Afterburn Snippets

There's also an excerpt.

I guess I'm going to be forced to buy an e-reader since I won't let all these discussions pass me by. And I'm certainly not going to wait until November!!

There's also an excerpt.

I guess I'm going to be forced to buy an e-reader since I won't let all these discussions pass me by. And I'm certainly not going to wait until November!!

HI .... I have a Nook so not sure how it works with Kindle, but you can get the Nook App on smart phone, iPad and even on your PC so you could read digital copies without buying the e-reader.  You will have to establish an account but after that you should be good to go.  

Didn't think I would read on my phone but when I'm waiting in line for an appt it's really nice to just pull out my phone and read.  

Enjoy !

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear D500,

I am having Gideon and Eva withdrawals. Unfortunately I haven't read Afterburn/Aftershock yet so I'm thinking it's time. If I am thinking correctly Deanna is in this series I am wondering if Gideon is in it also, can you let me know I would appreciate it? Does this series have a happy ever after?

Patty

10 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

Dear D500,

I am having Gideon and Eva withdrawals. Unfortunately I haven't read Afterburn/Aftershock yet so I'm thinking it's time. If I am thinking correctly Deanna is in this series I am wondering if Gideon is in it also, can you let me know I would appreciate it? Does this series have a happy ever after?

Patty

You will enjoy this series. No Gideon or Eva but Deanna is a character. Rumor has it that Afterburn/aftershock is being adapted into a movie for 2018

yes it does have a HEA

Looks like the film will be out next year, the author's posts about it seem positive.  She's also confirmed in answers to questions on Facebook that Gideon and Eva will feature in the Blacklist books as all the books are interlinked, and the Ireland books may be a 'few years' before they appear. 

I think she once said all her books are connected - I've not read the historical or paranormal books but may have to explore those if that is the case. 

Dear jmhope, it is nice to hear from you it has been quite awhile, I hope all is well.  Thank you for responding I will have to purchase those two books. Thank you also D500 for responding, I read on Twitter about Gideon and Eva being in the Blacklist Series and Ireland's novels that is why I was curious about Afterburn/Aftershock. 

I have been having difficulty signing into the fan site I have to keep changing my password in order to sign in, have either of you been having difficulties?

19 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

Dear jmhope, it is nice to hear from you it has been quite awhile, I hope all is well.  Thank you for responding I will have to purchase those two books. Thank you also D500 for responding, I read on Twitter about Gideon and Eva being in the Blacklist Series and Ireland's novels that is why I was curious about Afterburn/Aftershock. 

I have been having difficulty signing into the fan site I have to keep changing my password in order to sign in, have either of you been having difficulties?

hey how have you been?   I have been fine.   Not much activity on this website anymore.  Haven't been signing on very much, but when I do no problem.

As for her books being linked, not really, just the ones marked "series" and then the character mentioned in the book is featured in the next book in the series.  Her stand alones are just that stand alone.

Hope you decide to read Afterburn/Aftershock think you will enjoy.  BTW you can get the books together,  the one in white with the gold shoes entitled Afterburn/Aftershock

3 hours ago, jmhope said:

hey how have you been?   I have been fine.   Not much activity on this website anymore.  Haven't been signing on very much, but when I do no problem.

As for her books being linked, not really, just the ones marked "series" and then the character mentioned in the book is featured in the next book in the series.  Her stand alones are just that stand alone.

Hope you decide to read Afterburn/Aftershock think you will enjoy.  BTW you can get the books together,  the one in white with the gold shoes entitled Afterburn/Aftershock

I have been good.  I haven't been signing on a lot because I constantly have trouble with it telling me that I am using the wrong password so I have to change it every time.

I don't know if you follow her on Twitter but it is saying that Afterburn/AfterShock is being adapted as a motion picture with Sylvia Day saying she is shooting for March 2018. (I will probably purchase them soon and will let you know what I thought.)

She was asked a question whether Gideon and Eva will make an appearance in Ireland's series and she said "Of course. Any man who thinks he's worthy of Ireland will have to get past Gideon first." Then said that it will be a few years because she is writing the Blacklist series now which also features some of our favorite Crossfire Books characters and it all connects.

• 3 weeks later...

jmhope and D500 I read both books and I really liked them thank you for suggesting them. I hope that if a movie is done it is very close to the books.  I am still having trouble signing on and still have to change my password so I am a little frustrated but I'll keep changing it when I do sign on. I'll probably start rereading the Crossfire Series again in the not too distant future. :)

3 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

jmhope and D500 I read both books and I really liked them thank you for suggesting them. I hope that if a movie is done it is very close to the books.  I am still having trouble signing on and still have to change my password so I am a little frustrated but I'll keep changing it when I do sign on. I'll probably start rereading the Crossfire Series again in the not too distant future. :)

Glad you enjoyed them. I'm having no problem signing in.

Getting ready to go on holiday, that's when I plan on re-reading The Crossfire series 

1 hour ago, jmhope said:

Glad you enjoyed them. I'm having no problem signing in.

Getting ready to go on holiday, that's when I plan on re-reading The Crossfire series 

I hope you are going some where warm. We are suppose to be getting a Nor'easter on Tuesday ugh I need to move to warmer climates.  Enjoy your holiday.

On 2/23/2017 at 6:53 AM, D500 said:

The only problem I have is that I am not receiving e-mails when someone posts on topics I have subscribed to.  And today I could not access the forum using my 'favourite' on my computer but had to come via the web site. 

I am hoping I fixed my sign in problem. I never thought to put this site in my favorites I just go through the web site.

I use a favourite to reach this page.  It does occasionally sign me out, but most sites do that. 

You are both making me want to re-read the Crossfire series, but I have so much on my tbr list at the moment.  I read a book on my iPad the other day and realised towards the end that I'd read it before but couldn't actually remember having done so - yet I can recall quite a lot of the Crossfire books, for some reason they made a big impact on me.

(Gideon ......!!!!!)

5 hours ago, D500 said:

I use a favourite to reach this page.  It does occasionally sign me out, but most sites do that. 

You are both making me want to re-read the Crossfire series, but I have so much on my tbr list at the moment.  I read a book on my iPad the other day and realised towards the end that I'd read it before but couldn't actually remember having done so - yet I can recall quite a lot of the Crossfire books, for some reason they made a big impact on me.

(Gideon ......!!!!!)

What book did you read was it good and had a HEA? I think I could retell the Crossfire series verbatim hahaha.

One of the Lauren Landish/Willow Winters books - I read a few of them one after the other and realised one I had already read. 

I think most books I've read have had an HEA - Carnage springs to mind as being one that didn't and was one that definitely made me ugly cry.