SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

OK when Monica and Eva are at lunch Monica says to Eva "Maybe you don't  But what about him?" they were discussing secrets which leads me to believe that Monica thinks she knows something about Gideon that maybe Eva doesn't. The only thing I can think of is her knowing about Gideon killing Nathan because what else could she be talking about?

Hi Angelmine, 

Could you tell me what page that was on please?  I just need a frame of reference for the discussion.  Thanks in advance.  :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and good morning dear ladies and gentlemen (who knows??)!

I am from Frankfurt am Main, Germany and I am reading all the books in English. So if I am making grammar mistakes be kind to me! I am here totally new but I have been reading all the 200 something pages since June 4th! AMAZING and helpful to me! 

(By the way this picture is MY EVA!!!)

I was waiting a very long time for my validation like some others and then I thought, well maybe I don´t have anything new to contribute. 

To let you know some of my opinions: 

A. I am not trusting at all Brett! And I am suspecting also he knew about the real sex tapes! And I also do think he is not really in love with Eva because he doesn´t know her. Maybe he is infatuated.

I am asking all the time myself why he thinks he would win Eva over by having sex with her again??? Does he really thinks he is better in bed than Gideon?? That Eva´s sexual needs are not met by Gideon? Is he crazy? Or is he just blinded by his memories with Eva?

B. I don´t like Corinne like most of you! But I am also very jealous that she had Gideon for some time.

C. Regarding Mommika (LOL, so great this nickname!) I also suspect big secrets. Well, Sylvia herself confirms this like someone wrote her. (By the way many thanks to the person who asked all the deep questions to Sylvia!)

D. Regarding Tatiana (oh, I do so hate this woman) - I do not trust her at all and really do also suspects she is not pregnant or Carry is not the father. We will see. It would  be such a pitty for Carry! I don´t want for him to become a father like this. He got enough s*** for a lifetime.

E. Regarding Victor and MOnika cheating. Yes, this is gross but I have it expected somehow! I am thinking it happens like this: Victor meets Monika, starts fighting regarding Nathan with her, Monika throws a fit or maybe both, then she starts crying, he tries to soothe her and takes her in his arms and booommmm .... the sexual tension starts anew and hugging changes in kissing and leads to more ....

F. And all the comments that Monika´s husband is maybe gay, a great idea!

------------------------------------------------

But two things or better development/behaviors I didn´t find covered here!

1. First I was astonished that the fact that Gideon killed Nathan didn´t cause more trouble between EVA and Gideon.

I mean okay it´s is sure great that he is out of the way but it was murder and not self-defense. I would have a lot of trouble and guilt if the man who I do love goes and murders someone who is endangering my life.

(For this you must know I´m studies several semester of law and I do value life very much and do think nobody is allowed to kill someone except you are in direct life danger or somebody close to you.)

And why did´nt Gideon told the police about everything, for example? Doesn´t he trust the police system? 

I did thought that the relationsship between them two would  be more complicated by the fact that G murdered N! That Gideon would suffer more, more than just some nightmares. Or maybe there is more to come in book 4????

What do you think? I am very interested to hear your opinions!

Maybe I am alone with this point of view....?

2. Regarding Graves talking to Eva at the end of Book 2 (EWY). Why didn´t Graves followed Eva to her apartment or get Gideon watched after she told Eva all her thoughts regarding the murdering of NATHAN? How could Gideon went to Eva´s apartment unseen? Especially if Graves suspects Gideon?

I am wondering all the time? You too?

So, this is it! 

Looking very forward to your comments and point of views and answer ... have a nice day so long!!

SME

Hi SME,

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

• I agree with you about Brett; I don’t trust him either.  I hope we get more information on him in the next book.  There are so many unanswered questions about him and many of us want to know.
  • You make a good point about Brett correlating having se* Eva and winning her back.  That seems to be the only thing that man has in his repertoire which is actually kind of sad when you think about it.
  • Try not to be too jealous of Corinne; the lady is locked up in the psychiatric ward of the hospital and is in a lot of deep poo poo. :)
  • I can’t believe that we might have to wait until Book 5 to find out if Cary is the father…augh!! Yuck!!

As for your comments about Gideon having murdered Nathan; I can relate to what you have said.  I too don’t think that Gideon should have murdered Nathan (holy cow did I get a lot of flak for that but that’s ok). 

I think that Gideon was obligated to at least try something else first before resorting to murder.  I also agree with you about the tension and trouble between Eva and Gideon.  I think that although this is a fictional storyline, I believe that many women would have a problem reconciling themselves with their loved ones having committed a murder.  Murder isn’t romantic in reality or in fiction either, but it does happen.

Many have said that Gideon didn’t trust the police or couldn’t trust the police.  They believe that this may have stemmed from the fact that he told his mother about his own abuse when he was younger and he wasn’t believed or helped.  He may also have looked how Nathan was dealt with in Eva’s case and he may have made his own decisions about how that was handled.

SME, you are not alone in your opinions.  I think that sometimes many people are afraid to express their opinions if it doesn’t go with the majority (I could be wrong, it is just what I have seen over the past 7 months).  I stand with you on this.   

As for Detective Graves, I think I may be in the minority here; I don’t think that her storyline is over by a long shot!  I think that she may be biding her time and looking under every single rock and hiding place to find any evidence to break this case wide open.  I don’t think that this is the last that we have seen of Detective Graves. 

Having differing opinions is what makes this forum so lively and interesting and challenging!  It also helps to provide a balanced forum which is critical if theories are to be discussed and decided upon.   What do you think? :)

Hi Michele,

I understood that passage to mean that sometimes Eva is open and vulnerable to Gideon and then when he hurts her, or doesn’t tell her what his plans are and she is cut emotionally, she shuts down and completely blocks Gideon out emotionally.  Does that make sense?  What does everyone think? 

fantastic idea. Can you imagine the silence while we read book 4. It would be unnatural all those women, and no talking. Lol :)

But we would have a good tan. :)

What fun.

it would be fun, I am definitely up for that :)

I'm done with pre-ordering after my experience with EWY. I would have gotten a couple days faster just going to the bookstore.

I will pre-order on my Ipad it downloads quicker then I can wait until it comes in the bookstore :)

I have a feeling that Victor will share some of the conversation with Eva when she comes to San Diego.  If not verbatim at least we might get a synopsis of what transpired. 

Well this stinks.  It is raining here again and I keep losing electricity and the internet.  I think a transformer went out down the street.  Don't they know this is a holiday.  Good thing my Nook is charged and I have plenty of lanterns because we camp often.

I hope you were safe and sound last night with that rain, Kirsten was saying to me last night it was raining round beside her as well :)

Dear American Ladies!

Happy 4th of July to all of you!!!!

To all others, hello again!

I do have more questions. Sylvia mentioned in all her interviews that now with the end of book 3 all the issues of Eva are covered and she is in a good place! Is she really ??

What about these issues ? 

1. The real Sex Tape, the making of it and who did know about it and is it possible to get rid of it totally  ...  

2. Brett pursuing Eva, wants to get together with her again ...

3. Eva´s attraction to Brett and the complications therefore for her and Gideon ...

3. Victor and Monika´s cheating ... it´s is not Eva´s matter but this will still worry/affect her ...

Regarding Gideon, his issue are the following ... ?

1. The murder investigation and all the involved parties ....

2. Corinne jealousy, her prenancy, now over ..

3. Her husband ... his revenge and his emotions regarding Gideon ...

4. The abuse of Gideon and the involved parties (his mother, Mr. Lukas, Christopher) ..

5. Mrs. Lukas ...

6. Reporter Deanna, her real motives ( I suggest she wants to destroy Gideon somehow!) ...

7. The relationsship between Gideon and his mum ...

8. The relationsship between Gideon and his half-brother Christopher ...

Anything else??

Waiting for your answers ..... 

SME

Hi SME,

I read your posting and I had a few thoughts:

• As far as the se*tape is concerned; the only harm that the release of it can go is embarrass Eva and Gideon.  I don’t think that other than a little mudslinging it can harm them.
  • Some of the forum members have said that it would be extremely difficult if Gideon saw the se* tape and as such it would keep eating away at his insecurities, but I say that he and Eva are married and as such Gideon is the ultimate winner out of the two.  Brett lost.
  • I think that they could overcome the tape.  Gideon would have gotten a good idea about what was on that tape from the Vidal Launch Party and I am sure that he wasn’t thrilled about it, but he got passed it and Gideon and Eva got married (Just my opinion, I could be wrong though).
  • Sylvia mentioned something along the lines that Eva is playing with fire when it comes to Brett.   I hope that Eva kicks Brett to the curb as quickly as possible.  I really can’t see this storyline progressing much further, because Eva is married and Sylvia said that Eva and Gideon wouldn’t cheat….so where else is there to go with the storyline? 
  • I myself would like to know why Monica and Victor cheated.  I think that it would add a lot to the storyline.  I also want to know why Monica does what she does.  She keeps making huge mistakes with her daughter and it is so frustrating as a reader!  Grrr!!! :)

As for the rest of the questions; I have to think about them a little more.  You have given me a lot to think about.  Thank you.  :)  I look forward to the discussions. :)

Hi everyone I have to say that last nite I enjoyed my 3rd of July very much , I had 3 glasses of Cranberry and Crossfire so my 4th of July celebration is off to a great start!! And yes I did have to stop and think before I ordered so I wouldn't say Crossfire but it was actually Absolut Vodka that they used !! LOL. :) :)

Hi Sscrph, 

Another forum member suggested strawberries and vodka.  I suggest a little muddling of the strawberries with a little simple syrup...delicious!! :) :)

You are too hillarious!  Who knows, with all the members on this forum, I am sure there will be a "Crossfire" Vodka soon enough! :D

I have to ask.

Could Eva sue Sam for invasion of her privacy regarding the sextape? Any lawyers here able to shed any light? 

My understanding is that Eva could sue for invasion of privacy.  She had no idea that she was being taped when she and Brett were intimate.  What I wonder is if criminal charges could be layed against someone who invades the privacy of another person.  I defer to the expert for the final verdict.

Ughh ladies, I think I may be the only one who have a tiny bit of a problem with this whole Henry and Kaley thing... I love that they are together but what's with all the pictures?!? It screams publicity stunt, yes I know he was just in a huge movie and becoming a household name meaning the paps are gonna be all over him but there are ways of being a more private couple!! Just saying....

Or maybe I'm just pea green with envy... LOL but no my opinion stands apart from the jealousy!! :D

Hi Claudine, 

This couple is damned if they do and damned if they don't.  It is hollywood afterall.  I hope that they are very happy together and that you find someone just as handsome and wonderful for you too! :D

Scottish Phrases from Angus, ones I like anyway

May the best ye've ever seen
Be the warst ye'll ever see.
May the moose ne'er lea' yer aumrie

Wi' a tear-drap in his e'e.
May ye aye keep hail an' hertie

Till ye're auld eneuch tae dee.
May ye aye be jist as happy
As we wiss ye noo tae be.
 Translation:-

May the best you've ever seen
Be the worst you'll ever see.
May the mouse never leave your pantry
With a tear-drop in his eye.
May you always keep healthy and hearty
Until you're old enough to die.
May you always be just as happy
As we wish you now to be.

Where'er ye bide in the world sae wide,
We wish ye a neuk on the sunny side,
Wi' muckle o' love and little o' care,
A wee bit pursie wi' siller to spare,
Yer ain wee ingle when day is spent,
In a wee bit housie wi' hearts content.
 - Translation

Wherever you live in the world so wide,
We wish you a nook on the sunny side,
With much love and little care,
A little purse with money to spare,
Your own little hearth when day is spent,
In a little house with hearts content.

Ok Claudine,

Martys off the hook it's Michael.

Just got to the bit in the book where Megumi has just had a last nooner with Michael, before dumping him.

She said "he just acted all hurt about it, like I'd used him for sex. I figured he wouldn't have a problem with a no-strings.-attached nooner."

Michael is responsible for Megumis absence. Possible Lacey's too. The girls rejection of him being the trigger.

Hi Julie, 

Do you think that maybe Michael got upset about being used for one last fling?  Could it be that act that caused Michael to snap and beat up Megumi (assuming that Megumi has been beaten up and is avoidng people)?  What do you think?

Scottish Phrases from Angus, ones I like anyway

May the best ye've ever seen

Be the warst ye'll ever see.

May the moose ne'er lea' yer aumrie

Wi' a tear-drap in his e'e.

May ye aye keep hail an' hertie

Till ye're auld eneuch tae dee.

May ye aye be jist as happy

As we wiss ye noo tae be. Translation:-

May the best you've ever seen

Be the worst you'll ever see.

May the mouse never leave your pantry

With a tear-drop in his eye.

May you always keep healthy and hearty

Until you're old enough to die.

May you always be just as happy

As we wish you now to be.

Where'er ye bide in the world sae wide,

We wish ye a neuk on the sunny side,

Wi' muckle o' love and little o' care,

A wee bit pursie wi' siller to spare,

Yer ain wee ingle when day is spent,

In a wee bit housie wi' hearts content. - Translation

Wherever you live in the world so wide,

We wish you a nook on the sunny side,

With much love and little care,

A little purse with money to spare,

Your own little hearth when day is spent,

In a little house with hearts content.

It is a lovely saying.  I seen snippets of it in greeting cards and poems and such.  It is nice to have the entire saying. :) 

DEAR GIGI!

I DID answer in bold letter in your text! Hope you can see it!

It is so great that you took your time to answer so lengthily to my questions which me has kept me busy since reading the end of the second book!

A smile to you! 

SME

Dear SME, 

I think you will do just fine in this forum. :)  My only suggestion to you is to always listen to your inner voice.  You know yourself best.  How you read the material is in no more or less correct than anyone else.  In that way you will always be able to stand with your convictions with ease.

I look forward to having many lively debates!  It is going to be so much fun! :)  Buon weekend! :)