SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Good Lord, AMC -- you've got nearly 500 posts in this thread alone!!! The community here was going WILD yesterday, it was amazing!! New members jumping in, and at one point well over a 100 lurkers reading. Mrs. Crossfire spotted Sylvia's name as actively on the site at one point (Sylvia didn't post, but she obviously was reading.)

Hi LN

Didn't realise Sylvia dipped in. Glad she saw how obsessed we are over this book. Did someone say when she is back from Australia she would pop in?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like it either. I mean after that whole hospital scene, I had a bad taste in my mouth so to speak so to then have Gideon disappear all that time. He's married for goodness sakes he should have called Eva or sent a text. He's still learning how to be in a relationship, is my only excuse for it. Plus he knew he couldn't tell Eva where he was going really. She would have been so upset to get that type of news over the phone. Doesn't excuse his behavior though.

In crisis mode over the sex tape -- which could have hurt Eva just like those homemade child p o r n pictures and video of Eva that sicko Nathan created -- Gideon regressed from New Gideon to Old Gideon. Keep Eva in the dark, handle the whole crisis secretly .... and once again assume that Eva would blindly trust him. 

Fortunately for him, she had decided to trust him. But not blindly -- as soon as he got back, she started demanding answers from him. And good for her NOT chasing him by phone or text while he was in the midst of his disappearing act. That must have really worried him, as well it should have. She put him in a position where he had to "do the right thing" by being the first one to re-establish contact.

Hi Kirsten, 

Do you think that it was Elizabeth Vidal seeing Eva wearing her old engagement ring that set her off?  Which would lead me to my next question; how would Gideon get his hands on that ring?  Usually women keep their engagement rings and only pass them down to their children way later on in life (or if a child specifically asks for said ring) but usually the mother would be aware of whom her child was going to propose to?  It seemed like Elizabeth was blind-sided when she saw that ring on Eva.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I too have asked this question (I posted at least 6 questions and would LOVE some help in the thread titled Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA) and wondered why Elizabeth was so shocked to see her original engagement/wedding ring on Eva's hand.  Gideon would have either been given the ring by Elizabeth sometime in the last 6 or so years (after he and Corinne were dis-engaged) or he asked for it from Elizabeth, which one would assume she would have asked why he wanted it.   Either way she GAVE him the ring.  I do not take Gideon for a stealer and even if he was I am sure she would have noticed something like that missing. 

Julie,

I took Gideon's explanation to Eva at face value, Vidal Records was in financial turmoil and he didn't want to see his Mom be hurt by financial problems again.  Ireland was young enough that her shares were not actively being used/managed and it would be a lot easier for him to take them over at that time.  However I have wholeheartedly felt that although Gideon was  a little standoffish with Ireland, that he really did care for her and always had intentions of giving her, her shares back whenever she would legally receive them, either 18 or 21 or after college...whenever.

I believe that Gideon has always had a fairly good relationship with Chris (Sr.) and wouldn't want his family to suffer.  If he didn't buy Ireland's and a majority of the public shares, than the family business would be less family and I believe that he wanted to help keep the business in the family as well as guaranteeing a future for not only Ireland by Christopher (Jr.) which we know, from what he has told Eva, that he has tried to help Christopher many times, including giving him money.

Hi Fayeth

I think Gideon loves his mum in his own way. When explaining why he had majority control, he said he was doing it for his mum, because he didn't want her to suffer financial crisis ever again. He obviously talks to her, albeit it seems rather frosty. Chris jnr is the thorn in Gideons side. If he wasn't in the equation, I wonder what sort of relationship Gideon would have had with the Vidals?

Cary got it right, when he said he thought Gideon had bailed them out. We should take more note of what he says. He is nearly always right!

I too have asked this question (I posted at least 6 questions and would LOVE some help in the thread titled Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA) and wondered why Elizabeth was so shocked to see her original engagement/wedding ring on Eva's hand.  Gideon would have either been given the ring by Elizabeth sometime in the last 6 or so years (after he and Corinne were dis-engaged) or he asked for it from Elizabeth, which one would assume she would have asked why he wanted it.   Either way she GAVE him the ring.  I do not take Gideon for a stealer and even if he was I am sure she would have noticed something like that missing. 

I'm still surprised Elizabeth even had the ring .... that the Feds didn't seize it along with every other auctionable valuable she and her now-dead-husband owned. As Gideon noted, she'd already faced financial ruin once. Based on what happened with the real-life Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff, the government seized practically everything of value both Madoff and his wife owned, auctioning the stuff off to go toward the victim fund.

Perhaps some sort of special exception applies to engagement/wedding rings. Even by hard-nosed government standards, ripping the engagement and wedding rings off the hand of a crook's wife (widow in Elizabeth's case) is cold. Or perhaps the ring was some sort of family heirloom from Elizabeth's side of the family. It's uncommon but not unheard of for a woman to wear an engagement ring that's an heirloom from her own family instead of wearing a brand new one bought by the fiance.

In any case, it would appear that ring was perhaps one of the sole valuables left from the Cross marriage. I envision Elizabeth setting it aside after she married Vidal, telling Gideon it would be his some day to pass on to his wife. Gideon became estranged from his family in his early teens, so it kinda made sense that when he got engaged to Corrine, he bought Corrine a ring himself instead of accepting Elizabeth's to use .....

..... and so what incredibly powerful message it did send that Gideon chose perhaps the only heirloom left from his parents life together to give to a woman he clearly means to spend the rest of his life with.

It never crossed my mind either that Gideon was the father of Corrine's baby. But I got very scared that Eva would assume it to be true and pull a runner. Look at what happened after she'd seen the party photo .... then to hear with her own ears confirmation that Corrine most definitely had been sexually active with someone recently? She wasn't "showing" so she obviously was in early pregnancy.

Gideon had sworn to Eva that the kitchen fire at the party hotel -- NOT Corrine -- was his alibi for many, many hours the night Nathan was killed. What if Eva suddenly doubted that and concluded that Gideon's real alibi involved taking Corrine upstairs to his fully-stocked f*** pad, that one thing led to another, and that what went on extended beyond the toys .... that his, um, you know what got involved?

My first thought of baby papa was Christopher Jr.

But he had already told her in the end of RIY he cleaned out the Fpad the night she had the nightmare.!! My first thoughts were it was her husband but she knew she didn't want to be with him,,so coming back to gideon would have to do, she didn't plan on Gideon being in love with Eva she thought, she (Corrine) would come back and Gideon would drop everything and everyone for her, she would sleep with him and put the baby on him forcing him to marry her..!! But it didn't work that way.. I very much believe she knew she was pregnant..!!

I'm still surprised Elizabeth even had the ring .... that the Feds didn't seize it along with every other auctionable valuable she and her now-dead-husband owned. As Gideon noted, she'd already faced financial ruin once. Based on what happened with the real-life Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff, the government seized practically everything of value both Madoff and his wife owned, auctioning the stuff off to go toward the victim fund.

Perhaps some sort of special exception applies to engagement/wedding rings. Even by hard-nosed government standards, ripping the engagement and wedding rings off the hand of a crook's wife (widow in Elizabeth's case) is cold. Or perhaps the ring was some sort of family heirloom from Elizabeth's side of the family. It's uncommon but not unheard of for a woman to wear an engagement ring that's an heirloom from her own family instead of wearing a brand new one bought by the fiance.

In any case, it would appear that ring was perhaps one of the sole valuables left from the Cross marriage. I envision Elizabeth setting it aside after she married Vidal, telling Gideon it would be his some day to pass on to his wife. Gideon became estranged from his family in his early teens, so it kinda made sense that when he got engaged to Corrine, he bought Corrine a ring himself instead of accepting Elizabeth's to use .....

..... and so what incredibly powerful message it did send that Gideon chose perhaps the only heirloom left from his parents life together to give to a woman he clearly means to spend the rest of his life with.

May I add one more thing too...

It is a VERY powerful message that Gideon sent to Eva and his entire family that the ring he gave her was the same ring his Father gave his Mother.  I have seen a few posts on here saying things like Eva shouldn't have accepted it or asked for another ring.  What we need to realize is that this ring, even if we know it was tainted by a Ponzi scheme, it represents something very important and special for Gideon and that is why he gave it to her.

As the wife of a man who does not have any sisters, I can honestly tell you that I would be honored to receive pieces of jewelry from my Husband that were his Mother's or even if my Mother-In-Law shared her jewelry with me.  Jewelry cares stories, sentimentality and something that is precious.  I am sure throughout their marriage Eva will receive not only a wedding band (maybe not though) and anniversary rings, just like her promise ring which was brand new, but this engagement ring was probably the most important thing that Gideon has from his childhood with his Dad, which he has happy memories of. 

But he had already told her in the end of RIY he cleaned out the Fpad the night she had the nightmare.!! My first thoughts were it was her husband but she knew she didn't want to be with him,,so coming back to gideon would have to do, she didn't plan on Gideon being in love with Eva she thought, she (Corrine) would come back and Gideon would drop everything and everyone for her, she would sleep with him and put the baby on him forcing him to marry her..!! But it didn't work that way.. I very much believe she knew she was pregnant..!!

I too believe she was pregnant. I feel very sorry for Jean-Francois, he has lost his wife, and now child. How could he go forward with Corinne knowing that.

I too believe she was pregnant. I feel very sorry for Jean-Francois, he has lost his wife, and now child. How could he go forward with Corinne knowing that.

I know.. Because he seems like a good man..! I don't know if he would go forward with Corrine, as he said a married women chasing another man is not attractive.!

They would need some serious counseling..!

Speaking of which I hope Dr Peterson is not in the Lucas/ Hugh family,.!!

I too believe that Corrine knew she was pregnant. Gideon wants to believe she didn't know .... and I hope that reasonable doubt continues to protect him for guilt he does not deserve.

But I fear that manipulative nutjob knew she was pregnant, and that's what prompted her finally after all those years to try to chase Gideon down. She planned to seduce him right away .... and then let him believe the baby she was carrying was his, something that would guarantee he would marry her quickly. One of the reasons she got increasingly frantic was the clock was running out .... the longer she failed to get Gideon to f*** her, the harder it would be to pass off the child as his.

Besides, by the fourth month, her options for backing out of the pregnancy got a whole lot more complicated.

NOTE: Abortion is a very sensitive issue on a number of levels -- religious, social, legal -- so I'm not taking any stances with the following explanation, but rather, simply discussing how the system works in the United States, where a landmark ruling by our Supreme Court made abortion legal and in a country where our medical system is run by the private sector, not the government itself. With that said ... the practice is legally protected but it is up to hospitals/clinics to decide for themselves whether they want to provide abortion services ....

It is relatively easy to find a hospital or clinic willing to terminate a pregnancy during the first 12 weeks - the first trimester.

It gets a whole lot more complicated 13 weeks onward .... the second trimester ....  because things are now entering a gray area of "late term abortion." There's no exact line what constitutes "late" -- 16 weeks, 20 weeks -- so it is up to each care provider to decide what is late. But it is very difficult to find providers willing to perform late term abortions, especially in cases where a woman simply wants to end a pregnancy. Cases of a mother's life being in danger -- yes -- but for other reasons, um .... no.  With each passing week, Corrine's options would have gotten even more narrow. And by the 20th week, it might have been all but impossible for her to find a clinic or hospital to perform one for any other reason but the fact her life was in danger.

I know.. Because he seems like a good man..! I don't know if he would go forward with Corrine, as he said a married women chasing another man is not attractive.!

They would need some serious counseling..!

Speaking of which I hope Dr Peterson is not in the Lucas/ Hugh family,.!!

Don't go there! That would be one step to far! Lol

I too believe that Corrine knew she was pregnant. Gideon wants to believe she didn't know .... and I hope that reasonable doubt continues to protect him for guilt he does not deserve.

But I fear that manipulative nutjob knew she was pregnant, and that's what prompted her finally after all those years to try to chase Gideon down. She planned to seduce him right away .... and then let him believe the baby she was carrying was his, something that would guarantee he would marry her quickly. One of the reasons she got increasingly frantic was the clock was running out .... the longer she failed to get Gideon to f*** her, the harder it would be to pass off the child as his.

Besides, by the fourth month, her options for backing out of the pregnancy got a whole lot more complicated.

NOTE: Abortion is a very sensitive issue on a number of levels -- religious, social, legal -- so I'm not taking any stances with the following explanation, but rather, simply discussing how the system works in the United States, where a landmark ruling by our Supreme Court made abortion legal and in a country where our medical system is run by the private sector, not the government itself. With that said ... the practice is legally protected but it is up to hospitals/clinics to decide for themselves whether they want to provide abortion services ....

It is relatively easy to find a hospital or clinic willing to terminate a pregnancy during the first 12 weeks - the first trimester.

It gets a whole lot more complicated 13 weeks onward .... the second trimester ....  because things are now entering a gray area of "late term abortion." There's no exact line what constitutes "late" -- 16 weeks, 20 weeks -- so it is up to each care provider to decide what is late. But it is very difficult to find providers willing to perform late term abortions, especially in cases where a woman simply wants to end a pregnancy. Cases of a mother's life being in danger -- yes -- but for other reasons, um .... no.  With each passing week, Corrine's options would have gotten even more narrow. And by the 20th week, it might have been all but impossible for her to find a clinic or hospital to perform one for any other reason but the fact her life was in danger.

Yes Ma'am... DITTO..!!

Don't go there! That would be one step to far! Lol

Lol.. Just putting it out there..!! He didn't want them sleeping together..!! (Before he knew about the nightmare)

How did Deanne know he had a "dark side"

Maybe Dr's get together and share notes like Dr Anne Lucas and Dr Pererson.!

Just saying

How do we think Gideon should handle the situation with Corinne going forward? Should he visit her in the hospital? Cut off all contact and refuse to speak to her again?

Personally I think visiting her in hospital is another mixed message and she may believe (if her suicide attempt was to manipulate Gideon into coming back to her) that she has been successful. I think he should write her a letter making it quite clear that they are finished forever, explain to her how he feels about Eva. I dont think he should necessarily give it to her right away - maybe give it to her husband to pass on when he feels she is strong enough. But I think by not visiting her that should send a message in itself that he is done playing games and she needs to move on, deal with this mess she has created, without him.

I was thinking that Eva should told Corrine's husband that she & Gideon were married right up front.  That would remove any 'hope' that Corrine may have had they she could break them up.  By going with 'engaged' I agree that she used the OD to guilt Gideon into giving up Eva and returning to her.  I don't think he should see her alone again.  I am also thinking, Eva needs to sit Gideon down and tell him she believes that Corrine's OD was her last ditch effort to get him back, knowing that suicide would be a trigger for major guilt.  She tells him its not his fault but she needs to stress that Corrine did it on purpose - like the 2 attempts to get Eva to believe they were having sex - he still doesn't see Corrine's nasty side.  

Can someone tell me where that dirty fingernail photo from Penguin fit in? I think I've figured out the others. Maybe not correctly..........

That's the rape of Gideon. But using a child would be unethical. So an older model was used for photographic reasons

Just thinking.

Why hasn't Cary been told that Nathan beat him up?

Why indeed? Why haven't the police told Cary they identified his attacker?

Maybe that would be because the fact is part of an even bigger ongoing investigation, the murder of Nathan Barker. If Nathan's death truly was "solved" then there would be no problem in telling Cary his beating happened to be part of the whole mess. The murder investigation is still going on (latest twist involves a now-dead-gangster) so the cops are continuing to keep their cards close to the vest. I'm no longer sure whether Detective Graves is friend or foe to Gideon -- but it's plain that she lied to Eva about the case being dropped.

It's clear why Eva hasn't told Cary. He'd figure out that Gideon killed Nathan, and that knowledge would put Cary in a dangerous legal bind -- the risk he too could get dragged into the murder case, if the cops were to charge Gideon. At the very least, a prosecutor might try to force Cary to become a prosecution witness. Worst case scenario -- the cops might wrongly accuse Cary along with Eva of having known beforehand Gideon planned to kill Nathan, She and Gideon won't ever expose Cary to the risk of being suspected of being an accessory.

I was thinking that Eva should told Corrine's husband that she & Gideon were married right up front.  That would remove any 'hope' that Corrine may have had they she could break them up.  By going with 'engaged' I agree that she used the OD to guilt Gideon into giving up Eva and returning to her.  I don't think he should see her alone again.  I am also thinking, Eva needs to sit Gideon down and tell him she believes that Corrine's OD was her last ditch effort to get him back, knowing that suicide would be a trigger for major guilt.  She tells him its not his fault but she needs to stress that Corrine did it on purpose - like the 2 attempts to get Eva to believe they were having sex - he still doesn't see Corrine's nasty side.  

I'm seriously going to punch him out if he goes to see her again!!!

I thought the police might have said something though, they had the evidence. I didn't think Eva would say anything, to protect Gideon, but Cary is very astute sometimes.

Unless Cary asks I don't think anyone is going to tell him Nathan beat him up.!! As far as he thinks it has something to do with a chick "teaches me, don't stick you d##k in the wrong chick"

I think once the case goes away for good then they will tell him..! But for now.. What he don't know ain't going to kill him.!!