SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for you Gabri, to make your morning brighter LOL :)

1043850_664937303532519_621201155_n.png

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now I'm in trouble, indeed :blush: !!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Sheens. You've made my day. LOL

Just for you Gabri, to make your morning brighter LOL :)

1043850_664937303532519_621201155_n.png

mmmmmmmmmmmm.... purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Now I'm in trouble indeed :blush: !!!!!!!

Thank you, Sheens, You've made my day! :D LOL

Now I know my computer does have a life of its own!! :(

Sorry for my double postings.

Chat later, ladies! :)

Hi GLH, 

It is interesting that you mention your daughter.  From your perspective would you feel comfortable discussing se*ual topics with your daughter (if she was old enough, etc.)?   I have a classmate and colleague that subscribes to the  philosophy that she was either hatched from a pod or that her parents only ever had just enough se* until her conception.  After that, her parents might as well have been eunuchs (which I find hillarious)!   :)

My mom has passed away now many years and I am not so sure that I would want to know her personal details (how mortifying! :)).  The less I know about my parents and what they did in their lives ( ;)  ;))  the happier I am as a human being.  :)  Wouldn't the discussing of these books potentially open the door to relatives talking about their personal lives?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi--

My daughter is 30 and married.  We did the whole "talk" thing many years ago and then it was just dropped.  But since she is a marriage and family therapist, sometimes I ask her opinion about situations with my friends, etc.  We NEVER discuss her sex life or mine.  That would be too weird thinking about her parents and I do NOT  want to think about her in that way although I do hope she and her husband are having fun.  

The whole Deanna thing---I do not feel sorry for her and I do not think she has a right to be annoyed with Gideon.  He is a high profile guy with a reputation so she did what she did with eyes wide open.  One night stands are just that.  I cannot picture Gideon as the type to promise a thing.  Well, he was good, she got hooked, etc.  Her fault.  But, she is acting like a woman scorned so I am wondering if it wasn't a one night stand after all.  Perhaps he has known her for a while and they finally had sex?  Could she be a friend of Lizzy or Magda or someone?  It makes no sense for her to be so wild from meaningless sex.

My biggest concern has always been the police woman---I forget her name.  I do not trust her at all.

Megumi is a real issue.  Something has happened to her.Or someone.  

Maybe the spermicide was for secondary precaution against any slip up with pregnancy when the exception happen that he nailed them    :(   :(

Absolutely.  Gideon asked Eva if she was on birth control that first Saturday afternoon in her apartment.  And we know he always used condoms.  So I'm thinking: female birth control + condoms + spermicide = Mr. Control always made very sure there would be no unintended pregnancies.

Gideon said several times that there was no one else for him from the moment he saw Eva, that his life began the day he met her, etc.  But at the beginning, with Eva, he was mostly following his usual patterns (even if his desire was more intense and he had to pursue her more than usual).  The night she left him at the hotel, that's when he really changed, in my opinion.  He went after her, he took her to his apartment, and he had s e x with her without using a condom.  All very big things that he never did!

Absolutely.  Gideon asked Eva if she was on birth control that first Saturday afternoon in her apartment.  And we know he always used condoms.  So I'm thinking: female birth control + condoms + spermicide = Mr. Control always made very sure there would be no unintended pregnancies.

Gideon said several times that there was no one else for him from the moment he saw Eva, that his life began the day he met her, etc.  But at the beginning, with Eva, he was mostly following his usual patterns (even if his desire was more intense and he had to pursue her more than usual).  The night she left him at the hotel, that's when he really changed, in my opinion.  He went after her, he took her to his apartment, and he had s e x with her without using a condom.  All very big things that he never did!

Totally agree with you thoughts  :)

Hi everyone,

I think what surprises me most about Deanna's vendetta against Gideon is that we can be sure when he picked her up that this was very much a one night thing. Based on how he initially tried to pick up Eva, he does not pretend that his pick ups are anything more than a short term arrangement so I highly doubt his approach to Deanna was much different.

Don't get me wrong, the way he treated her at the end was disgusting and I can totally understand why she's upset about that, but I don't think she was going in with false expectations that this was going to turn into a relationship. And if she was that's her own fault for not listening to what Gideon was saying.

Do you agree? Disagree? What do you think?

I agree that he treated her horribly, but her being a reporter and all she should have picked up on he was not that into her and she was a momentary distraction from something else. Me myself would have felt inadequate if someone answered the phone in the middle of sex. obviously he was bored or he wouldn't have answered the phone. I would have been angry and hurt but I would have gotten over it. Like he said she was overly eager and he avoids them at all cost the second time. She is using her job as a way to get back at him and in the end she will only hurt herself.

Hi Nathalia

Deanna : I think she should have known herself better ,I don't think you just pick up a guy for a one night stand and then catch feelings when he doesn't treat you the way you expect .You don't know the first thing about this guy so you can't expect anything and I don't think she should have put herself out there in this way if she knows she's sensitive.Without a doubt Gideon was horrible to her and no one should be treated in such a manner but they were both adults no promises were made and she should really move on .Why waste the time with the personal vandetta

Monica:It also puzzles me that Monica didn't know what was going on for four years .Its almost as if she wasn't intimately involved with Eva on an emotional /physical manner .The best I can think of is that she was young ,without support and found herself with a child and in her desperate scramble to build and maintain a life for herself and her child she didn't pay attention as a normal parent might have .I think she got it too late and because of that she overcompensates .

I don't know if you have read my other posts about my situation but sometimes parents don't see what is right in front of their faces because of how the child acts. Like I said before I was a naturally shy person so when I began to withdraw my mother didn't notice because it was already a part of my personality to be to myself. Yes Monica feels deep guilt for not noticing and she does over compensate. But I think she should cut herself some slack cuz when she did find out she did everything in her power to right that wrong. My mother didn't find out til ten years after the fact and my father still doesn't know and would like to keep it that way.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now I'm in trouble, indeed :blush: !!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Sheens. You've made my day. LOL

These pictures are killing me today!!! It is extremely hot in Scotland and this has made me even hotter!!! :)

I thought we all needed a semi naked picture to pick us all up today as it will soon be the weekend. 

Sorry Whiteybitey, I know it is hot up here in Scotland today and tomorrow is supposed to be warmer but I thought it would be nice eye candy for us all, I was going to re-post the buns of steel picture but I thought that would send us all in meltdown LOL :)

First of all thanks for the warm welcome ladies! :) You all seem very nice and the convo's between all of you are so friendly it is a relief compared to other forums!

Well said Mam2me. Deanna was hurt by Gideon and also her own ego big time. That Gideon acted like a pig is crystal clear. But Deanna's expectations were skyhigh otherwise she wouldn't be full of hatred. Let's be honost the most admirable bachelor in town, good looking, filthy rich wants to sleep with her, so she thinks she is something special. Which later turns out she isn't, but just one of the bunch and that hurts. If you just have casual nighty night playtime  with someone you just do your thing, leave the next morning and that's it right? She prolly thought that having spend the night with him ment instant relationship and that's her own calculation fault. So instead of being hit once, she was hit twice. And a hurt woman can be very dangerous and most of the time (self)destructive.

On a slight different note, i was wondering about THE hotelroom. When Eva went there in book 1 and took a look in the drawers, she saw a lot of s*xtoys and spermicide ( if that is the correct word ) and in book 3 Gideon tells her, he used only toys when he went to that room with other women. Why the spermicide then?  I know it is a minor detail, but it made me wonder....

He(Gideon) said that he took women to the hotel room, but "I didn't always nail them it was an exception when I did" Hence that is when the toys come into play and if he did nail them then that is when the spermicide came into play. This is on pgs. 20-21 of paperback version.

First of all thanks for the warm welcome ladies! :) You all seem very nice and the convo's between all of you are so friendly it is a relief compared to other forums!

On a slight different note, i was wondering about THE hotelroom. When Eva went there in book 1 and took a look in the drawers, she saw a lot of s*xtoys and spermicide ( if that is the correct word ) and in book 3 Gideon tells her, he used only toys when he went to that room with other women. Why the spermicide then?  I know it is a minor detail, but it made me wonder....

Welcome,

I thought about the spermicide when I first read this part of the book.  I'm thinking since Gideon basically had his s exual partners complete a survey before having sex, if he was concerned at all about their birth control methods he used some spermicide as an extra precaution. 

Hi Gigi--

My daughter is 30 and married.  We did the whole "talk" thing many years ago and then it was just dropped.  But since she is a marriage and family therapist, sometimes I ask her opinion about situations with my friends, etc.  We NEVER discuss her sex life or mine.  That would be too weird thinking about her parents and I do NOT  want to think about her in that way although I do hope she and her husband are having fun.  

The whole Deanna thing---I do not feel sorry for her and I do not think she has a right to be annoyed with Gideon.  He is a high profile guy with a reputation so she did what she did with eyes wide open.  One night stands are just that.  I cannot picture Gideon as the type to promise a thing.  Well, he was good, she got hooked, etc.  Her fault.  But, she is acting like a woman scorned so I am wondering if it wasn't a one night stand after all.  Perhaps he has known her for a while and they finally had sex?  Could she be a friend of Lizzy or Magda or someone?  It makes no sense for her to be so wild from meaningless sex.

My biggest concern has always been the police woman---I forget her name.  I do not trust her at all.

Megumi is a real issue.  Something has happened to her.Or someone.  

I must admit my oldest daughter and I talk about these books a lot.  (My middle daughter is shy and I don't say to much to her but her sister will share.)  A couple scenes in FSOG I couldn't figure out how Christian got Ana in the position described.  I called my daughter and asked her to try it out with her husband and let me know if it was even possible.  Her husband was game to try and they made me laugh when they described their attempt.