SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Sharonm and Kristen and all who asked these wonderful questions to Sylvia THANK YOU! Oh my! We needed this!

The thing that I didn't get was the love/hate Gideon has with Eva. I thought it was cut and dry that he kept Eva in the dark about things to simply to protect her and keep her from worrying. I wasn't thinking of the angle that it's his independence in not 'needing' Eva... the not giving her another piece of himself. I feel sorry for Eva. She's an adult and I agree with her that if they are tracking her whereabouts and doing things for her that she should know. What would it have hurt for Gideon to call her from California and put her at ease? That was selfish to do to the new bride. But now I get it!

Thanks again #applause.

Ok ladies so i had a thought. If CV has some redeeming qualities about him maybe Ireland and Eva will be able to help him and Gideon get back together.  

That's what I'm thinking.  If Eva gets Gideon & Liz back together, I suspect Ireland & Elizabeth will smooth the way for Gideon & Christopher to have some kind of relationship.  I don't think they will ever be best buds but Gideon reached out to Christoper in the past if mom & sis get on board it can only help.

That's what I'm thinking.  If Eva gets Gideon & Liz back together, I suspect Ireland & Elizabeth will smooth the way for Gideon & Christopher to have some kind of relationship.  I don't think they will ever be best buds but Gideon reached out to Christoper in the past if mom & sis get on board it can only help.

One big happy family :)

To Sharonm and Kristen and all who asked these wonderful questions to Sylvia THANK YOU! Oh my! We needed this!

The thing that I didn't get was the love/hate Gideon has with Eva. I thought it was cut and dry that he kept Eva in the dark about things to simply to protect her and keep her from worrying. I wasn't thinking of the angle that it's his independence in not 'needing' Eva... the not giving her another piece of himself. I feel sorry for Eva. She's an adult and I agree with her that if they are tracking her whereabouts and doing things for her that she should know. What would it have hurt for Gideon to call her from California and put her at ease? That was selfish to do to the new bride. But now I get it!

Thanks again #applause.

I know I felt better after Sylvia explained.  I think Eva understands on some level that's why she wasn't too upset.  I wish I had taken notes when she was talking to me but I thought that would be rude.  It made so much sense and really made me look at some of Gideon's actions that made me crazy in the past differently.

I know I felt better after Sylvia explained.  I think Eva understands on some level that's why she wasn't too upset.  I wish I had taken notes when she was talking to me but I thought that would be rude.  It made so much sense and really made me look at some of Gideon's actions that made me crazy in the past differently.

I went to a writers convention that the authors opened up for fan meet and greets. I walked away not remembering anything other than the fact that Sylvia is so friendly and sweet. You did great remembering what you did!

To Sharonm and Kristen

my most heartfelt THANK YOU for sharing your info with us.  

Re- re- re- rereading the Crossfire Books is more and more of an experience!!!! :wub:

What I took from Sylvia is that Gideon & Eva are solid...cheating will not happen.

Thank you ,that's the best news ever .Big sigh of relief that my worst fear wont be realised .

Hi Gigi

Good morning lady from sunny England

I think I the library was the room for Gideons abuse. Also the sofa armrest being used to fold Gideon over while being raped.

I find it mind boggling given Gideons accusations, that therapy was allowed to be continued unsupervised. Yes I know it's part of the storyline. But what mother would allow this. Lizzy was so wrapped in her own problems that she allowed this to happen. It seems the good Dr's were able to convince her about Gideons issues were nothing more than lies to get attention. Did she never doubt them once? Poor Gideon, had no one to fight his corner, until Angus. Such a sad state of affairs.

Hi Julie,

It is apparent that something very serious happened in that library (quiet little alarm bells going off during that scene).  I agree that Elizabeth Vidal was horribly neglectful!  I hope that we get some answers in the next book. 

Sharon, thank you for the wonderful - and detailed! - reports!

Re: Oedipus: Corrine (Cor-INN or Cor-EEN?) is surprised when she meets Eva, because Eva doesn't look like her.  Gideon is perplexed.  He tells Eva that if he was picking women who looked like Corrine, he didn't realize it.

I think it's more likely he was picking women who look like his mother.  He claims he wasn't looking for love and he certainly wasn't going about his personal relationships as though he were seeking a deep, abiding, intimate connection with a woman (segregating the women he is friends with from the ones he sleeps with, not allowing women into his home, rarely having sex with his hook-ups, etc.).  I think he was protecting himself from further rejection (from women who remind him subconciously of his mother) while subconciously seeking love and affirmation from women who remind him of his mother.

His mother didn't love him enough (his words) and as an adult he's still trying to fill that void. 

I'm *very* curious to learn the backstory about what's she's done to/with his friends, though.  Gideon's parting line to his mother at the end of the garden party was fascinating.  Has she slept with his friends in the past? Gotten too close to them to try to get closer to him?  And did that prompt Gideon to draw a line in the sand: these are my friends and you're not allowed to ___ with them?

I seem to be assuming the Defender of Brett role - which is funny because he's not my type at all.

Here we go: I don't think he was responsible for the tape. I think the line is either Sam-CV-Deanna or Sam-Deanna-CV.

I think he's honestly convinced himself that he's in love with Eva. And for what ever reasons, and I know there are excuses because of prior history, he is being jerked around by Eva. The messages and signals she has been giving him are mixed, to say the least.

As for his filthy mouth, I'm not sure that wishing he could be inside Eva again and reminding her of some enjoyable sexual encounters, is that out of line. As far as he remembers Eva really enjoyed what they did and that probably included sex talk. And she certainly enjoys blunt and "dirty" talk with Gideon.

Did Brett walk up to Eva, without even knowing her, mind you, and say, "Are you sleeping with anyone at the moment? I want to fu ck you and I'd like to know if there's anyone in the way." And "I don't want to date you, but I've got a whole lots of ways I can make you come." If anyone was in needed a bar of soap...

But if I had Gideon and a bar of soap - that's not what I'd be doing. Sigh...

I think we should give poor Brett a break. He's lost Eva and all he has left to comfort him is rock stardom, hordes of sexy groupies, world travel, and lots of money.

I guess he'll survive without my advocacy. :)

Hi Nancy,

I have read your comments and your theories are plausible.  I can see where you are coming from and it is important to have a balanced perspective when dealing with a subject. I am glad that you are willing to take up for Brett.  It helps to make for a balanced forum.   I am always up for a spirited debate! :)

1. Your point about Brett having convinced him that he was in love with Eva in a way proves my point.  Brett never said that he loved Eva (at least we don’t have any documented written evidence thus far :)).
  2. Brett never even treated Eva with common courtesy or respect.  In fact we the readers get the impression of just the opposite which is evidenced by what Eva said to Brett about why she finally decided that she had had enough.  Brett was gossiping to one of his mates about what a good lay Eva was (which in effect was labeling Eva as nothing more than a wh*re).
  3. The fact that Brett could say something so inappropriately intimate to a woman that he hasn’t seen in years is disrespectful of Eva as a human being.
  4. When someone walks out of a relationship; all favours, suggestions and intimations of personal intimacies are revoked.
  5. Brett never said that he missed Eva’s laughter or the way she smiled or how she was compassionate with people.  The only thing that Brett ever referenced was se* and he didn’t even reference whether it was pleasurable for Eva.  The only person that Brett talked about or cared about was Brett.
  6. Brett went straight to se* and nothing else.  In my book, that person isn’t entitled to pass GO and collect $200 (as the Monopoly saying goes).

Now as for the Gideon thing, we are talking about two separate issues.  Eva wasn’t entertaining a relationship with Brett.  She was entertaining a relationship with Gideon.  At the end of the day, Eva was the one who would ultimately decide if she was going to be in a relationship and how she was going to be treated (which was corrected when Eva no longer was willing to entertain just a se*ual arrangement with Gideon).

What Gideon did was not right, but Eva ultimately corrected that situation with Gideon.    It is exactly like you said; Brett has fame, fortune and all the se* that he can want, I am sure that this rock star will find someone else soon enough.  :)

Hi Nancy

I've just had a vision of Gideon frothing at the mouth! And you with your bar of soap, which I agree, they both need. Their chat up lines stink, but then I'm of the older generation! ;) but I'm not past it. ;)

Eva has definitely sent Brett mixed signals, there's no doubting that. But Brett doesn't know of her reasons for doing what and why she did, all those years ago. He never got to know her, it was just sex to him. There was no dating, getting to know each other. And she put out, hoping to feel love and be loved. What man wouldn't take it, when its handed on a plate to him. Eva herself admitted she wanted to be the best that he got , so he wouldn't go with anyone else. He may have feelings for her but its not love.

The tape can't just show Eva having sex with Brett , there has to be shots of Brett in this encounter. How does he feel, knowing that he has been caught with his pants down! If Sam is using the tape, editing it, Brett must be in it too. This tape is good publicity for the song and the band. Brett's street cred will pull in a lot more groupies! If Brett doesn't know about it(but I think he does) and Chris is 100% in the know, I will eat a portion of crow pie! Again! Some of my theories suck! Hahaha!

Hi Julie, 

You just said what I was thinking so well.  Eva and Brett were never in a relationship.  It was just se* for Brett (no dating etc.).

You make a good point about how Brett might feel knowing that he was videotaped.  It will be interesting to see whether Brett about the se* tape or not.  :) 

He could even take Arnoldo when he is in town but I'm sure he has other friends too ... It is a shame he is at odds with his family even Christian Grey had his family to fall back on.

I wonder if Gideon and Arnoldo are really good friends or whether they are more acquaintance type of friends. I hope that we get more answers with the next book.  :)

If Corinne did know she was pregnant and took those drugs I guess we will know conclusively what type of person she really is and I am not one of the forum members who think she is mentally ill!!

Hi Sscrph, 

It is all good.  The subject of Corinne is well balanced.  We have those who believe she is mentally ill and those who think that she was manipulative.  I just hope that we get our answers sooner rather than later.  :)

I think he is Brett asshat..

I think he knew right from the start. I think he knew ###### right well about the tape, that's how he got the video down to a T...

I also think he is in cahoots with Christopher about the tape and video to tuck it to Gideon. thinking if the both saw that tape it would break them up.. And Eva would take Brett back..

I have the feeling that Christopher knew about the video and pushed to the video release ..

Remember it was stated that " I DIDNT THINK THEY DID THOSE ANYMORE " 

cary had said it to Eva about the promotion premier .

any way I hope she kicks his butt in SD

Hi  Agoodbook,

You make some really interesting points about what Brett was hoping to get out of the situation if he did indeed know about the se* tape.  I hope they don't meet up in San Diego.  If Brett has a heart, I hope he finds someone else he can actually love, but as for Eva...that ship has sailed.  :)

Is it killing anyone else to find out why he is so cold to his mother?

ya... I know she didn't help him but I feel its something more..

especially  with the comment made at the end.. YOUR NOT TAKING HIM AWAY FROM ME.

Hi Agoodbook, 

I think that the hurt that Gideon feels runs very deep.  His mother hurt him in the most profound way when she didn't believe him about the abuse.  To make matters worse, Elizabeth Vidal served her son up on a silver platter to the abuser.  I don't think that is something that Gideon could forget or forgive easily.  Those are just my thoughts .  What does everyone think?