SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

DEAR GIGI!

I DID answer in bold letter in your text! Hope you can see it!

It is so great that you took your time to answer so lengthily to my questions which me has kept me busy since reading the end of the second book!

A smile to you! 

SME

Hi SME, 

Remind me to tell you sometime about when a colleague and I lived along the border of Germany.  We went in to a bakeshop to purchase baked bread but we ended up getting insulted and thrown out of the bakery.  Unfortunately our German wasn't too good and we accidentally asked for "condoms"...sigh!  There's more to the story but it was very funny none the less.    :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Marty is a good guy.  We don't have a lot of information on him yet but he had to sense Gideon's ire when he was dancing with Eva.  Marty was very polite and basically invited Gideon to family gatherings.  Also, at the night club he connected with Lacey and it grew to more than a one night stand.  That said I'm not surprised with the twists and turns in this series.

I agree with your position Sharon.  I hope Marty turns out to be a really nice guy. :) 

I like her writing and I love this series.  I tried to read a book from every author who was going to be at the BookBash.  I didn't know what to expect and there were a lot of writers there that I didn't know since most of my reading time is devoted to mystery series that I love.  The KGI series has both mystery and romance.  I only planned on reading one book but I'm up to 4 in the series and plan to read every one she has out so far. 

I have a couple books by Shayla Black that I have to read too.

Hi Sharon, 

You did a great thing; you prepared yourself!  Good for you!  I personally haven't read the KGI series by Maya Banks.  I did read two books from Shayla Black's Wicked Lovers Series and I found it a little hard core for my taste.  Where she makes up for this is in her fantastic ability to write a great mystery!!  She can really keep the reader engaged most of the time. 

I might check out Maya Banks but I think I'll go to a bookstore and see if her writing style is for me.  Which books from Shayla do you have if I may ask?  Is it from her Wicked Lovers Series? 

I hope you have a great weekend Sharon.  :)

HI Fayeth,

I agree with you.  I think that Angus and everyone else would be thrilled beyond belief to have a little Cross Baby in the family.  Angus loves Eva and knows that she is good for him, so it could only be good all around!  :)

L. O. L. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god! 

YES, I do need the whole story sometime! Would be fun ...

Here in FRANKFURT we are very international. People from almost every country of the world are living here or coming to this town to work, for a short or a longer time. So the local people are very willing to speak in English and mostly are able to. In Munich - for example - where I did grew up during my teens and where my parents and my sister live - there is no such understanding in general. People are much more ignorant and narrow-minded! And often not able to speak in another language!

L. O. L. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god! 

YES, I do need the whole story sometime! Would be fun ...

Here in FRANKFURT we are very international. People from almost every country of the world are living here or coming to this town to work, for a short or a longer time. So the local people are very willing to speak in English and mostly are able to. In Munich - for example - where I did grew up during my teens and where my parents and my sister live - there is no such understanding in general. People are much more ignorant and narrow-minded! And often not able to speak in another language!

Also remind me to tell you about the sitz...futz...platz...sigh!  You will roar with laughter!

OH, what a lovely poem! And with translation! Toll means super in German!

But what means from ANGUS? A famous ANGUS or the ANGUS from Crossfire ..... who would use them if he could???

because we don't know what Angus said in his broad scottish accent, I thought I would suggest a couple of poems he may have said to Gideon at the wedding :)

I would like to try and answer the first one.  Most women I know who lived through an abusive relationship often thought about killing the abuser.  Eva admitted to these very same thoughts.  Nathan was brutal to her and has held her hostage, even if it was an emotional hostage, all these years.  She was afraid of running into him.  Also, Det. Graves told Eva that Nathan was going to kill her.  Graves knew that from her personal experience with other psychopaths that she has encountered on the job.  

My guess is Gideon also knew that Nathan was going to kill Eva eventually.  He said "the options were restraining orders, increased security, vigilance for the rest of your life.  There was no guarantee you'd be safe unless Nathan was dead."   I have a couple students who had to change there identity to protect themselves from abusers.  Even with restraining orders and identity changes the nut jobs sometimes find them.  I don't blame Gideon for killing Nathan at all. 

I think they both have a problem with what Gideon did but Nathan was going to get Eva and that makes it easier for them.  I know if it was my child I would have killed her abuser and I wouldn't lose a night's sleep over it.  Can you imagine that he not only raped her repeatedly but he took videos and pictures as souvenirs.  A stab to the heart was to easy a death as far as I'm concerned. 

Gideon committed a premeditated murder.  I'm not sure what you want him to share with the police.  The police already have all the facts about Nathan and what good did it do?  He was shopping his videos of the rape for money.  He was stalking Eva and he beat the s*** out of Cary and, most likely would have killed Cary if someone (Clancy) hadn't scared Nathan off.  Gideon did what he had to do to protect the woman he loved. 

I didn't want Gideon to be the killer but it doesn't upset me that he did.  I understand his predicament.  I'm sure there is psychological damage that Gideon has to work through, how can anyone kill another human being and not have emotional issues.  That said, I think he will work through it.

By the way, your English grammar is fine.  I will sometimes go back and read my posts and wonder how I managed to graduate from grade school.  I type and post way to fast.

Hi Sharon, 

Your argument is compelling and in many ways true.  Anyway you slice this pie, it just stinks!!

Hi Rogue,

I read your posting and I agree with you in that Brett isn’t to blame for anything that he has done since the kiss.  Eva has been stringing him along.  It is just my personal opinion that she is using him to keep the police at bay, but one never knows with these books. 

I think that although Eva may have liked the song, I think she may have wanted to crawl under a rock when she saw that video.  That video represented a time in her past that she wasn’t proud of. 

Brett and Eva’s relationship was only about se* and nothing else which is really sad in a way.  I will concede that maybe Brett didn’t have any other way to connect with Eva but I would have hoped that he would have matured over the past several years.  What do you think? 

Hi Nancy,

You make an interesting argument about Eva living a parallel life with Brett.  In a way maybe she is trying to relive the good parts of her youth.  It doesn’t seem like had many positive aspects. 

You make another good point; it could be that Eva is stuck in her past.  Her future is incredibly bright but that can be overwhelming to some people.

Hi Rogue,

I read your posting and I agree with you in that Brett isn’t to blame for anything that he has done since the kiss. Eva has been stringing him along. It is just my personal opinion that she is using him to keep the police at bay, but one never knows with these books.

I think that although Eva may have liked the song, I think she may have wanted to crawl under a rock when she saw that video. That video represented a time in her past that she wasn’t proud of.

Brett and Eva’s relationship was only about se* and nothing else which is really sad in a way. I will concede that maybe Brett didn’t have any other way to connect with Eva but I would have hoped that he would have matured over the past several years. What do you think?

Hi Gigi,

I agree and I can understand why she would be embarrassed by the video. But I don't think that was Brett's intention when he made it. He has no way of knowing that Eva is ashamed or embarrassed by that part of her past - she's never told him.

My point is though that I think Brett has matured and wants more than just sex this time. Ok he made a couple of crude and inappropriate comments but that was hardly all he said.

He said he wanted to make a proper go of things with Eva and even suggested how they might make it work given that they live in different cities and he's on tour. I think this shows that he has spent quite a lot of time thinking about what went wrong before and how to correct those mistakes this time. That sex isn't all he wants this time, though I don't believe it was all he ever wanted before. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Hi Sharon,

I think that good and bad people live everywhere.  Some good people have guns and some bad people have guns.  Some good people don’t have guns and some bad people don’t have guns (they go looking for other weapons).  Anyway you cut it, there are both good and bad people who do and do not have guns. 

Hi Sharon,

I think you are correct, Gideon still operates as a single man and not a married man that needs to talk with his partner about what is going on in his/her life.  I think that this issue will resolve with time and patience.  What do you think?