SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I have enjoyed some of the fan fiction. However the back story for Elena i hated. It totally painted Carrick in a completely different light. It was way of base. I would steer clear of that one.

I read that too and got halfway through the story and quit. I can't find anything in any of the books that makes me think that Carrick & Grace had any problems and I never felt that Carrick hooked up with Elena.  It just made me angry.  

I didn't read anymore because I was afraid it would make me angry.  That is the way I am with fan fiction.  If I get to one story that goes to far afield for me I don't read anything else that writer posts.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that too and got halfway through the story and quit. I can't find anything in any of the books that makes me think that Carrick & Grace had any problems and I never felt that Carrick hooked up with Elena.  It just made me angry.  

I didn't read anymore because I was afraid it would make me angry.  That is the way I am with fan fiction.  If I get to one story that goes to far afield from me I don't read anything else that writer posts.

Yes it was just so way way of what I had on my head of their relationship!!  I read the bedtime story and the kidnap portion they were ok, have not read anymore not sure I will.  I LOVE FSOG and don't want to spoil it in my mind!!!

:)

I can understand why she's upset but i do think she is taking it too far. You shouldn't go back to a man's hotel room for a one night stand and expect to be treated with respect. The way he acted was wrong but i still think she is overreacting given the situation. 

I can understand why she's upset but i do think she is taking it too far. You shouldn't go back to a man's hotel room for a one night stand and expect to be treated with respect. The way he acted was wrong but i still think she is overreacting given the situation.

I agree Jen. At the end of the day, Deanna was easy! Simple! Sorry the truth hurts lady!

Yes he was a d I c k , but she gave it to him on a plate! Get over it!

Hi Carolc1001, 

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

Your suggestion of putting Megumi and Martin together is intersting and I haven't thought of it before.  :)  It is true that in the past both Megumi and Lacey have dated the same man at different times, so your potential theory is plausible. 

Are you suggesting that Megumi might have put two and two together (that she figured out that Monica and Victor slept together) or that Monica might have let something slip in the cab they were supposed to share when they both left?  Wow what a delcious twist to an already twisted plot!  You have bgiven me something to think about!  :)

I think Megumi would've figured out about Victor & Monica, yes.  She was there when Eva "caught" them.  Monica was flustered, wearing Eva's clothes and Eva's makeup.  And Victor was in the shower.  Women pick up on that stuff.  Plus Eva's reaction to the whole thing was a dead give-away, I think.

If Martin did get wind of it somehow, and immediately reported it to his uncle Richard, I don't think that would make him a bad guy.  He'd see it as saving his uncle from a scheming fortune-hunter, probably.  Incidentally, I like the idea of Victor and Monica getting together.  It'd be nice for her to realize that money isn't the be-all & end-all.  Especially since they've both carried a torch for each other all along.

I keep thinking that the only way for Gideon to be free of Nathan's murder is to be arrested, tried, and acquitted for it, since there's no statute of limitations on murder.  Plus it's really bothering Eva not to be able to be frank with Cary about the whole thing.  I think the truth will come out, either in the 4th book, or the 5th.  Maybe Monica & Victor could get reacquainted when supporting Eva through her ordeal?

Thank you for the welcome!  I've really been enjoying these boards for the past month or so!  You're all hilarious, with such great insights!

I think Megumi would've figured out about Victor & Monica, yes.  She was there when Eva "caught" them.  Monica was flustered, wearing Eva's clothes and Eva's makeup.  And Victor was in the shower.  Women pick up on that stuff.  Plus Eva's reaction to the whole thing was a dead give-away, I think.

If Martin did get wind of it somehow, and immediately reported it to his uncle Richard, I don't think that would make him a bad guy.  He'd see it as saving his uncle from a scheming fortune-hunter, probably.  Incidentally, I like the idea of Victor and Monica getting together.  It'd be nice for her to realize that money isn't the be-all & end-all.  Especially since they've both carried a torch for each other all along.

I keep thinking that the only way for Gideon to be free of Nathan's murder is to be arrested, tried, and acquitted for it, since there's no statute of limitations on murder.  Plus it's really bothering Eva not to be able to be frank with Cary about the whole thing.  I think the truth will come out, either in the 4th book, or the 5th.  Maybe Monica & Victor could get reacquainted when supporting Eva through her ordeal?

Thank you for the welcome!  I've really been enjoying these boards for the past month or so!  You're all hilarious, with such great insights!

Hi Carol

Good to have you on board. We have lots of fun just speculating.

:)

I thought someone said that we might get a snippet July 16th?

I think at Book Bash someone ask Sylvia a question as to when they would start and she said that she had been on the road and she hoped to start them in 3 weeks or so.  But someone ask the question to her on Twitter and she said after the Afterburn release.  :)

I think at Book Bash someone ask Sylvia a question as to when they would start and she said that she had been on the road and she hoped to start them in 3 weeks or so.  But someone ask the question to her on Twitter and she said after the Afterburn release.   :)

Yes Sylvia said that she was behind because she was on the road so much and it would take a few weeks after she was home before she could get the snippets out.  My guess is that the publisher asked her to wait to build an audience for Afterburn.

Yes Sylvia said that she was behind because she was on the road so much and it would take a few weeks after she was home before she could get the snippets out.  My guess is that the publisher asked her to wait to build an audience for Afterburn.

Sharon.

Do we know who is publishing book 4 and 5 yet? Fingers crossed for NOT penguin!

I agree Jen. At the end of the day, Deanna was easy! Simple! Sorry the truth hurts lady!

Yes he was a d I c k , but she gave it to him on a plate! Get over it!

True true....she's just gotta get over it! She'll probably try to latch on to Christopher next....

Exactly!

I don't know if you have read my other posts about my situation but sometimes parents don't see what is right in front of their faces because of how the child acts. Like I said before I was a naturally shy person so when I began to withdraw my mother didn't notice because it was already a part of my personality to be to myself. Yes Monica feels deep guilt for not noticing and she does over compensate. But I think she should cut herself some slack cuz when she did find out she did everything in her power to right that wrong. My mother didn't find out til ten years after the fact and my father still doesn't know and would like to keep it that way.

Sorry to hear that Angelmine, you're right. Everyone is different, and I'm sure Eva tried her hardest to hide the abuse from her mom. I just don't know what Nathan could hold over her at a young age that would keep her from telling. It's sad. Especially that it went unnoticed for so long.

Ok, I've decided that I want book four to come out ASAP (duh) and in book four I'd like Deanna, Brett, Tat, Corrine & Giroux to go away....away-away... Let Gideon heal w/ his mother and Christopher, Victor to find someone new who will love him and take care of him, Monica to lay off Eva,( just help plan the beautiful wedding in record time), have nothing be wrong w/ Megumi, Cary take control of his life. The s e x tape to go away. The bracelet to be planted by Clancy and murder case closed.

Then, book 5 will just be our two love birds in newlywed bliss, enjoying each other and making beautiful happy memories.Traveling. Maybe Eva works for/with Gideon...w/ Mark like some of you have suggested...

Ok....just a few of my random suggestions. Just can't wait for this next book, and hopefully A LOT of answers and problems solved.

What does everyone else want to happen?

Ok, I've decided that I want book four to come out ASAP (duh) and in book four I'd like Deanna, Brett, Tat, Corrine & Giroux to go away....away-away... Let Gideon heal w/ his mother and Christopher, Victor to find someone new who will love him and take care of him, Monica to lay off Eva,( just help plan the beautiful wedding in record time), have nothing be wrong w/ Megumi, Cary take control of his life. The s e x tape to go away. The bracelet to be planted by Clancy and murder case closed.

Then, book 5 will just be our two love birds in newlywed bliss, enjoying each other and making beautiful happy memories.Traveling. Maybe Eva works for/with Gideon...w/ Mark like some of you have suggested...

Ok....just a few of my random suggestions. Just can't wait for this next book, and hopefully A LOT of answers and problems solved.

I love your thoughts.....and in book 5 at least some talk of little Cross babies, or at least an epilogue having some Cross babies!!!!   :)

I didn't read anymore because I was afraid it would make me angry.  That is the way I am with fan fiction.  If I get to one story that goes to far afield for me I don't read anything else that writer posts.

I couldn't finish it either! It was awful:(

I do too, he deserves better :)

I agree.  After all these years Victor is still in love with the young Monica who had his baby.  Not the older Monica  who needs money and status to feel secure. Victor needs a new love who can move him forward.  I can't wait to read Monica's story.  I really want Captivated to have a Sept release data but since we don't have any pre-order options yet, I think it is going to be Dec.   

True true....she's just gotta get over it! She'll probably try to latch on to Christopher next....

Exactly!

Sorry to hear that Angelmine, you're right. Everyone is different, and I'm sure Eva tried her hardest to hide the abuse from her mom. I just don't know what Nathan could hold over her at a young age that would keep her from telling. It's sad. Especially that it went unnoticed for so long.

I think Nathan held over her the treat that he would hurt her mother.  He went so far as to kill her cat to show Eva he was serious. 

I was just wondering. Does anyone think Monica may need the divorce lawyer, whose ad campaign, Eva and Mark are working on?

Do you think Monica and Victor will get back together? Whatever this thing is that Monica is keeping secret,it involves Victor. Come on girls, get those thinking caps on! What could it be? :)

I'm happily half-way through RIY. Monica is said to have stopped keeping contacts with Victor altogether when Eva was old enough to do so by herself, and by this time Eva had already decided to go to SDSU. This would take place during Marriage 2 (the whale gambler). My guess is, Monica has been avoiding any contacts whatsoever with Victor (ha! ha!) because he's a cop!! Maybe Husband No.2's records weren't spotless and Monica didn't want to give Victor a good reason to fight her over Eva's parental custody.

I don't think they will get back together because there are too many regrets between them. It wold be too painful for Victor. I'd say they had a goodbye f°°k at Eva's place.

I love your thoughts.....and in book 5 at least some talk of little Cross babies, or at least an epilogue having some Cross babies!!!!   :)

I think we would all lbe happy if this is how book 4 tied up the lose ends but I'm not sure that is how Sylvia is going to tell the story. 

I think the tape will be history by the end of book 4.  We will know Monica's story (Sylvia told us that).  We will learn more about Gideon's story (again Sylvia told us)  but we won't know everything.    I asked Sylvia if Corinne was going to go in book 4 and she said that would be a spoiler but... the way she answered I don't think she will go.  Sylvia likes her "bad characters" as much as she likes the good ones. 

I'm positive that Cary isn't going to have his happily ever after until book 5.  As of BookBash Sylvia hadn't worked out the details about the baby yet. 

I hope we find out about the bracelet in book 4.  That whole story arc makes me nervous but depending on the way Sylvia writes it, we will know  either hat Gideon is safe or someone else is after him.  I pray that someone evil isn't after Gideon; this couple need a break.

As far as book 5, I just want to know when it will be released.  I can't stand to wait much longer for the end of the story.

I think we would all lbe happy if this is how book 4 tied up the lose ends but I'm not sure that is how Sylvia is going to tell the story. 

I think the tape will be history by the end of book 4.  We will know Monica's story (Sylvia told us that).  We will learn more about Gideon's story (again Sylvia told us)  but we won't know everything.    I asked Sylvia if Corinne was going to go in book 4 and she said that would be a spoiler but... the way she answered I don't think she will go.  Sylvia likes her "bad characters" as much as she likes the good ones. 

I'm positive that Cary isn't going to have his happily ever after until book 5.  As of BookBash Sylvia hadn't worked out the details about the baby yet. 

I hope we find out about the bracelet in book 4.  That whole story arc makes me nervous but depending on the way Sylvia writes it, we will know  either hat Gideon is safe or someone else is after him.  I pray that someone evil isn't after Gideon; this couple need a break.

As far as book 5, I just want to know when it will be released.  I can't stand to wait much longer for the end of the story.

I just want more...even after book 5 I am sure that I will still want more....  :)

Thanks for the good info  :)