SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hallihallo GIGI! SEE ABOVE!

Hi SME, 

I read your posting and I agree.  :)  I just wanted to clarify that many people in the US and some in Canada had openly criticized EL James for her use of English references.  I found it a little perplexing because we are both English speaking countries and the references weren't that obscure or different.

I also found it very interesting that the people who didn't actually read the entire book or series were the ones who were criticizing the most.  A few television anchors/daytime hosts of talkshows were the most outspoken about how they couldn't stand EL James' writing, but how could they come to that conclusion without having read the material?  What do you think?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Very Same To You, my lovely and dear Lady!

:) sme

Guten tage meine liebe freund SME,

I hope you have a Buon Weekend.  :)

I will spend my weekend practicing my German...I think I should call my Aunt to practice with, but I had better make a pie before she comes over.  She will spend less time chastising my German if her mouth is full of dessert.  :)  :)

That was super quick! Man Of Steel's Henry Cavill and The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco split after only two weeks of dating

The Man Of Steel and the Big Bang Theory star were the hot topic ever since they debuted their fledging romance in early July but it appears that they may have burned too bright too quickly.

Full Story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2361451/Henry-Cavill-Kaley-Cuoco-split-weeks-dating.html

MailOnline

Ladies there's hope for us all yet!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone

Who is HC dating now? :) 

Im rereading part 2, where Eva is talking to Dr Lucas and something hit me. Dr Lucas is a gynaecologist.... could he have messed something up with the blood and / or urine work of Corinne to fake a pregnancy?

Or is it to farfetched?

Hi Moonfeather, 

Which Dr. Lucas are you referring to?  It was my understanding that Dr. Lucas was a pediatrician and that Anne Lucas was a psychiatrist.  Are you thinking that one of the Dr. Lucas' is an OB/GYN? Your clarification would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  :)

Since I'm new to this going through some of the post not sure if this has been asked but if Ann Lucas was the mother's shrink, wouldn't he remember her since her hair was red from what Eva said, also he said he found out who she was Lucas wife after he sleep with her and then she came back that's when he decided to break hair knowing it would get to Lucas, if I'm rambling sorry I'm new.

Hi Jerseygurl, 

That's the big question.  Some forum members believe that Anne Lucas may have been the one treating Elizabeth Vidal while others don't think that she was the psychiatrist treating Gideon's mother.  It would be a little more than creepy if Gideon slept with the woman who was treating his mother, whose brother abused him, all while her husband covered up Gideon's abuse.  It can make a person dizzy just thinking about it.  :)

Hi Jerseygurl, 

That's the big question.  Some forum members believe that Anne Lucas may have been the one treating Elizabeth Vidal while others don't think that she was the psychiatrist treating Gideon's mother.  It would be a little more than creepy if Gideon slept with the woman who was treating his mother, whose brother abused him, all while her husband covered up Gideon's abuse.  It can make a person dizzy just thinking about it.  H :)

Hey GiGi,

Yes it can, I'm on pins and needles waiting for book #4....

Hi GiGi!

Totally my bad, i totally forgot he was a kids doc. But still he could have messed something up with tests behind the scenes. Especially if the theory is correct that Anne isCorrine her psych.After all we read this whole situation through Eva her eyes.

Hi Moonfeather,

Which Dr. Lucas are you referring to? It was my understanding that Dr. Lucas was a pediatrician and that Anne Lucas was a psychiatrist. Are you thinking that one of the Dr. Lucas' is an OB/GYN? Your clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Downloading Kindle on the Nook must be something new.  I tried it on mine and it gives me an error every time;  I like my Nook but I do a lot of pre-orders of books.  B&N can't seem to get my pre-orders downloaded on they day they are released. 

Sharon,

I previously had that problem and called them, they gave me a really easy solution and it has never been an issue since.  Archive the pre-order and then Un-archive it.  Either turn the Nook off (and then back on) when it is archived or right after you un-archive it and voila.

It is the same that you are supposed to do with your Kindle, my friend has a Kindle and they are supposed to fo something similar.  Which Nook do you have?   I believe the downloading of the App is on the new ones, but not positive.

He was still the man I'd fallen in love with - hard with rough edges - yet he'd changed, too. He was all things to me, everything I wanted and needed in one imperfect man.
- Eva
( Entwined with You by @SylDay )

such a great quote, enjoy ladies :)

Hi Sheens,

The photo image was shot very well.  She almost looks like an angel.  The material of the nightie is very filmy and delicate looking. 

I thought so too that is why I posted it and I though it as nice that it was not too revealing for being a shot of a girl in a see through dress :)

(Re: earlier comment about why many men tend to disparage these books)  I think some men might be threatened by novels like these, fearing that they might lead to . . . unrealistic expectations.  I mean, gorgeous, young, self-made billionaire with an 8-pack, huge c o c k, and mad skillz in the sack.  What's not to worry about?!  ;)

On a semi-related note, I mentioned earlier that I downloaded the audio version of Bared to You to my husband's phone.  He obligingly started listening, and so far the results have been most gratifying!

I don't think that Dr. Anne Lucas has treated either Elizabeth Vidal or Corrinne Giroux.  Gideon has spent too much time with Corrinne talking about her depression and medication; I can't believe her doctor hasn't come up at all.  Mr. Control would definitely have noticed if his ex-fiance mentioned Dr. Lucas, and her name would be on any prescription bottles.

And Gideon's abuse probably started about 18 years ago, when Anne Lucas must have been in her early-to-mid-twenties.  That's too young for her to have been the more experienced psychiatrist supervising a psychiatrist-in-training.  Psychiatrists are physcians who go to university (~4 years), medical school (4 years), and then through a residency program (~3 years) before sitting for board certification exams.  (And that's putting aside the unlikelihood of one sibling training another directly like that.  And the unlikelihood of Gideon not remembering her/not having looked up who she was.)

Hi SME, 

I read your posting and I agree.  :)  I just wanted to clarify that many people in the US and some in Canada had openly criticized EL James for her use of English references.  I found it a little perplexing because we are both English speaking countries and the references weren't that obscure or different.

I also found it very interesting that the people who didn't actually read the entire book or series were the ones who were criticizing the most.  A few television anchors/daytime hosts of talkshows were the most outspoken about how they couldn't stand EL James' writing, but how could they come to that conclusion without having read the material?  What do you think?

I think the criticism was due to the fact that the setting of the book was Seattle/Portland area.  When I read it there were some things that confused me and then after I looked up the meanings, I thought no one born in Washington, or any where in the US would say that.  I was taught in creative writing to stick with what you know so the story is realistic.  If the setting were London or Toronto it would have been more realistic.  That said the use of British speak was insignificant to those of us who loved the story.  In my opinion, the reason the books were so well loved is because the characters were so real and loveable.   These comments were usually from writers who couldn't look past the grammar, typos, setting inconsistencies, etc.

That was super quick! Man Of Steel's Henry Cavill and The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco split after only two weeks of dating

The Man Of Steel and the Big Bang Theory star were the hot topic ever since they debuted their fledging romance in early July but it appears that they may have burned too bright too quickly.

Full Story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2361451/Henry-Cavill-Kaley-Cuoco-split-weeks-dating.html

MailOnline

Ladies there's hope for us all yet!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone

My guess is that they really weren't dating in the first place.  Like someone mentioned it was most likely publicity

Sharon,

I previously had that problem and called them, they gave me a really easy solution and it has never been an issue since.  Archive the pre-order and then Un-archive it.  Either turn the Nook off (and then back on) when it is archived or right after you un-archive it and voila.

It is the same that you are supposed to do with your Kindle, my friend has a Kindle and they are supposed to fo something similar.  Which Nook do you have?   I believe the downloading of the App is on the new ones, but not positive.

I have the original Nook tablet.  When I bought mine it was before Kindle released the Fire.  I like it and my only complaint is the preorder issues.  Technical support told me the same thing but it doesn't always work.  It makes me crazy that I can download the preorder to my phone but not to the Kindle.  It took almost 4 days before I could get Entwined.  It wasn't until I sent them a nasty email that they fixed the problem.  Personally I think there is some wrong with my account.

(Re: earlier comment about why many men tend to disparage these books)  I think some men might be threatened by novels like these, fearing that they might lead to . . . unrealistic expectations.  I mean, gorgeous, young, self-made billionaire with an 8-pack, huge c o c k, and mad skillz in the sack.  What's not to worry about?!  ;)

On a semi-related note, I mentioned earlier that I downloaded the audio version of Bared to You to my husband's phone.  He obligingly started listening, and so far the results have been most gratifying!

I agree.  I think my original response was unclear but I haven't had time to go back and see what I wrote and clarify. 

It always pays to share as my mother use to tell me. 

I kno I did wonder esp because of them having the same pr company but its a bit crass to do that for some extra publicity isn't it?!

I knew that relationship screamed publicity stunt... but it lasting only two weeks is weird. Hopefully he's taking a long break from dating because his turnaround time between women is rather short. How can you go from being engaged for a year and then a month or two later date a woman for almost a year break up and then a month later date another one... just an observation...

I think the criticism was due to the fact that the setting of the book was Seattle/Portland area.  When I read it there were some things that confused me and then after I looked up the meanings, I thought no one born in Washington, or any where in the US would say that.  I was taught in creative writing to stick with what you know so the story is realistic.  If the setting were London or Toronto it would have been more realistic.  That said the use of British speak were insignificant to those of us who loved the story.  In my opinion, the reason the books were so well loved is because the characters were so real and loveable.   These comments were usually from writers who couldn't look past the grammar, typos, setting inconsistencies, etc.

Well I attributed the British speak to the fact that Ana was a student of British literature and since Ana and Christian were always quoting authors I think that kind of fit in with that ...

I knew that relationship screamed publicity stunt... but it lasting only two weeks is weird. Hopefully he's taking a long break from dating because his turnaround time between women is rather short. How can you go from being engaged for a year and then a month or two later date a woman for almost a year break up and then a month later date another one... just an observation...

I think he just went out with a co-worker to have fun.  We don't know if the breakup from Gina was his idea or hers.  Maybe Kaley wasn't really a date but the media made it appear that way.