The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Because the NYPD investigation has something to do with Chapter 14. Stress could be a trigger that sparks a nightmare in Chapter 15.

i don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but I just hope, that this book doesn't end with a cliff hanger of Gideon being arrested!! please god no!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope its some really hot sex not a nightmare I get a sick feeling everytime Gideon almost hurts Eva. I know its not his fault but it still makes me mad and then I feel bad for both Gideon and Eva.

i don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but I just hope, that this book doesn't end with a cliff hanger of Gideon being arrested!! please god no!

Oh Please don't say that I think that is everyone's worst fear. Although if he were arrested and the case went to trial it might be for the best. Let's say he was tried for murder one ( murder in the 1st degree) and the jury found him innocent because of reasonable doubt because the lack of any physical evidence. He could never(not even the cops found concrete evidence that Gideon did kill Nathan after the trial was over) be tried for Nathan's murder again, because that would be Double Jepoardy. So maybe that's what SD is planning? It be just about the only way the Gideon could get away with murder without always having to worry.

Oh Please don't say that I think that is everyone's worst fear. Although if he were arrested and the case went to trial it might be for the best. Let's say he was tried for murder one ( murder in the 1st degree) and the jury found him innocent because of reasonable doubt because the lack of any physical evidence. He could never(not even the cops found concrete evidence that Gideon did kill Nathan after the trial was over) be tried for Nathan's murder again, because that would be Double Jepoardy. So maybe that's what SD is planning? It be just about the only way the Gideon could get away with murder without always having to worry.

im still going with LN Cronans version. The detective screwed up over her little chat with Eva in the gym, and lack of evidence.

If Gideon went to prison for killing Nathan, it would kill Eva. Just think how she was when they broke up. Her guilt would be indescribable. She would face a life sentence like him. No I can't go there! Think happy thoughts. :)

Plus it would be a crappy ending for a love story:(

We are about two thirds of the way into the novel now -- usually crisis city.

Bared Chapter 14-15: He dumped her in Chapter 14 rather than talk about his violent sexual nightmares. In Chapter 15, he "rescues" her from the clutches of his family at the Vidal's garden party.

Reflected Chapter 14-15: Eva reaches her agony point over Gideon pulling away from her while openly spending time with Corrine again. Chapter 15 starts with what would turn out to be Thursday that Gideon kills Nathan, and the chapter ends with the cliff-hanger in Eva's apartment the following night: the cops telling her Nathan was found dead.

im still going with LN Cronans version. The detective screwed up over her little chat with Eva in the gym, and lack of evidence.

I'm right there with you Julie. I think the police will have to drop the case for real. I want to get onto other parts of the story.

Oh I totally agree Eva would be devastated .But if Gideon did get arrested as much money as he has I can easily picture his high priced defense attorney getting him out on bail as long as he forefitted his passport. Since he is a Billionaire CEO that has company to run. And a murder case like that would be high profile so it would probably be brought to trial as quickly as possible. I am having nothing but happy thoughts but I always have to be a bit realistic even if it sucks to be so.

We are about two thirds of the way into the novel now -- usually crisis city.

Bared Chapter 14-15: He dumped her in Chapter 14 rather than talk about his violent sexual nightmares. In Chapter 15, he "rescues" her from the clutches of his family at the Vidal's garden party.

Reflected Chapter 14-15: Eva reaches her agony point over Gideon pulling away from her while openly spending time with Corrine again. Chapter 15 starts with what would turn out to be Thursday that Gideon kills Nathan, and the chapter ends with the cliff-hanger in Eva's apartment the following night: the cops telling her Nathan was found dead.

so going with that theory, we have had all the angst and turmoil, now things will start to get better? Perhaps a good cliff hanger. If I'm wrong about the arrest, I will take us all out for a stiff drink! Because I think we will all need one!

In both of the prior Chapter 15, Gideon has done something to "save" Eva. Save their almost-ended early relationship in Bared. Saved her life in Reflected. Maybe this is the Chapter 15 that Eva "saves" Gideon from his darkness, does something that finally convinces him the nightmares won't ever stand in the way of them being able to share a bed, a home, a life -- marriage, in other words.

On one hand i understand how a trial and acquittal would be a good thing so that they would never have to deal with this again. But given that the book covers such a short amount of time, i feel that having a murder trial would take up way too much of the story and we would not get the opportunity to go through the other aspects of their pasts. Plus i really don't want the story to be dominated by this issue. 

In both of the prior Chapter 15, Gideon has done something to "save" Eva. Save their almost-ended early relationship in Bared. Saved her life in Reflected. Maybe this is the Chapter 15 that Eva "saves" Gideon from his darkness, does something that finally convinces him the nightmares won't ever stand in the way of them being able to share a bed, a home, a life -- marriage, in other words.

ive got my hat ready! Count me in on this one. With all the angst and heartbreak we need some fun, as Cary would say :)

On one hand i understand how a trial and acquittal would be a good thing so that they would never have to deal with this again. But given that the book covers such a short amount of time, i feel that having a murder trial would take up way too much of the story and we would not get the opportunity to go through the other aspects of their pasts. Plus i really don't want the story to be dominated by this issue. 

i agree. That's why I don't think it will come to that. We don't want it to detract from the main story of a romance between Eva and Gideon. So far there's not been much happiness. This story is the dark side of love. Definitely not hearts and flowers.

I don't believe that Gideon will get arrested.  It just seems to cliche to me.  I have a feeling that Sylvia is going a different route with this story.  I'm with LN on this one.  I'm thinking after Graves gets her comeuppance (not sure about this word) Gideon & Eva have a great sex scene. 

The murder case is, when Entwined opens, close to the point where it would be time to decide whether or not to indict/arrest Gideon. The detectives have figured out he did it, have already broken his alibi, and are now building the motive side of the case.

The easiest way that the case would go away at this particular stage -- on the threshold of decision on whether or not to arrest -- would be the prosecutor determining the evidence isn't strong enough to meet the burden of proof. Under the U.S. legal system, the prosecution is always the side with the uphill battle. Gideon's team doesn't have to prove him innocent -- EVERYTHING rests on the prosecution proving guilt.

I'm convinced Graves lied when she fed Eva b******* the cops basically decided on their own to drop the case because Nathan was a dangerous scumbag but Gideon's no danger to other people. However, it is possible the prosecution will decide that even though they know he did it, knowing it and proving it to a jury are two different things. This is not simply the prosecution being afraid of the best defense lawyers money can buy. If the prosecution had the evidence to do it, they'd go after Gideon no matter how rich he is. If the prosecution knows the evidence isn't enough to meet the burden, they'll back down now rather than lose the trial.

Hi Caroline,

I think that’s where maybe some of the forum members may differ.  I think that everyone had everyone else’s best interests at heart and not Eva’s.  Oh yes everyone in the book kept trying to justify their actions and  kept stating that they did this or that or the other to “protect†Eva, but NO ONE  EVER ONCE ASKED OR INCLUDED Eva in the DECISION MAKING PROCESS.  Please don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that you said this or that someone specifically had said it, it just seems to be a recurring theme in this book.

I was thinking about what everyone was saying about how Monica loves Eva and I started questioning whether Monica loves Eva or whether she just loves her reflection in Eva’s eyes.  There is a big difference between the two.  Other forum members have mentioned that Monica almost treats Eva like an accessory and I have to say that I agree. 

I think the reason everyone is trying so hard to protect Eva is because her recovery is so tenuous.   They all see how she reacts to Nathan, and while they need to include her more in decisions, I understand their actions.  I’m sure Monica and Stanton gave Gideon some backstory that makes him worry.  Also, I keep thinking about what Monica said at the hospital “He’s completely taken you over and assumed control of everything.† Gideon wants to protect Eva the only way he knows how at this point. 

I also want to comment on Monica’s love for Eva.  I am firmly in the camp believing that Monica really loves Eva and is consumed with guilt.  I was in the hospital a lot as a child and I can tell you my parents were overcome with guilt and all they did was accept a promotion that moved them to another city.  If I found out that my child was abused because of a decision I just can’t imagine how guilty I would feel.

The murder case is, when Entwined opens, close to the point where it would be time to decide whether or not to indict/arrest Gideon. The detectives have figured out he did it, have already broken his alibi, and are now building the motive side of the case.

The easiest way that the case would go away at this particular stage -- on the threshold of decision on whether or not to arrest -- would be the prosecutor determining the evidence isn't strong enough to meet the burden of proof. Under the U.S. legal system, the prosecution is always the side with the uphill battle. Gideon's team doesn't have to prove him innocent -- EVERYTHING rests on the prosecution proving guilt.

I'm convinced Graves lied when she fed Eva b******* the cops basically decided on their own to drop the case because Nathan was a dangerous scumbag but Gideon's no danger to other people. However, it is possible the prosecution will decide that even though they know he did it, knowing it and proving it to a jury are two different things. This is not simply the prosecution being afraid of the best defense lawyers money can buy. If the prosecution had the evidence to do it, they'd go after Gideon no matter how rich he is. If the prosecution knows the evidence isn't enough to meet the burden, they'll back down now rather than lose the trial.

I think you're right. Also we only have Graves version of what she thinks happened with the murder. The facts may turn out to be a little different. It should be interesting. The biggest thing is that as of right now there is no physical evidence. It is all circumstantial. 

the way our theories have gone back and forth, I'm sure we have been over thinking big time, (She says, sitting here with fingers crossed). If the detectives have broken Gideons alibi, surely the lack of evidence regarding the stabbing is also a problem for them, not that we have much to go on at the moment.

LN I believe that Graves lied too.  When she first walked into the gym I thought this is not good but then I was happy with the ending hoping for the best.  However the more I thought about it the more I thought a lie would be a better segue to the next book.  Sylvia is making Gideon & Eva really work for their relationship.  It is a great story.

#15 http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/05/06/entwined-snapshot-15/

Man's hand (must be Gideon's) gripping a bedsheet.

More hot sex, I hope, not a nightmare.

Was just thinking that when I saw the clip, I hope with the absence of Eva so much in Gideons life he does not have any nightmares

OMG no that would be horrendous not sure if I could cope with that

I think you're right. Also we only have Graves version of what she thinks happened with the murder. The facts may turn out to be a little different. It should be interesting. The biggest thing is that as of right now there is no physical evidence. It is all circumstantial. 

Actually, the only evidence we know about is circumstantial, because all we know about is the evidence that Graves decided to tell Eva about. I think there's more that she (Graves) didn't talk about.

For one thing, we know from Monica wailing to Eva a couple of days earlier, the cops showed up at Stanton's office to seize copies of security tapes. Graves said nothing to Eva about Stanton.

Graves was trying to manipulate Eva, not be 100% honest with Eva.

Not sure if Gideon would be able to cope with a trial, what would happen to all his businesses and would something like that not give Christopher Jnr the opportunity to get control of the record label, thus getting one up on Gideon