SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies... just wanted to say congrats to the ladies over in the UK for the Andy Murray win! Im all teary eyed and so happy he won! :)

Thanks Fluffy, it was such a good game and the whole of Scotland are really happy as well as the UK but we are particularly proud which him being a Scot yeah :)

Thanks Fluffy, it was such a good game and the whole of Scotland are really happy as well as the UK but we are particularly proud which him being a Scot yeah :)

It's a very special day to be Scottish

First ever Wimbledon Scots man and first ever Brit in 77 years to win

Gerard butler and Bradley cooper where there watching history in the making great

I'd love seats in centre court on finals day

Will need to wait until I met my Gideon Cross for a seat there

Being another Scottish girl I am so proud of our Andy today!! What a match!!!

It is my dream to get to Wimbledon one day, not to play obv just to watch and enjoy lol!! :)

Gerard butler and Bradley cooper where there watching history in the making great

Yes us Scot's are so proud today, I laugh everytime they say Brit, I want to shout, "he is Scottish first" LOL.

I saw Bradley Cooper and Gerard Butler there supporting him, bet Gerard was well proud to be a Scot there today.  I would have loved to be on Centre Court today watching that, what about all the support he was getting at every point, bet he is having a good party tonight :)

Yes us Scot's are so proud today, I laugh everytime they say Brit, I want to shout, "he is Scottish first" LOL.

I saw Bradley Cooper and Gerard Butler there supporting him, bet Gerard was well proud to be a Scot there today.  I would have loved to be on Centre Court today watching that, what about all the support he was getting at every point, bet he is having a good party tonight :)

I'm surprised he's remaining Scottish usually when he's winning he's miraculously becomes English !

Being another Scottish girl I am so proud of our Andy today!! What a match!!!

It is my dream to get to Wimbledon one day, not to play obv just to watch and enjoy lol!! :)

Yes I know all of Scotland must be overjoyed! 

Its my dream as well to go to Wimbledon! When I was younger playing tennis, I always imagined playing there one day!

Lmao! So true! 

When I saw Pattison I was certain what I heard about the books being aimed at young girls was true.  How could anyone think of him as CG or Gideon or any strong man.  He is a baby to me.  

I have seen Henry with longer hair.  He could so be Gideon or CG.  THAT is a man.

When I saw Pattison I was certain what I heard about the books being aimed at young girls was true.  How could anyone think of him as CG or Gideon or any strong man.  He is a baby to me.  

I have seen Henry with longer hair.  He could so be Gideon or CG.  THAT is a man.

I completely agree! 

I didn't exactly go into a series of novels about gorgeous, powerful, young millionaires and billionaires who have electric chemistry and sex several times a day expecting perfect realism.  ;) 

But I will say that the one thing that kept jumping out at me as unrealistic was GIdeon's and Eva's work schedules.  I was surprised that Eva, even as an entry-level employee, works only 9-5 with an hour for lunch plus scheduled breaks in advertising in NYC.  I've never had an office job like that!  (It's more common, IME, to get 8-5 with lunch, but most people in the offices I'm familiar with tend to work longer hours than "required.")  As for Gideon . . . my husband is a young executive and he bucks the corporate trend by being home for breakfast AND dinner every day.  He puts in plenty of hours working from home in the evenings to make that happen (we have little kids and he puts them ahead of his career at this point).  But in no job he's ever had, has 9-5 including lunch and breaks been the norm.  Eva talks about Gideon "working late" if he has a meeting until 6:00.  I'd expect his norm to be at *least* 12 hour days in the office, with work at home after that. She acknowledges that he must be taking time away from his career to be with her, and I suspect that's true in a big way!  Sharing a limo to work at 9:00 AM?  What happened to his first three hours of morning meetings?!  (To be fair, if Gideon and Eva had only 6 hours a day outside of work, to include eating, sleeping, sex, and plot development, it would be challenging to tell an exciting story within those constraints.)

I try to explain the unrealistic schedule to myself by saying that he has already formed and organized Crossfire Industries so well, with smart people in top positions throughout, that if he wishes he can act in more of a supervisory role except for really major problems, strategies, and acquisitions. And of course times when he needs to act as the face and guiding hand of CI as he did with that Japanese conference call.

I also don't want or expect these books to be totally realistic, but I like them to make sense. Hope this helps you believe! :)

Which original FF are you looking for? I acualy have both...The FSOG( Master of the Universe), and Gabriel's Inferno(The University of EdwardMasen).  I have them on my computer at home and i am away on vacation until Friday.  I could send them to you via email. I have them in a PDF format.

I would like to read both.  I want to see what changed more than anything.  I used to read the FF of a woman on one of my TV show sites.  She was recently published but her ff was an alternative universe story.  It worked well in print and doesn't resemble the TV show at all. 

Thanks for replying (re: realistic work hours), Sharon, SME, and Nrock.  :)

I don't have the same distaste many of you have for Robert Pattison.  I think he's a good actor and could probably pull off the Christian Grey role.  Mostly we've seen him trying to play a high school kid (Harry Potter, Twilight) but I bet he's ready to grow into a more adult role.  Yes, he's young, but he's actually exactly the right age to play Christian Grey or Gideon.  (I don't picture him as either, especially not Gideon.)  It's hard for me to picture these characters as young as they really are.  Most successful businessmen and men I find attractive these days are somewhat older than CG and GC.

(I'm not a huge Twilight fan - books or movies - but I remember that Stephenie Meyer said Henry Cavill was her ideal Edward Cullen - except that he's too old. And Christian Grey in Fifty Shades was based on Meyer's description of Edward.  Pattison ended up playing Edward successfully, so it's not so crazy to think he might play Christian, as well. http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/movie_archives.html)

They were originally written for teens but like Harry Potter they soon roped in the parents. 

I've seen Henry with longer hair too.  He is definitely a handsome man.  He can play a "dark and dangerous" businessman with his eyes closed but those blue eyes are to die for.  

I have a fanfiction confession.  I *want* to like fanfiction, but I usually don't.  A lot of it is so poorly written, or the characters are so "off" that it just doesn't work for me.  But when I finished Entwined with You I was so desperate for more Crossfire that I sought out some fanfiction.  I stumbled upon a ff novel that was a crossover between FSOG and Crossfire.  I stayed up late reading waaaaaay too much of it.  It was well-written enough that it was almost believably part of the series . . . but the writer killed off Eva and Christian (from FSOG) and married Ana to Gideon!!!  I was so messed up by that I had to reread part of FSOG and all of Bared to You, Reflected in You, and Entwined with You to get the bad taste out of my mouth.  I don't think I'll be seeking out more fanfiction any time soon.

I have a fanfiction confession.  I *want* to like fanfiction, but I usually don't.  A lot of it is so poorly written, or the characters are so "off" that it just doesn't work for me.  But when I finished Entwined with You I was so desperate for more Crossfire that I sought out some fanfiction.  I stumbled upon a ff novel that was a crossover between FSOG and Crossfire.  I stayed up late reading waaaaaay too much of it.  It was well-written enough that it was almost believably part of the series . . . but the writer killed off Eva and Christian (from FSOG) and married Ana to Gideon!!!  I was so messed up by that I had to reread part of FSOG and all of Bared to You, Reflected in You, and Entwined with You to get the bad taste out of my mouth.  I don't think I'll be seeking out more fanfiction any time soon.

That is why I don't read too much ff.  There are a couple people that I know who write well and fill in the blanks.  For instance they will write what happens over the winter/summer hiatus or a short one-shot about what happened during the commercial. You know like the "I love you" or the kiss that didn't happen but you know it must have.

I hate when I get into a story and all the sudden it breaks up the lead characters.  I would hunt down the writer who killed off Christian & Eva and give him/her a piece of my mind.  Ana doesn't work with Gideon at all. 

I have a friend who writes FF and therefore reads a lot of them.  She always screens what's out there for me and lets me know if I'll approve. 

I have a fanfiction confession. I *want* to like fanfiction, but I usually don't. A lot of it is so poorly written, or the characters are so "off" that it just doesn't work for me. But when I finished Entwined with You I was so desperate for more Crossfire that I sought out some fanfiction. I stumbled upon a ff novel that was a crossover between FSOG and Crossfire. I stayed up late reading waaaaaay too much of it. It was well-written enough that it was almost believably part of the series . . . but the writer killed off Eva and Christian (from FSOG) and married Ana to Gideon!!! I was so messed up by that I had to reread part of FSOG and all of Bared to You, Reflected in You, and Entwined with You to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I don't think I'll be seeking out more fanfiction any time soon.

Hi Sarah,

I read this fanfic too one night, when I got to the first time Ana and Gideon hooked up I immediately stopped reading. I felt the writer really didnt understand the characters at all and I was screaming at my ipad - no they would never do that!!!! It amazes me to hear that she went on to kill off Eva and Christian and marry Ana to Gideon and honestly I'm glad I stopped reading. My head would likely have exploded had I read until the end... LOL

I saw those two pieces of eye candy as well!! :)

Hi Sarah,

I read this fanfic too one night, when I got to the first time Ana and Gideon hooked up I immediately stopped reading. I felt the writer really didnt understand the characters at all and I was screaming at my ipad - no they would never do that!!!! It amazes me to hear that she went on to kill off Eva and Christian and marry Ana to Gideon and honestly I'm glad I stopped reading. My head would likely have exploded had I read until the end... LOL

OMG don't think I could stomach tht either! glad I haven't stumbled upon that one.

I do however read some FSOG fanfic on a blog by a woman called Sasha Cameron. Just Google her name if you.want to find it.

She has written Elliott and Kates story and intertwined it very well with the books.

She is also now writing a story about Mia and Ethan.

If you are looking for good fanfic I recommend her. It's well written and she seems to understand these characters well. There's a lot of story written and she adds a new chapter every week or so.

Thank you.  I was speedreading (skimming, skipping parts, looking for Gideon/Eva interaction) and should have stopped reading long before I did!

I notice there's a "Like This" button on posts in this forum.  Does that feature work, and if so, does it kick in once I've been a member for longer?  Every time I try to "like" someone's post, it tells me I've exceeded my quota for today (but I've never successfully liked any posts).