SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gigi and everybody who wants to know why I did read or enjoy FSOG!

No kidding, your PRESIDENT was talking about this! I am laughing now I am screaming .... N.O. F.U.C.K.I.N.G. WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D !!

And while I am imagining your surprise regarding the real content - oh my - I am BALKING out loud!!!

So funny, I am rolling in the aisles ...

------------------------------------

So, to be serious again ... My Discovering of Fifty Shades of Grey: (5 months before my first book of BARED TO YOU)

We do have a bookshop - in the City - this bookshop is a chain, with four floors and has an international area with books in English, French, Spanish.

Their section of English Books is the largest  as I know of in our city. There a lot of books for children, for teens (this section I was visiting very often in the last 3 years), Romance Novels, Poetry, Crime and since last year a new section - Erotic Novels. But this came with the FSOG Books. 

Well, I took a look at the adult section and was magically and irrevocably attracted to the cover and the title - Fifty Shades of Grey - you know all kind of double meaning. And at this time I had never heard of this series. The first book in German wasn´t yet out.

I took the book and went to the book café which is within the shop and started read the first pages and got right away hooked from the writing style and the story line!

I´ve read the back side of the book with the a short summary and was exicited and tense at the same time. I texted immediately my dear friend L. and told her I have just this book in my hand and the story is so erotic and I am so very much interested to buy it but I am afraid that I am going much over my head, that I am going to dive into something what maybe let me discover something about me I don´t want to know ... or at any dark places which will hurt me!

With my friend (who promised me to go online to take a look at once, what she did) I talked a second time. She told me, well, this is really interesting and kind of hot, but she won´t go there but if I am willing to go there and to read I will be happy to hear about and to talk about everything what maybe will be scary for me ..  .. (and this she did - I texted her constantly during all 3 books what I was thinking )

So, I bought the first book and went home and dived into them .... 

It was one of my most erotic readings of my life  ... for me ! I finished this book, reread it right away again and after a few days I bought the next one! And so on!

Here in Germany the books are a big success (but the translation I do not like, it is not high quality) but people are often talking very badly about the books, the men are disrespectful in the media or making funny jokes, they all tend to debase the books but that was and it the same with the Twilight Saga.

I enjoy quite a lot the books because: 

- the writing style I do really like  ( I do know a lot here don´t like it - I am sorry but I do!)

- the storyline which is quite a fairy tale and I do think we all do need fairy tales ... (and I do believe much more "GOOD" can happen in your life than you can imagine or allow to yourself) .. 

- the love story within

- and the healing/the rescue of a tortured person

-  the emails between Ana and Christopher, for me they are so much fun, any time I reread them ... they are intelligent, creative and witty ...

- I do like all the side characters like her best friend Kate, the family of Christian, Jason Tyler and his crew .. Christian´s parents ...

- Seattle as the place where the story takes place

- the smell of the books and the covers are abstract which I do like (so many English and American books have Cover Models and takes all the imaginations away ..)

- all the songs mentioned in the book and the combination of music and erotic scenes ( I do find this is a master piece)

The casting vote to start the books was curiosity, instant attraction to the mentioned main theme (a man with a difficult past and a woman who is totally attracted to him), the writing style and the erotic forbidden atmosphere ..

So, a very long post ... 

Hope your and maybe questions of other ladies are answered, if not , go ahead and ask me ..

sme  ;) !

Hi SME, 

It is so interesting to note that regardless of "how" someone found the Fifty Shades of Grey Series, everyone seems to agree that the writing was very good and that the storylines were what hooked each reader.  Isn't that supposed to be one of the marks of a good writer?

Nathalia,

I posed this question a while ago and thought I would re-pose it now.

-Where was Eva born and raised? For some reason I always thought it was NY however she talks about being in NY and it being her adopted home. So if she was not born and raised in NY I would assume it would be CA, which is where her parents met. Although she doesn't talk much about her childhood it is made to sound like Victor was not around often and I am assuming it they lived in CA then she would have had a closer relationship with her Dad, including but not limited to when Nathan was raping her. So the question again is where was she raised and will we ever learn more about her childhood and relationships with her parents in her formative years?

Victor, after finding out about what Nathan did to Eva, in EWY even talks about how he should have fought harder to keep Eva with him.  Again which makes us think that she was not in CA.

I have no idea where Eva grew up, but I think the hints in the text are that it was not New York City or California.  Eva talks about her love affair with NYC, how everyone walking around the city is used to it but it's all new to her and she's infatuated, etc.  And then the quote from Victor about how he noticed something was wrong when she moved to California.  The only other hint I noticed was that when Gideon and Eva went to North Carolina, I think she said something about her mother's second husband (the gambler) having a place on a lake so she has fond memories of beaches.  Since it was on a lake I'll go out on a limb and guess it was not especially near either coast (maybe one of the Great Lakes?).  That still leaves a lot of the country!  I wouldn't be surprised if each of Monica's husbands lived in a different city.

Ah, dearest GiGi, 

well, welcome to the land where you are not always and totally connected. I do have a cell phone and it is on but only for emergency and when I outside so there people could phone me or I can phone when I am too late (what I am mostly not). To talk I do have my land-line telephone and internet!

But it is good for you that you are reaching out .. otherwise we wouldn´t have these nice little emails back and forth .. I do so much appreciate ...

:)

sme

Guten tage meine liebe freund SME, :)

It's alll good!  Don't worry about me.  Trying out this website has given me a wonderful opportunity to meet many new and wonderful people from all around the world. The experience has been a very positive one for me overall.  I have learned so much from so many wonderful and knowledgeable people.   

I wish you a good week.  :)

Hi GiGi

I gave it to my mum as a present, for the series was on everybody's lips. At 71, she was appalled by the ways young people can enjoy s*x (HA!) and wouldn't lend it to me ('Not in this life,' she told me). So I bought it again, but in English...

Mrs James, you own me!!!! :D

Hi Gabri, 

It is amazing to see how much a generation can change when looking at how the some of the generations discuss the topic of se* more openly. I think that is a sign of progress.

Dear Ladies, 

I am swept away fro the fanfiction stories of Sasha Cameron (FSOG). Someone (sorry, don´t remember the name right now) from here mentioned here. Didn´t wanted to go there, but oh my God!

How good is her writing and her ideas and her feeling for the Character. I am thinking all the time E.L. James is writing it herself. (Who knows maybe she is it - secretely?)

I can´t stay away, started to cut and paste to have my own Word-Document to print it - in the future! It is a lot of work, but I have to reread this! 

Therefore and because of other reasons I will be here a little bit less or I maybe not answering right away ...

So, now, I am looking through the last postings here and going to answer!

Yea I agree I liked her a lot just got done with Kate and Elliot's story going back to read the rest

Hi Mam2e & SME,

I didn't know how to attach my question so I am asking along with you, what made you ladies decide to read the Fifty Shades of Grey Series?

I didn't know that these books existed until I saw the President of the United States of America talking about the books.  It was hillarious.  I didn't know if he was talking about some kind strange political tactics or agendas.  I picked up the wrong order of the books (I didn't read them in their sequence), but I quickly discovered what the books were all about when I got a little into the book.  Imagine my surprise...:)

I don't remember how I discovered the books but I know there was a lot of buzz around them ,I remember the local bookstore had a whole shelf dedicated to them.

I would have loved to see your face the first time you read !

Well the way I came to read the Crossfire series is, I had read the FSOG trilogy like seven times and I was ready for something different. Was in Target and came across BTY and RIY. Almost bought RIY first but settled on BTY instead. The next day went back and got RIY cause I was done with BTY and the rest is history.

Hey Ladies,

Did anyone else want more details on their beach wedding? Like how Gideon gave Eva the ring? Did she see it for the first time when he put it on her finger? Or after  he said 'marry me' on the chaise after pulling her from the water? I'm sure we're going to get  to read all the vows from their next wedding, but , idk...I kinda wanted more. Greedy, I know. I think that Gideon will design her wedding band...maybe inscribe something sweet inside.

I reread EWY last night...lol...sooo...got some thoughts/questions.

Deanna really really annoys me. I mean, it was a one night stand...how hurt could you be? What was she expecting?

I hope the Megumi thing is just her being sick and lazy to respond...Eva doesn't need more drama.

I've said this before, but I think that Monica should feel extremely guilty for what happened to Eva. Four years is a LONG time....I mean, maybe the abuse only occurred when Monica and Barker were out, events, trips etc...but still...Like Eva said, the staff -hate them too- had to have known...so how could your own mother not catch on?!?!

Oh! That's the other thing! re where Eva grew up...I thought it was it was in Cali the whole time, only moving to SD in college to be by Victor...but in rereading last night, the part I noticed is when Victor called Eva after finding out  and said 'how could she not have known something was wrong? I knew when you came to California!' (something like that)....so where was Eva living?I guess wherever Monica's husbands were .

I hope Tatiana isn't preg either...Btw, I just realized, in reading these posts, why I was so confused w/ the whole Tatiana naked scene.  I thought that it was Tatiana walking INTO the kitchen when Eva stopped her ( idk what I was thinking )...but it was her walking BACK to the bedroom w/ two bottles of water...Duh :rolleyes_anim: ...I really want to know if she and Gideon had a conversation lol...or did he just turn around and make his coffee??

Ok...that's all I can remember now ...

I can't believe we have to wait another month to get snippets/snapshots :(  again, greedy....

Maybe not a Sept release then? Boo :(

Hi Nathalia

Deanna : I think she should have known herself better ,I don't think you just pick up a guy for a one night stand and then catch feelings when he doesn't treat you the way you expect .You don't know the first thing about this guy so you can't expect anything and I don't think she should have put herself out there in this way if she knows she's sensitive.Without a doubt Gideon was horrible to her and no one should be treated in such a manner but they were both adults no promises were made and she should really move on .Why waste the time with the personal vandetta

Monica:It also puzzles me that Monica didn't know what was going on for four years .Its almost as if she wasn't intimately involved with Eva on an emotional /physical manner .The best I can think of is that she was young ,without support and found herself with a child and in her desperate scramble to build and maintain a life for herself and her child she didn't pay attention as a normal parent might have .I think she got it too late and because of that she overcompensates .

I have no idea where Eva grew up, but I think the hints in the text are that it was not New York City or California.  Eva talks about her love affair with NYC, how everyone walking around the city is used to it but it's all new to her and she's infatuated, etc.  And then the quote from Victor about how he noticed something was wrong when she moved to California.  The only other hint I noticed was that when Gideon and Eva went to North Carolina, I think she said something about her mother's second husband (the gambler) having a place on a lake so she has fond memories of beaches.  Since it was on a lake I'll go out on a limb and guess it was not especially near either coast (maybe one of the Great Lakes?).  That still leaves a lot of the country!  I wouldn't be surprised if each of Monica's husbands lived in a different city.

Sarah,

I agree no one knows where her formative years were spent or if it was only one place, I think we can all point to parts in the book where it sounds like it wasn't either NY or CA. The actual location is not that big of a deal, however what I am more interested in knowing is whether the reason we don't have answers.  Is it because it really doesn't matter to their story and so Sylvia never included this background information because it was not important OR do we not know because it is so important and we just have not learned it because it plays an important role?

Hi everyone,

I think what surprises me most about Deanna's vendetta against Gideon is that we can be sure when he picked her up that this was very much a one night thing. Based on how he initially tried to pick up Eva, he does not pretend that his pick ups are anything more than a short term arrangement so I highly doubt his approach to Deanna was much different.

Don't get me wrong, the way he treated her at the end was disgusting and I can totally understand why she's upset about that, but I don't think she was going in with false expectations that this was going to turn into a relationship. And if she was that's her own fault for not listening to what Gideon was saying.

Do you agree? Disagree? What do you think?

Hi Barb :)

you'll love it!

I'm a paper-book girl too but I had to get a Kindle because Entwined would only be released June 16 in Italy ... can you imagine? There are soooooo many books you can download for almost nothing!!! and when you really like one book you can always get the hardback and put it on your shelves. I'm really having a hard time trying to stay away from amazon these days, for SD's books are not supplied to my local bookstore on a regular basis and I can never know when I'll be able to find one I haven't read yet... but I have downloaded most of her books, and it feels sooo good!!!

I have a Nook but I think I'm going to get a Kindle soon.  It makes me crazy when I pre-order a book from B&N and then I can't download it to my Nook on the release date but I can download it to my phone running the Nook application.  Weird.  To tell you the truth I didn't think I would like electronic books but I do.  I belong to BookBub and they send me an email everyday  letting me know what books are free.  I always have something to read.  It is easy to carry and I makes notes and highlight things I want to remember or go back and research.   I only buy paper copies when there are book signings in the area.  I keep those books pristine. 

I have a Nook but I think I'm going to get a Kindle soon.  It makes me crazy when I pre-order a book from B&N and then I can't download it to my Nook on the release date but I can download it to my phone running the Nook application.  Weird.  To tell you the truth I didn't think I would like electronic books but I do.  I belong to BookBub and they send me an email everyday  letting me know what books are free.  I always have something to read.  It is easy to carry and I makes notes and highlight things I want to remember or go back and research.   I only buy paper copies when there are book signings in the area.  I keep those books pristine. 

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the info. I bought my son a Kindle for graduation so at the time I really did my reviews so I determined for me the Kindle was the best choice.  

When I read a book I like to put little post it bookmarks on places that I want to remember or I think was a turning point, etc.  My Crossfire books are full of them.  So I have been researching if there is anyway to mark points in the story on a Kindle and there are so that takes care of that concern.

Barb

Hi Gabri,

Yes I am finding this to be true how many books are so much cheaper than paper books.  You do have a point if I have a favorite I could buy the paper.  A friend let me bring her Kindle Fire home this evening to play around with and I like it.  I know me too I have about 25 books in my Amazon wish list, I will be broke!!

Might shop this weekend and check them out.  Thanks for all the good info.   :)

I have a couple of friends who have the Kindles and they love them especially the fire one as they can get onto the internet as well, you should check it out and see what suits you best. :)

I have a couple of friends who have the Kindles and they love them especially the fire one as they can get onto the internet as well, you should check it out and see what suits you best. :)

A friend of mine from work let me take her Kindle Fire home last night and play with it I like it a lot!!!  The one I had gotten my son was just the ereader Kindle.

I just need to decide   :)

Well the way I came to read the Crossfire series is, I had read the FSOG trilogy like seven times and I was ready for something different. Was in Target and came across BTY and RIY. Almost bought RIY first but settled on BTY instead. The next day went back and got RIY cause I was done with BTY and the rest is history.

I read FSOG first then got told about BTY so read that then became hooked

A friend of mine from work let me take her Kindle Fire home last night and play with it I like it a lot!!!  The one I had gotten my son was just the ereader Kindle.

I just need to decide   :)

go for it honey, you will love it :)

I love my Ipad for the books, I can read them anywhere and when we are slow at work I can catch up I do like paper copy books but never been to a book signing as they are either in London or over the pond, however, Kirsten was lovely at the book bash as she got me a signed copy of Entwined from Sylvia so that is now in a safe place.

:)

Hi Nathalia

Deanna : I think she should have known herself better ,I don't think you just pick up a guy for a one night stand and then catch feelings when he doesn't treat you the way you expect .You don't know the first thing about this guy so you can't expect anything and I don't think she should have put herself out there in this way if she knows she's sensitive.Without a doubt Gideon was horrible to her and no one should be treated in such a manner but they were both adults no promises were made and she should really move on .Why waste the time with the personal vandetta

Monica:It also puzzles me that Monica didn't know what was going on for four years .Its almost as if she wasn't intimately involved with Eva on an emotional /physical manner .The best I can think of is that she was young ,without support and found herself with a child and in her desperate scramble to build and maintain a life for herself and her child she didn't pay attention as a normal parent might have .I think she got it too late and because of that she overcompensates .

Yes, she should really move on. I guess she thinks w. her job, she could use it to get back at him. But, it's not like he's spreading the word that they were together, he's not further embarrassing her. I feel like she's doing that to herself.

Monica,  I just want to know her story....what was she doing the whole time!? her husband wasn't even around too much. Someone had said something about her being involved/realted to the Russian mob....Idk...do they present their daughters to society as debutantes too? :)

Hi everyone,

I think what surprises me most about Deanna's vendetta against Gideon is that we can be sure when he picked her up that this was very much a one night thing. Based on how he initially tried to pick up Eva, he does not pretend that his pick ups are anything more than a short term arrangement so I highly doubt his approach to Deanna was much different.

Don't get me wrong, the way he treated her at the end was disgusting and I can totally understand why she's upset about that, but I don't think she was going in with false expectations that this was going to turn into a relationship. And if she was that's her own fault for not listening to what Gideon was saying.

Do you agree? Disagree? What do you think?

Right, I agree. It was horrible the way he treated her. He did say he didn't think he speak more than a doz words to her the whole night, and she still left w/ him. Idk, drama drama drama.

Some peoples kids   :(

1. @SylDay do u reply to your readers or am I wasting my time reading your books. So sorry if I sound rude. Cheers jaqui pic.twitter.com/WSFFZqBc9k

2. @FigureJaqueline I certainly try to!

11:53 PM - 9 Jul 13 (GMT-07:00) Â· Details

1. @SylDay Do you ever get afraid that you will run out of ideas for Crossfire series?

2. @JessicaSchlea No. My biggest fear is the opposite--fitting it all in without cramping anything.

•  

Here in Germany the books are a big success (but the translation I do not like, it is not high quality) but people are often talking very badly about the books, the men are disrespectful in the media or making funny jokes, they all tend to debase the books but that was and it the same with the Twilight Saga.

I enjoy quite a lot the books because: 

- the writing style I do really like  ( I do know a lot here don´t like it - I am sorry but I do!)

- the storyline which is quite a fairy tale and I do think we all do need fairy tales ... (and I do believe much more "GOOD" can happen in your life than you can imagine or allow to yourself) .. 

- the love story within

- and the healing/the rescue of a tortured person

-  the emails between Ana and Christopher, for me they are so much fun, any time I reread them ... they are intelligent, creative and witty ...

- I do like all the side characters like her best friend Kate, the family of Christian, Jason Tyler and his crew .. Christian´s parents ...

- Seattle as the place where the story takes place

- the smell of the books and the covers are abstract which I do like (so many English and American books have Cover Models and takes all the imaginations away ..)

- all the songs mentioned in the book and the combination of music and erotic scenes ( I do find this is a master piece)

The casting vote to start the books was curiosity, instant attraction to the mentioned main theme (a man with a difficult past and a woman who is totally attracted to him), the writing style and the erotic forbidden atmosphere ..

So, a very long post ... 

Hope your and maybe questions of other ladies are answered, if not , go ahead and ask me ..

sme  ;) !

SME

I think the men debase the book because they know they don't "measure up" both figuratively and physically.  It is easier to make fun of the book and the women who read it than it is to look inward and see if they can make changes that will makes s e x more satisfying for their partners. 

Oh my, I'm 5'7''... I'd need a microscope to see some of them!!!! :D

I always thought Sylvester Stallone was 5'10" or 5'11".  I met him once; he is big and bulky and taller then me (5'5") and he looks good too. He is too old to play any of these leading characters but even back in the day that Jersey accent wouldn't work for a sophisticated business man type.