SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I've been wondering why so many people are complaining about the cliffhanger ending. I didn't consider the ending a cliffhanger. I'm thinking perhaps people are concerned about Eva's trip to SD and that's why they consider it a cliffy? Do we really think that Eva would cheat on Gideon?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wondering why so many people are complaining about the cliffhanger ending. I didn't consider the ending a cliffhanger. I'm thinking perhaps people are concerned about Eva's trip to SD and that's why they consider it a cliffy? Do we really think that Eva would cheat on Gideon?

I didn't think of it as a cliffhanger, but as a continuance of the story. and no she won't cheat on Gideon. They mean to much to each other.

I didn't think of it as a cliffhanger, but as a continuance of the story. and no she won't cheat on Gideon. They mean to much to each other.

Yea I agree with you I dont think its a cliffhanger and I dont think she will cheat on Gideon, she f***** up once with the kiss she's smart enough not to do it again! 

Yea I agree with you I dont think its a cliffhanger and I dont think she will cheat on Gideon, she f***** up once with the kiss she's smart enough not to do it again!

She is learning to think before reacting. Like she did with the prenup. She saw it, rather than react, she had a shower, and came back to it.

Hey LN-did you ever figure out how many chapters had sex scenes?

Um, not yet .... honestly, I think the time I just spent figuring out the timeline of Corrine's pregnancy could have been better spent with Gideon/Eva sexy time counting. Soooooo

Chapter

1 - foreplay

2 - sex

3 - sex

4 - nope

5 - sex

6 - sex

7 - sex

8 - sex

9 - nightclub sex ;)

10 - nope

11 - nope

12 - sex

13 - nope

14 - nope

15 - sex

16 - nope

17 - sex

18 - plane sex (oh baby)

19 - sex

20 - married sex in the office (so hot)

21 - nope

22 - sex

23 - end with a kiss that's going somewhere ....

So 14 out of 22 chapters.

Um, not yet .... honestly, I think the time I just spent figuring out the timeline of Corrine's pregnancy could have been better spent with Gideon/Eva sexy time counting. Soooooo

Chapter

1 - foreplay

2 - sex

3 - sex

4 - nope

5 - sex

6 - sex

7 - sex

8 - sex

9 - nightclub sex ;)

10 - nope

11 - nope

12 - sex

13 - nope

14 - nope

15 - sex

16 - nope

17 - sex

18 - plane sex (oh baby)

19 - sex

21 - nope

22 - sex

You crack me up. I guessed 6 out of 23-felt like a lot to me ;D

You crack me up. I guessed 6 out of 23-felt like a lot to me ;D

Some of those chapters involved them simply getting going .... like in the bathtub .... and then leaving the rest to our imaginations. Others involved very long, tender and HAWT encounters.

<p>

I went back over Eva/Gideon's timeline to figure out the timing for where Corrine's timing figured in ....

From the Monday evening that Eva and Gideon met in the Crossfire lobby to the Thursday evening that Entwined wrapped up, 59 days passed - about two months, -- eight and a half weeks.

"Four months pregnant" meaning in the fourth month could cover anything from the start of week 12 to the end of week 16. For this example, I'm going to go with the low end -- 12 weeks -- because Corrine, who was a slender woman, was not yet showing.

If these numbers work, then:

• Corrine would have been around 4-5 weeks along when Gideon met Eva. Corrine learned about Eva's existence on day 6 (the night of the advocacy center dinner, when Gideon talked to Corrine after the date-gone-badly was over.) It's possible she didn't yet know she was pregnant.
  • It was day 17 that Corrine became desperate enough to crash the fundraiser where she started chasing Gideon in person in New York. So we're talking 6-7 weeks along, in her second month. Perhaps she did know by then, and that's why she threw all caution to the wind to try to get Gideon back as quickly as possible. This was around the time, too, if she became Dr. Anne Lucas' patient, so I'm actually going to give Corrine the benefit of the doubt.
  • Day 28 is when Gideon started "dating" Corrine again. She's definitely 8+ weeks along now. She had to have known by then she was pregnant, I believe. If she knew exactly how far along she was, she knew she needed to seduce Gideon as soon as possible to trap him into marrying her while she was still pregnant, passing off the child as his and by the time the baby was born "too early" they'd already be married, and no way would Gideon throw her out to raise a child alone. .
  • Somewhere between day 42 and 44 is when Gideon cut Corrine off. She was now in definitely somewhere into her third month, and having failed to seduce Gideon by now, it's already too late to simply get him into bed and then trick him that he'd knocked her up the very first time. She'd start showing soon, so there's no way he would buy her being newly-pregnant.
  • Day 57 is when Corrine took the pills.

But surely with modern technology, Corinne cant truly have believed she could convince Gideon the baby was his long enough to get him up the aisle?

Gideon NEEDS control. Corinne knows him enough to know that. He is without doubt the type of man who would insist on attending ultrasounds/scans to check on the health of his child.

Now, while he might have done the honourable thing and proposed when she announced she was pregnant, Corinne would have been hard pushed to stop Gideon attending the ultrasounds not to mention, get a divorce and Gideon up the aisle before the baby made an early appearance.

I know she was desperate but you dont scheme like Corinne does especially about something this complicated without realising the pitfalls of the plan, and some of these are almost insurmountable.

Gideon is far too thorough about checking facts and if Corinne were to announce she were pregnant after 1 night together, he would want proof of the estimated conception date from a doctor.

<p>

I went back over Eva/Gideon's timeline to figure out the timing for where Corrine's timing figured in ....

From the Monday evening that Eva and Gideon met in the Crossfire lobby to the Thursday evening that Entwined wrapped up, 59 days passed - about two months, -- eight and a half weeks.

"Four months pregnant" meaning in the fourth month could cover anything from the start of week 12 to the end of week 16. For this example, I'm going to go with the low end -- 12 weeks -- because Corrine, who was a slender woman, was not yet showing.

• Corrine would have been around 4-5 weeks along when Gideon met Eva. Corrine learned about Eva's existence on day 6 (the night of the advocacy center dinner, when Gideon talked to Corrine after the date-gone-badly was over.) It's possible she didn't yet know she was pregnant.
  • It was day 17 that Corrine became desperate enough to crash the fundraiser where she started chasing Gideon in person in New York. So we're talking 6-7 weeks along, in her second month. Perhaps she did know by then, and that's why she threw all caution to the wind to try to get Gideon back as quickly as possible. This was around the time, too, if she became Dr. Anne Lucas' patient, so I'm actually going to give Corrine the benefit of the doubt.
  • Day 28 is when Gideon started "dating" Corrine again. She's definitely 8+ weeks along now. She had to have known by then she was pregnant, I believe. If she knew exactly how far along she was, she knew she needed to seduce Gideon as soon as possible to trap him into marrying her while she was still pregnant, passing off the child as his and by the time the baby was born "too early" they'd already be married, and no way would Gideon throw her out to raise a child alone. .
  • Somewhere between day 42 and 44 is when Gideon cut Corrine off. She was now in definitely somewhere into her third month, and having failed to seduce Gideon by now, it's already too late to simply get him into bed and then trick him that he'd knocked her up the very first time. She'd start showing soon, so there's no way he would buy her being newly-pregnant.

But surely with modern technology, Corinne cant truly have believed she could convince Gideon the baby was his long enough to get him up the aisle?

Gideon NEEDS control. Corinne knows him enough to know that. He is without doubt the type of man who would insist on attending ultrasounds/scans to check on the health of his child.

Now, while he might have done the honourable thing and proposed when she announced she was pregnant, Corinne would have been hard pushed to stop Gideon attending the ultrasounds not to mention, get a divorce and Gideon up the aisle before the baby made an early appearance.

I know she was desperate but you dont scheme like Corinne does especially about something this complicated without realising the pitfalls of the plan, and some of these are almost insurmountable.

Gideon is far too thorough about checking facts and if Corinne were to announce she were pregnant after 1 night together, he would want proof of the estimated conception date from a doctor.

Chapter

1 - foreplay

2 - sex

3 - sex

4 - nope

5 - sex

6 - sex

7 - sex

8 - sex

9 - nightclub sex ;)

10 - nope

11 - nope

12 - sex

13 - nope

14 - nope

15 - sex

16 - nope

17 - sex

18 - plane sex (oh baby)

19 - sex

21 - nope

22 - sex

That's one he l l of a lot of make up sex. You rock!! Gideon

No I don't think Eva would cheat on Gideon. But I do think Brett might be just a little too touchy feely and might not want to take "No" for an answer. And I hope Eva will Krav Maga his a.ss.

No I don't think Eva would cheat on Gideon. But I do think Brett might be just a little too touchy feely and might not want to take "No" for an answer. And I hope Eva will Krav Maga his a.ss.

I agree. She can't use it all the time on Gideon, poor chap. But we have got a few lads and ladettes, she can try it out on. Lol

I think the whole hospital scenario was ridiculous GidEva had no business being there in addition to Elizabeth...and I can see why Gideon wanted Angus to get Eva out of there because I was worried Corinne's parents would fixate on Eva , as I said earlier it was just sooo awkward and I felt sorry for Eva!!

Hi Sscrph, 

You make a good point about Corinne's parents fixating on her.  Out of everyone she is innocent. 

Yes...! This is true..!!

Hi Kirsten, 

I agree with you.  I don't think that Eva would cheat on Gideon regardless of whatever is going on between them.  She knows just how badly she hurt him when kissed Brett and Gideon knows just how badly he hurt Eva by flaunting Corinne in Eva's face.  That is the one point of the book that I am sure of. 

Yes I don't think it was a cliffhanger..! Eva will be fine in S.D her dad and husband will see to that..!! She won't cheat on him..!!

May I add one more thing too...

It is a VERY powerful message that Gideon sent to Eva and his entire family that the ring he gave her was the same ring his Father gave his Mother.  I have seen a few posts on here saying things like Eva shouldn't have accepted it or asked for another ring.  What we need to realize is that this ring, even if we know it was tainted by a Ponzi scheme, it represents something very important and special for Gideon and that is why he gave it to her.

As the wife of a man who does not have any sisters, I can honestly tell you that I would be honored to receive pieces of jewelry from my Husband that were his Mother's or even if my Mother-In-Law shared her jewelry with me.  Jewelry cares stories, sentimentality and something that is precious.  I am sure throughout their marriage Eva will receive not only a wedding band (maybe not though) and anniversary rings, just like her promise ring which was brand new, but this engagement ring was probably the most important thing that Gideon has from his childhood with his Dad, which he has happy memories of. 

I'm trying to catch up on all the posts I missed yesterday and this morning but I had to respond to this one. 

I agree with you completely.  I was surprised by the number of people who didn't like Gideon giving Eva his mother's ring. 

I think it is an honor to receive something so special from my husband.  I gave my son the ring my husband gave me for his wife.  (My husband passed away from natural causes.) His wife loves it.  They had a wedding band made that fit around the ring and the two look beautiful together.   I hate the idea of giving things away in a will after death.  I want to see my kids enjoy my things while I'm still alive. 

It is a beautiful gift from Gideon and she loves it and that is all that matters.  The fact that it threw Elizabeth for a loop is just icing on the cake.

Chapter

1 - foreplay

2 - sex

3 - sex

4 - nope

5 - sex

6 - sex

7 - sex

8 - sex

9 - nightclub sex ;)

10 - nope

11 - nope

12 - sex

13 - nope

14 - nope

15 - sex

16 - nope

17 - sex

18 - plane sex (oh baby)

19 - sex

21 - nope

22 - sex

Yes chapter 18 Oh Baby is right...! She took complete ownership of her man..!