SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hey ladies

Amazon seem to be selling Afterburn and Aftershock as one book due out in November over here. Not singularly. Our other main book store Waterstones hasn't got it on their web page yet. How is it being marketed in the USA please?

Hi Julie, 

I checked out Amazon as well and there isn't a listing for any of Sylvia's new books coming out any earlier than Novemember.  So that is what confuses me.  Why hasn't the book that is supposed to be released for August 15th on Amazon's radar?  It doesn't make sense? 

Have any of the other ladies noticed where the books are being sold online earlier than this?  Any information that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Julie, 

Sylvia herself announced that the e-books one comes first and then later the printed book with the two stories! There will be no paperback version of part 1 and 2 of afterburn/aftershock mini-series!

NO printed version?  I am so disgruntled!  Grrr!   I only read my books in printed format.  Sigh!  Maybe she will print the books later on.  :)

Is there already a thread for Other Books?  If not, there should be!  I'll never find all the great recommendations for authors/series/books again when I'm ready to shop for new books.  This thread is fabulous, but too long to easily search through!  :)

Sarah,

When I first joined the forum in May, I started a thread called Books as Good as the Crossfire Series. There were only a few replies, so the thread is on the second page of the section listing the crossfire threads. You might check for what is listed. I wish I had thought to add to it when people gave a suggestion. Maybe we can start it up again. Sounds like we can definitely add Afterburn and Aftershock. In the future.

I have seen a few posts in the past few days about Martin (Marty) and Michael and wondering if the two are one in the same.  I think it is pretty safe to say that they are not. 

However the question that I want to ask is...do you think that Michael is a new character in the book or do you think that he is something that we have previously been introduced to, as either someone nameless or someone we have been introduced to as a different name? 

There is one character that we know very little about and I would be interested in learning more about and that is Gideon's assistant Scott.  He seems like a really great person and assistant, but I feel like I would like to know more about him. 

Also, are we all convinced that something "bad" has happened to Megumi and that she is not sick?  If so, are we convinced that it is of Michael's doing?

Hi Gigi,

Totally get where ypu are coming from and agree that with fame comes a greater disrespect for women or so it seems.

However I would question just how famous Brett was back then... it is only now 4 years later that they have been signed and are starting to find real fame. So I'm just not sure this applies to Brett in the way it would to someone who was truly famous. Back then he was probably at best a local celebrity.

My ex was the lead singer of a very well known local band and yes there were even groupies, but at that level (which they never got beyond) they were not disrespecting women in the way you describe. Sure the groupies threw themselves at band members and some of them took advantage of that, but I spent alot of time around all of these guys and I never once heard them speak to a woman (groupie or otherwise) in any sort of derogatory way. When it was just the band they'd have talked about sex like boys do but it was no different to any other guys I've known.

Now I assume their level of fame to be similar to Brett's back when he first knew Eva, which is why I'm thinking he was just a boy being a boy and not such a toad. But as I said thats an assumption I could be wrong

Have a fantastic weekend :)

Hi Rogue,

I was thinking about the whole Brett thing today and you make a valid point (well actually several valid points :)).  At the end of the day, I am just a girl and not a guy so I won’t ever really know what it is like to be a guy. 

It could be that Brett is just really a ding dong and was expressing his interest in Eva.  I don’t know, but I hope that we get clarification on this subject sooner rather than later.  :)

I just keep thinking about your analogy about Brett being a toad.  Let’s hope someone else kisses him and he turns into a prince!  I have a feeling if Eva kisses him, she may just wind up with warts on her lips.  :D

Thank you for the weekend wishes.  :)

I have seen a few posts in the past few days about Martin (Marty) and Michael and wondering if the two are one in the same.  I think it is pretty safe to say that they are not. 

However the question that I want to ask is...do you think that Michael is a new character in the book or do you think that he is something that we have previously been introduced to, as either someone nameless or someone we have been introduced to as a different name? 

There is one character that we know very little about and I would be interested in learning more about and that is Gideon's assistant Scott.  He seems like a really great person and assistant, but I feel like I would like to know more about him. 

Also, are we all convinced that something "bad" has happened to Megumi and that she is not sick?  If so, are we convinced that it is of Michael's doing?

They are two different characters. Lacey first had a blind date with Michael and passed him off to Megumi. Martin is Eva's sort of step cousin. He and Lacey were introduced by eva at the club Primal and have started seeing each other. "Dabbling" as Martin described it. Lacey links the two men.

Hi Fayeth, 

I agree with you.  I don't think that Martin and Michael are the same.  Eva knows Martin (he is indirect family) so she has been around him in the past.  Eva has a pretty good gut instinct and as such if Martin wasn't a nice guy she would have gotten a feeling about him. I also don't think that she would have introduced him to her friend's friend (just my opinion).

As for Megumi, I think that something isn't right with that situation.  I am suspicious because no one has spoken to her other than the HR Department.  We haven't been introduced to Daphne (is it?) and as such we can't assess whether Megumi is actually sick or whether something more is going on. 

The other thing that made me suspicious is the fact that Eva left a messages for Megumi and thus far, neither Megumi nor Lacey have returned her calls.  Asides from that I have no idea what has happened.  I could potentially see something being written for the next book but as to what that is, I have no idea. 

I think that there are several other characters that Sylvia could develop successfully and we would probably love them too.  I hope you have a great weekend!  :)

Hi GiGi,

Thank you and I thought about it and yes it was premeditated so therefore justifiable homicide does go out the window. I was on my way to sleep when this occurred to me. I myself am in a pre-law/paralegal courses at our local community college. So I really should have known better. Was thinking of how to get our man off without really thinking it through. but thank you for pointing it out.

Thank you for the Blessings sending them back your way and wish you a buon weekend also :laughingsmiley:

Hi Angelmine, 

This is the one time in life that I wish someone could wave a "magic wand" and that pedophiles could always be found guilty in a court of law.  Then they could be locked up forever and life could go on safely for the survivors of these villains!

I have no idea how Sylvia is going to wrap up the Nathan murder storyline.  Just when I thought that something was going to happen, Sylvia threw in a Russian Mob twist.  I am still scratching my head over that.

I don't think that that storyline will play out much longer though.  Many have pointed out that this is a love story (it is just sad that this story includes such traumatic side stories).  I think that you might be able to come up with a few great ideas about how Gideon might get out of this "pickle".  I am sure that in the course of your studies, you might just see some really strange legal cases.:)

I look forward to hearing all of your theories and ideas!  It will add to an already lively form!  Thank you for your weekend wishes.  :)

I was just wondering. Does anyone think Monica may need the divorce lawyer, whose ad campaign, Eva and Mark are working on?

Do you think Monica and Victor will get back together? Whatever this thing is that Monica is keeping secret,it involves Victor. Come on girls, get those thinking caps on! What could it be? :)

Hi Julie, 

Good question.  I wonder if Monica's marriage willl survive her infidelity too.  I also wonder if Stanton will find out about her affair independently or whether Monica will confess.  Questions, questions, questions...:)

Sarah,

When I first joined the forum in May, I started a thread called Books as Good as the Crossfire Series. There were only a few replies, so the thread is on the second page of the section listing the crossfire threads. You might check for what is listed. I wish I had thought to add to it when people gave a suggestion. Maybe we can start it up again. Sounds like we can definitely add Afterburn and Aftershock. In the future.

Thank you!  There have been a lot of interesting suggestions over the past several pages of this thread; I'll have to go through and copy them over sometime.  :)

Thank you!  There have been a lot of interesting suggestions over the past several pages of this thread; I'll have to go through and copy them over sometime.  :)

Sarah,

Here is some of the post that I have been keeping on a word document when people would suggest things.  Hope it helps...

I'm currently re-reading the JD Robb series and its also very good.Its really helped with the book hangover from both Reflected and Entwined .There are 40 plus books so it does keep you going .The other series I think is good is the Bronze Horseman Trilogy by Paulina Simmons it takes you through all the emotions

Maya Banks KGI series is great.  It is about 6 Kelly brothers who have a security firm (high tech) and go on missions for the CIA.  There is always love and romance found along the way. 

I've just finished #1 & 2 in Maya Banks' Breathless Trilogy. Not bad. I'll definitely check out the KGI series. Beth Kery is pretty good-a little BDSM. I'm curious to read some of Raine Miller and Gail McHugh's works. Also been reading more of Sylvia's stuff. BTY was my first SD book. I really like her writing.

Raine Miller is good

I have read both of the MB Breathless books and CANNOT wait for the 3rd book.  J. Kenner's series is great.  I really love Raine Miller's Blackstone series.  She is a great author, at least I think so and she loves her fans.  There are a lot of great authors right now writing all different types of romance novels/series.

I have also read the Outlander series from Diana Gabaldon (who funnily enough looks a little like Sylvia Day) - or should I say I'm still reading it as the 8th book is due out in December. I love these books - can't wait for Jamie and Claire's story to continue!! I feel like I'm waiting for the next book all over the place - and I am not a patient person!! 

Hi SME,

I have also read the Outlander series from Diana Gabaldon (who funnily enough looks a little like Sylvia Day) - or should I say I'm still reading it as the 8th book is due out in December. I love these books - can't wait for Jamie and Claire's story to continue!! I feel like I'm waiting for the next book all over the place - and I am not a patient person!!

I've heard a lot of good things about this series ,i've been thinking of starting just the size of each book is intimidating.

Hi GiGi,

Thanks for replying to my post - you really are very thorough!! The problem is, I think she invited Brett up without having seen Deanna: "I invited Brett up, because I couldn't see any way to avoid it that wasn't rude." Like, hello? How about "Thanks for dinner, don't call me, I'll call you", or "See you in my next life?"  But inviting him up was ASKING for trouble. She would have FREAKED if Gideon had asked Corinne up to his empty apartment. She had already made it clear to Brett that she loved Gideon - what on earth was he meant to think when she invites him up. No wonder the guy doesn't give up.

she said to herself when she was going down the hall to the apt passed Gideon's door. page 247..

hating that I had to walk by Gideon's to get there, Had he felt like this when he he'd spent time with Corinne? Weighted with guilt and worry?

I feel like you guys aren't giving her enough credit

Dear Sharon and Gigi!

Just wanted to say I´ve read two new books of Maya Cross herself which I did enjoy! FEVER and RUSH. With the KG Series I do not have any experience! Even though I do like the writing style of her a lot  (there I do agress with you, Sharon)  the sex scenes are sometimes very hard for me to digest!  So I stopped reading any further books of her. But maybe the KG Series is not so hard core.

sme

HI ...

I just read the Maya Cross books, they are LOCKED and LOCKOUT.  The FEVER and RUSH are Maya Banks.    It's confusing with 2 ladies having the unusual name of Maya and both writing the same type books.   

Either one is great to read.  

While waiting for Book 4 I have found some other books that are fun.  I, too, have read the first 2 books of the BREATHLESS trilogy by Maya Banks.  I like them a lot even though I am not crazy about the BDSM stuff.  I also have just finished the THIS MAN  trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas which takes place in London.  I like these a great deal.  Characters are interesting.  If anyone has not read the GABRIEL books, then I really recommend them. Also loved ON DUBLIN STREET.  I found most of these after reading Sylvia's historical books.  Loved those.  Truth is it is hard to beat G and E.  Hurry up Book 4.  

GiGi ....  You know my theory on Brett and s*e*x tape so wanted to throw these books in the pile for everyone.  

Oliva Cunning's Sinner Series, 4 books about a heavy metal rock back, their loves and their groupies.  Read them right before Entwined came out so when the TAPE scenario came out I thought of these books.   Interesting look inside a rock band and sexy too :)

They re-enforce my thinking that ...

a. Brett knows, watched and enjoyed all of Sam's secret tapings 

b.  Any publicity for the band is good - even if he presents an 'outraged' front to Eva 

c.  and he may be older but he's still a MALE     LOL 

While waiting for Book 4 I have found some other books that are fun.  I, too, have read the first 2 books of the BREATHLESS trilogy by Maya Banks.  I like them a lot even though I am not crazy about the BDSM stuff.  I also have just finished the THIS MAN  trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas which takes place in London.  I like these a great deal.  Characters are interesting.  If anyone has not read the GABRIEL books, then I really recommend them. Also loved ON DUBLIN STREET.  I found most of these after reading Sylvia's historical books.  Loved those.  Truth is it is hard to beat G and E.  Hurry up Book 4.  

HI ... agree that G & E set the bar really high !!

I read there is going to a 3rd Gabriel book maybe sometime this year.  I haven't read the On Durbin Street, but read On London Road by same author.  

Also, Sylvia's Historical series are good sexy if you go to her site and see the order to read them.  All separate stories but linked with characters from book-to-book.    Also liked her Dream Guardian (2) books.  Not into paranormal much but those are good.  

Enjoy :)

HI ... agree that G & E set the bar really high !!

I read there is going to a 3rd Gabriel book maybe sometime this year.  I haven't read the On Durbin Street, but read On London Road by same author.  

Also, Sylvia's Historical series are good sexy if you go to her site and see the order to read them.  All separate stories but linked with characters from book-to-book.    Also liked her Dream Guardian (2) books.  Not into paranormal much but those are good.  

Enjoy :)

The third Gabriel book comes out Dec.3  The third Maya Banks is out Aug.6

Hi Julie, 

Good question.  I wonder if Monica's marriage willl survive her infidelity too.  I also wonder if Stanton will find out about her affair independently or whether Monica will confess.  Questions, questions, questions... :)

I do not neccesarily think that Monica would say anything if the cheating with Victor was truly a one time thing, which I REALLY hope that it was.  I think for her it was a temporary lapse in judgement, which I really hate that happened.

I think that something like that, their marriage could survive.  I am not sure if their marriage (or my heart) could handle if it happened again.