SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I just keep thinking the Mafia when I think of Monica' story line, I am not sure I feel that Eva maybe in danger though but you never know, we all had thoughts before Entwined came out and they never appears so you never know maybe we will be better with our theories in Captivated.

I don't like how they all keep secrets from Eva and treat her like a kid, she is a grown woman, doing Krav Maga and quite savy herself so if she knew the truth I think she would feel a bit more confident in herself that people are trusting her with stuff and like you said she can keep her guard up

Hi Sheens, 

I agree with you.  I think that it would make the world of differene to Eva to know that her family stands behind her, supports her and trusts that she will be able to keep herself safe.  What do you think?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! You are truly amazing! 231 pages and going strong. Congratulations!!

I've been trying to keep up with the reading and you've all brought up some really great points and made me see a lot of things from a different angle. Thanks!

My only gripe relating to EWY is Eva's handling of Brett. OK, at the start she was meant to be pretending to be single and what better way than with a famous ex, but dinner was not necessary and inviting him up to her apartment where she would be alone with him was really BAD!! I couldn't believe she would do that to Gideon. She knows how Brett affects her and she just has to go cold turkey when it comes to Brett. As for San Diego...... Ugghhh!

I think you've all made great predictions for CBY - I'm not even going to bother. The only one I got right last time was that the lower luggage tag on the cover would say Eva Cross - but then you probably all got that one...

Instead I went back to RIY and found it was really interesting to see Gideon's approach to Eva knowing what we do now about his previous "sexual encounters". He was completely following his pattern at the start i.e. trying to keep it "impersonal": "Romance isn't in my repertoire, Eva. But a thousand ways to make you come are. Let me show you", "I'm dangerously close to taking you back to the couch and making you come 'til you beg me to stop" & "What will it take to talk you into a threesome with B.O.B?". Even before the Advocacy Dinner, it was all about Eva, but then in the limo she seriously rocked his world and, well, the rest is history...sigh!

Hi Chiara,

I was thinking about what you posted and you make many good points.  I wonder if Eva is too busy trying to manage a crisis instead of sitting back and looking at the bigger picture?  Do you know what I mean?  Instead of realizing that she still has unresolved issues with Brett, she sees Deanna in her apartment lobby and makes a split decision to take Brett upstairs because that the only way that she knows how to manage an already bad situation.  Brett, thus far has been a loose cannon and has openly stated that he wants Eva back and will do everything in his power to make that happen. 

So Eva realizing this decides to "manage" the situation and takes Brett upstairs with her instead of leaving a guy who has obvious feelings for her downstairs with a woman who obviously and clearly hates the man that Eva loves...Gideon.  What do you think?

Hi Rogue.

Sorry I didn't mean confront Corinne on her own. Gideon doesn't seem to be making any headway with Corinne.

Both Gideon and Eva together need to sit these two(Brett and Corinne) down, I don't care if they double date, and just let them know, we are "engaged/married " nothing is going to happen. Suck it up and get on with your lives. Gideon and Eva have both have dilly dallied round this pair for too long.

Hi Julie, 

I think that Sharon had mentioned something about the fact that Corinne was going to be around for a "while".  What do you think Corinne will be up to if she is locked up in  the psychiatric ward of the hospital?  Do you have any ideas?

I think Gideon absolutely knows Brett is going to be in SD. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I think that Brett is going to cross the line and Eva will take care of it. It will allow her to see that her behavior where he is concerned has been a mistake.

Hi Jls, 

I hope that Gideon backs off and lets Eva deal with Brett.  I think that it would mean the world to her, to know that her hubbie trusts her judgement and that she is grown enough to be able to handle herself (and protect herself).

Maya Banks KGI series is great.  It is about 6 Kelly brothers who have a security firm (high tech) and go on missions for the CIA.  There is always love and romance found along the way. 

Hi Sharon,

What's a little love without a war or too (I am joking here)?   Is her writing any good?  Have you read any of her books?  I have to wonder where these women get their inspiration from?  Where do all these good looking men live?  Postal Code or Zip Code please. :)

For the most part it is great.  In my former life I was on call 24/7 dealing with down or malfunctioning systems in healthcare.  That is a stressful job when the labs aren't getting results to a floor it can impact patient treatment.  There are downtime procedures but it is still very stressful.

You are asolutely right about that!  I could patients and doctors getting very testy about not getting their results on time or having to wait for long periods of time.  It can make for some really uncomfortable conversations between people.   

I am glad that you have less stress in your current position.  It is good.   

I've just finished #1 & 2 in Maya Banks' Breathless Trilogy. Not bad. I'll definitely check out the KGI series. Beth Kery is pretty good-a little BDSM. I'm curious to read some of Raine Miller and Gail McHugh's works. Also been reading more of Sylvia's stuff. BTY was my first SD book. I really like her writing.

I have read MB"s sweet series and I have her breathless on order I also have read all of Sylvia's other books which are a great read altogether I have 9 of Sylvia's books and 6 of MB's they keep me busy until CBY comes out.

I agree.  Gideon said he couldn't stand to be away from Eva any longer and he was going to get her.  He thought she was disgusted by his dreams and then he finds out she accepted the invite from Christopher.  He went wild and wanted to get to her and get her out of the dark place that he hated

Hi Sharon, 

I think you just hit the nail on the head.  Gideon was afraid.  He was afraid that Eva was disgusted by his nightmares.  It was insecurity that  was driving him. 

You also made another really good point as have others.  Gideon wanted to rescue Eva from one of his "literal" nightmares.

We know little about Monica's marriage to the 'whale' gambler. She has something to tell Eva. I'm sure that's where Sylvia is heading.

Eva's stronger than all of those around her. I think even stronger than Gideon in that she is further along in dealing with her skeletons. Even her dad Victor is kind of a mess right now. It's going to end up that everyone has to lean on strong Eva.

Hi Michele, 

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone ended up relying on Eva?  It would be about time.  :)

I think you are right.  It could be that Monica brings up her past marriages with Eva.  We don't know anything about her past other than what Sylvia has told us. 

You make a good observation in that Victor is indeed a mess after his "hot mess fling" with Monica (sorry I couldn't resist there...:)).  Do you have any ideas about why Monica and Victor slept together after all this time?  What do you think?

Ok ladies.

I've just had a little moment. A lot of you want Eva to use her Krav Maga skills, but I don't think she will use them on anyone close to her. I'm thinking that she will use them on Megumi's boyfriend. I reckon, that Eva will go to her friends apartment, when she returns from SD, or even the Friday before she goes, because Megumi is still "sick." Finding Megumi perhaps battered by Michael, as she is helping Megumi, Michael appears, and tries to ward Eva off. She retaliates by using her skills, saving Megumi. What do you think. To OTT?

Hi Julie, 

I am not sure if you wanted someone specifically to answer.  What is OTT? 

I think that your theory is potentially plausible because we don't have any information thus far.  Wouldn't it be really scarry to deal with a full blown abuser?  I think I would be absolutely freaked out if I saw some guy beating up a woman.  Most men are a lot larger in muscle mass and physical frame than the average woman and Eva is petite.  Wouldn't it be something if Eva actually put her life on the line for Megumi.  Wow!  How do you think Gideon would react if he found out about Eva having to defend herself against some "abuser"?  

I think she's driven herself crazy. She couldn't act overtly the way she does and still be normal - devious manipulator or not. She couldn't be sane and be clawing and crying at Gideon the way she is. In her right mind she would have to know nothing would be more certain to drive him away than all that clinging, whining, and making scenes. At the beginning when she came back, she was pretty clever in her ploys with, Eva, and stuff like remember the good old days, etc., She was probably thinking Eva's jealousy would turn off Gideon and drive him back to her. But she's just acting bonkers now. I don't believe she really intended to commit suicide, but screwed it up and took too many pills. And if she knew about and was still willing to risk drug damage to her baby, she needs committal and help.

Hi Nancy, 

You make a good point.  Corinne is mentally ill.  It doesn't matter what got her there.  She is now going to get help whether she likes it or not. 

If Corinne did it to make Eva crazy and get Gideon back, she only managed to make herself sick literally and figuratively.  You are also correct that if Corrine was willing to risk the life of her unborn baby (by taking an overdose), then that woman really does need mental help in the worst way. 

Yes I have thought that myself and I am a 51yo!!

Hi Sscrph & Nancy, 

Do you ladies think that after having lived with Elizabeth Vial (nee Cross) that she has beaten the "life" out of him?  Do you think that Elizabeth Vidal really loves her husband or do you ladies think that this is a marriage of convenience?  Could it be that is what has beaten him down?  What does everyone think?

When did she say she was drained financially??

Hi Sscrph, 

You ask a good question.  To the best of my knowledge the only thing that was written was Monica referencing a comment about that, but not that she was ever drained financially.  I too would like to know where that was written.  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I'm 60 and agree with both of you.  He doesn't have the spine to tell his son that he is making a bad decision.  He makes Gideon vote his shares.

You make a good point.  I wonder if Christopher Sr. doesn't bother to rock the boat with his biological son because then he has to deal with the consequences?  What do you think? 

Hi Chiara,

I was thinking about what you posted and you make many good points.  I wonder if Eva is too busy trying to manage a crisis instead of sitting back and looking at the bigger picture?  Do you know what I mean?  Instead of realizing that she still has unresolved issues with Brett, she sees Deanna in her apartment lobby and makes a split decision to take Brett upstairs because that the only way that she knows how to manage an already bad situation.  Brett, thus far has been a loose cannon and has openly stated that he wants Eva back and will do everything in his power to make that happen. 

So Eva realizing this decides to "manage" the situation and takes Brett upstairs with her instead of leaving a guy who has obvious feelings for her downstairs with a woman who obviously and clearly hates the man that Eva loves...Gideon.  What do you think?

Hi GiGi,

Thanks for replying to my post - you really are very thorough!! The problem is, I think she invited Brett up without having seen Deanna: "I invited Brett up, because I couldn't see any way to avoid it that wasn't rude." Like, hello? How about "Thanks for dinner, don't call me, I'll call you", or "See you in my next life?"  But inviting him up was ASKING for trouble. She would have FREAKED if Gideon had asked Corinne up to his empty apartment. She had already made it clear to Brett that she loved Gideon - what on earth was he meant to think when she invites him up. No wonder the guy doesn't give up.

I agree with you that neither Gideon or Eva owe those two anything. They both need to put their foot down and let those two know there isn't a chance. Somehow though, I don't think telling Brett she's engaged will makea difference to him, I think he's very determined to get Eva and she'll have to be really strong in putting him in his place.  I wouldn't doubt it if Brett had somethng to do with the sex tape leaking. He needs to go and so does Corrine!

Youre right brett wouldnt care about her being engaged! To me it seems like the hunt is very exciting for him. Hes a rock star he could have anyone he wanted and i bet that the fact that he wants Eva and cant have her is a thrill within itself so who knows what we really feels for her beyond that.

I agree with both of you.  I don't think that Brett would care if he found out about Eva's engagement.  I could be wrong on this issue however.  I am only basing this opinion on his past behaviour.   

Hi GiGi,

Thanks for replying to my post - you really are very thorough!! The problem is, I think she invited Brett up without having seen Deanna: "I invited Brett up, because I couldn't see any way to avoid it that wasn't rude." Like, hello? How about "Thanks for dinner, don't call me, I'll call you", or "See you in my next life?"  But inviting him up was ASKING for trouble. She would have FREAKED if Gideon had asked Corinne up to his empty apartment. She had already made it clear to Brett that she loved Gideon - what on earth was he meant to think when she invites him up. No wonder the guy doesn't give up.

Hi Chiara, 

You are correct!  I think that you nailed the crux of the problem:  Mixed signals Everyone in the book keeps sending out mixed signals.

• Gideon tells Corinne that they can only be friends but he invites her to events and touches her in an intimate way (hand at the small of her back, leans in to her neck to whisper something, etc.).
  • Corinne tells Brett that she doesn't love him anymore but she continues to do things with him (with the exception of when Brett kissed Eva-that wasn't in her control in that Brett grabbed her, physically restrained her and kissed her).

I personally wouldn't have invited Brett to either the restaurant or back up to the apartment.  I think that Eva was anticipating Gideon's presence at the restaurant and that they would go back to her apartment together, but nothing in any of the books ever seems to play out the way one thinks it will go.

I also don't think that Eva should have gone to the Vidal Launch Party with Brett.  The only good thing that Eva did was to take Cary with her.  It definitely would have sent a very clear message to Brett (but Eva ended up regretting that decision, so go figure).  

I know that I have been so surprised by so many things that I just sit back and scratch my head.  I can't figure out where Sylvia is going. I just try to sit back and enjoy the ride.  :) 

Went to school?  When?  If they went as a child it could be anywhere from 1st grade through high school.(6 though 18 if they didn't fail any grades)  After high school it could be AA, BS, Masters, PhD.  (These students could be any age from 18 to death.)  I'm thinking about getting my PhD and I'm 60.  I love learning new things and keep taking classes whether I'm working on a degree or not.

Hi Sharon, 

You are hillarious!  Hey do they have a program in the US that any senior (aged 65 and older in Canada) can attend any University for free (including any University programs)?  Any senior citizen in Canada, who wants to go back and get their degree can do it for free.

A lady in the news a while back, attended University and finally finished her BA (Bachelor of Arts) at the age of 87.  She said that she never finished her education because life got in the way (marriage, children, etc.)I say good for her! :)

I totally agree with you he is in it for the chase and wanting something he can"t have.  Even when Eva told Brett that she loved Gideon it did not matter to him almost made he more determined!!   :)

Hi Barb, 

You make a good point.  Brett does seem to be all about the chase. 

Although all along Eva has been convinced that Brett never had any true feelings for her and that is why she doesn't really understand his motivation now but I'm sure he did have feelings for her because she was so insecure in the past that she never recognized when anyone cared for her as was the case with Gideon in the beginning; Gideon even said that her insecurities blinded her so I really don't think she realizes that she is sending Brett mixed signals because she doesn't think he cares for her...

Good point. 

Totally agree its just a case of you snooze you lose. The simple fact is Brett screwed up 4 years ago; Eva even told Ireland she could have loved him but he was young and so was she ;he wasn't ready for a relationship and she was just getting her head on straight. Yea it would probably have worked out then if she wasn't so broken but she was. Now she is stronger, she is New Eva and she realizes what could have been and even though on some level it makes her sad she is totally in love with Gideon and knows he's the one for her. Brett will just have to realize its not to be and bow out but that doesn't mean he won't always have feelings for her...I think Gideon sees that Brett has true feelings for Eva that's why he keeps an eye on him ...It would help Gideon's case if Brett was involved with SEXTAPEGATE but that remains to be seen.

Good point of you snooze you lose.   

I guess Gideon's nightmares increased because he witnessed/relived his rapes through Nathan's videos of Eva. (You may have discussed in earlier posts.) I think Eva mentioned that the weight of the murder to protect her weighed heavily causing them. Poor guy.

Wow!  Good observation!!  I didn't link Gideon's nightmare's increasing because of having watched the video(s) of Eva being raped.  Your correlation between those two events is very good!

Not me.  If I have to eat crow it will be after I read what happens in San Diego.  I just feel there is something not right about the Brett dynamic.  Performers write songs about people all the time.  I'm not saying that Brett hasn't looked for Eva but maybe it is because she disappeared on him and his ego can't handle it.  This is all I'm saying on Brett for now anyway.

Hi Sharon, 

Forget the "crow pie", my dad makes the most amazing leg of lamb with roast potatoes!  It is absolutely delicious! :D