The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Hi LN I love your Brett idea . As much as I love Gideon and know he has been through a lot , he really hurt Eva these past few weeks and perhaps he needs a wake up call but your idea about a separate car seems to make more sense. You know everyone loves a good love triangle!!!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi LN I love your Brett idea . As much as I love Gideon and know he has been through a lot , he really hurt Eva these past few weeks and perhaps he needs a wake up call but your idea about a separate car seems to make more sense. You know everyone loves a good love triangle!!!

He certainly needs a reminder about what it feels like to be sick with jealousy -- because he needs to learn how to get OH-VER that. Eva certainly did, and no thanks to him either. She did it by digging deep inside herself after she dumped him.

Hi everyone,
I have been reading everyone's postings about Gideon's possible mommy issues and I have to wonder what the correlation is between the two.  How does hair colour relate to Gideon and his supposed preferences?  His mother doesn't even have the same hair colour.  Could someone please explain?  Thanks.

Hi everyone,
I have been reading everyone's postings about Gideon's possible mommy issues and I have to wonder what the correlation is between the two.  How does hair colour relate to Gideon and his supposed preferences?  His mother doesn't even have the same hair colour.  Could someone please explain?  Thanks.

Hi all.

Re: brunette s

Some people regard black hair as brunette, while others call it raven colouring. It's seems it is a bit of a grey area, sorry about the pun!

Eva referred to Ireland as a lovely brunette at the garden party. She is the same colouring as Gideon and Elizabeth Vidal.

Hi all.

Re: brunette s

Some people regard black hair as brunette, while others call it raven colouring. It's seems it is a bit of a grey area, sorry about the pun!

Eva referred to Ireland as a lovely brunette at the garden party. She is the same colouring as Gideon and Elizabeth Vidal.

Hi Julie54,
I went to Bared to You and I read on page 219 Sylvia writes "His mother and sister had his colouring, both women boasting the same glossy obsidian hair and thickly lashed blue eyes."  I was under the impression that Gideon, Elizabeth Vidal and Ireland all had black hair and blue eyes.  Can you tell me where you read that Ireland was a brunette?  Maybe Sylvia put that in a as a ruse?

I also noticed that Gideon dated every type of woman except women who had black hair.  I think that Corinne may have been the only exception.  Maybe Gideon was so repulsed by his mother that he avoided women the same characteristics as his mother.  What does everyone think?

I agree its to easy.. For one I think Gideon would not just commit murder remember "he knows when to stop" as strong minded and powerful as Gideon is I think be has more control then that.. Do I think he killed him yes, but I think it was somehow during a struggle... Sylvia's answer is because of how it was done that were not aware of yet.. I also think Monica and straton were involved..what does everyone think??

Hi Gigi

Page 221 third of the way down.

Was Gideons preference for dark-haired women a ###### law or something? And your a very lovely brunette. Was what Eva said to Ireland .

Hi Julie54,

I thought that Eva was making that comment to Cary, since he had just entered into the picture.  Sylvia had clearly written on the pages before that both Gideon and Ireland had black hair and blue eyes (just like their mother).   I have no idea what to say. Where would Ireland have gotten her brunette hair from?   

I also wonder even if Ireland had brunette hair, how would that relate to Gideon's fetish of women with certain hair colours.  Sigh!  This is getting confusing.

I agree its to easy.. For one I think Gideon would not just commit murder remember "he knows when to stop" as strong minded and powerful as Gideon is I think be has more control then that.. Do I think he killed him yes, but I think it was somehow during a struggle... Sylvia's answer is because of how it was done that were not aware of yet.. I also think Monica and straton were involved..what does everyone think??

Hi Jeanmarie,

I think we will all have to wait and see until June 4th to get some definite answers.  Thus far, we have speculated up the wazoo and have had steam come out of our ears.  It is obvious that there are many key elements that are missing in order for the reader to be able to assess this specific situation accurately.  Otherwise, I think there might be a round of fisty-cuffs amongst some of the readers.  :)

Gigi

Ireland made the comment to Eva "you're a blonde", Eva came back with "and you're a very lovely brunette" when they were being introduced.

Hi Julie54,

So why would Eva describe Ireland and her mother both having the same kind of obsidian hair colouring as Gideon?  It doesn't make sense.  There is a huge difference between the two; one is black and the other is brown.  Perhaps there is an interchange of the wording.  What do you think?

Brunette commonly is used to describe women with dark hair: black and brown, not just brown. Sylvia uses the word frequently in the Crossfire series, starting in the very first chapter of Bared. In fact, the word is more than casually tossed out there: it's a serious matter in Gideon's history involving women.

We have a physical description of Elizabeth Vidal on page 219 of Bared (Eva is meeting her at the Vidal's garden party.) According to the description, Elizabeth's hair is black (though Sylvia uses an unusual and quite lovely synonym for the word black, obsidian.) That same paragraph notes that both Gideon and Ireland have their mother's coloring (i.e. blue eyes as well as dark hair.) Interesting to note that the paragraph does not specify the style of Elizabeth's hair.

The physical description we have of Corrine is on page 310 of Bared (Eva is about to meet Corrine, who is looking at Gideon in a way that makes it obvious Corrine is deeply in love with him.) Her hair is black - thick and straight and worn waist length. Her eyes are pale blue and her skin tone is golden.

On Page 219, Sylvia clearly states that "His mother AND sister had his colouring, both women boasting the same glossy obsidian hair and thickly lashd blue eyes.  To me that statement means that both Elizabeth Vidal and Ireland Vidal have obsidian black hair.  What am I missing?

Gideon has issues with me.   Brunette and now you guys have added grey into it.   I've been coloring the greys since I was teen.   LOL   Thanks to my dad's side of the family.

Hi Donnad, 

At least you get to choose the hair colour you would like to be.  Hey you may even decide to go blonde which means as far as Gideon is concerned, you would wind up at the front of the line. :)  The rest of us brunettes, haven haired beauties will be at the back, kicking rocks. :)