SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Posted Today, 07:41 AM

GLH, on 07 Jul 2013 - 9:29 PM, said:snapback.png

Hi GLH, 

I haven't read the Twilight Series either.  I never really quite understood the appeal, but I could be missing something great.  Who knows...(GIGI)

Hi Gigi and GLH, 

I refused a long time to read the TWILIGHT SAGA! Every time there is a big Voodoo -- toodoo -- you know I am totally against it first.

But then I did find out one of my old friends read them, is totally crazy about it and I did want to understand why she is and why she even reread this story so much! So I started to dive into and on the way we really learnt quite a lot about ourselves! We discussed over 2 years a lot of regarding characters etc. because the writing style of Stephenie Meyer is great. My friend loves Robert Pattinson. I don´t like him and most of the movies I don´t like either. I hate somehow Kristen Stewart, her acting style is so not working for me. 

And yes, the movie helps to get the impression that this SAGA is only for teens. Well,  my inside pictures of Edward, Bella etc. are different and I don´t need a movie to see my pictures!

I can´t say that you should have to take a look and read them. I am thinking right now it was a special time (the last 3 years) to somehow dive into my years where I was teens and in my early twenties to clear some hurtful events of my life. I am reading books like therapy, to learn about myself, to accept other around me and to understand them deeper, to grow, yes, too, for entertainment, but this plays a very little role. 

sme

Hi SME,

After reading everyone's postings about the Twilight Series, it seems that I may be missing something very interesting.  I will have to add these books to my reading list.  Thanks everyone for the suggestion. :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gigi,

Again, I don't see Pattinson as either Gideon or Christian.  My point was that it's logical to imagine Pattinson as Grey because Pattinson played Edward Cullen and Christian Grey is based on Stephenie Meyers's description of Edward Cullen.

One reason I'm not a Hollywood casting agent (hah!) is because I have a hard time seeing past the way actors look in order to see how they *could* look. 

But I don't think Pattinson as Grey is such a huge stretch, even though he's not how *I* imagine that character.  FWIW, Pattinson is 6'1" tall and fairly ripped.  He's got something closer to an 8-pack than a 6-pack, and Grey is not described as being bulky, just strong and fit.  But height doesn't really matter so much in movies.  After all, Tom Cruise and Robert Downey, Jr. are only 5'7" tall, and they're far from the only shorter male movie stars.  They frequently play taller men and are even shown in romantic roles with taller women.  They wear lifts in their shoes, stand on boxes, or are just shot in such a way that they appear taller than they are.  If you watch Iron Man 3 you'll see that Gwyneth Paltrow/Pepper Potts is almost always barefoot when she's next to RDJ/Tony Stark.  (Conversely, Thorin Oakenshield, a dwarf far shorter than elves, humans, and wizards in the movie The Hobbit, is played by Richard Armitage, who is 6'2".  Hollywood can work its magic where necessary!)

Hi Sarah,

I read your posting and I just have to say Tom Cruise is an odd little fellow. :)

All joking aside, you point is valid. When someone in Hollywood sets their mind on an actor for a specific role, they make the adjustments necessary to make that actor fulfill the role.  :)

Another questions for you and for everybody else HERE (I thought about to open a new topic): 

What did you draw to the Crossfire Series and I don´t mean others books or recommendations!

I would like to know what you personally motivated to read these series, what drew you in, what gave you the Crossfire books apart from entertainment and a good reading?

I am very interested to hear your comments ...

SME

Hi SME,

I accidentally found Sylvia Day.  Prior to hearing about the whole "Fifty Shades of Grey" hooplah, I had no idea who she was.  I was at the bookstore and accidentally picked up the wrong book...that being Sylvia Day's Bared To You.  I saw a sign referring to the Fifty Shades saga, didn't pay close attention and picked up the wrong book.  As they say..the rest was history.  Once I read the book...I was hooked!  She found a fan in me.  :)

Hi Sarah,

I read your posting and I just have to say Tom Cruise is an odd little fellow. :)

All joking aside, you point is valid. When someone in Hollywood sets their mind on an actor for a specific role, they make the adjustments necessary to make that actor fulfill the role.  :)

Agreed on both counts!

(Now that I'm looking at actors' height, I'm finding other surprises.  Scott Caan and Daniel Radcliff are only 5'5"! Prince is 5'2"! Seth Green is 5'4".  None of these is as surprising to me - well, maybe Scott Caan - as the big action movie heros who are surprisingly short, like Tom Cruise, Robert Downey, Jr., and Sylvester Stallone.  Daniel Craig is 5'10", which is not short, but he doesn't really fit the "tall, dark, and handsome" Bond stereotype, either. I was surprised at how much I like him as Bond.)

OK, I'm done diverting this thread!

Gigi, 

there are a lot post from you and others I haven´t answered yet. But this is sooooooooooooooo fun! L.L.O.O.L.L!

Thank you, you made my day! 

OH, this aunt of you is fantastic! And her polyester skirts! L.O.L.! Crazy woman, but I would be delighted to meet her!

You must know one of my closest friends is Gisela and she is now 86 and we talk almost every week and she is so lively! Oh Mann, your aunt sounds to be so great and entertaining. 

And thank you very much for all your offers to translate! Wow, unfortuanately my parents has stopped travelling  to Canada or somewhere else for a few years, now.

But it is so nice to know there would be help. My mum doesn´t speak any other language ( I am the only person in our family so far who speaks several) but she is easy with it. In emergy she uses hands and her face and always gets what she needs. 

Oh, it would be fantastic to meet you all ....! So generous!

Maybe some day ... I am very curious to visit Canada .. because of the European influence, the language of English and French at the same place, the great nature, snow and summer times and so on ...

So, Gigi, 

I try to answer all your answers .... if something slips through my fingers, don´t be sad, pls. I become here a little addictive and it affects my daily life more than I do like, too. But it is so fun ... ( I am a very organised person you must know .... !)

Hi SME,

I will send my Aunt any time you require her services.  :) 

I'll even send her with my rendition of  a German "Christmas Stollen" cake.  I warn you, the recipe makes several loaves that would be more than enough to feed the German Army.  I only wish that someone had told me that when I tried to bake just one enormously large loaf!!  My oven barely survived the ordeal! :D  :)

Dear GIGI!

it is good you are reading like a turtle! Really! So you can catch more with the first reading! I am very impatient and fearful every time I do start a new book or series. So, the first time I allow myself to run through. Then - immediately - I do reread it and I am way slower. I start to look up all the unknown words or clothers, arts, history facts or special expression I don´t know and so I am learning with each book. 

So, take your time .... dear LADY!

Sme

Hi SME, 

I just have to remember to read each page consecutively!  I get so excited to see what is going to happen next that I end up skipping pages to find out and then I have to go back and read the pages that I skipped.  Sigh!  This is what happens when a storyline is too exciting! :)

Sorry,

I didn't meant to post twice

I'm considering the idea my computer has a life of its own!!!!

Hi Gabri, 

I hope that you are enjoying your summer so far.  Try and stay cool! It is very hot in my part of Canada so I can only imagine what it is like in Europe right now.  :)   

Gigi!

I am not on FB and all the other social media things, too. Maybe this will change in the future but clearly not with my real names. We will see. 

And that you are not working in a hospital, well, my mistake! Doesn´t matter for me! Don´t worry! So, you on gratuate school now and you have worked in Europe too. Well, dear lady, you are getting around a lot, eh? Like travelling? That is great! And I do wish all the best for your further education. 

Smiling to you!

Ah, it is always so a pleasure to talk to you! Maybe - some day - we will meet personally - in Europe or in Canada! Would be fun!

sme

Hi SME, 

This is my first forum foray as well.  I don't subscribe to other forms of social media so when people talk about Twitter and Tweets and Photos and such I don't have a frame of reference.  Until the incident I didn't even have a cell phone.  I had one of those huge contraptions for my car because of the long distance (wait I can almost hear the gasps of others :)).

After everything happened I realized that maybe a personal cell phone might not be such a bad idea.  Oh well, you live and you learn.  I am smiling back at you.  :)

You are absolutely right!

But, to share any photo re my Gideon ... maybe you will wait forever? ;)! I can draw but not at all faces and persons etc. More abstract and flowers  and so go ...!

How about your GIDEON? I am curious?

sme

Hi SME, 

My picture of Gideon would include a man that is tall, has a strong jaw line, slightly tanned skin and is a little more muscular than the books describe Gideon to be.  I don't like "skinnyish" men.  I like a man with well defined muscles, but he has to have muscles to define.  :)

As for posting an actual photo of my ideal man, I think forum members will be waiting for a very very long time!  I have a better chance of teaching my dogs to actually speak English instead of Maltese and Shih Tzu (their languages).  My computer skills are very humble to say the least.   :D

317277_231203973611298_2062717303_n.jpg

He's soooooo easy on the eye....   :blush:

I'm looking forward to seeing who the people at Lionsgate will pick for Gideon's role, but I can tell you I could look, watch, stare, ogle, glare even, at Henry like forever and ever!!!!

He has a beautiful smile.  :) 

Say pls hi to your Auntie Life Preserver, GIGI! She must have a very healty self-esteem and self-respects, too.

Oh my God, I wouldn´t dare to wear a jeans like this. L.O.L.!

And - GIGI - it is so great that there is so much laughter with you and in your family. I did find out only if you can cry deeply, you can laugh highly ..., eh???

sme

P.S. That you think I am funny, well, I don´t know exactly why and how I do it .... nevertheless .... good for me and good for you, eh?? :)

Hi SME, 

All of my Aunts think that they are gorgeous!  Not a single one of them is model thin. It is amazing to see how they see themselves.  They are great role models to women because they have a lot of respect for themselves and their bodies.  Anyone could learn a lot from these amazing women.  :)   

Every single one of my Aunts are hillarious! They each have such a funny sense of humour!  Family get-togethers are always a lot of fun.  Everyone is always busy eating and laughing.  I think that many of the ladies would love my Aunts.  :) 

Hi SME, 

This is my first forum foray as well.  I don't subscribe to other forms of social media so when people talk about Twitter and Tweets and Photos and such I don't have a frame of reference.  Until the incident I didn't even have a cell phone.  I had one of those huge contraptions for my car because of the long distance (wait I can almost hear the gasps of others :)).

After everything happened I realized that maybe a personal cell phone might not be such a bad idea.  Oh well, you live and you learn.  I am smiling back at you.  :)

Hey GiGi

GASP ! :)

Have a lovely time whatever it is you're doing.

Hi Gabi, 

oh, I do see it would be nice to discuss in detail each of these series! We could dig deep into ...! So great!

Okay, here my answers to you (then I have to go offline ... so you know): 

I haven´t yet read "Casual Vacancy"! I am hesitant! Why exactly .. I am not sure to read in German or in English and I so not feel drawn to it so far! But tell me did you read it? What is your opinion? I am very interested and don´t be afraid to spoil something for me!

Regarding HP´s ending: 

I was at first disappointed, too. It was a shock for me that after the killing of Voldemort and fixing his wand .... JRK skipped the scene and this year and moved forward to 19 years later! I would have had one or two more scene right there - the day after, the atmosphere ... ! I wanted to know if Harry and his friends repeat this last year or get the chance of participating in the final exams.

And yes - the epilogue so much later ... as far as we know Harry works in the auror department and teaches sometimes in Hogwarts, right? Well, I would like have had a scene where he and his friends held her graduation ... and you get to know how the time after the battle around Voldemort went for him and all  his friends, what their next plans ...

To skip all this and move to 19 years later was for me difficult to digest! The gap between an exhausted Harry with almost 18 years and than an experienced fathers ... to much ...

I would love to have an sequel ... sequels .. I have the impression JKRowling wanted to prove herself that she can writes other stuff ...! I do think if her own kids a grown she may return to the SAGA or in the case she needs more money for all her charity work ...

So, you think she hates to drop these characters ... I´ve read in a few interviews with her that she wanted to leave these characters and not to continue ...! I am thinking now, she was totally exhausted to write with a deadline and all the attention she was getting for writing the next volume and all the fuss about it. 

Another questions for you and for everybody else HERE (I thought about to open a new topic): 

What did you draw to the Crossfire Series and I don´t mean others books or recommendations!

I would like to know what you personally motivated to read these series, what drew you in, what gave you the Crossfire books apart from entertainment and a good reading?

I am very interested to hear your comments ...

SME

Hi SME

After reading 50 shades of Grey I was looking for a book along the same lines and on the Daily Beast they had a list of books just like Fifty shades and Bared was on it .Hooked from the first chapter absolutely loved it.I remember being shocked the first time Gideon said the C word but also turned on by it I'd never read about anyone who talked about s e x so explicitly .Trust Gideon to push boundaries.

:) to you too.

Hi SME

After reading 50 shades of Grey I was looking for a book along the same lines and on the Daily Beast they had a list of books just like Fifty shades and Bared was on it .Hooked from the first chapter absolutely loved it.I remember being shocked the first time Gideon said the C word but also turned on by it I'd never read about anyone who talked about s e x so explicitly .Trust Gideon to push boundaries.

:) to you too.

And you SME ,what drew you into the Crossfire series?

And you SME ,what drew you into the Crossfire series?

Hi Mam2e & SME,

I didn't know how to attach my question so I am asking along with you, what made you ladies decide to read the Fifty Shades of Grey Series?

I didn't know that these books existed until I saw the President of the United States of America talking about the books.  It was hillarious.  I didn't know if he was talking about some kind strange political tactics or agendas.  I picked up the wrong order of the books (I didn't read them in their sequence), but I quickly discovered what the books were all about when I got a little into the book.  Imagine my surprise...:) 

I do however read some FSOG fanfic on a blog by a woman called Sasha Cameron. Just Google her name if you.want to find it.

She has written Elliott and Kates story and intertwined it very well with the books.

She is also now writing a story about Mia and Ethan.

If you are looking for good fanfic I recommend her. It's well written and she seems to understand these characters well. There's a lot of story written and she adds a new chapter every week or so.

Thanks will look that up :)

317277_231203973611298_2062717303_n.jpg

He's soooooo easy on the eye....   :blush:

I'm looking forward to seeing who the people at Lionsgate will pick for Gideon's role, but I can tell you I could look, watch, stare, ogle, glare even, at Henry like forever and ever!!!!

lovely photo Gabri :)

For me I had just finished the FSOG books and a friend and my daughter in law said if you really like them you should try Sylvia Day's Bared to you and Reflected in you, and I did then read Entwined in you and I am hooked big time   :)

same here Barbera :)

Gigi,

Again, I don't see Pattinson as either Gideon or Christian.  My point was that it's logical to imagine Pattinson as Grey because Pattinson played Edward Cullen and Christian Grey is based on Stephenie Meyers's description of Edward Cullen.

One reason I'm not a Hollywood casting agent (hah!) is because I have a hard time seeing past the way actors look in order to see how they *could* look. 

But I don't think Pattinson as Grey is such a huge stretch, even though he's not how *I* imagine that character.  FWIW, Pattinson is 6'1" tall and fairly ripped.  He's got something closer to an 8-pack than a 6-pack, and Grey is not described as being bulky, just strong and fit.  But height doesn't really matter so much in movies.  After all, Tom Cruise and Robert Downey, Jr. are only 5'7" tall, and they're far from the only shorter male movie stars.  They frequently play taller men and are even shown in romantic roles with taller women.  They wear lifts in their shoes, stand on boxes, or are just shot in such a way that they appear taller than they are.  If you watch Iron Man 3 you'll see that Gwyneth Paltrow/Pepper Potts is almost always barefoot when she's next to RDJ/Tony Stark.  (Conversely, Thorin Oakenshield, a dwarf far shorter than elves, humans, and wizards in the movie The Hobbit, is played by Richard Armitage, who is 6'2".  Hollywood can work its magic where necessary!)

I just think that although Pattinson is a good actor and I know people are not going to like this but I picture CG as a very handsome man and to me Pattinson is not that good looking that would make heads turn as CG is perseved to be, just my opinion though

Hi ladies--

After I finished FSOG I wanted another book so I looked on the best sellers list.  RIY was #2 so I checked it out on  my ipad.  When I saw that it was the second in the series I decided to try a sample of BTY.  I was hooked by the first chapter.  I love, love, love Manhattan so that was a draw.  I love Sylvia's writing style.  Loved that Eva has some guts.  And Gideon's crass mouth just sucked me in.  Lol.