SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Tomorrow is my birthday and I am REALLY hoping that I get a new Nook.  I have the original Nook Color and with the price drop of the 9 in Nook, I asked for it.  I know that everyone feels strongly about whether to get a Nook, Kindle, Ipad or other e-reader, I think that they all have great features and most are all very similar.  However since I already have a Nook, I wanted to be able to read all the books I already have so it seemed silly to get something different.  Another thing I learned is that since the Nook takes part in Google Play (I think that is what it is called) you can download the Kindle app on the Nook, but Amazon doesn't allow you to download the Nook app from your Kindle.

Make the best choice for YOU.

Well Happy Early Birthday and I hope that you get your wish.  And that makes sense if you already have books for Nook to get the same thing!!!!   :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never saw that GiGi but not been on FB for a couple of days, why do people think they can comment like that on other people, the old saying never fails me "people in glass houses shouldn't cast the first stone"

Will they ever learn 

Gigi and Sheens,

I saw the pictures, that I think, you are talking about.  Sylvia was in a maxi-dress or so it looked and posing with other authors.  What did people say to her?  I feel like I am missing something.

Well Happy Early Birthday and I hope that you get your wish.  And that makes sense if you already have books for Nook to get the same thing!!!!   :)

Barb,

Thank you, I just hope for a nice day tomorrow.  After the day I have been having today, I could use a nice day.  Thanks again :)

Since I'm new to this going through some of the post not sure if this has been asked but if Ann Lucas was the mother's shrink, wouldn't he remember her since her hair was red from what Eva said, also he said he found out who she was Lucas wife after he sleep with her and then she came back that's when he decided to break hair knowing it would get to Lucas, if I'm rambling sorry I'm new.

We talked about this.  I believe he most definitely would remember Ann if she were his mother's shrink but some of the other here think she changed over the years.  To me, there was too much trauma for Gideon not to remember the doctors clearly and there is no way he would have a se xual relationship with her.  Gideon said it was revenge s*x against Dr. Terry Lucas not Ann.  

Tomorrow is my birthday and I am REALLY hoping that I get a new Nook.  I have the original Nook Color and with the price drop of the 9 in Nook, I asked for it.  I know that everyone feels strongly about whether to get a Nook, Kindle, Ipad or other e-reader, I think that they all have great features and most are all very similar.  However since I already have a Nook, I wanted to be able to read all the books I already have so it seemed silly to get something different.  Another thing I learned is that since the Nook takes part in Google Play (I think that is what it is called) you can download the Kindle app on the Nook, but Amazon doesn't allow you to download the Nook app from your Kindle.

Make the best choice for YOU.

Downloading Kindle on the Nook must be something new.  I tried it on mine and it gives me an error every time;  I like my Nook but I do a lot of pre-orders of books.  B&N can't seem to get my pre-orders downloaded on they day they are released. 

Hi guys 

I am a newbie and totally obsessed with the story like all of you.....Im re-reading them again!!!! 

Soooo i have a few theories and wanted to share them since i have seen what you guys have be posting about....

SOOOOO as we know Megumi is awol "sick"-why we dont know..... She is dating this "Micheal" who we know nothing about but what if there is NO Micheal and she was really seeing Gideon step brother Christopher Vidal Jr....He know he likes Eva and gets into any woman pants.....Wouldn't she be a good mark so he can find stuff about Eva indirectly.  

My other theory is that Hugh (Gideon's abuser) we know had a child at the time of his suicide WHAT IF this child is Matt, Eva's new assistant trainee person. We dont really know alot about him only he has a girlfriend and the diet foods he has been eating, lol. Its seems like a subtle way to introduce a character that can provide another arch of the story line for books 4 and 5. 

I cant wait for the other 2 books- The bracelet, the Corinne suicide attempt and baby dilemma, Anna Lucas, the sex tape, the wedding, the Eva & Elizabeth confrontation and Gideon confrontation with all his secrets. YUMMY!! 

And the song Stay by Rihanna to me is a fitting theme song of the Crossfire series...

I am engulfed with the story, characters, romance, love making and the delicious but evilness the other woman provide ( ex Corrinne, Mag, Elizabeth, Deanne)....

Hope to hear hear your thoughts! 

Genay from Orlando, FL!!!! ;D

Hi guys 

I am a newbie and totally obsessed with the story like all of you.....Im re-reading them again!!!! 

Soooo i have a few theories and wanted to share them since i have seen what you guys have be posting about....

SOOOOO as we know Megumi is awol "sick"-why we dont know..... She is dating this "Micheal" who we know nothing about but what if there is NO Micheal and she was really seeing Gideon step brother Christopher Vidal Jr....He know he likes Eva and gets into any woman pants.....Wouldn't she be a good mark so he can find stuff about Eva indirectly.  

My other theory is that Hugh (Gideon's abuser) we know had a child at the time of his suicide WHAT IF this child is Matt, Eva's new assistant trainee person. We dont really know alot about him only he has a girlfriend and the diet foods he has been eating, lol. Its seems like a subtle way to introduce a character that can provide another arch of the story line for books 4 and 5. 

I cant wait for the other 2 books- The bracelet, the Corinne suicide attempt and baby dilemma, Anna Lucas, the sex tape, the wedding, the Eva & Elizabeth confrontation and Gideon confrontation with all his secrets. YUMMY!! 

And the song Stay by Rihanna to me is a fitting theme song of the Crossfire series...

I am engulfed with the story, characters, romance, love making and the delicious but evilness the other woman provide ( ex Corrinne, Mag, Elizabeth, Deanne)....

Hope to hear hear your thoughts! 

Genay from Orlando, FL!!!! ;D

Welcome to the group  :)

I don't know if you have read my other posts about my situation but sometimes parents don't see what is right in front of their faces because of how the child acts. Like I said before I was a naturally shy person so when I began to withdraw my mother didn't notice because it was already a part of my personality to be to myself. Yes Monica feels deep guilt for not noticing and she does over compensate. But I think she should cut herself some slack cuz when she did find out she did everything in her power to right that wrong. My mother didn't find out til ten years after the fact and my father still doesn't know and would like to keep it that way.

Hello Angelmine

I'd like to say I'm very sorry for what happened to you and I admire your courage in being able to talk about it.I think on this point I'll take your word for it .I don't know enough about the subject but because of reading the Crossfire I've grown to understand some of the pathology and statistics through researching the subject but unless you've lived an experience you don't know enough.Anything I say is speculation based on what one gets from the novels and not based on fact.

Thank you for your response.

First of all thanks for the warm welcome ladies! :) You all seem very nice and the convo's between all of you are so friendly it is a relief compared to other forums!

Well said Mam2me. Deanna was hurt by Gideon and also her own ego big time. That Gideon acted like a pig is crystal clear. But Deanna's expectations were skyhigh otherwise she wouldn't be full of hatred. Let's be honost the most admirable bachelor in town, good looking, filthy rich wants to sleep with her, so she thinks she is something special. Which later turns out she isn't, but just one of the bunch and that hurts. If you just have casual nighty night playtime  with someone you just do your thing, leave the next morning and that's it right? She prolly thought that having spend the night with him ment instant relationship and that's her own calculation fault. So instead of being hit once, she was hit twice. And a hurt woman can be very dangerous and most of the time (self)destructive.

On a slight different note, i was wondering about THE hotelroom. When Eva went there in book 1 and took a look in the drawers, she saw a lot of s*xtoys and spermicide ( if that is the correct word ) and in book 3 Gideon tells her, he used only toys when he went to that room with other women. Why the spermicide then?  I know it is a minor detail, but it made me wonder....

Hello Moonfeather

Welcome to the forum and I hope you have loads of fun .We are of the same mind on all your points .

never saw that GiGi but not been on FB for a couple of days, why do people think they can comment like that on other people, the old saying never fails me "people in glass houses shouldn't cast the first stone"

Will they ever learn 

Hi Sheens, 

I don't know if the FB page is different for those just looking at it (browsing) versus those who are actual members.  It was at the top right hand side of the page. 

On a slight different note, i was wondering about THE hotelroom. When Eva went there in book 1 and took a look in the drawers, she saw a lot of s*xtoys and spermicide ( if that is the correct word ) and in book 3 Gideon tells her, he used only toys when he went to that room with other women. Why the spermicide then?  I know it is a minor detail, but it made me wonder....

HI Moonfeather,

I think that Gideon used the toys on the women to avoid having to have se* with them.  He also got to control the entire se*ual experience with each said woman without having to be touched, but also as a means and a way of controlling each woman's se*ual experience as well.  He got to decide when and how each person reached the big O.  He also probably learned a lot about women's bodies and what makes them tick...so to speak. 

I think that the spermicide was just an added form of birth control.  The condom reduces disease and combine that with another form of contraception, it helps to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. 

I just got to this scene in my reread.  :)  In the bedside table were condoms, lubricant, and spermicide.  In a dresser dresser drawer were sex toys.  Gideon later admitted that he took women to the hotel room twice a week, on average.  And while he usually used toys, having intercourse was the exception rather than the rule.  So it's not that he never did it, just that it wasn't every time. 

Aha!  Nook makes it so easy to search.  Entwined with You, P. 28  "I took women to the hotel, but I didn't always nail them. It was the exception when I did."

Hi Sarah & Moonfeather, 

It is so amazing.  I completely missed the whole spermicide thing.  I must have skipped over that word.  It would make sense for him to have those things though.  Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Hi Gigi--

The whole Deanna thing---I do not feel sorry for her and I do not think she has a right to be annoyed with Gideon.  He is a high profile guy with a reputation so she did what she did with eyes wide open.  One night stands are just that.  I cannot picture Gideon as the type to promise a thing.  Well, he was good, she got hooked, etc.  Her fault.  But, she is acting like a woman scorned so I am wondering if it wasn't a one night stand after all.  Perhaps he has known her for a while and they finally had sex?  Could she be a friend of Lizzy or Magda or someone?  It makes no sense for her to be so wild from meaningless sex.

My biggest concern has always been the police woman---I forget her name.  I do not trust her at all.

Megumi is a real issue.  Something has happened to her.Or someone.  

Hi GLH,

You make an interesting point.  Deanna is acting like a "woman scorned".  It could be that Gideon might have been keeping something from Eva, but why would Deanna keep something from Eva?  She told Eva about her humiliating experience with Gideon.  You are right, Deanna is making way too big a deal for knowing of someone for less than a few hours.  Is there more to the story?

I also don't like the Detective.  I think that there might be more to her story and her to "catch" Gideon.  I wonder what will happen with Megumi too.   So many questions... 

Dear Sharonm, Dear Ladies here: 

That could be! 

I don´t want to generalize this! Because this thinking used to bounce back to me/us! (What I do mean if you are thinking like this regarding the male sex like this they don´t get a chance to behave differently, you understand, what I do mean?)

In my opinion the problem is that talking about sex, emotions, feelings and any conflicts in this area we are all - IN GENERAL - not so really trained by the society and the school system. 

Woman who talks a lot about their own conflicts, issue´s of emotions, feelings and erotic themes with their best friends are automatically NOT more skilled than the male population but somehow it seems they are not so afraid to questions thing and try to change it. I do think that has a lot to do with the fact that the woman´s body changes all the time, has to make big chances to bear a child and so on. 

The male body doesn´t have to deal with these kind of changes, therefore - I do suppose (I can´t be certain because each person is different) - to change something is very frightful for them because if you start change something you will never know - at first - if this is better than the old system!

But this are assumptions ... I do think each person - doesn´t matter if woman or man - is able to open up. It depends how to approach someone. 

And I do think all this great success of this erotic fairy tales/ stories like EL James, Sylvia Day etc. has one deeper goal - to help the society to talk about issues/probs/discontents in this area! 

What do you/your Ladies think?

SME

Hi SME,

You make some very interesting points.  Think that society plays a huge role in how men and women view se*.  I think that women are conditioned from a very early age to "act like ladies".  Good girls don't talk about se* and good girls don't tell other people if they are having se*.  It helps them to maintain a false sense of "purity",  but with that can come a lot of ignorance.  Instead of reaching out to someone with knowledge, people keep secrets and that can cause harm.

Men are trained to chase women and conquer them.  They get pats on the back and cheers from their friends, while women (mostly girls) get labels like; who*e, sl*t, etc.

I also think that many parents are dropping the ball when it comes to talking to their children about se*.  Many parents stick their heads in the sand and think that their kids aren't doing anything, which couldn't be further from the truth.  In close to twenty years of clinical practice, my colleagues and I have seen a marked increase in STD's and unwanted pregnancies/termination of pregnancies among very young teens (11-13 years of age).

In Canada a child can obtain birth control at any age  by going down to a "free clinic" (that it a family planning clinic where they get counseling and physical exams, etc.).  As long as a child is able to give informed consent (i.e. they clearly understand their actions and what the potential consequences can be) they can receive a myriad of services including an abortion. Many kids go to get the help without having to hear a lecture or receive reprimand from their parent(s).  I am not sure what the system is like in the US or in Europe on some of these issues.

It seems that we as women can have se* but we can't talk about it without fear of judgement or reprisal in some way.  I think that maybe people grow and change because they realize that something is missing in their lives.

Maybe men don't read these books because they are afraid of judgement either by their peers or their partners.  Maybe we as women might try reading our "partners" a scene or two from a book or two and see if that sparks an interest in the men.  It might make for some very interesting discussions and maybe more.  ;)   Those are just my thoughts.  What do you think?

That was super quick! Man Of Steel's Henry Cavill and The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco split after only two weeks of dating

The Man Of Steel and the Big Bang Theory star were the hot topic ever since they debuted their fledging romance in early July but it appears that they may have burned too bright too quickly.

Full Story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2361451/Henry-Cavill-Kaley-Cuoco-split-weeks-dating.html

MailOnline

Ladies there's hope for us all yet!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone