SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Those are all really good questions too!   Maybe we will get the answers within the next two books (hopefully a paragraph or two). 

In response to what you said, maybe the families were once close when Gideon and Corrine were engaged, but surely wouldn't that closeness have wained after Corrine  married someone else?  Why wasn't Corrine's husband's family there to support their daughter-in-law?  What do you think?

I think his family is probably in France. It's obvious that Corrine's parents don't care for him.

Maybe the families remained close because they travel in the same social circles. Maybe they just reconnected when this stupid plan of Gideon's started. Who the knows.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what is going to happen between Monica and Victor.  Will they get their happily ever after?   

I don't know. I'm not sure I want them too. It really bothered me that Monica cheated on Stanton. Maybe things will come to light about Monica in the next two books, but right now I just don't think she has many redeeming qualities.

It was interesting how Gideon got his mum to sell him Ireland's share of Vidal records

Hi Julie,

You make a good point.  How do you think Gideon convinced his mother to sell Ireland’s shares in Vidal records?  Do you think that there was any arm-twisting involved?

I don't know. I'm not sure I want them too. It really bothered me that Monica cheated on Stanton. Maybe things will come to light about Monica in the next two books, but right now I just don't think she has many redeeming qualities.

It is funny that you say, because I was so upset with Monica during the last two books.  Her actions were disgusting at best and generally appalling overall, but she always had some way of apologizing for her actions.  I was constantly disappointed with her actions and judged her very harshly.

Whereas  with Elizabeth Vidal, I gave her the benefit of the doubt (not about believing her son- NO WAY EVER!!!!), but I thought that maybe she might take the time to reflect on her actions and appologize. NO WAY!!  If anything that woman just keeps revealing what a despicable human being she is turning out  to be.  The thing that clinched it for me was when Eva confronted Elizabeth Vidal after Elizabeth saw her engagement ring on Eva's fingers. 

I don't know if Elizabeth has any hope, whether Monica may have some hope (because there is the possibility of hearing why she is so screwed up) or whether they should both be tossed into the discard pile.  Do you know what I mean?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?   

Hi Kirsten, 

I don't agree with what Monica did at all!!  I don't support infidelity in the least!  I think that it was easy for Monica to cheat on Stanton because she was never in love with Stanton.  I am sure that she cared for him and probably loved him for what he did for Monica and her daughter but that is a far cry from being in love with someone and building a life together. 

It is funny that you say, because I was so upset with Monica during the last two books.  Her actions were disgusting at best and generally appalling overall, but she always had some way of apologizing for her actions.  I was constantly disappointed with her actions and judged her very harshly.

Whereas  with Elizabeth Vidal, I gave her the benefit of the doubt (not about believing her son- NO WAY EVER!!!!), but I thought that maybe she might take the time to reflect on her actions and appologize. NO WAY!!  If anything that woman just keeps revealing what a despicable human being she is turning out  to be.  The thing that clinched it for me was when Eva confronted Elizabeth Vidal after Elizabeth saw her engagement ring on Eva's fingers. 

I don't know if Elizabeth has any hope, whether Monica may have some hope (because there is the possibility of hearing why she is so screwed up) or whether they should both be tossed into the discard pile.  Do you know what I mean?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?   

I do know what you mean.

I can't come up with an excuse for Elizabeth you know. How do you not at this stage of the game acknowledge that you screwed up so your son can move on? Okay she is not privy to his private life, but after Eva confronted her, I expected some sort of action on her part, and not hostility. I get that when children are abuse their parents feel extremely guilty for not protecting them, but to make your child feel like you didn't believe them is disgusting.  

Hi Kirsten, 

I don't agree with what Monica did at all!!  I don't support infidelity in the least!  I think that it was easy for Monica to cheat on Stanton because she was never in love with Stanton.  I am sure that she cared for him and probably loved him for what he did for Monica and her daughter but that is a far cry from being in love with someone and building a life together. 

I agree.

I think his family is probably in France. It's obvious that Corrine's parents don't care for him.

Maybe the families remained close because they travel in the same social circles. Maybe they just reconnected when this stupid plan of Gideon's started. Who the ###### knows.

Anything is possible.  I wonder that if Elizabeth's stunt by bringing her son to the hospital will backfire on her friendship with Corrine's parents.  I don't think that they would have been too pleased with her actions.  What's worse Gideon brought Eva with him and I am absolutely sure that would have been like waving a red flag in front of some really angry bulls (i.e. Corrine's parents).  It would be easier for them to blame Eva for this entire mess instead of stepping back and looking at what had been going on in their daughter's life.

Anything is possible.  I wonder that if Elizabeth's stunt by bringing her son to the hospital will backfire on her friendship with Corrine's parents.  I don't think that they would have been too pleased with her actions.  What's worse Gideon brought Eva with him and I am absolutely sure that would have been like waving a red flag in front of some really angry bulls (i.e. Corrine's parents).  It would be easier for them to blame Eva for this entire mess instead of stepping back and looking at what had been going on in their daughter's life.

I hadn't even thought about Corrine's parents reaction. Of course they will blame Eva for their daughters actions. This is going to be messy at the beginning of book 4 don't you think?

I do know what you mean.

I can't come up with an excuse for Elizabeth you know. How do you not at this stage of the game acknowledge that you screwed up so your son can move on? Okay she is not privy to his private life, but after Eva confronted her, I expected some sort of action on her part, and not hostility. I get that when children are abuse their parents feel extremely guilty for not protecting them, but to make your child feel like you didn't believe them is disgusting.  

Hi Kirsten, 

Do you think that it was Elizabeth Vidal seeing Eva wearing her old engagement ring that set her off?  Which would lead me to my next question; how would Gideon get his hands on that ring?  Usually women keep their engagement rings and only pass them down to their children way later on in life (or if a child specifically asks for said ring) but usually the mother would be aware of whom her child was going to propose to?  It seemed like Elizabeth was blind-sided when she saw that ring on Eva.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Kirsten, 

Do you think that it was Elizabeth Vidal seeing Eva wearing her old engagement ring that set her off?  Which would lead me to my next question; how would Gideon get his hands on that ring?  Usually women keep their engagement rings and only pass them down to their children way later on in life (or if a child specifically asks for said ring) but usually the mother would be aware of whom her child was going to propose to?  It seemed like Elizabeth was blind-sided when she saw that ring on Eva.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

My only thought is that Gideon said he had been planning their wedding on the beach for weeks. Perhaps he had asked Elizabeth for the ring then? She did seem shocked. I can't really figure out why she would just give it to him for no reason you know.

I hadn't even thought about Corrine's parents reaction. Of course they will blame Eva for their daughters actions. This is going to be messy at the beginning of book 4 don't you think?

Hi Kirsten, 

I also think that Corinne's parents would also blame Gideon for their daughter's actions.  Sometimes when people are in a state of shock or grief, they lash out and blame their child's actions on someone else.  I could definately see that kind of scenario happening in this situation.  They have not only almost lost their daughter, but they have lost the first grandchild ( no one knows whether Corinne has brothers or sisters or if they have children), so that type of situation  could potentially be volitile.

Look at how Corrine's husband reacted when he saw Gideon.  He lashed out at him and not at himself.  He let his wife walk away, he never chased after her, nutured her, or made her feel loved, yet he saw it fit to blame Gideon's ghost and not his own direct actions.   

I have always maintained that if Corrine had felt loved and treasured in her marriage, she never would have left her husband and made such a desperate plea for a man who didn't really love her.  I know that many people have differing feelings about this issue, I just don't think that Corinne deserved to lose her life because of everything that happened.  Again, I am not condoning or supporting Corinne's nasty behaviour, I just feel a little sad about the fact that she is mentally ill and is seriously lost emotionally.

It kind of annoyed me in BTY that even though they broke up Eva still went to his parent's house for the record party. Even though it was for Cary's career.

NOW-I'm put off that she got the engagement ring that used to belong to Elizabeth. I get that Gideon remembers happy times with the three of them when he was very young. And maybe the ring is special to him. Elizabeth is so toxic-I don't think I'd want it on my finger.

Hi Azmich, 

I agree.  I wouldn't want to wear an engagement ring of a woman who is so not nice and had done that kind of damage to her child.  I don't think that Eva would have known that the engagement ring was Elizabeth Vidal's.  Did you happen to see it mentioned that Gideon explained to her that was his mother's old engagement ring? 

Hi Gigi and Kirsten

Maybe when he asked for the ring Elizabeth thought it'd be for Corrine

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I was thinking. Maybe that's why Elizabeth was so surprised and mad that Eva had the ring.

I agree I'd want my own ring. Gideon should have designed one for her like her other ring, something that was hers alone. It's not like he couldn't afford it

thanks Im gonna try later, now hmmm what to choose

Hi Golfergirl, 

I had a quick obstetrics question to ask, if you have the time to answer please.  We know that Corinne attempted suicide by taking pills.  Now depending on what those pills were, could that be enough to induce a misscarriage or would the medications used to try and prevent damage to Corinne's liver and kidneys (activated charcol and such) have been what caused the misscarriage.  Or if her stomach was pumped would that potentially cause a miscarriage.

Your clarification in this matter is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for you time and expertise.  I really appreciate it.

Does Eva seriously think she and Brett can be friends? Why would she even want to be?

How do we think the trip to SD goes?

You make a good point.  I don't think that Eva and Brett can be friends.  I think that there is too much in their past and Brett over-stepped when he grabbed Eva and kissed.  He also made his intentions perfectly clear.  He wants Eva back, will do anything to make that happen and has definate romantic interest in her.  I could only see a situation of tension everytime Eva  would have to see Brett.  I think  a perfect example of that was during the Vidal Video launch party.  It turned out to be hugely embarrassing for both Eva and Gideon and it seemed to be an over disaster.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

Yeah I agree here, Gideon has said to Eva he would not lie to her and I don't think he would, he would know she would never trust him again if he did.  I think Gideon took Deanna out to try and smooth the way and I can't see her trying to get inbetween them if he is offering her a lucrative scoop for the wedding, if she went against him she would be sorry as he would probably make it that she did not work again 

Hi Sheens263, 

I agree with you. I am not sure that there would have been any real way of getting around Deanna.  She seems like a person who was he&* bent on gettting a story.  It is almost like she feels that she was at least owed a story from Gideon because of the way that he treated her when the slept together. 

Ok after re reading the book, I think that at the fundraiser Eva figured out that Anne Lucas was the Dr.that Corinne was seeing at put her on the antidepressant medicine.  I think the Russian Mafia has Megumi to trafficking her.  I think we will see a showdown between Eva & Corinne.  I think Gideon is definitely going to SD with his wife.  Was I the only one that thought that Corinne baby was Gideon baby at first?  I got a little freaked out at first!  I think that Eva didn't tell her mom that Gideon had proposed because she wanted her to see the ring on her finger & I think she told her before they left for the fundraiser.  

OK, I tried really hard not to mention this (I was kinda hoping someone else would acknowledge it) because I got the impression from everyone on the board that it would have been so implausible and there is so much else to delve into so I dropped it.  I think I said (before the release of the book) in another thread that I would love for book 4 to include a wedding and all the drama that goes with that for Eva and Gideon.

Everyone else was saying there is so much else to deal with first a wedding would be so far from the plot. Imagine my surprise when I saw that in EWY.

I know I'm new here but I feel like I'm coming off wrong on this board, lol.  (or maybe its just me).  I think it's safer for me to go back into lurk mode.  I feel like I'm ruffling feathers for thinking too much out of the box.

I am enjoying reading the discussion; however, so keep those up.

Hi Readinggrrl, 

I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this forum is designed to include everyone's opinions.  We may not always agree and sometimes things get heated but please always feel free to express yourself.  No one has the right to take that away from you (I am not saying that anyone has done that to do...just saying).

Sometimes different ideas or even heated discussions lead to new revelations and better understanding of the reading material and where individuals may have been coming from when they express their opinion.  I value different opinions and dare I say that there may be others who values different views as well.  So don't worry and feel free to post away.

Ok after re reading the book, I think that at the fundraiser Eva figured out that Anne Lucas was the Dr.that Corinne was seeing at put her on the antidepressant medicine.  I think the Russian Mafia has Megumi to trafficking her.  I think we will see a showdown between Eva & Corinne.  I think Gideon is definitely going to SD with his wife.  Was I the only one that thought that Corinne baby was Gideon baby at first?  I got a little freaked out at first!  I think that Eva didn't tell her mom that Gideon had proposed because she wanted her to see the ring on her finger & I think she told her before they left for the fundraiser.  

Hi Shycharn! 

I am so glad that you are posting!  Did you know where in the book that Eva figured out that Anne Lucas was treating Corinne or are we in the speculation stage? 

The Russian mob and Megumi?  Holy cow!!!  I hope not!!!  She deserves better than that!  Do you think that maybe Corinne maybe too broken to deal with a confrontation or do you think that seeing Gideon will cause her to snap altogether?  Do you think that someone at the hospial that night will tell Corinne that Gideon stopped by?

Also crossed my mind that she might be lying about being pregnant. And as Eva said to Cary how did it happen coz he's always safe. And if she is i highly doubt thats it's Cary's

Hi Bookworm 

Both you and ShazScott1980 make good points thus far.  Time will tell if Tatiana is actually pregnant and if it is Cary's baby.  In the last book, I think it was mentioned that Tatiana had a boyfriend at the time that she and Cary were having sex so it very well could have been his baby too. 

Hello Everyone ,I have been following the threads for months and have enjoyed them so mch and gotten so much insight ,it's good not to read in isolation.

Is it possible that Eva felt more for Brett in the past than she admitted even to herself and some of those feelings are surfacing now ?She has such an intense physical reaction to him that I fear going back to SD with all the memories they have there together may cause her to do something with him that will devastate her and Gideon especially if he catches at a vulnerable point because she seems unable to say no to him firmly and decisively .Is she strong enough enough to say no if he were to really push ?

Hi Mam2e, 

Welcome to the forum.  I hope that you enjoy yourself. :)