SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tail that Gideon mentioned in Bared To You, I believe was his security detail.  He took off so suddenly that they didn't keep up with him.  Don't think Anne Lucas is Corinne's Dr.  Gideon would have seen the name on the prescription bottle (even if she used her maiden  name)  Remember Gideon is thorough in knowing things about people.

Any news about snippets showing up for Captivated By You yet?  Not on FB, so I am relying on you guys to let me know when they appear!!

I love this forum...verying interesting reading.

Last week Sylvia said 3 weeks before the snippets come out so I suspect we have until July 16 since Tuesdays are her favorite posting day.

HAH! Just picturing Angus hooking up a baby seat in the back of the Bentley!!

Personally I don't think anything would make Angus happier than doing this.  I cannot tell you how much I love and  respect Angus.  He has been so many different things and played so many different roles in Gideon's and now Eva's life and for him to see his boss and pseudo son happy and being a father...I think that would mean so much to Angus to be there to see another generation of Cross' grow.

Hi Sharon,

What's a little love without a war or too (I am joking here)?   Is her writing any good?  Have you read any of her books?  I have to wonder where these women get their inspiration from?  Where do all these good looking men live?  Postal Code or Zip Code please. :)

I like her writing and I love this series.  I tried to read a book from every author who was going to be at the BookBash.  I didn't know what to expect and there were a lot of writers there that I didn't know since most of my reading time is devoted to mystery series that I love.  The KGI series has both mystery and romance.  I only planned on reading one book but I'm up to 4 in the series and plan to read every one she has out so far. 

I have a couple books by Shayla Black that I have to read too.

Personally I don't think anything would make Angus happier than doing this.  I cannot tell you how much I love and  respect Angus.  He has been so many different things and played so many different roles in Gideon's and now Eva's life and for him to see his boss and pseudo son happy and being a father...I think that would mean so much to Angus to be there to see another generation of Cross' grow.

Hi Fayeth

I couldn't agree with you more. :)

You know what? Let's just have a book with only Gideon, Eva, and Angus!!!

Hi Sharon, 

You are hillarious!  Hey do they have a program in the US that any senior (aged 65 and older in Canada) can attend any University for free (including any University programs)?  Any senior citizen in Canada, who wants to go back and get their degree can do it for free.

A lady in the news a while back, attended University and finally finished her BA (Bachelor of Arts) at the age of 87.  She said that she never finished her education because life got in the way (marriage, children, etc.)I say good for her! :)

Many state colleges and universities offer free tuition to state residents over 65.  We have many seniors who take advantage of the programs.

I keep thinking about Eva and how she appears to be leading Brett on, how wittingly is hard to say for sure. Now I'm thinking she's almost mentally living a parallel life with him. She was so crazy about him back in the day and tried so hard to create a real relationship with him, but he was too immature to handle her or even acknowledge his feelings for her.

I think Eva is so happy and relieved to find Brett now acting towards her the way she wished back then that she has a hard time separating herself from him and making a clean break from her past with him. Some of her actions re Brett are so inappropriate and hurtful to Gideon I can only explain it to myself by thinking she's still a little bit stuck in the past. I mean we know she couldn't be more passionately in love with Gideon, and she's whip smart and perceptive, so that's the only way I can explain it.

Morning Rogue

Sorry to have exasperated you yesterday regarding Brett. I won't do it again. :) he ain't all bad.

I must learn to shut my mouth sometimes. :)

Gets me into trouble. :(

Have a good day

Hi Julie,

No apology necessary. I enjoy the debate here about controversial characters more than anything. And I apologise if I seemed a little exasperated, I think we are all so emotionally invested in these characters its easy to get worked up when debating your point!

Hope you have a great day :)

I keep thinking about Eva and how she appears to be leading Brett on, how wittingly is hard to say for sure. Now I'm thinking she's almost mentally living a parallel life with him. She was so crazy about him back in the day and tried so hard to create a real relationship with him, but he was too immature to handle her or even acknowledge his feelings for her.

I think Eva is so happy and relieved to find Brett now acting towards her the way she wished back then that she has a hard time separating herself from him and making a clean break from her past with him. Some of her actions re Brett are so inappropriate and hurtful to Gideon I can only explain it to myself by thinking she's still a little bit stuck in the past. I mean we know she couldn't be more passionately in love with Gideon, and she's whip smart and perceptive, so that's the only way I can explain it.

Totally agree with you here Nrock.

Personally, I think Eva (and maybe Gideon) are totally to blame for the whole Brett situation. IMO he has done absolutely nothing wrong. All he's doing is pursuing a woman he lost a long time ago and has wanted back ever since.

People's main complaints about him are:

1. Him being overly familiar and a bit crude to Eva too quickly. However every one is quite forgiving of Gideon who did the same thing and with less right IMO.

2. The Golden video - it was embarrassing and uncomfortable for Eva. However it was just a visual representation of the song, as many music videos are. It's not like he filled it with sex scenes & they had nothing to do with anything. The song describes their relationship which was mainly about sex, and Eva had no problem with the song, in fact I think she was flattered by it.

Personally, I think Eva (and maybe Gideon) are totally to blame for the whole Brett situation. IMO he has done absolutely nothing wrong. All he's doing is pursuing a woman he lost a long time ago and has wanted back ever since.

1. Him being overly familiar and a bit crude to Eva too quickly. However every one is quite forgiving of Gideon who did the same thing and with less right IMO.

2. The Golden video - it was embarrassing and uncomfortable for Eva. However it was just a visual representation of the song, as many music videos are. It's not like he filled it with sex scenes & they had nothing to do with anything. The song describes their relationship which was mainly about sex, and Eva had no problem with the song, in fact I think she was flattered by it.

Rogue,

To tell the truth, I feel Brett has behaved in a pretty gentlemanly way given Eva's current actions towards him. (Now I'm ducking to avoid the brickbats and rotten tomatoes that are being thrown at me!) :). And I'm going to be eating a crow the size of a turkey if it turns out he had anything to do with the sex tape.

My DEAREST LADIES,

I Am sorry but have you seen these questions I do have and posted earlier? I really want to know your opinions!

1. First I was astonished that the fact that Gideon killed Nathan didn´t cause more trouble between EVA and Gideon.

I mean okay it´s is sure great that he is out of the way but it was murder and not self-defense. I would have a lot of trouble and guilt if the man who I do love goes and murders someone who is endangering my life.

(For this you must know I´m studies several semester of law and I do value life very much and do think nobody is allowed to kill someone except you are in direct life danger or somebody close to you.)

And why did´nt Gideon told the police about everything, for example? Doesn´t he trust the police system? 

I did thought that the relationsship between them two would  be more complicated by the fact that G murdered N! That Gideon would suffer more, more than just some nightmares. Or maybe there is more to come in book 4????

What do you think? I am very interested to hear your opinions!

Maybe I am alone with this point of view....?

2. Regarding Graves talking to Eva at the end of Book 2 (EWY). Why didn´t Graves followed Eva to her apartment or get Gideon watched after she told Eva all her thoughts regarding the murdering of NATHAN? How could Gideon went to Eva´s apartment unseen? Especially if Graves suspects Gideon?

I am wondering all the time? You too?

I hope you don´t mind that I post these questions again!

You all discussed that Graves didn´t bury the case like she told Eva! I am not certain what I should believe or think regarding her. But for sure we will find out in the next two books ....

I would like to try and answer the first one.  Most women I know who lived through an abusive relationship often thought about killing the abuser.  Eva admitted to these very same thoughts.  Nathan was brutal to her and has held her hostage, even if it was an emotional hostage, all these years.  She was afraid of running into him.  Also, Det. Graves told Eva that Nathan was going to kill her.  Graves knew that from her personal experience with other psychopaths that she has encountered on the job.  

My guess is Gideon also knew that Nathan was going to kill Eva eventually.  He said "the options were restraining orders, increased security, vigilance for the rest of your life.  There was no guarantee you'd be safe unless Nathan was dead."   I have a couple students who had to change there identity to protect themselves from abusers.  Even with restraining orders and identity changes the nut jobs sometimes find them.  I don't blame Gideon for killing Nathan at all. 

I think they both have a problem with what Gideon did but Nathan was going to get Eva and that makes it easier for them.  I know if it was my child I would have killed her abuser and I wouldn't lose a night's sleep over it.  Can you imagine that he not only raped her repeatedly but he took videos and pictures as souvenirs.  A stab to the heart was to easy a death as far as I'm concerned. 

Gideon committed a premeditated murder.  I'm not sure what you want him to share with the police.  The police already have all the facts about Nathan and what good did it do?  He was shopping his videos of the rape for money.  He was stalking Eva and he beat the s*** out of Cary and, most likely would have killed Cary if someone (Clancy) hadn't scared Nathan off.  Gideon did what he had to do to protect the woman he loved. 

I didn't want Gideon to be the killer but it doesn't upset me that he did.  I understand his predicament.  I'm sure there is psychological damage that Gideon has to work through, how can anyone kill another human being and not have emotional issues.  That said, I think he will work through it.

By the way, your English grammar is fine.  I will sometimes go back and read my posts and wonder how I managed to graduate from grade school.  I type and post way to fast.

Hi Nancy and Rogue

I have to say, I wasn't a great fan of Gideon the first time I read the books(1 & 2) I thought he was a right d ouche bag. The way he treated Eva was abysmal. But when the story unfolded at the end of book 2 I succumbed to his charms. Then re reading the books I understood his character more. The same applies now I have read book three. I understand his abuse and behaviour better, even though we still only know a little of what went on. But that doesn't excuse his crude mouth, when he first met Eva. He needed his mouth washed with soap!

Rogue,

To tell the truth, I feel Brett has behaved in a pretty gentlemanly way given Eva's current actions towards him. (Now I'm ducking to avoid the brickbats and rotten tomatoes that are being thrown at me!) :). And I'm going to be eating a crow the size of a turkey if it turns out he had anything to do with the sex tape.

Nancy

I think we are all looking at a portion at some point. Lol :)

Hi Julie,

No apology necessary. I enjoy the debate here about controversial characters more than anything. And I apologise if I seemed a little exasperated, I think we are all so emotionally invested in these characters its easy to get worked up when debating your point!

Hope you have a great day :)

Hi Rogue.

I was always taught at school to see both sides of an argument. I think I got a bit blinkered by Gideons charms!

But I still think Brett knows about the sex tape. I just have a feeling, he's not squeaky clean.

sme, on 04 Jul 2013 - 3:54 PM, said:
Hi Julie,

He did ask her, she was adamant that she never made it, with her knowledge. 

????

I know only he asked Eva afterwards, after he was coming back from Carlifornia. I do mean in the short time Deanna told G about the tape and G was on his way to Carlifornia. That during his travel to California he maybe questions EVA. For maybe just one or two seconds??

Do you understand what I do mean?

I think Gideon was reverting to his standard operating procedures and handling any problem alone.  He should have talked to Eva and it is very possible that he felt she knew about the recording and he wasn't sure how to approach her.  Eva will get him to the point that they work through problems together but it will take more time. 

Julie, 

there are? I´ve learnt the English laws system and the German law system is quite different! Maybe this changed?? Well, I did only studies 2 years and it was long ago! 

I am sorry ...  maybe I am wrong! I did understand - also from an earlier post here - that if Gideon would be declared unguilty in the UNITED STATES thereafter there is no way for a prosecution with new evidences. Once cleared always cleared.

But maybe I am wrong ... !

You aren't entirely wrong there are many differences. 

Our right to bear arms is protected by the constitution.  Many people around the world tend to think it is the cowboy in us I can't say if they are right or wrong.  In my opinion the second amendment gives us more freedom because we can protect our loved ones and property.  It is an issue that is widely debated around the country and I'm don't want to debate it here. 

From what I've seen even countries with strong anti-gun laws still have bad people living there.  Bad people do bad things and the police can't always get where they are needed in time and/or protect all the people all the time.  I think evil is a part of the human condition and as long as we live there will be good and bad and some people are worse than others. 

Hi Sharon

there are more twists and turns than a tornado!

You think you have something Sussed, then it's a 180 degree turn. That's why we love it. Unpredictable.

that is like the spoilers and snapshots for Entwined, we thought we had it all right but were completely wrong in parts

It is funny how I thought the snippets & snapshots were taking me down one road and then all the sudden Sylvia sent us on a hard right  turn that was totally unexpected.  You are right that is why we keep reading.