SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why indeed? Why haven't the police told Cary they identified his attacker?

Maybe that would be because the fact is part of an even bigger ongoing investigation, the murder of Nathan Barker. If Nathan's death truly was "solved" then there would be no problem in telling Cary his beating happened to be part of the whole mess. The murder investigation is still going on (latest twist involves a now-dead-gangster) so the cops are continuing to keep their cards close to the vest. I'm no longer sure whether Detective Graves is friend or foe to Gideon -- but it's plain that she lied to Eva about the case being dropped.

It's clear why Eva hasn't told Cary. He'd figure out that Gideon killed Nathan, and that knowledge would put Cary in a dangerous legal bind -- the risk he too could get dragged into the murder case, if the cops were to charge Gideon. At the very least, a prosecutor might try to force Cary to become a prosecution witness. Worst case scenario -- the cops might wrongly accuse Cary along with Eva of having known beforehand Gideon planned to kill Nathan, She and Gideon won't ever expose Cary to the risk of being suspected of being an accessory.

Are we reading too much into this case? Lol

I think, I hope, Clancy or Angus staged the mob killing, and planted the evidence, to take the heat off Gideon. They had the means and no how!

Unless Cary asks I don't think anyone is going to tell him Nathan beat him up.!! As far as he thinks it has something to do with a chick "teaches me, don't stick you d##k in the wrong chick"

I think once the case goes away for good then they will tell him..! But for now.. What he don't know ain't going to kill him.!!

I agree.

But will he learn his lesson?

I'm currently re-reading the book so the answer to this might be obvious!

But why did Gideon leave the day of video premiere? He knew the situation and that Eva had to pretend not to be with him so why did he get so angry?

Also I don't get how he wouldn't have seen the video beforehand when 1. He's part of Vidal records and 2. He already knew the song was about Eva?!

I want to hear the ###### TAPE. :)  I think that Victor knows how much Eva loves Gideon, and Gideon probably explained the whole situation in an acceptable way. I don't think Gideon told Victor he killed Nathan, but I do think that Victor is a smart guy, so he probably got a better read on the situation when talking to Gideon, and could tell how much he loves Eva.

When the cops showed up at the family dinner, Gideon admitted he knew Nathan.  Keeping that in mind, when he and Victor spoke he could have told him that after seeing the pics/videos he was unable to stay with Eva.  But after weeks apart he realized that Eva was his soulmate and he couldn't avoid those feelings any longer and wanted her back permanently.  Victor could understand those mixed feelings from Gideon and he did mention that he saw the 'connection' between them at dinner even tho things were strained. And we know the Gideon would have told him how much he loved her and would protect her always.   So maybe not that hard for him to agree to a marriage.    

But why did Gideon leave the day of video premiere? He knew the situation and that Eva had to pretend not to be with him so why did he get so angry?

Also I don't get how he wouldn't have seen the video beforehand when 1. He's part of Vidal records and 2. He already knew the song was about Eva?!

He left to go to Corrine's cause she had been calling everywhere for him-even Chris Jr.-trying to get her to understand how felt about her.

He told Eva he was sorry he didn't screen the video himself. Must've left it up to someone else-Jr. perhaps?

He left the video premiere early to go sort Corinne out again! God that woman's infuriating!

Don't know why he didn't vet the video before hand. Perhaps it wasn't available.

When the cops showed up at the family dinner, Gideon admitted he knew Nathan.  Keeping that in mind, when he and Victor spoke he could have told him that after seeing the pics/videos he was unable to stay with Eva.  But after weeks apart he realized that Eva was his soulmate and he couldn't avoid those feelings any longer and wanted her back permanently.  Victor could understand those mixed feelings from Gideon and he did mention that he saw the 'connection' between them at dinner even tho things were strained. And we know the Gideon would have told him how much he loved her and would protect her always.   So maybe not that hard for him to agree to a marriage.

Cops intuition. I think he knew what Gideon did to Nathan. Victor wanted to do the same when he found out. He told Eva he wanted to hurt someone/something. Hence the Krav. Maga.

Christopher Jr. really made me angry by very deliberately trying to wreck Gideon's attempt to win Eva back. As far as Christopher (and everyone else, even Ireland) knew, Times Square was the first time in weeks Gideon dared even approach Eva. So what does Christopher do very deliberately in front of Eva:

• Made it clear that Corrine talks to him (Christopher) frequently -- meaning Corrine has some sort of closeness to the Vidal family
  • Gideon is being a jerk to Corrine now by refusing to talk to her -- just like Gideon had cut off Eva for weeks (and likely will be a jerk to Eva yet again, if Eva gave Gideon any opportunity to do so)
  • Accused Gideon of (unfortunately, this part is true) of sending Corrine mixed signals -- and doing so in a way that would point out to Eva the fact that Gideon (unfortunately had done so recently) sent Eva herself mixed signals.
  • " .... gone over to her place last night." Last NIGHT. Hint, hint, Eva -- Gideon's f**** Corrine last night. He probably wants to f*** you tonight, but don't let him.

Good Lord, how much you want to bet Christopher knew all about Eva's insecurity and jealousy problem, compliments of Mrs. Giroux (who of course would have spun it as Eva being some nutjob while Corrine herself was a sweet little victim of Eva's crazy). Now Christopher is doing Corrine's dirty work for his own selfish ends --- trying to make Eva jealous and insecure and making her believe Gideon still is some cold-hearted jerk. Gideon was doing to Corrine now the exact manipulative thing he'd done to Eva -- and soon as Eva would let him back in, he'd turn on her again and run back to Corrine. Lather-rinse-repeat Gideon using women.

He left because Corrine call going postal..! And he said he didn't screen it as he didn't know at the time "golden" was written for Eva.!

Ok after re reading the book, I think that at the fundraiser Eva figured out that Anne Lucas was the Dr.that Corinne was seeing at put her on the antidepressant medicine.  I think the Russian Mafia has Megumi to trafficking her.  I think we will see a showdown between Eva & Corinne.  I think Gideon is definitely going to SD with his wife.  Was I the only one that thought that Corinne baby was Gideon baby at first?  I got a little freaked out at first!  I think that Eva didn't tell her mom that Gideon had proposed because she wanted her to see the ring on her finger & I think she told her before they left for the fundraiser.  

I think Eva definitely thinks Anne is Corrine's doctor. however, i disagree with thinking that the baby was Gideon's. He hasn't been with Corrine in years! In my opinion there is NO way that Eva or Gideon will ever cheat on each other. 

I'm still surprised Elizabeth even had the ring .... that the Feds didn't seize it along with every other auctionable valuable she and her now-dead-husband owned. As Gideon noted, she'd already faced financial ruin once. Based on what happened with the real-life Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff, the government seized practically everything of value both Madoff and his wife owned, auctioning the stuff off to go toward the victim fund.

Perhaps some sort of special exception applies to engagement/wedding rings. Even by hard-nosed government standards, ripping the engagement and wedding rings off the hand of a crook's wife (widow in Elizabeth's case) is cold. Or perhaps the ring was some sort of family heirloom from Elizabeth's side of the family. It's uncommon but not unheard of for a woman to wear an engagement ring that's an heirloom from her own family instead of wearing a brand new one bought by the fiance.

In any case, it would appear that ring was perhaps one of the sole valuables left from the Cross marriage. I envision Elizabeth setting it aside after she married Vidal, telling Gideon it would be his some day to pass on to his wife. Gideon became estranged from his family in his early teens, so it kinda made sense that when he got engaged to Corrine, he bought Corrine a ring himself instead of accepting Elizabeth's to use .....

..... and so what incredibly powerful message it did send that Gideon chose perhaps the only heirloom left from his parents life together to give to a woman he clearly means to spend the rest of his life with.

Perhaps it was seized LN and Gideon hunted it down.

I too believe that Corrine knew she was pregnant. Gideon wants to believe she didn't know .... and I hope that reasonable doubt continues to protect him for guilt he does not deserve.

But I fear that manipulative nutjob knew she was pregnant, and that's what prompted her finally after all those years to try to chase Gideon down. She planned to seduce him right away .... and then let him believe the baby she was carrying was his, something that would guarantee he would marry her quickly. One of the reasons she got increasingly frantic was the clock was running out .... the longer she failed to get Gideon to f*** her, the harder it would be to pass off the child as his.

Besides, by the fourth month, her options for backing out of the pregnancy got a whole lot more complicated.

NOTE: Abortion is a very sensitive issue on a number of levels -- religious, social, legal -- so I'm not taking any stances with the following explanation, but rather, simply discussing how the system works in the United States, where a landmark ruling by our Supreme Court made abortion legal and in a country where our medical system is run by the private sector, not the government itself. With that said ... the practice is legally protected but it is up to hospitals/clinics to decide for themselves whether they want to provide abortion services ....

It is relatively easy to find a hospital or clinic willing to terminate a pregnancy during the first 12 weeks - the first trimester.

It gets a whole lot more complicated 13 weeks onward .... the second trimester .... because things are now entering a gray area of "late term abortion." There's no exact line what constitutes "late" -- 16 weeks, 20 weeks -- so it is up to each care provider to decide what is late. But it is very difficult to find providers willing to perform late term abortions, especially in cases where a woman simply wants to end a pregnancy. Cases of a mother's life being in danger -- yes -- but for other reasons, um .... no. With each passing week, Corrine's options would have gotten even more narrow. And by the 20th week, it might have been all but impossible for her to find a clinic or hospital to perform one for any other reason but the fact her life was in danger.

The thought that she knew she was pregnant and was really trying to get Gideon back immediately was in the back of my mind. She has proven herself to be very manipulative, so I do agree with that part. No way she could have quickly married Gideon though. She's already married and I don't know how divorce works on France, but in most states here you have to be separated for a period of time before you can even file for divorce.