SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Well, I'm European and to specify it a bit more I'm from The Netherlands. In general we are pretty tolerant about gay people. Tv hosts, actors, writers, poets you name it it is for the most part ok. Ofcourse there are areas where it is less likable to announce you are gay, for example in soccer. And don't forget that there are plenty of people who say being gay is a sin ( mostly the very religious people ) or are homophobic.

And if we talk about Europe in general, i think in most countries it is pretty accepted nowadays, but there are still areas where it is better to keep your mouth shut ( some slavic regions )

If i may speak from the heart, I see it like this ( and I'm a mix of dutch and slavic herritage ): Change the world, begin with yourself and treat others how you like to be treated. Being gay doesnt change your skills, your talents, your kindness or any other thing. I wished more people would see it like this...

Well, I'm European and to specify it a bit more I'm from The Netherlands. In general we are pretty tolerant about gay people. Tv hosts, actors, writers, poets you name it it is for the most part ok. Ofcourse there are areas where it is less likable to announce you are gay, for example in soccer. And don't forget that there are plenty of people who say being gay is a sin ( mostly the very religious people ) or are homophobic.

And if we talk about Europe in general, i think in most countries it is pretty accepted nowadays, but there are still areas where it is better to keep your mouth shut ( some slavic regions )

If i may speak from the heart, I see it like this ( and I'm a mix of dutch and slavic herritage ): Change the world, begin with yourself and treat others how you like to be treated. Being gay doesnt change your skills, your talents, your kindness or any other thing. I wished more people would see it like this...

Hi Moonfeather

I totally agree with you, We should stop seeing gay people as something alien to us.It's the next-door neighbour, or your local baker, your first-grade teacher, or your dentist. Does being gay affect people's ability to successfully carve a life for themselves? I don't think so. A good person is always a good peson, regardless who he/she hits the sack/falls in love with.

Maybe I'm Dutch without my knowing!!   :D

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes fun and wild Uncle Cary sounds perfect and he would protect those kids with his life but I'm not so sure Gideon will be on board with him as a first choice LOL. :). :)

Yes Cary will be trusted with the kids.  As babies their nanny will have the background checks equal to or more in depth than the one for the CIA.  When the kids are older the Crosses will open a day care center at Cross Industries to be close to the kids.

Moonfeather, on 17 Jul 2013 - 1:32 PM, said:snapback.png

Hi Moonfeather

I totally agree with you, We should stop seeing gay people as something alien to us.It's the next-door neighbour, or your local baker, your first-grade teacher, or your dentist. Does being gay affect people's ability to successfully carve a life for themselves? I don't think so. A good person is always a good peson, regardless who he/she hits the sack/falls in love with.

Maybe I'm Dutch without my knowing!!   :D

I agree with both of you. 

Yes I have noticed that they all seem to ask the same questions over and over, think of new interesting ones!!   :)

I know Barb.  I would love to have the opportunity to interview her.  I had so many questions and there wasn't enough time.  I know I can come up with new questions.

Hi Gigi and thanks for your comments.

What prompted me to say what I did is an interview I read a little while back with a British actor--I think his name is Rupert something--who was known as a leading man.  He said that coming out was the worst thing he ever did for his career.  He was sorry he came out professionally. I guess because my brother is gay I think a lot about these issues.  He is a very successful businessman and he has to hide his sexuality even though he is married and with the same man for 23 years.  It's all about money and what TPTB think will make the most.  I also remember when Sean Hayes won a Tony for his role and the NY Times criticized because he played a straight man.  That was maybe 2 or 3 years ago.  I think Europeans are more advanced than we are here in the US.

Hi GLH,

I read your posting and I was wondering what does TPTB mean? 

I hope you have a good week.  :)

Hi Moonfeather,

Well said and I agree. :)

Yes Cary will be trusted with the kids.  As babies their nanny will have the background equal to or more in depth than the one for the CIA.  When the kids are older the Cross' will open a day care center at Cross Industries to be close to the kids.

Oodles of Cross babies, how wonderful!  I love the idea of a daycare at Cross Industries Sharon! :)

I see Sylvia had an online interview yesterday.  Don't these interviewers do any research at all?  I have so many questions I would love to ask her not only about Crossfire but her writing in general.  Every question in the interview was asked and answered multiple times.  All she had to do was a quick google search and she could find the answers.  It would be so nice if there was someone a little more creative.  This woman says she's a writer why couldn't she craft a question in a way that would give us more insight into Sylvia's many characters and/or writing techniques.  What a wasted opportunity! 

Hi Sharon,

If you could ask Sylvia one question and one question only, what would you ask? 

Yes Cary will be trusted with the kids.  As babies their nanny will have the background equal to or more in depth than the one for the CIA.  When the kids are older the Cross' will open a day care center at Cross Industries to be close to the kids.

Morning Sharon.

I agree with you. There will be more checks on people coming into contact with his children, than people living in Czechoslovakia! Lol

His info gathering knows no bounds.

Hi Everyone,

I was just thinking if everyone could ask Sylvia just one question and one question only, what would you ask and why? :)

I think it would be hard to pick just one question to ask and here is why.  

There are a couple areas that I'm interested in.

If my question is about the Crossfire series I know she doesn't answer spoiler questions so I have to ask questions about what we know so far to figure out where the characters could go.  It would require more than one question to get a feel for where the characters are heading.  There are several things I want to understand in the books we've read thus far but for the most part Sylvia responds that she only knows what Eva knows.  I want more.

I'm interested in the writing process and there is no way that could be done in one question.  I want to know more about what she is thinking when she is writing.  I know she doesn't write a synopsis or an outline before she starts so I need to craft a couple questions that will take me inside her head.

Finally I'm interested in her other books/series.  I'm in the process of reading more of her books so I have to get to the point that I can ask intelligent questions about them.

I'll have to think about this a little to decide if I can create one long run on sentence that will ask at least some of what I want to know.

Hi Whiteybitey

thank you for sharing!!!! Hearing his voice is always a treat. love4.gif

Did anyone tell him he's Gideon and not Christian?????

Now all we have to do is convince these men that they are each perfect for their intended roles! :)

Hi GiGi

give me their phone numbers and I'll see what I can do!!!!  wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Hi Everyone,

I was just thinking if everyone could ask Sylvia just one question and one question only, what would you ask and why? :)

Hi GiGi

I have plenty of questions about the books I've read so far that I'm sure Sylvia wouldn't answer.

So, I'm left with the one regarding how she keeps tracks of all characters throughout the series, that is how does she manage to cite small details about one character's life and actions from one book to the other?

I also would like to ask her to adopt me..... but not only wouln't she answer that, she would get me arrested, and rightly so!!!

Hi Gigi--

TPTB means the powers that be.  The money holders, etc.  Ultimately they hold all the cards.

Loved that interview.  Just too short.  He just does it for me.  Big time.

Hi GLH,

Thank you for the information. I agree with your statement. Money makes the world go around and sometimes it makes people spin in uncomfortable directions (i.e. they may do things that they wouldn't normally do...).

I just wanted to clarify, was the actor you were talking about Rupert Everet? He has quite the sense of humour! :)

Hi GiGi

I have plenty of questions about the books I've read so far that I'm sure Sylvia wouldn't answer.

So, I'm left with the one regarding how she keeps tracks of all characters throughout the series, that is how does she manage to cite small details about one character's life and actions from one book to the other?

I also would like to ask her to adopt me..... but not only wouln't she answer that, she would get me arrested, and rightly so!!!

Hi Gabri,

You are hillarious! :)