The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the roses were from Brett, they would

Maybe she got roses from Brett, probably a dozen. The fact that there are only four in the picture is symbolic, not literal, symbolic that  Brett's wooing isn't going anywhere.

If they are roses from Brett and Gideon saw them, he would be furious.

If the roses were from Brett, they would

If they are roses from Brett and Gideon saw them, he would be furious.

I think Gideon sneaked into Eva's apartment only once, that first night, risking the danger. But he doesn't dare go near the place a second time. Eva's the bait in the trap, so she'd be the main one the cops would follow -- that and she's much easier to tail, because she doesn't have a car and she sometimes walks to work.

Could the roses represent one for every week that they were apart? I'm sure it was about 3 or 4 weeks from when it all went pear shaped after North Carolina.

Oooo, I like it! It was nearly three weeks they were estranged.

Week one technically they were still together, but Gideon had already resumed taking Corrine out and distancing himself from Eva without explanation. Week one was when Nathan died. At the end of that week, Eva formally dumped him.

That was followed by more than a week of absolutely no contact whatsoever between the pair of them.

In week three, they resumed very limited contact for two straight days (Monday and Tuesday) and then on Wednesday is when she ended up on his doorstep, having just found out from the cops what the supposed deal was with Nathan's murder.

My educated guess is that by Chapter 7 we're either into late Friday or possibly Saturday evening.

Who was it that liked red wine Gideon or Eva?? And when Gideon was at Evas for dinner to meet her dad didn't it describe her kitchen or the counter top?? I don't remember, anyone??

I'm pretty sure this must be Gideon's place. Eva has a stone countertop and the last time she was at Gideon's in Reflected she was drinking merlot...

I hope that Brett doesn't annouce Eva in the crowd. No; 'This song is for Eva Tramelll, who's here today"..... i don't think she'd like that...lol. Maybe just a sentimental mention w/o saying her full name?

I think that Eva and Gideon do meet nup at Eva's still...remember that one snippet where they're dancing around her apartment after loading the  dishwasher? But I do believe they go to hotels too....

2 weeks is such a short span for this book! It's going to be intense...I wonder how the luggage tags will play in

Maybe this is Eva drinking by herself at home

Maybe Gideon is renting an apartment for their trysts...

Since they are both under surveillence, I don't think that they are getting together in their respective apartments...(except for that one time at Eva's after she told Gideon the police were dropping the case).

Anyone else think this snapshot could be a proposal ?

One glass because this is Gideon's glass that he's put down to give Eva the most beautiful engagement ring!

Just a thought!

58 days if my calculations are right !

Yes that did cross my mind hope you are right I also think it could possibly go with the one snippet where they are dancing around the breakfast bar and she falters and he says too much wine angel ? That being said ;

that is a very romantic snippet and a proposal coming after the dance would be so appropriate what do you all think?

Yes that did cross my mind hope you are right I also think it could possibly go with the one snippet where they are dancing around the breakfast bar and she falters and he says too much wine angel ? That being said ;

that is a very romantic snippet and a proposal coming after the dance would be so appropriate what do you all think?

That's what I was thinking that it could be in line with snippet #5

Yes let's have a proposal , Eva and Gideon are meant to be together .

In BTY when Gideon gave Eva the promise ring he said that its not that ring your not ready for that.

Then in RIY Monica says he's going to marry you and then in the car Eva says I'm going to marry you.

So is inevitable that they get married !

I think you're right about this snapshot being connected to a specific snippet, because two others definitely were:

• Snapshot #2 (the Christmas presents) definitely connected to a snippet, Sylvia told us, and our best guess was the snippet in which Eva joked to Gideon that waking up with him was like waking up to presents on Christmas.
  • Snapshot # 4 (the microphone) obviously connected to a snippet as well, because the day before that snapshot was posted, Sylvia gave us a snippet involving Brett at a PR event in New York.

So if this same pattern holds, today's snapshot ties into Gideon dancing around with Eva at home, giving her a happy memory that matches his happy memory of watching Eva dance around her kitchen with her Dad. Plus Gideon creating a new happy memory is a form of apologizing for just how bad things turned out the night he'd been to dinner to meet her Dad.

I think you're right about this snapshot being connected to a specific snippet, because two others definitely were:

• Snapshot #2 (the Christmas presents) definitely connected to a snippet, Sylvia told us, and our best guess was the snippet in which Eva joked to Gideon that waking up with him was like waking up to presents on Christmas.
  • Snapshot # 4 (the microphone) obviously connected to a snippet as well, because the day before that snapshot was posted, Sylvia gave us a snippet involving Brett at a PR event in New York.

So if this same pattern holds, today's snapshot ties into Gideon dancing around with Eva at home, giving her a happy memory that matches his happy memory of watching Eva dance around her kitchen with her Dad. Plus Gideon creating a new happy memory is a form of apologizing for just how bad things turned out the night he'd been to dinner to meet her Dad.

so true

So if we are correct in assuming this snapshot is connected with said snippet then Gideon and Eva are at his place in Chapter 7. Does this mean that they no longer have to hide their relationship or is Eva still sneaking into his place at this point in Chapter 7. What do you all think?

So if we are correct in assuming this snapshot is connected with said snippet then Gideon and Eva are at his place in Chapter 7. Does this mean that they no longer have to hide their relationship or is Eva still sneaking into his place at this point in Chapter 7. What do you all think?

Remember, we've got those nightclub snippets that strongly suggest they're still sneaking around, and none of those strongly link to any of the snapshots thus far. So I think they're still undercover in Chapter 7.

The two snippets involve Eva on a girl's night out at a club Gideon owns. She uses the club's business phone to call him because the phone number is "safe" (Gideon owns the place, so its phone number showing up on a list of calls to his cell phone wouldn't be suspicious like Eva's cell number showing up on his call list would.)  On the phone, she jokes about being out partying like she's "single" and being a bad girl. Gideon tell her he's on his way to meet her there in an o go meet her there in an inconspicuous section of the club, careful about his appearance so that he looks like just another really hot guy, not the billionaire mogul he is.

An interesting thing about that pair of snippets is that when Eva jokes about being "bad" Gideon tells her to come home and be bad with him (and then when she explains she can't leave "the girls" yet he decides to go to Eva instead.) This suggests they've figured out a way for Eva to sneak into his apartment too -- my guess is via the service entrance and service elevator. One of my guesses about snapshot #5 (neatly folded towels tied up with ribbon) is a service entrance.

Actually, they could be at her place, his place, or a love nest they've set up. She was loading the dishwasher though, so I'm thinking it was her place. Here's the full text of snippet # 5:

We cleaned up the mess from dinner together. As I reached for the rinsed dish Gideon held out for me to put in the dishwasher, he faked me out. He grabbed my hand instead and deftly set the plate on the counter. Catching me around the waist, he spun us into a dance. From the living room, I caught the strains of something beautiful laced with a woman’s pure, haunting voice.

“Who is this?†I asked, already breathless from the feel of Gideon’s powerful body flexing against mine. The desire that always smoldered between us flared, making me feel vibrant and alive. Every nerve ending sensitized, preparing for his touch. Hunger coiled tight with heated anticipation.

“No clue.†He swept me around the island and into the living room.

I surrendered to his masterful lead, loving that dancing was a passion we shared and awed by the obvious joy he felt in just being with me. That same pleasure effervesced within me, lightening my steps until it felt like we were gliding. As we approached the sound system, the music rose in volume. I heard the words “dark and dangerous†in the lyrics and stumbled in surprise.

“Too much wine, angel?†Gideon teased, pulling me closer.

But my attention was riveted to the music. The singer’s pain. A tormented relationship she likened to loving a ghost. The words reminded me of the days I believed I’d lost Gideon forever and my heart ached.

I looked up into his face. He was watching me with dark, glittering eyes.

“You looked so happy when you were dancing with your dad,†he said, and I knew he wanted treasured memories like that between us.

“I’m happy now,†I assured him, even as my eyes stung at the sight of his yearning, a longing I knew intimately. If souls could be mated with wishes, ours would be inextricably entwined.

Cupping his nape, I pulled his mouth down to mine. As our lips touched, his rhythm faltered. He stopped; hugging me so tightly my feet left the floor.

Unlike the heartbroken singer, I wasn’t in love with a ghost. I was in love with a flesh and blood man, one who made mistakes but learned from them, a man who was trying hard to better himself for me, a man who wanted us to work as desperately as I did.

“I’m never happier than when I’m with you,†I told him.

“Ah, Eva.â€

He took my breath away with his kiss.

I keep thinking that Sylvia said that there are 2 weeks from the end of RIY and the end of EWY...

We are only in the beginning chapters of EWY...

There is a murder investigation going on...

Gideon and Eva have to be careful being seen with each other...

IDK....I just can't see them taking a chance at Eva's or Gideon's apartment..

The reason I think it's his place is because she asks him who is singing and I'm thinking it was his sound system so he probably should know...

He's in the music business (among many things) and she doesn't recognize the singer, so no matter where they're hiding, it'd make sense for her to ask. 

Eva does have a stereo system in her open living room area. Cary had it blaring while he was having a small orgy there -- Eva killed the music by throwing a shoe at the system. Good aim - the disc playing skipped and then stopped.

But yeah, more of Sylvia letting us run wild with the snippets, trying to put one piece of a puzzle into a bigger picture :) Whose dishwasher? Whose stereo? Whose kitchen? Whose living room?

Is it June yet?