SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ladies

I have borrowed Gideons plane and I am flying us all to the Windward Islands this weekend. As a celebration of my 3,000th post.

Claude will arrange transport from the airport. So if you can make sure your passports are up to date. Pack those bikinis, sun hats and tanning lotion.

A cabana, Kingsman and cranberry awaits your arrival! Don't forget a good book!

:D

Well aren't you a chatty lady!  I'm all for a trip to the islands.  I can be packed and ready to go in a minute.  I have books.  Have Nook will travel.  airplane-emoticon-jet.gif

Fayeth, I'm a little concerned about all this crushing on Angus. I put in a claim for him not long after I joined this forum. Surely there are plenty of younger guys you can hit on - Daniel, Arnoldo, Cary, etc. Besides, I know what he said to Gideon after the vows. :)

Nrock, I am just trying to give him the credit he deserves, I promise to back off your man though.  As long as I know you properly appreciate him, he is yours :)

I am glad that you are not offended SHARONM!

I do also really like to debate ... I had training from my youth with my dad. Yeah, and in person it is better! I know exactely what you mean!!!  I can also become very passionate regarding my point of view and sometimes the other side is not amused how deeply passionate I can turn.

Regarding your GERMAN ancestors .. how interesting is this and how sad it is that the second time you doesn´t come to Germany. But maybe some day ...?

For me it interesting because we - my sister and I  - found out that our real grandmother died one year ago and was burried in the UNITED STATES and that we have probably relatives in the STATES! My dad started communicating with the children and they all are trying to find out if this grandmother (she was German and married as second husband an AMERICAN) is our real carnal ancestor. My grandmother has several children besides my mum and there are grandsons and granddaughter and most of them live in the STATES.

My mother was adopted and we always knew or suspects that her real father is from a foreign country and the little we know is that the grandmother (the mother of my mum) emigrated to USA. 

So, it is not so easy to find all the informations! 

So, to our ancestors ...!!!

What a coincidence.  It is hard to find if you don't have a lot of information.  We know our family came her in the 1700s.  We have discharge papers from the Revolutionary War and the Civil War so we had a lot of information before we even started.  It is fun and a time consuming hobby but we have found some real scoundrels and royalty in our blood line.  I guess that explains a lot about us. 

Will we ever find out about this conversation between V and G??? Would be so great!

I have a feeling that Victor will share some of the conversation with Eva when she comes to San Diego.  If not verbatim at least we might get a synopsis of what transpired. 

Well this stinks.  It is raining here again and I keep losing electricity and the internet.  I think a transformer went out down the street.  Don't they know this is a holiday.  Good thing my Nook is charged and I have plenty of lanterns because we camp often.

Fayeth, I'm a little concerned about all this crushing on Angus. I put in a claim for him not long after I joined this forum. Surely there are plenty of younger guys you can hit on - Daniel, Arnoldo, Cary, etc. Besides, I know what he said to Gideon after the vows. :)

You do?  What do you think he said?  I know what I think.

Thank you.

Wouldn't it be great if it were real. We would have such a laugh. Debating on the beach.

I do tend to talk too much. My daughter tells me constantly, to be quiet. Lol :D

I talk to much too and hear about from my kids all the time.  If I'm talking too much they ask "Mom don't you have a book to read?" 

YES! FOR SURE SYLVIA is coming, too! And then we are speculating about book 4 and 5 and afterwards we all there are getting an Advanced Copy of book 4! LOL!

If Sylvia came along, we could hold her hostage until she answered all our questions.  Doesn't she know that spoilers won't keep us away from reading the book?

Is there a book in this series already out? The snippet sounds like its a continuation of an earlier story.

HI,

No I think is a new book, Afterburn in August and there is a second Aftershock in Nov.  They are in her 'Coming Soon' section of her website.  Looks like only those 2 

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

"A braw lass for a braw lad."

I like yours much better. 

I was thinking  --

"A thousand welcomes to you with your marriage kerchief,

May you be healthy all your days.

May you be blessed with long life and peace,

May you grow old with goodness, and with riches."

I don't know the Gaelic but it was a prayer said at my friend's daughter's wedding.

I would like to try and answer the first one.  Most women I know who lived through an abusive relationship often thought about killing the abuser.  Eva admitted to these very same thoughts.  Nathan was brutal to her and has held her hostage, even if it was an emotional hostage, all these years.  She was afraid of running into him.  Also, Det. Graves told Eva that Nathan was going to kill her.  Graves knew that from her personal experience with other psychopaths that she has encountered on the job.  

My guess is Gideon also knew that Nathan was going to kill Eva eventually.  He said "the options were restraining orders, increased security, vigilance for the rest of your life.  There was no guarantee you'd be safe unless Nathan was dead."   I have a couple students who had to change there identity to protect themselves from abusers.  Even with restraining orders and identity changes the nut jobs sometimes find them.  I don't blame Gideon for killing Nathan at all. 

I think they both have a problem with what Gideon did but Nathan was going to get Eva and that makes it easier for them.  I know if it was my child I would have killed her abuser and I wouldn't lose a night's sleep over it.  Can you imagine that he not only raped her repeatedly but he took videos and pictures as souvenirs.  A stab to the heart was to easy a death as far as I'm concerned. 

Gideon committed a premeditated murder.  I'm not sure what you want him to share with the police.  The police already have all the facts about Nathan and what good did it do?  He was shopping his videos of the rape for money.  He was stalking Eva and he beat the s*** out of Cary and, most likely would have killed Cary if someone (Clancy) hadn't scared Nathan off.  Gideon did what he had to do to protect the woman he loved. 

I didn't want Gideon to be the killer but it doesn't upset me that he did.  I understand his predicament.  I'm sure there is psychological damage that Gideon has to work through, how can anyone kill another human being and not have emotional issues.  That said, I think he will work through it.

By the way, your English grammar is fine.  I will sometimes go back and read my posts and wonder how I managed to graduate from grade school.  I type and post way to fast.

Well if it came down to it Gideon would just have to prove justification. That would be his defense. As a sexual abuse survivor myself I know that I would love the man even more if he killed my abuser. It is scary having to look over my shoulder all the time and with Graves telling her that at some point Nathan was going to kill her it made it all the more better that he was dead. Can't remember who said it but if Gideon wouldn't have killed him then Victor would have because he(Victor) was going to find out eventually and there is nothing in this world that would have been able to save Nathan from Victor.

OK when Monica and Eva are at lunch Monica says to Eva "Maybe you don't  But what about him?" they were discussing secrets which leads me to believe that Monica thinks she knows something about Gideon that maybe Eva doesn't. The only thing I can think of is her knowing about Gideon killing Nathan because what else could she be talking about?

Krav Maga: Eva already has used her new training . . . against Gideon!  She used some of the techniques she was taught, but the first and most useful lesson was how to react in case of attack.  The second time she found herself caught in Gideon's nightmare, she did not freeze.  She reacted quickly and effectively to remove herself from the situation.  I think her increasing skills with krav maga will give Eva greater confidence (which she needs).  And, perhaps, it will also give Gideon confidence that she can handle herself.

I've often worried about how Gideon can never talk to anyone (except Eva and vice versa) about Nathan.  It seems to me that he needs professional help with his "atypical sexual parasomnia," but not being able to confide in his therapist about one source of his problems could be a huge block.  A scenario that occurs to me: Graves told Eva what she suspected Gideon did to encourage them to get back together and relax their guard so that the police/prosecutors could go after Gideon.  A case against Gideon might depend heavily on Eva's testimony since there's reasonable doubt (the bracelet) and very little physical evidence (apparently).  But Eva can't be compelled to testify against her husband, which brings in the secret marriage plot point.  Bonus.  Once Gideon's been found not guilty of Nathan Barker's murder, he can't be tried for the same crime again (double jeapordy).  Perhaps then he could talk safely with his psychiatrist about Nathan without worrying about the doctor reporting his knowledge of the crime to authorities.

Well aren't you a chatty lady!  I'm all for a trip to the islands.  I can be packed and ready to go in a minute.  I have books.  Have Nook will travel.  airplane-emoticon-jet.gif

Ha!

Thank you Sharon

Yes I have been told I talk a lot.

Love the happy face on Gideons plane! :)

Have a good day.:)

OK when Monica and Eva are at lunch Monica says to Eva "Maybe you don't But what about him?" they were discussing secrets which leads me to believe that Monica thinks she knows something about Gideon that maybe Eva doesn't. The only thing I can think of is her knowing about Gideon killing Nathan because what else could she be talking about?

Hi Angelmine

You are a very brave woman. Big hug from the UK.

And yes, if Gideon hadn't killed Nathan Victor would have. What we wouldn't do to protect our children.

Your right about Monica and her comment to Eva about Gideons secret. I posted this a while back on the chapter a day posting.

I think Monica knows what Gideon did, because I think she went to pay Nathan off the night he died, and saw him(Gideon)coming into the building after she had paid Nathan. Watched what he had done and realising what had happened, Monica rang Clancy (he may have already been outside, because he had been keeping tabs on Nathan)to help. Knowing Gideon killed Nathan to protect Eva. Clancy removed the bracelet and photos. (To be placed on Yedemskys dead body, care of his brother, in the FBI)I think Clancy went above and beyond the all of duty to protect the Stanton's. The money was left in the apartment, because there is no law to say you can't pay someone off. That's why the police have been all over the Stanton's, because of the money trail.

I know it's far fetched. That's all I got. Lol

hi Gigi

I will admit to being a bit flippant in my remarks regarding confronting Corinne.

I don't think for one moment Eva would have a cat fight with Corinne. Corinne is spiteful and devious, she was cruel from day one of meeting Eva. Once Gideon explained Eva's insecurities to her, she used them against Eva. Corinne played dirty. I'm sure she knew she was pregnant, and had a plan hatched to trap Gideon at Eva's expense. She didn't care about Eva's mental health, knowing of her issues. Corinne had a chance with Gideon, many years back. He didn't want her then, what did she think had changed? Only book 4 and 5 will tell us.

Hi Julie,

I wasn’t concerned at all; I was responding to an interesting posting.  It’s all good.  :)

You are absolutely correct, the next two books will tell us what kind of person Corinne is.  I hope the books come sooner rather than later.  Have a great day! :)

Well if it came down to it Gideon would just have to prove justification. That would be his defense. As a sexual abuse survivor myself I know that I would love the man even more if he killed my abuser. It is scary having to look over my shoulder all the time and with Graves telling her that at some point Nathan was going to kill her it made it all the more better that he was dead. Can't remember who said it but if Gideon wouldn't have killed him then Victor would have because he(Victor) was going to find out eventually and there is nothing in this world that would have been able to save Nathan from Victor.

Hi Angelmine, 

Thank you for sharing a part of your story.  It is incredibly brave of you to do so and I stand and applaude you as a woman and a fellow human being.  :)   It is unfortunate that the legal system hasn't caught up with protecting children/women/adults from se*ual abusers.   It is disgusting!   

It is unfortunate (however) that Gideon wouldn't be able to use a "Justifiable Homicide" as his defense.  He planned Nathan's murder for at least a week and under the law, what Gideon did wouldn't qualify as justifiable homicide.  I am sure that we would all love it if he could, but legally he couldn't.  Gideon would have to find another defense.

This has been a hotly debated topic in this forum.  We have legal experts (including lawyers) who have confirmed that what Gideon did wouldn't qualify as a Justifiable Homicide.  Everyone has their own theory on this and that's cool, but from an actual fact, court of law (in reality) that theory isn't viable.

I agree with you completely.  I think that if Victor found out about Eva's abuse before Nathan's death, it wouldn't have been too long before Nathan would have been killed.  I couldn't see Victor just sitting back and doing nothing about the wrong that was done to his daughter. 

I am sending blessings your way and wish you a buon weekend.  Thank you for sharing your story.