The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if Gideon would be able to cope with a trial, what would happen to all his businesses and would something like that not give Christopher Jnr the opportunity to get control of the record label, thus getting one up on Gideon

if Gideon couldn't be with Eva (although he now knows she's safe) it would kill him. Twice he said he wouldn't survive her. I worry for him.

so going with that theory, we have had all the angst and turmoil, now things will start to get better? Perhaps a good cliff hanger. If I'm wrong about the arrest, I will take us all out for a stiff drink! Because I think we will all need one!

Fingers crossed :)

In both of the prior Chapter 15, Gideon has done something to "save" Eva. Save their almost-ended early relationship in Bared. Saved her life in Reflected. Maybe this is the Chapter 15 that Eva "saves" Gideon from his darkness, does something that finally convinces him the nightmares won't ever stand in the way of them being able to share a bed, a home, a life -- marriage, in other words.

Oh I do hope so

if Gideon couldn't be with Eva (although he now knows she's safe) it would kill him. Twice he said he wouldn't survive her. I worry for him.

We know that Sylvia is going to give them their well deserved HEA. That is something we can all hold onto while we take this crazy ride through the next couple of books.

Actually, the only evidence we know about is circumstantial, because all we know about is the evidence that Graves decided to tell Eva about. I think there's more that she (Graves) didn't talk about.

For one thing, we know from Monica wailing to Eva a couple of days earlier, the cops showed up at Stanton's office to seize copies of security tapes. Graves said nothing to Eva about Stanton.

Graves was trying to manipulate Eva, not be 100% honest with Eva.

She was absolutely manipulating Eva. It will be interesting to find out what actually happened that night. Maybe it ended up being self defense of Gideon's part( i know that is a far stretch) but you never know:)

The murder case is, when Entwined opens, close to the point where it would be time to decide whether or not to indict/arrest Gideon. The detectives have figured out he did it, have already broken his alibi, and are now building the motive side of the case.

The easiest way that the case would go away at this particular stage -- on the threshold of decision on whether or not to arrest -- would be the prosecutor determining the evidence isn't strong enough to meet the burden of proof. Under the U.S. legal system, the prosecution is always the side with the uphill battle. Gideon's team doesn't have to prove him innocent -- EVERYTHING rests on the prosecution proving guilt.

I'm convinced Graves lied when she fed Eva b******* the cops basically decided on their own to drop the case because Nathan was a dangerous scumbag but Gideon's no danger to other people. However, it is possible the prosecution will decide that even though they know he did it, knowing it and proving it to a jury are two different things. This is not simply the prosecution being afraid of the best defense lawyers money can buy. If the prosecution had the evidence to do it, they'd go after Gideon no matter how rich he is. If the prosecution knows the evidence isn't enough to meet the burden, they'll back down now rather than lose the trial.

I do so hope you are right

Oops, double post. Anyhoo, all the evidence Graves did tell Eva about is circumstantial, not "direct" evidence.

However, cases are tried and won every day on circumstantial evidence. Forensics help, but cases can be built without them. The only slam-dunk evidence is a confession.

I think you're right. Also we only have Graves version of what she thinks happened with the murder. The facts may turn out to be a little different. It should be interesting. The biggest thing is that as of right now there is no physical evidence. It is all circumstantial. 

What about Graves's partners notes, nothing was said about that, only that Graves was destroying her notes, maybe they are holding onto her partners as security, you never know..... thoughts anyone

Actually, the only evidence we know about is circumstantial, because all we know about is the evidence that Graves decided to tell Eva about. I think there's more that she (Graves) didn't talk about.

For one thing, we know from Monica wailing to Eva a couple of days earlier, the cops showed up at Stanton's office to seize copies of security tapes. Graves said nothing to Eva about Stanton.

Graves was trying to manipulate Eva, not be 100% honest with Eva.

I totally agree with you here LN, however, I did think that the Detective was quite surprised with Eva's emotion when she was told the story from Graves about their thoughts on the matter, I was thinking that maybe Graves was saying all this to get a reaction from Eva of recognition which she never got and I think this threw the detective 

What about Graves's partners notes, nothing was said about that, only that Graves was destroying her notes, maybe they are holding onto her partners as security, you never know..... thoughts anyone

Destroying the notes -- that "claim" is what told me the detective was lying through her teeth. Cops do not destroy records, least of all with homicide cases, because such cases technically stay active forever if not "solved" via arrest. With all other serious crimes, a statute of limitations exists. When the time runs out, and no arrest has been made, the case is finished. At that point, the case file is useless. Murder files never run out of time. The case may be considered "cold" -- but it still is an open investigation. 

Plus, we know videotape was seized from Stanton's office. Given the fact Gideon never EVER phoned Eva once the body had been found, it's safe to say his phone records got pulled too. The cops would have gotten copies of all the old case files concerning Nathan's past crimes. Did all of that go into someone's fireplace to get torched? I think ... NOT. The notes didn't either.

Destroying the notes -- that "claim" is what told me the detective was lying through her teeth. Cops do not destroy records, least of all with homicide cases, because such cases technically stay active forever if not "solved" via arrest. With all other serious crimes, a statute of limitations exists. When the time runs out, and no arrest has been made, the case is finished. At that point, the case file is useless. Murder files never run out of time. The case may be considered "cold" -- but it still is an open investigation. 

Plus, we know videotape was seized from Stanton's office. Given the fact Gideon never EVER phoned Eva once the body had been found, it's safe to say his phone records got pulled too. The cops would have gotten copies of all the old case files concerning Nathan's past crimes. Did all of that go into someone's fireplace to get torched? I think ... NOT. The notes didn't either.

what I noted also LN that was never mentioned was the video tapes from Crossfire as when Monica collapses and we now know it was because she saw Nathan outside Crossfire and Eva asked Gideon to have a look at the tapes of the outside he said he would look into it, if Stanton's security videos have been taken surely the Crossfires will also and they will see how many times Nathan went to see Gideon, from the discussions at Eva's appartment we know that the police knew Nathan was trying to blackmail Gideon but we don't know how many times Nathan tried

what I noted also LN that was never mentioned was the video tapes from Crossfire as when Monica collapses and we now know it was because she saw Nathan outside Crossfire and Eva asked Gideon to have a look at the tapes of the outside he said he would look into it, if Stanton's security videos have been taken surely the Crossfires will also and they will see how many times Nathan went to see Gideon, from the discussions at Eva's appartment we know that the police knew Nathan was trying to blackmail Gideon but we don't know how many times Nathan tried

nathan knew to see Gideon again would be suicidal. Once was enough.

I always had the impression that Eva had a relationship with her dad from the time she was very young.  Even though it wasn’t what Victor wanted Monica allowed Victor to be a part of Eva’s life.  “My mother refused to marry him, but he’d never wavered from his determination to be my dad in every way possible.†In Bared to You.    I thought this meant that Victor spent time with Eva and checked up on her often.

In Reflected in You Eva was thinking about her mom “I couldn’t ignore how she’d managed to avoid seeing or talking to him since I’d become old enough to communicate with him directly† I interpreted this comment to mean that once Eva was old enough to call her dad and visit him herself Monica completely broke and contact with him but she never kept Eva away from Victor.

Do you all look at this differently?

Hi Sharon! : ) sorry for the delayed response back. I took a few days away and feel like I missed out on a lot being away! lol I agree with you on this because that's how I saw it. I'm just so annoyed at Monica's behavior. I actually like Victor more than Monica!  

lovely car!

The website will probably crash on Tuesday. This forum will be HOT!!!

you're not kidding!!! I've been away from my computer for a few days and feel like I missed a ton of stuff. I saw that SD is posting the Chapter 1 where the snippets & snapshots are. I had a feeling they would be there. I can't wait to read it. I'm counting down the hours lol! : )

you're not kidding!!! I've been away from my computer for a few days and feel like I missed a ton of stuff. I saw that SD is posting the Chapter 1 where the snippets & snapshots are. I had a feeling they would be there. I can't wait to read it. I'm counting down the hours lol! : )

welcome back. You have a lot to catch up on!

21 hours to go!!!

Thank you LN for explaining this. I thought it sounded too easy that she "destroyed the notes".

I agree that a detective would never destroy his/her notes.  I was trying to get my head around that and wondering if that was some poetic license or something that the reader had to do a hand wave and ignore.  After I found this site I decided that type of writing isn't necessarily Sylvia's style.

I think the reason everyone is trying so hard to protect Eva is because her recovery is so tenuous.   They all see how she reacts to Nathan, and while they need to include her more in decisions, I understand their actions.  I’m sure Monica and Stanton gave Gideon some backstory that makes him worry.  Also, I keep thinking about what Monica said at the hospital “He’s completely taken you over and assumed control of everything.† Gideon wants to protect Eva the only way he knows how at this point. 

I also want to comment on Monica’s love for Eva.  I am firmly in the camp believing that Monica really loves Eva and is consumed with guilt.  I was in the hospital a lot as a child and I can tell you my parents were overcome with guilt and all they did was accept a promotion that moved them to another city.  If I found out that my child was abused because of a decision I just can’t imagine how guilty I would feel.

Hi Gigi & Sharon,

I absolutely agree  : )

I am having a hard time concentrating at work today. I can't even imagine how i will be tomorrow. We will sure have a lot of things to talk about then.

Me too.  It is bad enough it is a Monday but I so want to read chapter 1 that I can't concentrate.  I keep writing my chapter 1 in my head and then tell myself...the read chapter is going to be so different.

Was just thinking that when I saw the clip, I hope with the absence of Eva so much in Gideons life he does not have any nightmares

I'm hoping it's not a nightmare either : ( usually they're clawing the sheets beneath them it's during their hot lovemaking! so keeping fingers crossed it's the latter : )