SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi All,

I'm back from my beach trip and self-imposed exile from Gideon and Eva. I have to say it wasn't as difficult as I had feared. My sister and I are the grandmothers to 6 toddlers under the age of 4 (2 sets of twins) and with all of them running around, going back and forth to the beach, and their parents going through innumerable bottles of wine and beer, there weren't the old lazy days of lounging by the sea with beach novels! (It's very difficult to read when one keeps getting clutched by dripping toddlers and trying to keep sun screening their little sandy bodies.) My books would have been wet, oily, and sandy, too!

So I am now home and starting the Crossfire series at the beginning. I'm really enjoying reading straight through instead of jumping around back and forth - especially after not having them for a while. It must be great for people who are just discovering the books to be able to read all three at once. But then they'll have to join the ranks of readers desperate for even a little snippet!

Nancy

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I'm back from my beach trip and self-imposed exile from Gideon and Eva. I have to say it wasn't as difficult as I had feared. My sister and I are the grandmothers to 6 toddlers under the age of 4 (2 sets of twins) and with all of them running around, going back and forth to the beach, and their parents going through innumerable bottles of wine and beer, there weren't the old lazy days of lounging by the sea with beach novels! (It's very difficult to read when one keeps getting clutched by dripping toddlers and trying to keep sun screening their little sandy bodies.) My books would have been wet, oily, and sandy, too!

So I am now home and starting the Crossfire series at the beginning. I'm really enjoying reading straight through instead of jumping around back and forth - especially after not having them for a while. It must be great for people who are just discovering the books to be able to read all three at once. But then they'll have to join the ranks of readers desperate for even a little snippet!

Nancy

Welcome back and yes that does sound like a hand full but FUN.

I bought a tablet and am using the Kindle app and I bought all 3 books and starting reading from beginning myself, they never get old!!!  

:)  :)  :)

The more that the few of us get "Entwined" thru the forum, facebook, and goodsread it gets me all excited about reading everything that everyone is loving and that they recommend!!  I have always loved to read but for a long while I have not done much reading until Fifty Shades and then that lead me to Crossfire and to this forum and the rest is history!!  

And as a added bonus I have met some really nice people that a few have become friends......!!!   :)

Hi Barb,

I feel the same way I have all of Sylvia's historical novels except for Pride and Pleasure. I have the Crossfire novels, I have Maya Banks' Sweet series and Breathless (even though I am waiting on the third) I have started getting Shayla Black's Wicked Lover's series. I have a book allotment in my budget so I can only buy so many a month but I get done with the books in a couple of days so I have to wait the rest of the month so I can get new ones. :)

I always read and usually have a couple books going at one time.  When I only purchased hard copies I kept a book in the living room and bedroom and one in the car.  Now that I have a Nook I download multiple books but like Angel I have a book budget and I can only buy so many a month.  There are a few writers that I purchase books as soon as they are released, like Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, Paterson's Alex Cross series, Janet Evanovich, and now Sylvia Day, &  Maya Banks. 

The only negative I see about the ebooks is that they don't really go on sale, at least the authors that I follow don't.  I like books that pull the reader into the story and allow me to forget my problems for a time.

Hi Sharon

You will not be disappointed with her historical novels, they are fab! I've read them twice each time. I loved Alistair and Jessica, the pirate, Christopher St John, well! Lustful loving, and you wouldn't want to cross him! The stories are so beautiful, and angsty.

Did have to google some of the words though, old English is interesting. Anyway, back to my pirate. Ciao! :)

These are the books that will get me through to my pre-orders that will be out in Aug & Sept.

Hi All,

Nancy

Welcome back.  I'm planning a vacation in a couple weeks but since I live on the gulf I don't know if I want to leave home or just hang out here.

I always read and usually have a couple books going at one time.  When I only purchased hard copies I kept a book in the living room and bedroom and one in the car.  Now that I have a Nook I download multiple books but like Angel I have a book budget and I can only buy so many a month.  There are a few writers that I purchase books as soon as they are released, like Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, Paterson's Alex Cross series, Janet Evanovich, and now Sylvia Day, &  Maya Banks. 

The only negative I see about the ebooks is that they don't really go on sale, at least the authors that I follow don't.  I like books that pull the reader into the story and allow me to forget my problems for a time.

I so agree with both points here.  I love Alex Cross also and the Women's Murder Club series from Patterson.  

You are so lucky to be on the gulf coast. I just loved it. Take your books to the beach! :)

I am very lucky.  I can walk to the beach and just veg for the day.  It is most enjoyable, however I have some family members who are trying to get me to Vegas so I might do that.  I love both options.

The more that the few of us get "Entwined" thru the forum, facebook, and goodsread it gets me all excited about reading everything that everyone is loving and that they recommend!!  I have always loved to read but for a long while I have not done much reading until Fifty Shades and then that lead me to Crossfire and to this forum and the rest is history!!  

And as a added bonus I have met some really nice people that a few have become friends......!!!   :)

I agree! I spend so much on books a month. I don't want to even add the numbers up. Ever since i found this forum and all of Sylvia Day's wonderful books, i have turned into a book junkie!

I so agree with both points here.  I love Alex Cross also and the Women's Murder Club series from Patterson.

Hi SharonM and GLH

Though i haven't picked up these books in a while I too love James Pattersons Alex Cross and the Private series he has an easy style. My hubby introduced me to the books and he reads them religiously as they come out .My favorite character is Nana Mama I love her and think she has such wisdom and grace .I used to read the Kay Scarpetta books when I was much younger and loved them .I agree about about books that pull you into the story ,you're always better for it .Jeffrey Archer is someone else I read without fail ,his writing for me is very unique.

Hi All,

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Welcome back.  It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation.  :)

Hi Barb,

I feel the same way I have all of Sylvia's historical novels except for Pride and Pleasure. I have the Crossfire novels, I have Maya Banks' Sweet series and Breathless (even though I am waiting on the third) I have started getting Shayla Black's Wicked Lover's series. I have a book allotment in my budget so I can only buy so many a month but I get done with the books in a couple of days so I have to wait the rest of the month so I can get new ones. :)

Hi Angelmine,

I can so relate to the need for a book budget!  I prefer my books in printed format, so I am starting to stack my books now.  I am beginning to worry about physical space...:)

When you get a chance, could you let me know what you thought of Shayla Black's Wicked Series.  I have now finished the series and would be interested to hear someone else's take on the books.  :)

Ok ladies

I have nearly finished Sylvia's historical novels. They are brilliant.

Henry would make a great Alistair or Christopher St John. I can just imagine him in breeches and long boots, at the helm of a ship, with a cutlass strapped to his thigh!!!

What say you?

Just the thought of him in breeches makes me go weak in the knees like he was in The Tudors, Yum Yum :)

I need to take a break from reading so much (and spending so much on books) but I'm addicted.  I'm going to download a couple more of Sylvia's books this weekend.  These sound great.

LOL, you are so funny, you need to take a break from reading but you are going to download another couple of books at the weekend, I thought I was the only one who did and said things like that :)

I feel the same way Barb through here and meeting everyone on FB I have made some lovely friends and I always think it is best reading a book that someone else has recommended as you get a sence of knowledge what they liked about it and I think that with us all loving SD and her type of books and FSOG more people know what to recommend to people :)

Hi Sharon

You will not be disappointed with her historical novels, they are fab! I've read them twice each time. I loved Alistair and Jessica, the pirate, Christopher St John, well! Lustful loving, and you wouldn't want to cross him! The stories are so beautiful, and angsty.

Did have to google some of the words though, old English is interesting. Anyway, back to my pirate. Ciao! :)

LOL I had to do that :)

Hi All,

Nancy

Welcome Back NRock, I hope you had a good time away, now back to reality, I am hoping it is not too long before we get the CBY snippet

I am very lucky.  I can walk to the beach and just veg for the day.  It is most enjoyable, however I have some family members who are trying to get me to Vegas so I might do that.  I love both options.

green with Envy here :(

I agree! I spend so much on books a month. I don't want to even add the numbers up. Ever since i found this forum and all of Sylvia Day's wonderful books, i have turned into a book junkie!

LOL, I think we are all getting like that just now :)