SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was wrong about an important part of my biggest pet theory about what was going to happen with the murder case -- wrong about the part concerning key evidence immediately becoming  inadmissible within the two-week timeframe of Entwined (inadmissible because Detective Graves illegally questioned Eva about the actual break-up.)

I never saw coming the fact that someone would try to frame a gangster, a now conveniently-dead gangster. Well played, Sylvia -- well played indeed.

I was right about the fact Graves and her partner have NOT dropped the case. And I also was right about the fact the cops do have Eva under some sort of surveillance. Graves knew Gideon took Eva out of the country for a weekend (boy, that must have freaked out Graves if she is, in fact, still trying to build a case against Gideon.) And Eva was smart enough to figure Graves and her partner had been watching for her (Eva) to arrive home from work that day they approached her about the dead gangster.

So the huge question now is -- who did frame the gangster? My thought is Clancy. We know now he had Nathan under surveillance. Clancy likely knew the history of that bracelet Nathan always wore and which turned up on the gangster's corpse.) And Clancy has possible access to insider information about international crime gangs, because Clancy does have a brother in the FBI, an agency that handles organized crime.

For our international regulars, the Federal Bureau of Investigation is the U.S.'s national police agency, and it handles only very specific types of crimes that cross state lines, including national and international "organized crime" like the Russia Mafia. The vast majority of criminal cases, included murders, are investigated not by the "Feds" but rather by the states in which the crimes are committed, where local and/or state police departments will handle the investigation. Gideon's murder case is a matter for the state of New York, and because the killing happened in New York City, the city's police department (NYPD) is investigating.

Because I don't buy for an instant there was any sort of actual connection between Nathan and a supposed sex trafficker. That sicko considered Eva to be his own sexual property and never would have stood for other men being allowed to use her body.

As things now stand, the murder case has gone "cold" -- which is NOT the same thing as closed. It's still "unsolved." To close it, the police would need to "solve" it by definitively pinning the crime on someone -- even if that person is dead. Solving a case means arresting someone, but it's not possible to arrest a dead murder. It is, possible, however to rule "the dead guy definitely did it" and that is the equivalent of an arrest. Graves still (correctly) views the dead gangster as some sort of loose end -- not THE end. Not yet.

Someone has inside knowledge about what Gideon did that night. Someone entered that room after Gideon left and removed the bracelet from the corpse. Until Gideon finds out who did -- and more importantly whether that person is friend or foe -- he's still in some sort of danger. Because a foe with inside knowledge is capable of turning state's evidence against Gideon, and if that foe could provide concrete evidence against Gideon (like eyewitness testimony) it might still be possible to attempt to get a conviction against Gideon at a trial.

If the person is "friend" and will keep quiet, then as things now stand, there's no way a prosecutor could get a conviction. The fact that it's clearly possible someone else committed the killing (the gangster) sheds doubt on the fact Gideon had done it. Solid "reasonable doubt" is all the defense needs for a slam-dunk acquittal. And under the U.S. Constitution, if Gideon were acquitted, never, ever again could he be charged with the murder. If the prosecution loses a trial, the case if over forever. The government isn't allowed to keep going after a defendant in order to try to win a trial a second time. So if there is a very real possibility the prosecution would lose, they won't dare go to trial. They'd rather sit tight and wait for new evidence that could turn the tide and make it possible for them to win. There's no expiration on a murder investigation.

Is Graves still trying to nail Gideon? That I'm not so sure of anymore. All I do feel certain of is that Graves hasn't yet let the matter drop. So just like we hopefully will find out whoever tampered with evidence (the bracelet) is friend or foe, we'll find out whether Graves too is friend or foe.

At the beginning of EWY Gideon states he is not a suspect or a person of interest surely he is not delusional...

It's obvious that Anne is Corrine's therapist..! That B I T C H is trouble all across the board..! When I read the book I read it from the end to the beginning first then I had to read it the right way as I got mixed up on some things, but surely Anne was feeding Corrine those drugs and probably putting ugly thoughts in her head..!

I said before that Monica would sleep with Victor but she's hiding something much bigger than that..!!

I knew graves was not just burning her notes when Eva confirmed she dumped Gideon..! But I also see graves as not out to get Gideon, I think she's keeping a watchful eye on the case helping to keep Gideon in the clear..! As she gave Eva more info at the Karv Maga class..!

Tatiana: I don't know what's her gig but I think she gave Deanna the house number..!

What the H E L L happen to Megumi..? I don't think Michael has anything bad to do with Eva or Gideon as Megumi was working there before Eva even came in the picture but something is fishy about that..!

I truly think Brett knew about the sex tape..! (I mention to someone that he didn't know) I think he is going to blackmail Eva with that very tape.! Eva should have said no to Brett to begin with like Cary said no means no..! She can't tell Gideon to stop talking to Corrine if she's going out to dinner with Brett..!!

Christopher Jr.. Not much to say about him: but if given the opportunity and if he'd had knowledge about the sex tape he'd use that to his advantage..!

Ireland: going to make the best sister,sister in law and aunt..!

Elizabeth: is going to have know choice (like Eva said) but to make amends with her son.!!

Now this son that Hugh left behind... This worries me...!! Because without knowing what his father did he could be out for blood, his uncle (dr Lucas ) could be putting stuff in his head about Gideon that is so far from the truth..! .....

Ok let me think some more...! Lol

Good point about Hugh's son Mrs. Crossfire, another enemy for GidEva...

I found it difficult to believe that Corrine was 4 months pregnant and not showing. How could she not realize she was pregnant. I'll have to defer to our resident gyn Dr. Golfergirl to answer this one.

Well Corinne is described as very tall and slender like a model so a pregnancy probably would not show on her and she always seems to wear those sheath dresses when described...

I get why monica is so worried about money... I grew up in a house that wasnt very stable financially and I know that i wouldn't marry someone who isnt smart with money. They dont have to be a millionaire but financial stability is so important to me that they must at least be very very very smart with their finances. I know how difficult it is and the hostility it creates in a home so maybe she just experienced the same. Idk I dont want to speculate because while reading I realized ALL of my theories were way off lol

I think Victor seems very responsible and competent with money he's just not LOADED . He is a cop and makes a cops salary but he probably has a very good retirement package!!

True! I still hate th fact that Eva is still leading Brett on... Now who knows what's going to happen in SD! I want Gideon to go with her but she may want to make the trip on her own with Cary.

If he don't go she won't go with only Cary..!!

Another thing I noticed was Eva kept mentioning how she was curvy and has a big butt... Idk I just keep seeing how she mentioned her body shape a lot more in this book which makes me now understand why SD said she sees Scarlett Johansson playing Eva.

Eva probably has a body to kill for she is voluptuous and curvy like Marilyn Monroe probably not a model type body like say Kate Moss who I think looks severely malnourished IMO...

Does anyone think this has anything to do with Clancy?

Yeah I think Clancy knows what Gideon did to protect Eva. I think he had help from his FBI brother to set up a fall guy to protect Gideon.

At the beginning of EWY Gideon states he is not a suspect or a person of interest surely he is not delusional...

He did .... because I think that's the "official line" the cops were feeding his high-power lawyers.

Meanwhile, Eva was fed the line the investigation was being dropped entirely, Graves and her partner together decided to bury the whole thing.

Obviously, Graves and her partner still were working the case. So the drop-the-case was a lie. I have a feeling the not-a-suspect also was a lie, perhaps to an attempt to lull Gideon into a false sense of security.

Gideon knew better than to fall for that trap. He's still be uber careful -- look at the extreme measures he took to shake off any tail that might have been following him and Eva to the airport the weekend they went away to the Caribbean.

He's now become willing to risk openly going back to Eva, but I think only because as long as the dead gangster remains an alternate suspect, there's no way a prosecutor would dare take the case to trial. He hasn't totally relaxed his guard yet, though. Smart man.

I went back over Eva/Gideon's timeline to figure out the timing for where Corrine's timing figured in ....

From the Monday evening that Eva and Gideon met in the Crossfire lobby to the Thursday evening that Entwined wrapped up, 59 days passed - about two months, -- eight and a half weeks.

"Four months pregnant" meaning in the fourth month could cover anything from the start of week 12 to the end of week 16. For this example, I'm going to go with the low end -- 12 weeks -- because Corrine, who was a slender woman, was not yet showing.

If these numbers work, then:

• Corrine would have been around 4-5 weeks along when Gideon met Eva. Corrine learned about Eva's existence on day 6 (the night of the advocacy center dinner, when Gideon talked to Corrine after the date-gone-badly was over.) It's possible she didn't yet know she was pregnant.
  • It was day 17 that Corrine became desperate enough to crash the fundraiser where she started chasing Gideon in person in New York. So we're talking 6-7 weeks along, in her second month. Perhaps she did know by then, and that's why she threw all caution to the wind to try to get Gideon back as quickly as possible. This was around the time, too, if she became Dr. Anne Lucas' patient, so I'm actually going to give Corrine the benefit of the doubt.
  • Day 28 is when Gideon started "dating" Corrine again. She's definitely 8+ weeks along now. She had to have known by then she was pregnant, I believe. If she knew exactly how far along she was, she knew she needed to seduce Gideon as soon as possible to trap him into marrying her while she was still pregnant, passing off the child as his and by the time the baby was born "too early" they'd already be married, and no way would Gideon throw her out to raise a child alone. .
  • Somewhere between day 42 and 44 is when Gideon cut Corrine off. She was now in definitely somewhere into her third month, and having failed to seduce Gideon by now, it's already too late to simply get him into bed and then trick him that he'd knocked her up the very first time. She'd start showing soon, so there's no way he would buy her being newly-pregnant.
  • Day 57 is when Corrine took the pills.

He did .... because I think that's the "official line" the cops were feeding his high-power lawyers.

Meanwhile, Eva was fed the line the investigation was being dropped entirely, Graves and her partner together decided to bury the whole thing.

Obviously, Graves and her partner still were working the case. So the drop-the-case was a lie. I have a feeling the not-a-suspect also was a lie, perhaps to an attempt to lull Gideon into a false sense of security.

Gideon knew better than to fall for that trap. He's still be uber careful -- look at the extreme measures he took to shake off any tail that might have been following him and Eva to the airport the weekend they went away to the Caribbean.

He's now become willing to risk openly going back to Eva, but I think only because as long as the dead gangster remains an alternate suspect, there's no way a prosecutor would dare take the case to trial. He hasn't totally relaxed his guard yet, though. Smart man.

Sometimes he's a smart man :) Other times you just want to shake him.

I agree. As he said at the beginning, He doesn't want to insult the cops intelligence. He still has to watch himself.