, 

Thanks.  Have a good weekend. :)

Hi Barb, 

You are too funny.  :)

Hello GiGi,

Glad you liked.  If I might not sound noisy where do you live??  I always see all your post from during my night time??  

Hope that you have a wonderful day or night depending where you are  Ha-Ha :)

A few thoughts here;

Do we think that Gideon is telling Dr. Peterson about his abuse? We know he's told him about his nightmares b/c he's gotten medication for it, but ....seeing as he really doesn't trust doctors and is so tight lipped w/ Eva, could he just be skirtting the issue? He's gotta be telling him right?  Idk, I was just thinking about this.

I really hope Anne Lucas isn't involved w/ the Vidals at all. That would be so creepy and scary and just gross.

I too wonder why Eva is so reluctant to tell anyone about their 'engagement'. I mean, Gideon had to tell her coworkers. I'm confused about the not telling Monica either when she had a chance. I'm sure she must've though before they got to the event. There's no way she missed the ring.

I hope the trip to SD will be good....for everone. A visit w/ Dr. Travis and Victor and hopefully no Brett...or maybe a nice break w/ Brett.

Ok...that's all for now. Off to enjoy this beautiful Sunday before the rain :)

Hi Nathalia, 

You bring up a good point.  One has to wonder how much detail/if any, Gideon has given Dr. Peterson about his past abuse issues.  I wonder....hmmmm....

Enjoy your weekend.  :)

Hello GiGi,

Glad you liked.  If I might not sound noisy where do you live??  I always see all your post from during my night time??  

Hope that you have a wonderful day or night depending where you are  Ha-Ha :)

Hi Barb, 

I live in Canada, so I am posting late.  I have had several critically ill relatives and have had to deal with hospital vigils and stuff, but God has been very merciful and two relatives thus far have pulled through. I feel very blessed and am grateful for this. :)

I usually see patients in the afternoon but have taken time off because of family illnesses.  I used to post in the evenings but my schedule got turned upside down (which is ok), but everything is slowly returning back to normal. 

Today is also Canada Day, which means other than hospital visits, it is a holiday for my fellow Canadians.  Happy Canada Day to all of my Canadian counterparts.  :) 

Hi Barb, 

I live in Canada, so I am posting late.  I have had several critically ill relatives and have had to deal with hospital vigils and stuff, but God has been very merciful and two relatives thus far have pulled through. I feel very blessed and am grateful for this. :)

I usually see patients in the afternoon but have taken time off because of family illnesses.  I used to post in the evenings but my schedule got turned upside down (which is ok), but everything is slowly returning back to normal. 

Today is also Canada Day, which means other than hospital visits, it is a holiday for my fellow Canadians.  Happy Canada Day to all of my Canadian counterparts.  :)

GiGi,

I am so sorry for your family's illness, I will send prayers your way!!

My work place is on the yearly July shut down so I am off work for the next week.  So I am up late really should get to bed soon but oh well.

Happy Canada day to you!!  :)

Brett said way back that Eva just disappeared and that he always hoped she'd show up at a concert. When they were younger and sexual together, he didn't know why she was 'dropping to her knees' and about her abuse. He was just enjoying it. It only makes sense that those feelings for both have picked up a little where they left off. Eva needs to mature a little and quit playing games. Knowing men, I'm sure there's a part of Brett that wants to show Gideon and everyone that he can win the prize... his boss that kicked his a s s 's girl. Not gonna happen of course. I'm sure Gideon will be with her in SD one way or another.

Also, I don't think we have enough info to say whether Brett knew about that live footage for the real sex tape. I do think that Christopher has a hand in it, and is in on feeding info to his mom about. Oh gosh I can't wait for the next book. LoL

Hi MicheleWV, 

You are so right.  Eva is playing subtle games with Brett (I didn't pick up on it).  I can also see Brett wanting to get Eva back and show up Gideon.  How true!  I am sure that his male pride got hurt during that fight when the woman that he used to sleep with, wound up with the guy who kicked his behind.  Good observation!  Thank you.  :)

GiGi,

I am so sorry for your family's illness, I will send prayers your way!!

My work place is on the yearly July shut down so I am off work for the next week.  So I am up late really should get to bed soon but oh well.

Happy Canada day to you!!   :)

Hi Barb, 

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.  If I am not mistaken the Fourth of July is coming up for you, yes?  I hope that you enjoy your vacation time.  Get out and enjoy a little bit of sun if you can.  Gideon and Eva can wait....after all, we have had to wait for them :D

Hi Barb, 

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.  If I am not mistaken the Fourth of July is coming up for you, yes?  I hope that you enjoy your vacation time.  Get out and enjoy a little bit of sun if you can.  Gideon and Eva can wait....after all, we have had to wait for them :D

Yes Thursday is our Fourth of July celebration!!  Going to a barbecue at my brother house fun fun, lots of family, friends and good food!!

Later  :)

Okay here comes my tape scenario and then I'll sit back and wait hopefully for the great reveal this fall (Please Sylvia don't make us wait until #5)

Sam was spurned by the professionals hired by Vidal Records. (Remember Eva refers rather scathingly to him as "the band's wannabe videographer). They're not interested in his collection of backstage exploits or possibly getting involved with legal issues. They use professional actors and take their time to do a romantic and sexy video.

Brett may or may not know about Sam's collection but I think he would have blown any of Sam's suggestions off not expecting him to take it any further.

With a major chip on his shoulder, Sam decides to approach Christopher in his capacity as Vidal Records head. He might have either wanted to sell it knowing it could be good publicity for VR, or blackmail VR into suppressing it because it would spoil the other one.

Chris turns him down, but steers him to other places that would be interested.

Chris saw an opportunity for profitable notoriety in the situation and also jumped the chance of stabbing Gideon in the back. Win win opportunity. He contacts Deanna knowing she's also after Gideon. Deanna gets on the story, now knowing something about Gideon's feelings for Eva and how it would hurt him

However, when Gideon, prompted by Eva, apologizes to Deanna for his behavior, she softens towards him, (how could she not?) and tries to please him by letting him know what's in store about the tape.

So there's my plot. Hope I don't end up at the crow table!

Hi Nancy, 

Your scenario is plausible.  I could see that if Sam was spurned by Brett and his band, that he could try and seek revenge.  I could also see Christopher Jr. getting wind of the tape and then sending Sam off in a different direction.  It is all plausible.

Your mention of Gideon's appology to Deanna reminded me of something once said in a biblical movie; something to the effect of your serpent's tongue has hardened my heart.  It seems that in this case, Gideon's kind words have soothed Deanna's heart and lessened her wrath.  :)

Gigi and Gabri- On p 299 in RIY EV says Christopher is her son, he was there, and he swore nothing happened. But I think Gideon also refers to it somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

Hi Nancy, 

My question would be; where exactly was Christopher Jr?  Was he there when Gideon was being abused?  Were both children being seen at the same time (which would be highly unusual due to privacy and confidentiality issues)?  Oh questions, questions, questions....Thank you for taking the time to look the passage up though.  :)

Afternoon Ms Gigi :)

Think about this - Sam could have been the tipper to Deanna  (Brett met her @ Eva's lobby) and Brett could have told him to tip her off knowing she was doing a bash story on G.  Enter Brett to comfort our girl when G breaks it off again !

But no one could have forseen that G would charm Deanna with his 'apology' and she would tell him about the tape before it hit the internet.  That gave him the small window of time to get to Calif and get the injunction to stop it.  

Yea see your point on taking the meds unless the evil therapist told her they wouldn't hurt the baby !  And OMG if its Anne she probably thinks it G's baby and what better revenge than 'kill 2 birds with 1 stone'     sorry that's cruel :(

Hello Ms. Fsumom, 

Your theories are down right "magically delicious" they are so sinister!  :) 

Now I have no sympathy for Brett (nor did I ever) but he comes out looking so much worse than his filthy mouth!  If this keeps up, I am going to have to call for backup...yes that means I will pick up the phone and call one of my very hefty and very hairy Aunts to deal with this lout! :D

As for the whole whack-a-doo-shrinky-poo....if Corinne really as manipulated into taking medications under false pretenses then I really do feel sorry for her.  I know so not popular for that one.  It would just be incredibly sad and pathetic and somehow karmic in nature...which makes it all the more sad.  :(

Hi Barb, 

Hi GiGi

So sorry to hear about your relatives .Blesings to you and yours.All things work together for good .........

Hi GiGi

So sorry to hear about your relatives .Blesings to you and yours.All things work together for good .........

Hi Mam2e, 

Thank you for all of your well wishes.  I firmly believe that God hears all prayers.  I wish you and your family blessings as well.  :)

Hi Nrock ........

I doubt the CV is involved in Sam's and Brett' eyes he is the boss as much as G.  And outside a few people I don't think anyone knows of the conflict between G and CV  so couldn't play to that.

Brett or some band member referred to Eva as Brett's muse.  So I'm thinking it's not so much 'love' he feels its he thinks she will inspire more songs for the band ! 

Hi Fsumom, 

You make a good point about Christopher Jr. being Brett's boss.  You also make a good point about the privacy of the conflict between Christopher Jr. and Gideon. 

Well hello ladies,

I had the best weekend.  I went to Day after Dark on Friday and BookBash on Saturday.  At both events I had the opportunity to talk to Sylvia and she gave a lot of information about the Crossfire series.

First let me b*tch for a minute.  The Day after Dark was a great opportunity to get information from Sylvia regarding all of her series, however a couple "fans" were completely inappropriate.  One woman took up ten or fifteen minutes trying to tell Sylvia how to write a book.  She basically recommended authors for Sylvia to read to get an idea of how to write a book from multiple points of view.  She was way out of line and if I were closer to her I would have knocked her down.  Sylvia finally said to her "that is never going to happen" when she explained that she wanted Crossfire's future books to alternate chapters from Gideon's POV to Eva's.   I wanted to tell her that this is Sylvia's story to tell and she needs to write her own book from multiple POVs.  

I have to say SD was very patient. 

I'll get back with more information after I read through what I've missed so I don't duplicate anything.  I have attended a lot of book signings at Barnes & Noble, Borders (when they were still around) and Books-A-Million and Sylvia is by far the most generous author with the time that she gives to her fans. 

Hi Sharon, 

Your description of what happened during that Author's Night shows how professional Sylvia truly is.  It must have been incredibly uncomfortable for Sylvia to be chastised in front of an audience of fans and other professionals simply because a person didn't like her style of writing.  Brava Sylvia! :)

Kristen will have a lot more information since she was working the event and sitting with Sylvia but I'll pass on what I have. 

My two favorite topics are Brett & Corinne so I'll start there. 

When I asked about Corinne (I tried to rephrase my question a couple times) regarding how soon in book 4 she would hang around.  Sylvia said that was a spoiler questions.  However, the way she said it and her facial expression makes me think we haven't seen the last of Corinne, especially since we are going deeper into Gideon's story.

Brett again not too much information because the question was a spoiler but she did tell me that Eva is toying with fire a little.  This is because there is a tug of ware happening within her.  She is confused about what she sees as a complete 180 with Brett.  Brett played a big part in messing with her self-esteem issues and her self-esteem was already severely damaged by the abuse.  (I didn't get this part verbatim but almost) Eva is still playing with her former need to self destruction and this self destruction need to end. She has to put it to rest and that will happen via Brett.

Hi Sharon, 

What you said makes so much sense!  I am so glad that you had the opportunity to go to one of these events.  Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

It never occurred to me that Eva would continue to have a need to self destruct.  I am glad in a way that Brett might be key in helping her end this and finally laying this ghost to rest (if I have understood what you said correctly).  :) 

Cary at this point she doesn't know if the baby is his or not. The way she answered the question I believe that it isn't answered in book 4. The reason I say that is because she has a double edit process. She has an editor (not from the publisher) read the book, she makes changes and then it goes to the publisher. The publisher's editor reads the book and then final changes are made. I think she is in that part of the book 4 process where she is making the final changes.

Cary finding out about Nathan beating him. I didn't hear the response to this question clearly but I think she said he does. Again this is a spoiler and I had to read her facial expression and interpret the way she talked around it.

An aside she doesn't storyboard or write synopses because the story is never like that in the end.

Augh!  Cary isn't going to know whether the baby is his or not in book four?  Sigh!  How frustrating...sigh!  Oh well, I guess we will have to hang in a little longer to find out what the answer is to that question.  :) 

Sharon, I am in awe of you and all of the other ladies who go to these events, sit and listen intently and most importantly then write everything down! Thank you. :)

Sorry about the typos. I was trying to read my notes and didn't do a very good job transcribing.

You have nothing to be sorry about! You have done everyone such a huge favour by sharing your information!  :)

I totally agree with you, you did great!!!  :)  :)