SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Thank you. I was speedreading (skimming, skipping parts, looking for Gideon/Eva interaction) and should have stopped reading long before I did!

I notice there's a "Like This" button on posts in this forum. Does that feature work, and if so, does it kick in once I've been a member for longer? Every time I try to "like" someone's post, it tells me I've exceeded my quota for today (but I've never successfully liked any posts).

I don't think the like button works. I've always goten the same message every time I click it.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do however read some FSOG fanfic on a blog by a woman called Sasha Cameron. Just Google her name if you.want to find it.

She has written Elliott and Kates story and intertwined it very well with the books.

She is also now writing a story about Mia and Ethan.

If you are looking for good fanfic I recommend her. It's well written and she seems to understand these characters well. There's a lot of story written and she adds a new chapter every week or so.

I just goggled Sasha Cameron how do I know which story to read first or does it matter??

I just goggled Sasha Cameron how do I know which story to read first or does it matter??

Thanks  :)

Evaluating Elliot is Elliot & Kates' story.  There is one about Elena if you want to know about her.  Then there is the Mia story.  They are under the Stories drop down on across the top.

Evaluating Elliot is Elliot & Kates' story.  There is one about Elena if you want to know about her.  Then there is the Mia story.  They are under the Stories drop down on across the top.

Ok I will look thru them, help pass the time of day.  And could read at work!!  I am considering buying a kindle just don't know if I will like, I like holding and having books  :)

I do however read some FSOG fanfic on a blog by a woman called Sasha Cameron. Just Google her name if you.want to find it.

She has written Elliott and Kates story and intertwined it very well with the books.

She is also now writing a story about Mia and Ethan.

If you are looking for good fanfic I recommend her. It's well written and she seems to understand these characters well. There's a lot of story written and she adds a new chapter every week or so.

I have NEVER read any fanfiction.  Where/how do you find it?  Is it anything worth reading?  I am honestly not even sure I really know what it is, someone tried to explain it to me, but they made it sound like most were really bad.

I haven't read any of her books yet but I have a couple.  The book I'm going to read next is Hot in Handcuffs.  She wrote this with Sylvia Day.  I think it will be interesting to see how they write together.  Shayla's table was right next to Sylvia at Book Bash.  Sylvia mentioned that they are good friends.  Their writing styles seem to be a little different so it should be interesting how they meld their styles in the book.

I have the first two books in Shayla's Wicked series Wicked Ties and Decadent.  Her husband was so funny and I had to laugh when he recommended Wicked Ties.  He said it is the first one she wrote in this series and it means a lot to her. 

Right now I'm on book 5 of the KGI series by Maya Banks.  I really love these books and the characters.  Each book focuses on a different character but the characters from the previous books flow through each book.  Each book can stand alone but each story references previous books.  As I mentioned earlier they are thrillers in a sense with a love story as the basis of the thriller.  The KGI team (para-military) is working to save a "damsel in distress" so to speak.  It is the best of both worlds for me because I love mysteries.  The characters are well developed and the story is solid.  I like that there are 7 books in print now and another is due out the end of the year.  When I talked to Maya at the Book Bash she said she is planning some more in the series.  She said a few more characters have stories to tell.    I'm hoping that she will develop a story for all the characters in the books.  Book 6 is about P.J. a female sniper.  She is a dead on shot and relied on by her team.  I can't wait to read her story. 

Hi Sharon, 

Thank you for the information.  I will have to check those books out.  Have a great week. 

I don't think you and I will agree on Monica.  I don't hate her at all, in fact, I think she did her best for her daughter with what she had--her looks.  Yes I think Monica is still in pain and suffers greatly because of her daughter's abuse.  I believe that she has internalized that pain and hates herself so much that she is still in regular therapy. 

I hope we get our answers about Monica.  I also sincerely hope that I am wrong about how I judged her actions.  Fingers crossed here. 

Einen wunderschönen guten Morgen to YOU! 

Yes, I did have!

And see my other recommendation if you want to! Maya Banks is a little heavy! But her writing style is great! I am right now totally thrilled with the Blackstone Affair e-books! Would prefer the real books but not all books are out as paperback. 

I do hope your SUNDAY is also fillled with blessings! I am melting away from all your nice wishes ....

sme

Hi SME, 

It is clear that I have a lot of reading to do. So many of the ladies in the forum are experts on which authors and books are worth reading.   If I want to have something else to discuss I will have to start reading more and faster (I read like a turtle).  :)

Meine liebe Gigi (my dear GIGI!)!

Yes, this matchmaking is fun. If the chemistry between Corinne and Brett would working? A long ROCK-STAR-WORLD-TOUR with them both would definitely distract her from all her issues and maybe would offer the chance to meet a guy who really suits her??

Re Megumi! Yes, there are so many possibilities out there to stay in contact! Yes, Megumi and EVA .... but to be true I don´t remember right now exactely how deep this friendship is going ... but I do wish them the best! 

SME

Hi SME, 

We are now in the month of July and some of the ladies have been speculating that perhaps Sylvia will release her next book well before the end of the year.  Some of the ladies have hoped that the fourth book is released in October (I wish the same!) which would give us three more months to try and match-make.  :)

Who is next...?

DEAR GIGI, Pls see above!

Hi GiGi and SME

Thank you both for sharing your story .I think it's incredibly mature to be able to see your parent/s as flawed just like the rest of us and to seek to understand and accept them .

GiGi what happened to your mom when she was young is heartbreaking ,no child should ever have such an experience and I can understand how someone wouldn't be able to walk away from that experience and be whole .

Monica :

In Bared I found her amusing because all her reactions were over the top and she was great for comic relief in such an intense story .In Reflected I grew to see just how much she loves her daughter and that even if her actions or misactions were not ones you could agree with everything she had done was to keep Eva safe ,secure and well loved .I believe that even marrying rich guys had less to do with herself and more to do with creating the kind of life she thought was best for her daughter .One scene that struck me was when Eva found out about Nathan having pics and vid of her and Eva was crying and Monica said" shhhh baby I'll take care of you"(or something like that )for me that sentence encapsutes how Monica feels about her daughter.

When I saw Pattison I was certain what I heard about the books being aimed at young girls was true.  How could anyone think of him as CG or Gideon or any strong man.  He is a baby to me.  

I have seen Henry with longer hair.  He could so be Gideon or CG.  THAT is a man.

I must say though I had the biggest crush on Pattison when he was in the twilight movies and a few of my girls were also crushing on him and we were early 30s so I think he can come across as manly and he did on twilight ,he had the right amount of intensity for that role .

Gigi, 

I looked up picture of your nice dogs. What for a cute race, both of them. Oh Mann, my eyes are getting a little wet!

So, you are a dog rescuer and your dogs are , too, little doctors and healers to both, to animals and human beings! Well, it is so nice what you are writing from your life with your dogs. I can imagine how it is. 

And all the socks hiding ... I can quite imagine how time consuming and sometimes stressing it will be to find all the socks again, eh? And the fact that your dogs are behaving so fine ... well, my mum always is telling .. is the owner fine and educated than the dogs is, too. Is the owner bad, the dog is angry or totally closed because he is afraid of his owner. 

What is your impression or better experience?

Dogs are very sensible and mostly connecting deeply with their owners. Our dog was totally crazy for our mum. When she was abroad he was totally sad and often denied to eat. So she couldn´t stay away for a longer time! 

And regarding your behaviour toward patients ... I would so love that every doctor has the same attitude. I spent to many tdays, weeks in the hospital, met so many doctors, nurses, students of medicine etc. and this kind of attitude is still not common. I do think a doctor, a nurse , any staff working in a hospital who behaves like you attributes a great deal in healing the patient! So great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I must say I had the luck that for the very most important insurgeries in my life I did met surgeon like this! But quite a lot did traumase me deeply and I am still struggling to heal from these encounters and treatments. And I am on my way to getting better and better ...., so don´t worry!

Sme

Guten Morgen SME, 

I read your posting and I just wanted to clarify with you that I don't work in a hospital.  I am also not a family physician or a nurse.  I am in the healthcare profession.  I am in private practice and am in graduate school right now.  I have worked in Europe and across Canada.

I don't discuss my professional life or give many specifics about where I live for several reasons.  I was "stalked" by someone during my undergraduate years and had to move several times as a result. Suffice it to say, I didn't even know what was going on until an apartment resident asked me how my "boyfriend" was.  They also asked me why I hadn't told them about said man.

I had several incidents occurring in my home that I just blamed on fatigue (I thought perhaps I was too tired or had forgotten that I had done something); a glass was on my counter still sweating with lemonaide, the television channels were different, the cushions on the sofa looked like someone had been sitting or sleeping there.  My suscpicions were confirmed when I got my telephone bill.  Someone had been in the home making several long distance phone calls while I was in class or at work. The final straw was when I got attackd in broad daylight on campus while students just sat and watched.  By the grace of God something startled this man (and it interrupted his attack on me) and I managed to escape. 

As a result of  serious past experiences, I have had to be very careful about what I reveal.  That being said, I can't let past experiences stop me from living.  If I don't reach out and try to connect with others then this person wins.  I am sorry if there was any misunderstanding.  I had been asked about my professional life and had posted this earlier in another thread.  I hope that is ok with you (if not then I understand).   :)

My dear ladies, 

a lot of you are very enchanted with Henry Clavell/Clawell? I must say all these pictures here from him are very nice. But I don´t share your enthusiasm! I am sorry!

My Gideon is in my head and I didn´t find yet a picture on google to match my inner imagination. My Gideon has softer face feature and almost shoulder length hair which is a little bit curly. And he looks younger that Henry! 

I am very surprised that you so many of you are have the same taste regarding Henry! Pls don´t feel offended! I am writing this here to tell you that I am not joining in celebrating every time a new picture of Henry appears here . Pls don´t take it personal. He is just not my taste!

But I do love all the pictures of place/clothes/jewelries  in black and white or colours you post!!! And thank you for doing it.

How do you do it! I do know how to pic a picture under my name (is my EVA and so far I do know, no actress!). I didn´t find a button in the field where I can choose the font, the size, the colour etc. 

For a manual guide or instructions thanks in advance!!!!!

SME

Hi SME, 

I think that all those lovely photos that have been posted have helped to pass the time in a most pleasant way. :)

I am neither attached to one "rendition" of Gideon or another.  I am open to see what you envision Gideon as.  I will wait patiently of course and in the mean time I will enjoy all of the lovely photos that any of the ladies wish to share. :)

I don´t know what you are doing, lovely lady, but I have to burst out laughing all the time, when I am reading your answers!

Mann oh Mann, GIGI,

now I do have to answer very long! But in a next post! I can´t believe how much we do have in commun! Your answer is more than long enough!!

You will see in my detailed anser to this!

L.O.L.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sme

You are very funny lady! Your lovely style of writing reminds me a lot of my Aunts!  They are absolutely a riot!!   They have such funny sayings and have such lively personalities once a person gets over their little quirks. I'll give you an example.

I have one Aunt who loves to wear tight jeans and my Aunt has a rubinesque figure (so perhaps wearing tight jeans may not be the best style for her).  I said to her "Auntie did your jeans shrink a little?  They look a little tight." 

My Aunt replied:  "That's the way I like my jeans.  It makes me look so sexy!  See look here (which she pointed to her tummy which was hanging over the jeans because they were way too tight).  I now have a built in floatation device!  Now if I fall into the ocean, I have a life preserver (life ring) to keep me afloat!  Now I can float in the ocean safely until they  (the good looking men on ships) can come and rescue me! Perfect!!"  My Aunt then burst out laughing! :)

Ever since then I nicknamed her  Auntie Life Preserver. 

I think laughter is in my family blood.  If we can cry over serious hurts then we can laughter until we pee our pants too! I hope I have made sense.   :)

Hi GiGi and SME

Thank you both for sharing your story .I think it's incredibly mature to be able to see your parent/s as flawed just like the rest of us and to seek to understand and accept them .

GiGi what happened to your mom when she was young is heartbreaking ,no child should ever have such an experience and I can understand how someone wouldn't be able to walk away from that experience and be whole .

Monica :

In Bared I found her amusing because all her reactions were over the top and she was great for comic relief in such an intense story .In Reflected I grew to see just how much she loves her daughter and that even if her actions or misactions were not ones you could agree with everything she had done was to keep Eva safe ,secure and well loved .I believe that even marrying rich guys had less to do with herself and more to do with creating the kind of life she thought was best for her daughter .One scene that struck me was when Eva found out about Nathan having pics and vid of her and Eva was crying and Monica said" shhhh baby I'll take care of you"(or something like that )for me that sentence encapsutes how Monica feels about her daughter.

Good morning Ms.  Mam2e, 

I hope you had a lovely weekend. :)

I read your posting and I think that it is final step for every child to see their parents as human beings with flaws and foibles.  I know that I used to think that my parents would live forever and they were "superhuman".  Nothing could ever touch them.  I got a very rude awakening when my mom died.  I then quickly realized that my parents were living breathing human beings with past lives other than just being parents. 

I hope that one day, if I am ever blessed to have children, that they would look at me as a human being who has many flaws and faults, but that despite these flaws, that I am a person who is deserving of compassion, forgiveness and understanding.   

Hello to CANADA!!! 

AND I do hope today, GiGi,  you have a better day outside with sunshine and sun beams directed to your face and body so you can enjoy it!

So, with all the relatives in US, you have many many places you can visit and stay overnight! SO great! I do know New York City, I do know Fort Lauderdale and Orlando and the Everglades (I was 12 with my parents), I do know Washington D.C., Philadelphia, The Appalachians  al little, (GREAT; GREAT!!!I) and during to a exhange program at the age of 16  I was in West Union/Cedar Rapid City of Iowa and was camping at the Missessippi in Wisconsin/Minnesota. But it is nothing because USA is so much bigger!

My parents went several times to Canada, different places. This was because of some finanical colaboration ideas, then they met nice people, become friends and revisited. And this - also my mum doesn´t speak really English but can understand a lot and my dad, well, I did find out he must speak better than I do know of. 

sme

Hi SME, 

Tell your mom not to worry one little bit!  My Aunt speaks German fluently!  My dad understand but he doesn't really speak the language.  If your mom speaks any other languages I am sure we will find a way to communicate. :)

During the war, my Aunt and my father had to learn several languages as a matter of necessity.  My Aunt still speaks it fluently and she makes fun of me when I try to speak it.  Well really, to sit and listen to me trying and speak German would be a funny experience. 

Don't you worry about your German either.  If you are ever in Canada, let me know and I will send my Aunt on the airplane to come and translate for you.  I just have to warn you though, my Aunt is almost 87 years old and is a little bit cranky.  She also has an unusual love of polyester skirts!  She calls polyester the "FREEDOM FABRIC"!!  It is the greatest fabric invention, since the man who discovered peniciliin!   Go figure....:)

DEAR GIGI, Pls see above!

Guten Morgen SME,

I would like to begin this posting by saying thank you for sharing your story with me.  I am awed by the similarities of our stories!  My mother’s family also survived the war.  They too, faced hardships, desperate poverty and hunger.  The difference with my family is that my mother had her family with her, so that regardless of the challenges, she had someone to “walk†with her.

I can completely understand your challenges with having to deal with a mother with such huge emotional scars.  Surviving such an ordeal can leave a person very hard and sometimes almost bitter (because of their experiences). 

You were so right!!  These people walk around with HUGE GAPING OPEN WOUNDS that are on the INSIDE!!!  That is why it can be so challenging to deal with someone like this. 

My heart goes out to you, because you did everything that a person/child would do.  You tried to fix your mother, you tried to make her happy and maybe you even blamed yourself a little because no matter what you did or did not do, you couldn’t fix your mom.  I know, because I tried too. 

After I went on my journey to find my answers about my mom, I eventually learned that it wasn’t my job to fix my mother or her problems.  I am just incredibly sad that I never got to know my mother as a human being.  I wish that my mother could have seen me at my University graduation(s)…so many things that she missed because she was so unhappy.  I wish for you that you find peace and blessings with your mother.  Even if she never changes, just know that somewhere in her spirit; she loves you wishes only the very best for you and is sorry that she isn’t able to show it.  She is still here.  There is still time my friend. There is always hope.  

Now that I have stopped crying and have cleared my laptop of my tears, because quite frankly I was a little afraid that I might get an electrical shock from all the tears on the keyboard (If I continued to type), I can continue and try to make this a positive posting for you and all of the other members.

I was thinking about Monica and about everyone’s postings and I think that she is the one character that will surprise me the most.  I keep reacting to her actions on a visceral level and I think that is what might be potentially clouding my judgment about her. I think it will be really interesting to see what her “back-story†is.

I would like to think that whatever happened to my mother during her lifetime, all has been healed for her.  She is now in a better place.  She is with God (or whichever higher power a person believes in).

I also know that I now have a guardian angel that watches over me. No matter what is going on in my life, someone in heaven is on my side and is cheering me on.  My “heavenly†relatives are with me in spirit.

You are also so correct about the “seductive qualities†of money!!  A person really needs to know themselves before ever being faced with such a situation, but it doesn’t always work out that way.    Now I am done typing.  You can rest your eyes from such a long posting! :)

Posted Today, 10:34 AM

Sharonm745, on 06 Jul 2013 - 7:05 PM, said:snapback.png

Hi Sharon, 

I just wanted to clarify with you:  Are you saying that Monica was in pain before her daughter was abused or was in pain after her daughter was abused and she found out about it?  You clarification is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

If Monica married Barker because of money and not love don't you think that it is possible that Monica sold herself but in a different way?  They say that a woman who marries for money, earns every penny (i.e.  every sexual intimacy given in that marriage is one that is earned and one more reason to have resentment towards the marriage partner).  What do you think?

HI Sharonm and GIGI, 

my impression was always that Monika did love Nathan´s father! And that she was so enchanted that she didn´t see around her. But maybe I am wrong.

GIG: But if she married all the rich men to have a shelter, money and enough comfort than this would be for me like selling herself! And this did I suspect, I must say!

Sharonm: yes, I do agress! it could be difficult to detect any abusive behavior among your childrean growing up and with all the hormones stuff running wild in their body system!  

sme

Guten Morgen SME, 

I am quickly learning to wait and see what Monica's story is.  The big question will be if Monica really did love Mr. Barker or not.  I hope all the ladies in the forum prayers come true and that we get the next book sooner rather than later!  Sharon had mentioned something about Monica's story being told in the next book, which means we will finally get some answers! :)

I was trying to find the original FF.  Did she make a lot of changes?  I read some ff but then I get frustrated when the characters are changed so much that they don't resemble the people I like.  Most of the ff that I read are based on my favorite TV shows and when they have a character do something that I know would never happen I stop reading.  I haven't read any ff this summer because I have so many books to read.  I'm behind due to work and other things.

Hi Sharon & Ladies, 

What is fan fiction please?

I think the quick time frame is a technique used in many romance books.  The "dating" that most of us go through is too time consuming for a story like this.  Although I have to say I met and married my husband in less than 6 months so it does happen.  We were ready to get married in 2 months but my dad died and I didn't want to burden my mom with another wedding.  My sister was already engaged and I didn't want to step on her time.  Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) she called off the wedding a month before the ceremony. 

Hi Sharon, 

At the end of the day, love is love.  You met and married the man that you meant to be with.  I hope your sister found someone to share her life with as well. 

I guess I am the only person who never read any of the TWILIGHT  stuff.   I thought it was aimed at younger girls?  I did read that FSOG  was based on ff but that just confused me since it is hardly for young girls.  I did also read that Gabriel was based on ff but for the life of me I don't see a resemblance between Gabriel and Christian so I am not sure of the relationship.  I did read that Henry had been considered for Edward.  Since I never read the books, I don't know if the right choice was made.  Henry is very male to me and Pattison is boyish.  JMHO

Hi GLH, 

I haven't read the Twilight Series either.  I never really quite understood the appeal, but I could be missing something great.  Who knows...

I've never read TWILIGHT or seen the films either !

Pattiso.n I feel is toooo baby like to play Christian Grey never mind our Gideon Cross !

I agree, wrong actor to play either. 

Gideon and even Christian are strong powerful men in business and in the bedroom Pattison looks like you could blow him over not take him in the bedroom !

Hi ShazScott1980 & Claudine, 

You both make really good points.  I don't think that R. Pat is 6'4' either.  I just can't see him fulfilling the physical requirements of either character.

I try to explain the unrealistic schedule to myself by saying that he has already formed and organized Crossfire Industries so well, with smart people in top positions throughout, that if he wishes he can act in more of a supervisory role except for really major problems, strategies, and acquisitions. And of course times when he needs to act as the face and guiding hand of CI as he did with that Japanese conference call.

I also don't want or expect these books to be totally realistic, but I like them to make sense. Hope this helps you believe! :)

Hi Nrock, 

This is where I don't mind suspending my disbelief.  So many other things in the book deal with such heavy issues.  It is no wonder that Gideon and Eva keep 9-5 hours.  They are too busy keeping ex's at bay, battling and killing a crazed stalker and rapist and have a plethora of other whacky characters who dump their issues on Gideon and Eva. 

I am glad that they get to spend those six hours; making love, eating and solving all of the world's problems.  :)